• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc subs for methadone withdrawal

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
I have a question about what i should do

6 months ago i ct'd off methadone and i had a relapse for about a week during the xmas holidays i thought i would be ok but its day 12 and sadly alot of my initial symptoms have returned which makes me think i got reset back to 0 again luckly tho i have energy i couldnt even get out of bed my first month so thats good

anyways im thinking of going into rehab hopefully they would take me after 2 weeks just because the new environment will help me get over this initial hump cause im literally stuck inside my house atm not workig currently so makes things worse

or i thought about trying to get a few weeks worth of subs to help me feel somewhat better so i dont have to go into a rehab center and only use the subs like once every 2 days at most i tried them a few times in the past and i dot like them so i dnt think ill try to abuse them

what would be the best in this situation i prefer not to go to rehab and hope i can just takes some subs to help take the edge off and get some sleep

I know its hard but if i were you i'd wait it out if possible before going with a possible long-term decision such as suboxone. Id also avoid rehab for just a week of methadone abuse.

I'd go and get some kratom for some relief and then jump off that when you are ready. Kratom is pretty easy to kick. Buprenorphine is not.

I know its hard but if i were you i'd wait it out if possible before going with a possible long-term decision such as suboxone. Id also avoid rehab for just a week of methadone abuse.

I'd go and get some kratom for some relief and then jump off that when you are ready. Kratom is pretty easy to kick. Buprenorphine is not.

man idk i felt like it WAS rebound but after day 9 i started getting some of my physical symptoms again which faded away after my firs 3.5 months they came back and feels like everydays gettin a bit worse day 12 now but at least i have energy levels for instance i didnt even wana get in the shower my first month when came off but i can shower now no problem mentally i feel much worse tho for instance i started loving music again after got clean first time now have 0 interest to want to listen does nothing for me now

its so strange man idk what to do fact that the physical symptoms are back really kills my determination tbh

i just got my hands on some kratom today seems to help a bit and smoking little bit of weed unfortunately i have to go back to a doc to get them to refill my clonidine

i think whats really fucking with me hard also atm is atm not workingg and im completely alone on a dark house all day in winter not having any human contact and its messin with me i feel

and if i got the subs i would only try to take it for like few weeks not even everyday you think that would cause me to get addicted to it in that short time?

You can't take suboxone for a few weeks without getting a full blown addiction (especially if you have an addiction history).

Kratom is also addictive but much easier to quit than suboxone. Try 5g grams of red veined kratom (like red bali) 5x a day. Suboxone would be a big mistake in my opinion.

You can't take suboxone for a few weeks without getting a full blown addiction (especially if you have an addiction history).

Kratom is also addictive but much easier to quit than suboxone. Try 5g grams of red veined kratom (like red bali) 5x a day. Suboxone would be a big mistake in my opinion.
what if only for 1 week? idk i guess im trying to find any short cut i can in my initial withdrawal first month in july kratom didnt work luckly i had some oxy pills to help like 3 days a week to take the edge off for my first month iv only been addicted to anything but methadone so not sure if that helps with not getting addicted to other types opiates

kratom right now seems to be helping much better then when first did month back so hanging into this hoping i can get over this hump with just kratom took 7 capsules not sure how much it was i guess ill take it as needed

7 capsules might not be enough. They contain anywhere from 400mg to 600mg of kratom. 10 capsules might be closer depending on the kratom/quantity per mg.

You could try suboxone but I'll bet money you'll get hooked. At day 12 of methadone withdrawal after using methadone for only a week, suboxone seems like a risky idea (especially since you were able to quit methadone).

7 capsules might not be enough. They contain anywhere from 400mg to 600mg of kratom. 10 capsules might be closer depending on the kratom/quantity per mg.

You could try suboxone but I'll bet money you'll get hooked. At day 12 of methadone withdrawal after using methadone for only a week, suboxone seems like a risky idea (especially since you were able to quit methadone).
tbh the reason i even wanted to get off methadone was cause of how weak it made me and gained tons of weight and for my job i couldnt do it anymore after my first 6 months
does suboxone do the same thing? hate to say it but if suboxone honestly does just keep you normal maybe it might be in my best interest atm if it will give me decent quality of life im not a functioning addict

Suboxone won't make you as fat as methadone but it definitely can make you gain weight.

I've never been a big eater but on methadone my appetite was insane. Never has food tasted so good as it did on methadone, i kind of miss that effect (but it made me gain like 40 pounds, and ive always been lean).

Don't mess with suboxone if you dont like the drug dependency life. It is hard to get off.

Suboxone won't make you as fat as methadone but it definitely can make you gain weight.

I've never been a big eater but on methadone my appetite was insane. Never has food tasted so good as it did on methadone, i kind of miss that effect (but it made me gain like 40 pounds, and ive always been lean).

Don't mess with suboxone if you dont like the drug dependency life. It is hard to get off.

yeah i guess i wont fuk with it like 3.5 hours ago took some kratom and helped me started to wear off and redosed like 40 mins ago sadly it doesnt seem to be working like earlier not sure if should take more

I would take about 15-20 gr of good kratom on an empty stomach. Toss and wash the stuff. I can put a teaspoon amount in in my mouth a few times and get it down. Fill my mouth with water and swash and swallow. lol Then eat like a bagel with cream cheese. Something bready to absorb in the stomach. Capsules suck. Get a strain that works or a few and mix them. Green, red and white mix. I always need a good amount. But you sound kind of hardcore like me and just need balance. So with that a small kratom habit is easier to maintain. Or short term taper if you are really motivated. The thing with kratom is when stopping the lethargy and sneezing hit hard. Not really dope sick though so easier. It also balances out and resolves quicker too. I never had suboxone not even once so I can't comment.

The body has to heal. It is at any point healing or getting sicker. So there has to be some discomfort until the body balances The whole opiate addiction-withdrawal is much simpler and quicker than say benzo or antidepressant withdrawal so really the name of the game is just hanging on. It is linear. I came off methadone twice years ago when kratom was unknown. It always took me about a month to start sleeping more than 3 hours a night. Six weeks to feel ok and about normal again. That was when I was young though. I'd be dead now trying to kick methadone. lol

I know staying inside can get old. Some people are stuck home with kids and home schooling. I will take the aloneness over that. lol I think everyone is feeling the times. But finding something to focus on helps. Good luck man. Better days ahead.

Last edited:
I would take about 15-20 gr of good kratom on an empty stomach. Toss and wash the stuff. I can put a teaspoon amount in in my mouth a few times and get it down. Fill my mouth with water and swash and swallow. lol Then eat like a bagel with cream cheese. Something bready to absorb in the stomach. Capsules suck. Get a strain that works or a few and mix them. Green, red and white mix. I always need a good amount. But you sound kind of hardcore like me and just need balance. So with that a small kratom habit is easier to maintain. Or short term taper if you are really motivated. The thing with kratom is when stopping the lethargy and sneezing hit hard. Not really dope sick though so easier. It also balances out and resolves quicker too. I never had suboxone not even once so I can't comment.

The body has to heal. It is at any point healing or getting sicker. So there has to be some discomfort until the body balances The whole opiate addiction-withdrawal is much simpler and quicker than say benzo or antidepressant withdrawal so really the name of the game is just hanging on. It is linear. I came off methadone twice years ago when kratom was unknown. It always took me about a month to start sleeping more than 3 hours a night. Six weeks to feel ok and about normal again. That was when I was young though. I'd be dead now trying to kick methadone. lol

I know staying inside can get old. Some people are stuck home with kids and home schooling. I will take the aloneness over that. lol I think everyone is feeling the times. But finding something to focus on helps. Good luck man. Better days ahead.

i appreciate all the replies i decided to go into a rehab center i feel theirs more than the acute going on and prob need some help there too and some new scenery should clear my head i was just offered some methadone to get me relaxed through the night and try to start rehab tomorrow flying down to florida but i turned it down knowing will just set me back another 2 weeks
i just really hope in 30 days ill be better mentally

i appreciate all the replies i decided to go into a rehab center i feel theirs more than the acute going on and prob need some help there too and some new scenery should clear my head i was just offered some methadone to get me relaxed through the night and try to start rehab tomorrow flying down to florida but i turned it down knowing will just set me back another 2 weeks
i just really hope in 30 days ill be better mentally

Good luck, we hope it all works out for you.

Acute methadone withdrawal is over in around 21 days so you should be pretty good 30 days from now.

Good luck, we hope it all works out for you.

Acute methadone withdrawal is over in around 21 days so you should be pretty good 30 days from now.
man to me it lasted a good 3.5 months but i did ct off 195 when i relapsed was only doing like 30-50 so hopefully that will make it better and i can leave in a month

im hoping to only stay 1 month but it goes up to 3 months and monday im have 15 days already. im kinda afraid tho fact been 2 weeks if it somehow doesnt show up in my system if they wont give me any comfort meds ect

I agree with negrgesic. It should be over fairly soon. I was once in a similar position with morphine. Some people say you'll experience the same withdrawal again from the start but that's absolutely not how it was for me.
I'd avoid rehab in general if the aim is merely to kick off a substance.

EDIT:

Btw: It really bugs me that everyone here seems to believe they need methadone and subutex to control their "severe" WD after 3 weeks of opioid use. My advice: just stop. You'll feel uncomfortable, a little sick, for a few days. That's all. It takes a long history of opioid use to really experience severe WD.

Last edited:
I agree with negrgesic. It should be over fairly soon. I was once in a similar position with morphine. Some people say you'll experience the same withdrawal again from the start but that's absolutely not how it was for me.
I'd avoid rehab in general if the aim is merely to kick off a substance.

EDIT:

Btw: It really bugs me that everyone here seems to believe they need methadone and subutex to control their "severe" WD after 3 weeks of opioid use. My advice: just stop. You'll feel uncomfortable, a little sick, for a few days. That's all. It takes a long history of opioid use to really experience severe WD.
well i feel like its getting worse tbh each day day 13 now im really hoping to god when i get out in a month 6 weeks that mentally ill be a lot better

the physical withdrawals i can deal with like minor stomach cramps ect but the anxiety driving me nuts and lack of proper sleep