• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread v. 19

Thanks for the reply.

I would be taking it Sublingually if i do decide to go for that option.

Bacteriostatic water might be a better option, as its not so thick and gloopy and the crushed pill would probably dissolve much more easily and evenly?

Any idea how long bacteriostatic water keeps for?

Hey BBT, I know this is not on your topic but I also know that you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this area of Suboxone so I have a question for you. Aside from how do I start a new comment.. LOL. My question is can you put a sub strip in clean urine and have it pass for a drug screen ?? Obviously you know where I'm going with this.. I'm a pretty heavy pot smoker and like my occasional benzos and have to have only Suboxone in my system with my doctor's office.. So I am kind of up against a wall because I don't have 30 days to be able to clean out the marijuana, nor do I want to, lol. Once again I apologize for it being off-topic your post but I cannot figure out how to start a new message.. LOL so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks babe

I'm trying to figure out if you can put a strip in clean urine and have it show up/ pass UDA?? ANYONE know the answer to this one??

According to this article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3385042/ ethanolic solution of buprenorphine is stable for at least 30 days. I'm wondering what they mean by "ethanolic solution" though. But I'm sure you could store buprenorphine for 30 days in bacteriostatic water with very little loss as long as pH is neutral or mildly acidic as theirs.

Edit: I'm not sure if buprenorphine would be destroyed by mildly basic pH, so I've edited the post, but I'm going to look for some reference.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is allowed (new here) but I'm in a very tight spot, I've been taking 3-5mg of suboxone for the past two years, and I'm completely mortified of the withdrawal, i can't get my script refilled for at least 5 days, I live in the western suburbs of Chicago, and I dont want to go get high on dope, it even seems like the easiest option at this point, I've been in withdrawl for 3 days and my body is going insane.. Can anyone help me? I'm very scared of what might ensue if I give in to this.

Hi mass, you might be able to ride this out IF its truly 5 days until refill time. You've been taking moderate-high doses for two years straight. That means you always have bupe in your blood, your receptors are constantly saturated, AND there's bupe sitting around waiting to bind. Don't forget, the average elimination half-life is +/-36 hours so even though you haven't dosed today doesn't mean you're not dosed up.

See if you can ride this out is my advice. You might resort to doing something that will set you back big time/something you might regret.

If I was in your situation, I would use cannabis, gabapentin, clonidine and a benzo (to guarantee sleep) to get you through until you can get your refill.

PS - Is it impossible to get your script ready early? I don't know much about Rx stuff. Maybe call the doc's office Monday morning and be like "Yeah, it would really save my life if I could get my script filled a day or two sooner." It NEVER hurts to ask.

Good luck brosky I wish you the least pain and best possible outcome to your sitch!

Thanks for the reply, I've taken about 1800mg of gabapentin, and its definitely helping, and as for calling the doc, it wont work because the pharmacy has a stick up their butt, and I'm sure he'd call them if I asked him to, but I am feeling a bit better, hopefully I can get some pot tomorrow. And I'm not a broski, I'm a bro- nette, lmao.

According to this article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3385042/ ethanolic solution of buprenorphine is stable for at least 30 days. I'm wondering what they mean by "ethanolic solution" though. But I'm sure you could store buprenorphine for 30 days in bacteriostatic water with very little loss as long as pH is neutral or mildly acidic as theirs.

Edit: I'm not sure if buprenorphine would be destroyed by mildly basic pH, so I've edited the post, but I'm going to look for some reference.
I think ethanolic solution may refer to a solution of ethyl alcohol? Possibly.. Not entirely sure though, but that would mean you'd hade to let that evaporate before you can use it.

Edit: Found link on yahoo

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071104004159AARK2Rs

Is BBT a girl?

Rtp
lol, BBT is not a girl. what made you think that?

I'm on 6MG bupe myself now, too. you think its better 4MGAM and 2MGPM? I usually take 6MG in the AM and all seems to go well; I usually take a Xanax at bed time but too bad it doesnt knock me out anymore.. those were the good days.

anyway, thinking of dropping to 4MG pretty soon; seems easy. I came from 16 to this 6MG shit within the last 3 weeks, not even.

^Staying away from the codiene didnt wrk huh?

Better you're on bupe than chemist/dr shopping. It's enough to keep u stable & control cravings. It's also been great for my chronic pain, - generally I split the doses as I'm on a massive amount & even though in my mind I know my receptors are saturated, for pain it lasts around six hrs.

So, ur weaning down now?

Rtp

does anyone else find after being on bupe for a long time they have to split up their dose to keep from going into withdrawals early? my doctor insists that tolerance to buprenorphrine does not build like it does to other opiates but I know after 2+ years of this my tolerance is getting higher and higher because I go into withdrawals more and more quickly as time passes. I currently take 8.6mg zubsolv and split the pill into quarters and take 1/4 every 2-4 hours generally starting at 8-9am and ending at 8-9pm. I can go that overnight 12hrs in between doses if I've had them split up over the day but I can barely even make it that long before starting to feel the sickness if I take the full dose all at once. I used to be able to go almost 3 days when I first started out on it. what gives?

I think it's more of a psychological issue than a real issue of physical withdrawals, either that, or it's how you psychologically percieve the physical withdrawals, or the psychoactive effect of the buprenorphine, if you know what I mean. I had the same issue. The first few times I was on Buprenorphine, I could easily skip my dose for 3 days, NP, because as soon as it stopped giving me a little buzz, I didn't care to take it anymore, and knew that after three days, I would feel it again. However, something changed after a few years, and I found the buprenorphine to me more psychologically reinforcing, along with the fact that I now suffered much more severe withdrawal symptoms after years of using opiates. The two excacerbate each other.

I think it's more of a psychological issue than a real issue of physical withdrawals, either that, or it's how you psychologically percieve the physical withdrawals, or the psychoactive effect of the buprenorphine, if you know what I mean. I had the same issue. The first few times I was on Buprenorphine, I could easily skip my dose for 3 days, NP, because as soon as it stopped giving me a little buzz, I didn't care to take it anymore, and knew that after three days, I would feel it again. However, something changed after a few years, and I found the buprenorphine to me more psychologically reinforcing, along with the fact that I now suffered much more severe withdrawal symptoms after years of using opiates. The two excacerbate each other.

oh wow you could skip your doses and feel it again? I'm envious, I didn't even know that was a thing, I've never been able to do that. I only got a little buzz the very first time I took it and I might have felt in a noticeably better mood the second time (but no buzz to speak of), after that nothing even after skipping plenty of days.
I don't know that it's a completely psychological thing, often being in withdrawal takes me by surprise -- like for example I will wake up sick as shit super early in the morning and be so confused like "what the fuck is going on? have I missed my subs? I never forget about them. I thought I took them. how is this happening?" only to hours later remember that I thought I was going to be at work longer than I was yesterday, so I split the pill into 2 doses instead of 4 but ended up being home early and took the second half early in the afternoon. or after a 5am-5pm special event w/ my work, I took a full dose at 430am since I knew I was going to be gone all day and I'm spending the last couple hours of the event wondering why I feel shitty/akathisia-ish but I'm too ridiculously busy to think about, as soon as I get in the car and have a few minutes to sit and chill I realize I feel shitty because I'm well into withdrawal by now ...and that time I really thought the dose would cover me, that was when I was just starting to really figure out how fast it wore off.
I definitely do find the bupe really "psychologically reinforcing" as well now though, while I didn't for the first year or so of being on it. hm.

Cool we finally got a new thread come on people lets get some questions in here:)
Swim shot a 1/4 of a subligual suboxone for the first time and has a drug test in 3 days will it show up (the test includes bup)

Zaytef, depends on what dose the strip was, if it was an 8mg strip you cut a piece off of it very well may show up. Sub takes about plus or minus 36hrs to split to half its value, but depending on the size of the dose, it could take drastically longer or shorter. I've been to the doctor 2 days after taking 3mg and it still was there.

It also depends on how many days in a row you took subs, and if it was enough to build up in your bloodstream.

Swim shot a 1/4 of a subligual suboxone for the first time and has a drug test in 3 days will it show up (the test includes bup)
probably if 8MG strip. should be in system 3/4 days; even at a low dosage like that.

you sure they test for bupe? its not a 5 panel I take it.