• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Success Copping Dope (Heroin) in South-East Asia... But is it Snortable?

I understand the moral dilemma but going to prison is not worth helping out a few (albeit very hospitable) strangers. Seriously it sounds like you've been very lucky thus far so it best not to test it.

Wow! the weed looks exactly like un-strung thai stick from 70s (minus the seeds)
good luck OP...

Thanks for posting the pictures of the herb, and the house you were a guest at. Compared to how most people in the world live, that house looks well built and like it has been there for awhile.

How is the high from that herb? Obviously it is not going to be like med grade strains of hybrids, Indicas, or Sativas grown but is it a sativa, or hybrid? Have you smoked opium or hash at all, or been to mainland India at all?

Stay safe.

@PrietTheyCalledHim -

Yeah, the guy is 36 and said he grew up in that house, so that's a good point (I THINK he said that, his English is very poor, and my Sinhalese is non-existent).

The high off the Kerala Gold (KG) has actually varied a little between batches. One or two batches that I've had initially hit with a more uplifting, slightly racy head-high, then after about 20 minutes settled into a relaxing body-high, great for sleep / chilling on the couch. Otherwise - it's straight into the relaxing body-high, little to no paranoia, social but fairly stoning as well. The high also lasts close to 2 hours; where as the medical bud in Denver lasts for like an hour, and then it's a weird "after-buzz" burnt-out diminished high/hangover... The high off this KG stays present for a decent amount of time [like I said, 2(+) hours], with fairly minimal burn-out "after-buzz"/hangover (presumably due to the old world genetics of the strain). As far as Kerela Gold's classification, it would almost certainly be labeled an "Indica." However, it has recently been uncovered that the whole Indica/Sativa distinction is a farce, in terms of their actually being two different classes of the plants. It is a label initially used to distinguish shape/height of the plant, but there is no genetic link. Forthcoming cannabis research and literature is revealing that the indica/sativa distinction is of no merit, and the experienced high it is actually a product of the different ratios and combinations of THC, CBD, CBN (etc.) and TERPENES!!! Terpenes are the flavors in your bud, AND they have significant effects on the high experienced! But as I said, using the Indica/Sativa/Hybrid classification, the Kerala Gold would definitely be labeled an INDICA.

I've smoked opium in the U.S. but I'm uncertain how legitimate it was, because it smelled/tasted like the opium flower, sweet and delicious. I've read that true opium is nearly odorless, and definitely not floral... However I have used heroin for years, and I have never been to India, lol.

I smoke hash in the states, but my weed-plug out here in Sri Lanka said a lot of the hash or "charas" is cut with opium/heroin and other substances. For moral reasons, he refuses to sell the 'charas' unless he knows for certain it is clean and made strictly with cannabis. However, we talked about it - and with the rising price of heroin, it is unlikely they are actually mixing it into the hash... and honestly I wouldn't mind either way lol... So he has agreed to bring me some hash, but thus far only Kerala Gold.

I was always under the impression that #3 (freebase) smoked and ran way better than tar. Is this the case with your newest batches? Also, can you get suboxone over there or did you bring it with you? I'm from denver as well so have probably smoked similar product but travel (and plan to in the future) to SE Asia frequently. All the weed over there has always been supppppper shitty so I'm surprised you found something halfway decent. As others have said, be careful with drugs over there man. Bribes are steep and prisons are fucking brutal. Play by the rules and you should be fine.

So I wrote a LONG ass update a couple days ago but the internet crapped out in the midst of my posting :/
I am on my way to go cop now, but upon return I will flesh out the whole story...

In the meantime:
@soulgasm all the batches run fairly the same, the tar in Denver runs much more smoothly.. This stuff turns to a sticky liquid fairly quickly, where as the tar kinda stays in a glob that slides until it's done.

However, I have a thought/question... I noticed this stuff runs a lot more when I keep the flame a little further from the foil (still like a sticky liquid though, rather than a thick glob). IDEALLY, when freebasing dope - DO YOU WANT VAPOR OR SMOKE????

When I keep the flame further from the foil, the dope runs, and I FEEL like I'm getting something in my lungs, but there's nothing visible upon exhale... Is this efficient? I'm use to Tar, where you see the smoke spiraling off the foil into the tooter, and out my lungs upon exhale... This stuff does that, but basically burns up as soon as it gives off a visible smoke... If I keep the lighter further, it runs a lot longer, but I don't know if I'm actually getting any smoke... Just vapors, maybe? Are the vapors ACTUALLY what I want? Have I been wasting this shit?!?! Lol

I'll be back with a full update in a little bit... Juicy details to come!

Last edited:
The cuts prevent it from vaping leading it to run more with the tar. The freebase if it is pure will liquify quickly and vape quickly or else break down. Keeping the fire further is always ideal. Keep it as far as you can to get vapors that you feel and the only reason to bring it closer is if your not getting effects from your hits.

edit: If only you had rigs and citric acid/vit c to IV that stuff.

The high off this KG stays present for a decent amount of time [like I said, 2(+) hours], with fairly minimal burn-out "after-buzz"/hangover (presumably due to the old world genetics of the strain). As far as Kerela Gold's classification, it would almost certainly be labeled an "Indica." However, it has recently been uncovered that the whole Indica/Sativa distinction is a farce, in terms of their actually being two different classes of the plants. It is a label initially used to distinguish shape/height of the plant, but there is no genetic link. Forthcoming cannabis research and literature is revealing that the indica/sativa distinction is of no merit, and the experienced high it is actually a product of the different ratios and combinations of THC, CBD, CBN (etc.) and TERPENES!!! Terpenes are the flavors in your bud, AND they have significant effects on the high experienced! But as I said, using the Indica/Sativa/Hybrid classification, the Kerala Gold would definitely be labeled an INDICA.
The reasoning behind the different high is not just a lower THC content, degraded terpenes, etc. It is the fact that with the lower THC the other cannabinoids are more in ratio when you smoke higher and higher doses while with herb bred to contain high amounts of THC lead to the THC amount raising in a disproportionate rate to CBD and other cannabinoids leading to THC overdose, side effects, and hangover.

Also the best way to think about the strains is this.... Indica is closer to hemp producing less alkaloids although more likely in balance while sativa could be thought of as ganja or the kind, which without respect will blow your mind as it produces cannabinoids in high amounts more likely at a disproportionate rate. Indica has more variety in what it produces while sativa is bred to produce high amounts of cannabinoids (THC, CBD, THCV, etc.)

Last edited:
The cuts prevent it from vaping leading it to run more with the tar. The freebase if it is pure will liquify quickly and vape quickly or else break down. Keeping the fire further is always ideal. Keep it as far as you can to get vapors that you feel and the only reason to bring it closer is if your not getting effects from your hits.
Thanks man - I think I have it down pat, now. The (high-quality) powder actually runs quite well, you just have to use 1 small pile at a time... When I smoked with the locals, they broke a bag into 3 runs... When I follow their technique it's perfect. I was trying to do an entire bag in one pile but it definitely doesn't run/chase as smoothly. When the Sri Lankans smoke, they don't even "chase" though. They put a small pile of dope on a tiny piece of tinfoil, and just smoke it in place, no sliding...?

Also the best way to think about the strains is this.... Indica is that ganja; that good old herb that make you feel good good without no troubles and sativa is the kind; that bud that without respect will make you lose your mind, but can show you the most love as it is bred to produce a good time. Indica has more variety in what it produces while sativa is bred to produce high amounts of cannabinoids (THC, CBD, THCV, etc.)
What I was trying to say here is that the Kerala Gold would be considered an Indica; however, the Sativa/Indica is not an actual taxonomy endorsed by botanists or scientists... It is a purely colloquial term. Basically all medical dispensaries still classify their strains as indica, sativa, or hybrid, but this is likely to be completely discarded in the next couple years, and likely to be replaced with THC/CBD ratios (as you alluded to) as well as the terpene profile.... All the effects previously attributed to indica/sativa are being debunked and re-attributed to terpene profiles... That's why a "Sativa" like Sour Diesel still gives you couch-lock like an "Indica." I'm having trouble finding research to support my claims online; but my brother is the author of the Aficionado's Guide to Cannabis, as well as a prominent figure in the industry (see The Adam Dunn Show)...

Last edited:
I completely understand your point, but doubt indica/sativa/hybrid concept will be ruled out.... I need to edit up my phrasing on top as I got mixed up.... Indica is closer to hemp as sativa is closer to ganja/the kind.... Hemp seems to contain a mixture of everything in place of what it lacks in THC while high quality herb is considered resinous bud high in alkaloids, but in western culture perceived as high thc or even high cbd now. Basically indica = not as developed in cannabinoid production vs. sativa = high production of cannabinoids

I completely understand your point, but doubt indica/sativa/hybrid concept will be ruled out.... I need to edit up my phrasing on top as I got mixed up.... Indica is closer to hemp as sativa is closer to ganja/the kind.... Hemp seems to contain a mixture of everything in place of what it lacks in THC while high quality herb is considered resinous bud high in alkaloids, but in western culture perceived as high thc or even high cbd now. Basically indica = not as developed in cannabinoid production vs. sativa = high production of cannabinoids
Okay - I wrote an extremely long-winded response to this but I found an article that can articulate my point a lot more clearly. Here is why the Indica / Sativa taxonomy is deeply flawed, and likely to be discarded/revamped in the coming years: http://theleafonline.com/c/science/2015/01/indica-sativa-ruderalis-get-wrong/ "This new nomenclature should come to replace the old system, because it is grounded in the actual genetics of the plant and is scientifically sound."
And here's some basic info about terpenes:https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/terpenes-the-flavors-of-cannabis-aromatherapy

The Great Update July 4th, 2015
Happy Independence Day, from Sri Lanka!!!! Haha, I need to get a grill and some cheap fireworks ASAP...

Anyway, my "run" has continued into what is now a week of use, and more money has been spent than I care to acknowledge! Still, some of the dope is REAL GOOD, and some is real MEH. Allow me to recap:
Saturday: Go to small heroin-infested village for the first time, find a friendly couple," Radam and Fatima," and they help me score (see first post in thread).
Saturday: I go back again that evening to cop once more (with the help of Radam and Fatima).
Monday: I go back to the same couple once I get out of work, and get hooked up.
Tuesday: Leave work early, and see Radam and Fatima. On my way out of the village, a dealer introduces himself and gives me his direct #.

If you've been following this thread, it's been shared that the village is EXTREMELY hot, as police routinely search people and set-up blockades (almost daily) to try and restrict the heroin use/sales in the village. Also, I met a dealer who was willing to deliver, but I felt some type of loyalty to Radam and Fatima (the couple that's been hooking me up).

Wednesday I had off work for "New-Moon Day" (amazing holiday, no? Lol I love this country!) So I got up nice and early and walked over to the village. I give Radam the money and I'm waiting in the house as I normally do. People are in and out of the house pretty regularly, I never know who lives there or who is just a friend, but everyone goes to smoke their "Kudu" (heroin, literally translates to "dust") in the back-room. Suddenly, a man with an un-tucked dress shirt and sandals walks into the house, I think nothing of it.

He walked through both rooms then circled back to me, sitting on the couch. I stand up, shake his hand, and introduce myself. I'm about to sit back down when he asks me where I'm from in a fairly stern manner. I respond with a friendly tone, and after about 2 more questions he reveals, "I am a police officer." I honestly thought it was a joke at first, someone from the village messing with me. He had no visible badge, and even for a "plain-clothes cop" he looked like he had just rolled out of bed! He continues, "there is a lot of drugs in this village, why are you here?" I told him I try to come in the morning to bring breakfast to Radam and his wife. The cop continues asking questions, checks my passport, visa, etc. The entire time he has this angry look on his face, and with every question his voice got a little louder, and a little sterner. He seemed frustrated that I was maintaining such a casual appearance... Extremely respectful, but i was not frantic, not did I reveal how fearful I truly was. He reviews my papers again, hands it back to me, and leaves.... No pat-down, no search, no nothing... Just an abrupt interrogation after walking right into Radam's home, unannounced!

Radam returned 15 minutes later with the dope, and I got the fuck out of there. Fatima (who was present for the interrogation) as well as the neighbors gave me a thumbs-up when the cop left and said I handled it perfectly. Radam reitterated that with an American passport, I have nothing to worry about - the country depends on our tourism. Still, I was thanking god, especially because I prayed (I do every time) before copping in that village... Terrifying.

That night when I needed to re-up, I called "Infi," the guy who said he would deliver to me, and at better prices than I was already paying. I continued to use Infi for the next couple of days, but honestly his dope is MAYBE, HALF the strength of what I was getting from Radam and Fatima... So yesterday, I decided to go back to the village before the sun-set (it seems the highest police presence comes around early morning, and late evening), and prayed for my safety.

I get to the village and I'm greeted by a group of Radam's friends... They sit me down outside, put a cigarette in my mouth, hand me a beer, and everyone gathers around to shoot the shit with me, lol. Americans seems so exotic and partially even revered by the Sri Lankans (I had expected the opposite before arriving here), it was like I was on display. I didn't feel exploited though, I know it comes from good intentions, they are all super hospitable and friendly. When I asked about police they started cracking up, they were certain I had nothing to worry about... Finally, Radam came out and brought me into his home.

I tell him I've been getting it delivered for much cheaper, and he wisely points out that it's probably heavily cut (definitely is, lol), and I nod. I give his wife the money, and she comes back with 5 brown packets that are very rocky (Good shit!). Last time I visited, Fatima (Radam's wife) was very dope-sick and I was trying to explain to her that I have suboxone from the U.S. but their English is very limited so I could not explain.

Before I went to cop, I spent an hour on google translate writing and translating a document explaining what suboxone is, and how to safely use it. This took FOREVER. The key to using google translate effectively, is translating back to english. Each sentence I wrote in English, I translated to Sinhala, then translated the Sinhala back to English. 9/10 times the words changed and the sentence no longer made sense! After meticulously tinkering and translating, I printed the paper with English and Sinhala and brought it with me. I reviewed the paper with Radam and Fatima and gave them each two suboxones, in case of an emergency... I really love this couple, lol.

Anyway, I got home last night and had a text from Infi! He said he saw me in the village, and basically wrote a paragraph apologizing, saying he can bring me better shit for even cheaper, lol. I think I will give him one last chance, as I really don't want to go back to the village and risk being arrested anymore. Radam and his friends laughed when I brought up my concern with the police, they seem to think I have nothing to worry about, as an American tourist.... Still, I rather be safe than sorry... I'll let ya'll know if Infi steps his game up now that he knows I'm copping from the competition ;p.

Take care friends, and be safe!

A

P.S. I've come to realize this thread is far from harm-reduction. I mean no disrespect to bluelight, nor do I intend to glorify drug-use. The only reason I'm sharing these stories is because I think they are an interesting account of copping abroad that we rarely hear. That being said, Heroin is a sneaky bitch that is so convincing, you'll rob yourself just to taste her one more time... I am leaving on a trip with work early Monday morning, so I intend to start back on my Suboxone Sunday morning/afternoon. Today is the last day of the run (we've all heard that before!).

Last edited:
Just reminds me of my experience in china, felt like I might as well share it in here since this is about opiates in Asia:

The second time I had it was when I visited Hong Kong. They have a great drug scene (just DO NOT get caught) at first they tried to sell me some bunk shit, but since I grew my own I knew what the looks, smell, and consistency were like so I called him out on it and started walking away. He started running after me, "no no no no wait pleas please!!!" He was this wacky guy from Bangladesh. And he said he could get me much better more "more better please sir, I say you more better... please follow me." So he took me down this fucking sketchy as FUCK alley way into an apartment building into a room that I swear was barely bigger than a closet with no windows, just a Chinese guy sitting at a computer. He only spoke Cantonese (I can speak mandarin I studied in college that was kind of why I went). So they seemed to be fighting back and forth my guess was he didn't like that a 6 foot 1 ~200 lbs american who looked like a bearded special forces operator in his room asking to buy drugs. LOL

Well they settled down, and then the desk he was sitting at propped open and the monitor and everything on the desk was bolted down and a hollow space was underneath (it was pretty clever). Then he grabbed a silver metal briefcase (yes just like the ones you would see in movie lol) and inside was my wet dream. Damn near every type of drug imaginable. I first spotted the Opium which was cheap as hell. Then I saw some triad gold... heroin fresh out of the golden triangle (real powerful shit). They even warned me this not like like anything you have in America before, be careful. I got like 4 grams of it for peanuts! Drugs were SO damn cheap there. Well, opiates were, I was thinking about getting some coke and ex but the coke was retardedly expensive and the E was like 25 U.S. dollars a piece so I only got 4 of those. But after that I tipped the middleman 20 USD and asked him to take me to the best Indian restaurant in the area and a pharmacy I could buy rigs at.

The opium was exactly the same as I remembered so nothing new there. But the dope... the dope was sooooooooo fire. I mean when you injected it there was this taste all around your tongue that was so much more powerful and assertive than U.S. dope and a VERY pungent smell. OMG that stuff was insane sooooooo fucking good, It took me the rest of the month to finish my supply because of how strong it was and I know this was risky but I brought about 7/10ths of a gram with me (prison luggage wrapped in three condoms). For the flight home because I couldn't be in WD during a total of 43.7 hours worth of total flying including layover in Japan I had also picked up some xanax from a pharmacy for the flight. Lasted me all the way to America where I got rid of everything before going through customs. It was the best 43.7 hours I can remember in a looooong time. I mean I just got to sit around get high watch movies and eat food for two days straight without having to worry about a damn thing.

Just wanted to say very interesting thread and well written. I would love to visit that side of the globe some day. aarondank, if you're around, can we please get an update?

Last edited:
Just wanted to say very interesting thread and well written. I would love to visit that side of the globe some day. aarondank, if you're around, can we please get an update?

I'll def have to post a follow-up culmination soon! Thanks for the kudos..

Hey RDP89 - how far do you live from Chicago?? I'm staying downtown right but I'm with my girl so I cant really hit the west-side to do my thing... Would love a little help, and would obviously return the favor... If you'd be willing to get affiliated, inbox me with a way to contact you! Good looks

Hey aaron...do you still come to this site? I tried PMing you but your box is full.

This was one of the best and most interesting stories I have ever read on bluelight. Major props for recounting your story, and Mad Dash as well. I am going to have get high dreams tonight from reading this, I'm positive!

What an absolutely outstanding read, if this was a book I can guarantee it would sell well. Between aarondank & Mad Dash you two have fantastic stories.

I would love to hear more if at all possible.

Stay safe my friends.

Can you finish the thread for us please? It's a really good read and I've always kept up with it I've just been waiting to hear anything else.