• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone can ruin your life

I will say Suboxone did help me, made me able to stop spending massive amounts of money and withdrawaling all the time from oxy 80's years ago. I will also say I wish the Dr's were more focused on just prescribing it short term and weaning off quickly. The Drs I went to seemed to want me on it forever, more scripts they wrote the better for them. I finally had enough and tapered myself off, but I was deeply motivated to.

Suboxone hasn't ruined my life.

Not being able to access legal diacetylmorphine & equally potent full agonists is what's "ruined" my life.
Exactly my dude. "There is a time for everything " and quitting full agonist Opiates (or , even better ,in my case Speedballing ) for any other reason other than it being the "right " time = "Ruined life " . You can´t just circumvent that .

Yes, but if you're using opiates to get high or to treat 'depression', then you're a junkie. Sorry if I was unclear!
All new "groundbreaking" medication for Treatment Resistant Depression is based on opiates. MDMA, Ketamine, M. Mushrooms... I am talking about legal and very expensive treatments.

All new "groundbreaking" medication for Treatment Resistant Depression is based on opiates. MDMA, Ketamine, M. Mushrooms... I am talking about legal and very expensive treatments.

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean that all (relatively untested, generally redundant) medication for depression is based upon opiates, in the same way that all of the wonderful chemicals that the Sackler family got us hooked on were based upon opiates, in the same way that all of the wonderful chemicals that some of us love so much that are coming in from Mexico are based upon opiates (and/or methamphetamine) in the same way that all of the dope that doctor's used to get rich Victorian women hooked on was based upon opiates?

You're probably right. Hey listen, if you can take care of the compliance paperwork for me and get me a room full of impressionable/moody (and therefore normal) teenagers, you and I can legally make a fortune. We'll convince the kids that they are 'depressed' and that something is wrong with them. Next we can just give them some form of legal dope and then PRESTO! They are customers for life. But don't worry if they don't start off depressed in our program they soon will be.

Sorry if I sound sarcastic. I'm 80% joking.

My humble opinion, based upon nothing at all (I don't actually know that many dope fiends, to be super honest) is that like a good 20% - 30% of people using opiates are deliberately trying to ruin their life (example: people on the punk rock music scene). Meanwhile a good 15% to 45% (I don't really know) of dope fiends are dealing with some kind of trauma so bad (remember, that there are people on Bluelight who had the good fortune to get raped by BOTH of their parents growing up) that I myself would feel bad not hooking them up...and like out of the remainder I'd have to guess that it's maybe an even split between people from the party scene that took a wrong turn and people that (yes, I'm not kidding) actually had a minor surgery or something and the doctor prescribed the wrong thing. Now hooked for life.

I can't imagine that you'd imagine that my opinion on all of this would be worthwhile, given that I have already admitted that I know practically nothing about dope. But here you have it. The only two drugs that I would actually, actually ban have one thing in common:

meth
dope

...that when you hang out with old drug heads, none of their meth or dope stories involve anything fun. At all. I wouldn't even ban coke or LSD (although I loathe acid) because actually MOST people's acid/coke/alcohol stories involve mostly fun stuff most of the time. Really I don't like any of those drugs. I'm a weed/molly/caffeine guy.

Sorry if this sounds like an angry post. I only make angry posts in the anti-war threads. I can laugh about all of this if you can laugh about all of this. ...won't any long term dope heads pop in to point out to the new kids that...yes, dope (or let's be truthful, problems associated with dope) have screwed up their life?

Thank you for your response.

Do you mean that all (relatively untested, generally redundant) medication for depression is based upon opiates, in the same way that all of the wonderful chemicals that the Sackler family got us hooked on were based upon opiates, in the same way that all of the wonderful chemicals that some of us love so much that are coming in from Mexico are based upon opiates (and/or methamphetamine) in the same way that all of the dope that doctor's used to get rich Victorian women hooked on was based upon opiates?

You're probably right. Hey listen, if you can take care of the compliance paperwork for me and get me a room full of impressionable/moody (and therefore normal) teenagers, you and I can legally make a fortune. We'll convince the kids that they are 'depressed' and that something is wrong with them. Next we can just give them some form of legal dope and then PRESTO! They are customers for life. But don't worry if they don't start off depressed in our program they soon will be.

Sorry if I sound sarcastic. I'm 80% joking.

My humble opinion, based upon nothing at all (I don't actually know that many dope fiends, to be super honest) is that like a good 20% - 30% of people using opiates are deliberately trying to ruin their life (example: people on the punk rock music scene). Meanwhile a good 15% to 45% (I don't really know) of dope fiends are dealing with some kind of trauma so bad (remember, that there are people on Bluelight who had the good fortune to get raped by BOTH of their parents growing up) that I myself would feel bad not hooking them up...and like out of the remainder I'd have to guess that it's maybe an even split between people from the party scene that took a wrong turn and people that (yes, I'm not kidding) actually had a minor surgery or something and the doctor prescribed the wrong thing. Now hooked for life.

I can't imagine that you'd imagine that my opinion on all of this would be worthwhile, given that I have already admitted that I know practically nothing about dope. But here you have it. The only two drugs that I would actually, actually ban have one thing in common:

meth
dope

...that when you hang out with old drug heads, none of their meth or dope stories involve anything fun. At all. I wouldn't even ban coke or LSD (although I loathe acid) because actually MOST people's acid/coke/alcohol stories involve mostly fun stuff most of the time. Really I don't like any of those drugs. I'm a weed/molly/caffeine guy.

Sorry if this sounds like an angry post. I only make angry posts in the anti-war threads. I can laugh about all of this if you can laugh about all of this. ...won't any long term dope heads pop in to point out to the new kids that...yes, dope (or let's be truthful, problems associated with dope) have screwed up their life?
Interesting, informative, funny and everything make sense. I am speechless. Well done. By the way I am one of those people with real PTSD. I am a war veteran.

Last edited:
All of my memories of heroin & pain pills over shadow most of my other drug experiences. In a positive way.

In fact, some of my fondest memories were walking around in the sunshine, headphones on, while high on tramadol or heroin all through out my 20's.

Heroin & opioids absolutely have antidepressant properties.

"Historically, MOR agonists have also been applied in the treatment of mood disorders, notably including major depressive disorder (MDD). Indeed, until the mid-20th century, low doses of opium itself were used to treat depression, and the so called “opium cure” was purportedly quite effective.9 With the advent of tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) in the 1950s however, the psychiatric use of opioids rapidly fell out of favor and has been largely dormant since, likely due to negative medical and societal perceptions stemming from their abuse potential. However, there have been scattered clinical reports (both case studies and small controlled trials) since the 1970s indicating the effectiveness of MOR agonists in treating depression. The endogenous opioid peptide β-endorphin, as well as a number of small molecules, have all been reported to rapidly and robustly improve the symptoms of MDD and/or anxiety disorders in the clinical setting, even in treatment resistant patients.10–17 These results have been recapitulated in rodent models, where a variety of MOR agonists show antidepressant effects.18–21 "

Keeping depressed people from accessing things that help them, ruins lives. I would have a much better quality of life if I could still use drugs that treat my depression, make me feel content & help me feel energized, I'd be a lot happier.

Which btw, SSRIs cause dependence as well. And most are no more effective than placebo. So it's okay to be dependent on a shitty SSRI but dependence on an opioid is... wrong? Give me a break.

Drugs like meth & alcohol are the drugs you wanna go to if you're looking to "ruin your life".

This isn't about capitalistic corporate companies marketing heroin to depressed teens either. There's a myriad of ways to legalize opioids for depression, FOR ADULTS.

Oh look, 15 years of daily heroin use resulted in zero negative health complications -
"No serious heroin-related medical complication occurred during the 15-year window of observation among inmates with heroin-assisted treatment. Their work performance was comparable to that of the reference group."

I was actually just in the ER last night for premature ventricular contractions (PVCs/palpitations) that I've been getting for a week straight. Most likely caused by completely legal substances, such as caffeine, tobacco, plus uncontrolled stress & anxiety. Does this make caffeine evil?