• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Subs didn't work :(

Well...I wrote my last entry earlier before my subs kicked in today. Wow. Not going to lie, they're making me feel kinda high today. I feel great. It's almost freaking me out a bit..Thinking I may try and drop it back down to 12mg here soon, because 16mg is STRONG now that my body has gotten all the h out of my system.

THANKS!

I'm really glad I have a place to rant and ramble about this process.

Well...I wrote my last entry earlier before my subs kicked in today. Wow. Not going to lie, they're making me feel kinda high today. I feel great. It's almost freaking me out a bit..Thinking I may try and drop it back down to 12mg here soon, because 16mg is STRONG now that my body has gotten all the h out of my system.

That happened to me last week on 1 mg!!! It really is remarkable how well it works. I didn't like it, though, as I felt that I was taking steps backward by feeling the sub so strongly. The next day I dropped to .5 and well, I am uncomfortable and feeling WD. Oh well.

Yeah, I feel kinda the same way. I still feel great...but weird. And I'm also incredibly emotional today. Missing my ex big time and thinking about that a lot. Trying to get some work done, but keep finding myself in this negative thought pattern.

Sounds like the subs are in full effect. My guess is that it will take some time to readjust to your emotions since they were suppressed for a while. Overall it sounds like you're doing good though.

I've tried methadone and subs, it always annoyed me how awful you feel the first week on subs. Much easier to come off of though.

These days methadone is all I'll try but subs "technically" have a higher success rate, right?

Bupe WD was hell for me. Transitioning onto bupe was way, way easier for me.

Glad to hear you're feeling it. Yes, it indeed is a strong drug. Don't feel afraid to taper lower if you're feeling OK.

Feeling a bit better off 12 mg. Only real symptom seems to be my inability to get to the right body temp...cold then hot then back to cold again. No body pain of stomach issues though, so thats a plus.

I never had trouble regulating my temperature during a lifetime of heroin, opiate pain pills, methadone, etc., nor at a high dose of Sub, but once my dose tapered down from 8 mg to my current .25 mg every other day, it hit me hard. I had always thought it was a symptom of my liver disease (cirrhosis) and never thought about it being related to opiate use. Hmmm...I'll have to give it some thought.

8 days on only subs...10 days since induction. Feeling great and getting my life back in order :)

ladyh, I'm glad you stuck with it. Bupe is a great tool to help get your life back together. Forgive my ignorance if you've already mentioned this but have you talked to your doc about how long you're going to stay on? Obviously you don't have to do it today or tomorrow, as getting your life together is most important, but definitely something worth thinking about. As CH mentioned, bupe WD can be pretty bad if not tapered properly.

Anyway, glad everything is going good for you!

The outpatient program I'm in is fairly long. They're talking around a year before they'll start tapering. They want to make sure I'm completely clean for a good chunk of time (besides the subs) and that my life is in a good place when I decide to stop the subs all together. I would like to do it sooner, but they're all about the long term approach because, according to the treatment center, long term is what works. I'm currently seeing a therapist at the clinic once a week and participating in group therapy once a week as well. We may dial back my mg to 12 over the next month or so, but 16mg is working perfectly for me at the moment. I'm not feeling high per-say, but the subs are definitely giving me some of that motivation and general good well-being feeling that I always loved about opiates. I met a friend for dinner last night and he says it's not the subs, that I'm high on life again...but..I think it may be the subs. I'm sleeping well and looking a lot better too. A lot of people have commented that I look like a whole new person these days. I'm still taking it one day at a time and staying focused on my path.

11 days since sub induction...9 days completely dope free. I'm doing this :D!!

Everyone is different so do what is right for you. Bupe allows you to change your habits and mindset in a positive way. Life is hard and it's difficult to cope when we're so used to numbing our feelings with our DOC. In regards to your "good well-being" is because bupe is a partial agonist so it's still filling some of those receptors which can make you feel "better". But another reason is that you are 9 days dope free and that is freaking awesome.

Quitting 0.25 mg of bupe after tapering for 6 months was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I compare it to kicking methadone just slightly milder and lasts longer. Anyone getting on buprenorphine should know the reality. As far as I know those who stay on it have a higher likelihood of staying off other opiates. The percentage of my friends who got on suboxone and then tapered off was really low. Like 1 in 12 was able to successfully taper off. These are important factors to think about during your first few months on this extremely strong narcotic.

Quitting 0.25 mg of bupe after tapering for 6 months was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I compare it to kicking methadone just slightly milder and lasts longer. Anyone getting on buprenorphine should know the reality. As far as I know those who stay on it have a higher likelihood of staying off other opiates. The percentage of my friends who got on suboxone and then tapered off was really low. Like 1 in 12 was able to successfully taper off. These are important factors to think about during your first few months on this extremely strong narcotic.

This is what scares me, Prescottdave! I've been on Subs only 15 days, starting at 4 mg and tapering down to .5 – I wanted to skip today's dose but failed. UGH. If I cut ties with sub in another week, how bad of it am I in for? Will I be driven back to my DOC or kratom?

It gets better I've had a gram a day habit iv..I'm on day 10 8mgs sub nothing else everyday I'm starting feel like myself slow and steady wins this race..at this point I feel like I lost a loved one but I can't go back that...be strong;

Yeah, I'm to day 11 (with nothing but subs) and still at 16mg but have been feeling myself again for about the past week or so, now. It took about 4-5 days, but my body eventually adjusted to the subs and I'm doing great now. We're gonna try and bring it down to 8 slowly and maintain that for some time here in the next couple of months. PAWS is always where I fail so I'm staying on the subs for a decent amount of time. I know withdrawal will eventually be shitty, but the goal is for me to not have to do that until I'm in a better place in life.

Yea I hear ya..like you I'm like a lil baby when the moment I start to feel shitty..I start to panic and I want instant relief but its day 11 and I worked hard just to get to today..hang in there ladyh...

I went on subs via methadone detox and a two day wait. They started me w 4 and I was good (3-4 bun a day habit previously..for 4 years straight). Recently after tapering down to 8mg from 16mg (stopped heroin 20 months ago), I fucked up and used. I used 3 times over a period of 3 days. I decided to catch this early and go back to subs (a drug is a drug but at least subs I can live a normal life). I waited about 18 hours from my last shot of dope and took 2mg of sub. WD wise I was in diahrrea mode, runny nose, dilated pupils w the hot/colds etc. was tolerable but unpleasant (I.e. I could have and SHOULD have waited longer) . 24 hours is ideal they say. Within 20 min of my sub dose I went into straight precipitated withdrawal and wanted to pull my eyeballs out and skin myself. Tried copping more D but no luck with such. Somehow after about an hour and change, it became tolerable again. No RLS or flip flopping in bed just felt crappy (a blessing over straight precip WD). Took another 2mg about 2 hours later and started to feel better, still weird but I'll take weird over that shit. Point is , you'll be okay. It's the worst but i promise it's temporary probably shorter than you think! Getting off SUBS..now that's a whole other beast but supposedly it can be done right , ain't been there yet so can't share on it. Good luck to anyone struggling with this shit, hall are some tough motherfuckers whether you see it or not and can do so much good once overcoming this. Tough it out, god willing you won't regret it. Easier said than done bc if my dealer picked up I would have used.