Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Survivor

^^that is a good show. i love how he gets ticked off at her. it makes you wonder how much real time they even spent together before they married as they seem like they are finding out things for the first time. and she is such a slob!
okay, back to Survivor...

I thought the older hippie guy was really funny. But did i miss where the other team found out that their shoes and boat were stole by him? I kept waiting to see their reaction when they realized their stuff was gone but i didn't see one. hmmm, they better not fuck with the editing so soon like that.
also the drug board girl, Christa, seemed very likable too. Funny i would like her and the hippie so far the best.

and how stupid was the other team for walking around for over a day looking for water when it was marked right there on their map?

I was disappointed to see that they could buy their stuff too but it seems like they forgot things and it will be interesting to see how that all pans out for them. I did like how they had to keep only whatever they were wearing on. Why in the hell would someone where an Armani suit on the first day? 8)

It looks like a good season. Refreshing it seems anyway.

Hey Beane, I heard Jeff Probst on Howard Stern. He said that the reason the cast was dressed nicely is because they were told they were going to be taking promo pictures and to wear something nice. When the cast arrived all dressed up, the producers said "Surprise! Game starts now!" What a trip!

who thinks rupert will win? (talking about the survivor tv show)

it has GOT to be either rupert or ryan 0!

cannot imagine some of those other poeple have a chance

I was sad to see the leader of that one tribe leave (the one wearing a suitcoat all the time)

he was the smartest but that psycho girl scout momma doublecrossed him

now it has to be rupert (50% or more chance)

Last edited:
that thread is old, who looks past first page? l:p

title fixed, ok?

now to the show, they got rid of ryno :(

who next? i keep hoping jon cause he is annoyingn

maybe daria?

I don't like the idea of bringing back the people who were voted out, that's very lame IMHO.
They were voted off for a reason, let it be.
I swear, if Rupert goes, I'm through watching this season! :X

^^^ i totally agree! He is by far the best contestant i have seen. There is something about his strength, both physically and mentally, he reminds me of my Dad. :/

BlueAdonis said:
I don't like the idea of bringing back the people who were voted out, that's very lame IMHO.
They were voted off for a reason, let it be.
I swear, if Rupert goes, I'm through watching this season! :X

I agree completely.
If he goes i might have to start a fund so he can win a million anyway from all his fans!

I think he will go soon - he's just way too big a target. But I will be disappointed when it happens. I hope I'm wrong.

survivor is a stupid show.....personally, i stopped watching during the second series when they got to spend a night on a luxury yaucht and eat pizza and watch tv and it suddenly dawned on me that they arent really "suriving" shit and to watch such a dumb show is a big waste of my time and mental capacity.....survivor is a perfect image of all things wrong with american TV today....pointless, non educational, non informational and generaly smut used to fill the airwaves in order to draw in the lower masses and make more advertising revenue for the stations...watch it if you want, but i sure as shit wont be tuning in...the last time i was in america i was shocked to turn on the tv and see how degraded the networks had become.....now its all fucking garbage reality tv on every damn channel....straight up trash...

-proud to be canadian......where only a handfull of my 700 channels are polluted with american reality tv for the masses

If Rupert doesn't win I'll be extremely upset! He's the only reason I still watch the show.

terayon, you know, nobody is making you watch the show. :\

My bf hates survivor but he was in the room when I watched the first epsiode. He loved Rupert the moment he saw him stealing from the other tribe's dingy when they were in that village.

fair enuff adonis......i just really cant stand it :p
who is this rupert character?

^^this stud:

main_pic.jpg

^^^
Well, now he's gone...

Anyway, this is the first disappointing season of Survivor for me, I must say. I haven't seen all the prior seasons, but most of them, and I always got hooked and enjoyed them right up to the end, no matter how the voting went. But there have been some real problems this time:

1. The thing about them having to wear the clothes on their backs, and then a lot of them selling that, was dumb. I did not find it entertaining to see these people having to wear boxers, or Rupert wearing part of a skirt, or any of that crap. It was just an annoyance.

2. The place has too much food. Is it just me, or is this the first time the survivors (at least one tribe) pretty much had ALL they wanted to eat for the duration? Sure, they're probably sick of fish, but they aren't starving or living off of rice like other episodes.

3. Bringing 2 cast offs back onto the show was a really stupid idea. I mean, apart from the fact that they LOST the game by being voted off once, they then got to STAY out of the game until the 7th week or whenever they had the episode where they returned. How many votes did Lil and Burton avoid during those intervening days? Yes, I know the show SAYS that they kept these people on low calorie diets to prevent them from having an unfair advantage when they returned, but I bet they still got a better balanced meal than the other survivors, got to sleep in beds, didn't get attacked by bugs, etc., etc. So I'm sure they WERE more replenished than the existing survivors they competed against. Anyway, whatever mileage the show's producers got out of this gimmick in terms of gaining interest, they lost way more with just the bare unfairness (to me, and people like me) of having one of these 2 returning cast offs win.

4. THE FUCKING CHALLENGES SUCK!!! I always admired the way they came up with interesting and unique challenges for the shows. But this season, I think they must have given the job to some one new because these challenges are fucking BORING. First, too many rely on physical ability. In the past they did a better job mixing up challenges that required merely will power or mental ability. Second, these challenges are way too complicated. I get lost whenever the host is explaining what they have to do. Three keys, four bells, a puzzle and an obstacle course, working in pairs, or whatever. In past seasons, I could mostly understand what the challenge was from the explanation, but now they've gone into this mode where half the challenges are some kind of multi-tasking obstacle course. Maybe they thought these challenges were more interesting, but in fact they lose me when it gets to complicated like that. I'd rather see them find creative and simple challenges. Like the season where they had the kite building challenge. And they are stealing a lot of these challenges from past episodes. They had that "escape from the cages" challenge, just like a season or two ago, only this time I think they made it have more stages so it became another of those absurdly long obstacle course things.

Anyway, they better fire the guy thinking up the challenges this season and get back the guy they had before, or whatever they need to do to make the challenges better next season.

5. The rewards SUCK! Bacon and eggs on a table on a beach? Pizza and beer on the back of a sailboat? What the hell happened to being wisked away to some local native feast, or activity like scuba diving or something original? Surprise me! The only thing surprising about a bacon and egg breakfast reward is how lame it is.

Well, I may stick out the rest of this season and try the premiere next season to see if they fixed these problems. But I'm really close to cutting this show loose.

As to the person who said the show is not about survival because the people are not surviving, you are missing the point. The show is about seeing raw and powerful and REAL human emotion. Even though it is manufactured by putting these people in a situation where they are deprived of family, friends, outside contact, food, sleep, comfort, etc., and putting them under constant mental stress (similar I guess to breaking some one down through brainwashing) the fact remains that the emotions evoked through this method are REAL. Those episodes where after weeks of isolation, the remaining survivors got to get a letter from a family member, or see a family member, and they'd all break down crying -- no matter how much of a jerk or snake they had seemed -- are so moving because they show you that EVERYONE has their own circle of love. No one is so cold and mean that they are alone in this world. And when after all this deprivation, the people go nuts for a piece of chocolate or something, you can see it is REAL that amazing pleasure they are getting from something so simple.

I mean, what is worse, to manufacture REAL emotion with something like Survivor, or to have actors ACT emotions they are not feeling by reading a script? Well, my point is not to say Surivor is better, only that it is no worse than anything else on TV. The point was NOT to see who really would be best able to survive in the wild for 39 days. That was made clear right from season 1. It is a game about who can be (1) come under the radar as not so bad they should be voted off because of animosity, not so good they are a clear threat to win it, and (2) maneuver into enough friendships / alliances to avoid being voted off just because you are the odd man out, and (3) avoid being part of an alliance that is too obvious and strong so that the others must band together to get rid of you (which is the mistake Rupert, Cassandra and Krista made this season, since they should have KNOWN when they allied with Burton and Lil to get to the final 5, that Burton and Lil would wonder, "What then?" and could easily see that they were the odd 2 out and would be outnumbered by those 3 being too tight together. So they were idiots not to consider that Burton would be looking to avoid that fate. If they had, then they should have seen tonight's vote coming.)

Well, I'm just pissed because Survivor is sucking this season AND Rupert was voted off (who was one of the last interesting things about the show) and really only has himself to blame for it.

And stupid Cassandra voting for John instead of Darra just because she was so cocky she thought her vote was unnecessary and she wanted to make a pointless and useless gesture to show she disliked John. WE GET IT, MORON!! Geez, if Rupert had guilted Lil into staying with him, it would have been a 4 - 4 tie and Rupert might have survived BUT because of Cassandra's stupid and pointless vindictiveness, it would not have been a tie even if Lil had voted with Rupert. That fucking stupid, smug bitch. Whose smiling now?!! Yeah, I know in the end her vote made no difference; I'm pissed at her because she had no way of knowing that and since there was a slight chance some scheming had gone on she didn't know of, she should have voted the way she'd agreed to. Goddammit!

Anyway, if they really want me to watch next time, they should put the next Survivor in Afghanistan.

~psychoblast~

p.s. No, I have nothing better to do.

Oh, one more thing. I also don't see much heart this show as other shows. I think it is that they spend more time showing these stupidly long and complicated challenges, so all the other time is spent with snippets of plotting or, occassionally, some interesting event that might have happened to a tribe. I can recall in the past seeing tribe members sitting around singing, talking shit, shooting the breeze, talking about families. Getting drunk together with some reward booze and acting crazy. This season, 99% of the show is challenges, alliance talk, and tribal council. I watch because of the honest human interactions and reactions, not for the stupid GAME. If the idea of who will win the MONEY was what made it interesting, then Who Wants to Be a Millionaire would still be a hit. But it's not.

~psychoblast~

ok so he's gone, yeah it sucks but he'll be back in the game in Feb when All Star Survivor comes back, but his number was up, honestly if you were in the game would you want to go into the final 2 with rupert, if you say yes then your stuck with second place, I'd wanna take Jon with me personally, and I believe thats what burton is thinking too. yes voting 2 people back into the game was wrong but these people sign up and are told to expect the unexpected, but everyone bitches how they got voted back in, but nobody bitches at the fact it was cause the other 2 teams LOST that challenge, If the other ones didn't want them back they should have gave 125% effort.

The problem with this game is Alpha males and Females are threats, your strong they need you in the beginning then after the merge they don't need you anymore, cause your to much of a threat to win individual challenges, So the people flying under the radar wind up winning, happened in season 2, season 3, season 4, and season 6. Rich from season 1 and Brian from Season 5 were the only ALPHA ones to make it to the end and Win, This wouldn't have happened this time if the alpha's would have teamed up after the merge, Why Andrew and Ryno didn't offer Rupert and Christa and Sandra a truce to final 5 is beyond me,

Oh yeah one last thing, 10 bucks says Darrah wins

That's it! I quit this show after this week's episode. I am not going to let this show get to me like last year so i better quit while i can still take it.

Well last year I hated Rob so much in the beginning because of all his smart ass comments. Then towards the end I really like him because he was so scandelous and he really knew how to play the game.

This year I think it will be the same way with Jon. I want him voted off so bad but for some reason last episode made me think he knows a little bit more about this game. Yes he is annoying. I was complaining to my fiance about his stupid ass comments at every tribal council, when he goes to vote for somebody but he explained to me all his comments are what famous wrestlers say on the WWF and WCW so it made me not hate him as much and made a little more sence.

I think Sandra or Christa's going next.