• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Subs didn't work :(

Good for you. I'm from 70s so music sounds so much better now, lol. Keeping busy helps, I had few slips and guilt I put myself through sucks. I know that feeling about placing that phone call, I did it too many times. The amount you are one will block but it takes awhile for cravings to ease up, even when physical cravings ease, it's mental that gets me. Life is hard but you are def moving in right direction, your thread is great keep posting!

It sounds like things are looking up.

A piece of advice. Start taking miralax because sub will really back your digestive system up way more then dope.

Things are getting harder as the day progresses...but I've made it to almost the end of my work day without caving so that's an improvement over other days. I just need to remind myself that once I get home, I can take a nice hot bath and wrap up in the covers for a bit. Not feeling like getting out and being very social tonight. But, like I said, gotta make it through without giving in or I'll just have to restart this shit every single day. My main problem is temperature control...I hate being cold but I can't seem to warm up. Anything otc or herbal anyone would recommend?

It gets better. Breaking the get off work so I get high thing was difficult for me. I actually had to change jobs to break the phychological association.

Things are getting harder as the day progresses...but I've made it to almost the end of my work day without caving so that's an improvement over other days. I just need to remind myself that once I get home, I can take a nice hot bath and wrap up in the covers for a bit. Not feeling like getting out and being very social tonight. But, like I said, gotta make it through without giving in or I'll just have to restart this shit every single day. My main problem is temperature control...I hate being cold but I can't seem to warm up. Anything otc or herbal anyone would recommend?

Once you get stabilized on whatever dose works for you--it took 16 mg for me, although I was able to drop back to 8 within a couple of months--you probably aren't going to get any reaction from dope. The first week or so, while they're experimenting with dosage, is pretty miserable. Once your dose is stable, you feel normal pretty much, or at least I did. Of course, I wasn't after feeling "normal," I wanted a buzz, or part of me did while part of me wanted to be clean. It was pretty agonizing for a while. I can no longer regulate my body temperature, especially in withdrawals, but ever since I got cirrhosis I haven't been able to no matter what. I usually wrap myself up in blankets, sometimes with a winter parka on, too. Try some nice warm herbal tea maybe... Hopefully you're still able to sleep OK. If so, sleep as much as you can. Sending good vibes...

In my expierence AT LEAST 8mg was necassary to overcome the worst of the symptoms. I was snorting anywhere from 4 bags to a jab a day. The initial breakthrough dose is usually the highest of your entire regiment. Almost everyone I know was given at least 8mg. ( sometimes 4mg and then 4mg more shortly thereafter) I have also been in your situation in terms of dosing heroin after a 4mg suboxone did not do the trick. I had 4mg on hand but ended up buying dope once I couldent take the symptoms any longer. From what I understand, the heroin will pull you out of withdrawal, but because your receptors are still occupied by the subs you will not get high. Did you feel worse after taking the suboxone? If so then you must consider that you may have dosed the suboxobe to early and you put yourself into precipitated withdrawal. I highly recommend waiting at least 24 hours, preferably 36. When you took the initial 4mg were you to the point that your couldent take it any longer? Ideally thats where you want to be. Did your doc perform the cows scale. He should have before administering the first dose. Cows stands for Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale and is a great tool for pinpointing the severity of your withdrawal. Good luck my friend, once you get your dose tuned in you will be amazed at how well suboxone works

Route of Administration. Put simply, the means by which a drug is taken. For example, smoking, snorting, injecting, PO ( by mouth) sublingual (under tongue) etc...

16mgs today. Yesterday was rough but I made it through without caving. I slept terribly and im pretty exhausted today but hoping it goes well with the upping of my dosage

In my expierence AT LEAST 8mg was necassary to overcome the worst of the symptoms. I was snorting anywhere from 4 bags to a jab a day. The initial breakthrough dose is usually the highest of your entire regiment. Almost everyone I know was given at least 8mg. ( sometimes 4mg and then 4mg more shortly thereafter) I have also been in your situation in terms of dosing heroin after a 4mg suboxone did not do the trick. I had 4mg on hand but ended up buying dope once I couldent take the symptoms any longer. From what I understand, the heroin will pull you out of withdrawal, but because your receptors are still occupied by the subs you will not get high. Did you feel worse after taking the suboxone? If so then you must consider that you may have dosed the suboxobe to early and you put yourself into precipitated withdrawal. I highly recommend waiting at least 24 hours, preferably 36. When you took the initial 4mg were you to the point that your couldent take it any longer? Ideally thats where you want to be. Did your doc perform the cows scale. He should have before administering the first dose. Cows stands for Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale and is a great tool for pinpointing the severity of your withdrawal. Good luck my friend, once you get your dose tuned in you will be amazed at how well suboxone works

I'm not sure it was precipitated withdrawal. The symptoms didn't get worse all at once or anything suddenly...just kept feeling as shitty as I would without taking the sub.

I'm also wondering if I'm just expecting too much from the subs. I hadn't cold turkeyed off anything for a year or so and back then my tolerance was much much lower So the shitty feeling I have may be nothing compared to how id be feeling without the subs.

Alright, at work on 16mg today after not doing dope almost 2 days. Kinda foggy but feeling much better. I'm starting to get to the other side of this.

Your doing really good. This shit is hard to kick. Be proud of yourself

Stick with it and keep checking in ladyh. I promise a few days into the subs and you will be feeling much better.

Still having major body temperature issues, freezing in the office today. And still not very hungry (only had 3 ensures yesterday) but can't say I'm in pain or incredibly uncomfortable. Still not totally there but I'm already to far in this to quit now. I just keep reminding myself that I will continue to have to go through this if I don't stop and it's keeping me going. I told my ex boyfriend yesterday that the thought "tomorrow will be much better than today", even if I'm still feeling shitty the next day. Keeps me going literally day by day. I'm gonna try and stop at 16mg (not dose up anymore) and just let my body adjust. It's almost there, I can taste it. This is definitely the most motivated I've been to quit ever and I think I can really do it this time. Just gotta keep going day by day and realize it won't be like this forever and this process is necessary for my happiness and success in the future. There's nothing good about the direction I will go if I keep using heroin or other opiates. I'm already close to losing everything but if I keep on the straight and narrow I can save myself from hitting true rock bottom (jobless, homeless, etc) and possibly save the things I've lost already (my most recent relationship). My ex is incredibly supportive of me in this. We broke up over a week ago but talk a lot daily about my progress. I don't think I've completely lost him yet but I have to focus on myself and make changes to better my future before I can tackle that part of my life. May try starting some exercise up after work today, at least get my dog a good walking in (he's been a little neglected this week while I've been adjusting to all this). I know I gotta keep active to speed the recovery along and help the depression that follows acute WD. Thanks for all the support guys!

Well halfway through the workday and I've been trucking along. I feel like the work day is the hardest to make it through while still in minor wd and adjusting to the subs. Once I'm out, I can blast my heat and curl up in a blanket and be relatively comfortable. Been using some unisom and a little bit of weed to help me sleep. I was a big pothead in my younger years (and it was pretty much the only drug I used forever) but I hadn't really been smoking much this past year while on opiates. Its kind of a nice change of pace. Reminds me of simpler times as a much younger girl. Though, in my program, I'm not going to get to progress at all if I test positive for THC so my days smoking are limited. I'm probably gonna stop after this weekend and hope my body is back to normalish by that point. Actually ate some solid food at lunch today which is a hell of an improvement from yesterday, and its helping me feel a bit better...not so weak and run down. I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be the magic day as far as me feeling fairly normal and getting completely adjusted to the subs. If not, maybe it'll be Sunday. Either way, it's going to happen soon and if I use it'll just keep pushing that day further and further away from me.

Alright, boys and girls. I have made it to the last 15 minutes of my work day. NO TRIPS TO BUY H TODAY OR YESTERDAY and no plans to ever again. My boss is out of town too so I could've left and come back very easily without being noticed, but I HAVE REMAINED STRONG. I've already been through enough hell these past 3 days to have to restart this shit again for some temporary relief. Ran to the store and got some gatorades, ensures, candy bars, and a little food to stock up on for tonight at home. I think it'll be another early night in, I'm still feeling extremely run down and without energy. I'm hoping another day of 16 mg on the subs tomorrow will make a big improvement. It has to happen, I'm about to be slanging drinks to like 20,000 people nonstop tomorrow and Sunday. Every day it's just a little better, and I'll take that for now. I understand I've been doing a lot of opes over the past 3 years, this past 8 months especially. It's gonna take time to get back to normal. I can't wait till my motivation to be at least a little bit social returns, I always feel a lot better when I'm busy with friends. Will update tomorrow. Thanks again guys

That's great. Sounds like your'e doing better than the day before. Motivation/energy usually returns to me around the 4-5 day mark so it should be soon.

Congrats on not buying even though you easily could have, that is a big moment.

How has sleep been at this point? Has the suboxone allowed you to get at least a few hours a night? You said its been a while since yoy have dealt with withdrawal so its hard to gage the severity with the suboxone. I can tell you one thing, if your sleeping for even 2-5 hours a night, you are in good shape. I know everyone is differant but for me the insomnia i hands down the worst symptom. I find nothing worse than being rundown physically/mentally/emotionally and being unable to sleep. I hope you are well. Congrats on making the always challenging first steps towards sobriety.

Well kids.

I am at day 5 only on subs only and starting to feel myself again. Turns out I was only needed Saturday at the festival..which was good bc just one day took it out of me. Feeling physically back to normal for the most part..got a little bit of fogginess that I'm not sure I should attribute to the high dose of subs (16mg) or just to my brain in it's healing process. Slept last night the whole night without any sleep aids...which is progress. I'm dealing with some minor depression and a lack of enthusiasm but that's to be expected I suppose. Otherwise doing well and still on a mission to stay clean!