• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was chewing up approx 200mg oxycontin 2 or 3 times a day and at my worst. That was the last 6 weeks. prior to that 80mg twice a day was enough to give me a good buzz.

Now I have gone on bupe and they started me (in wd) at 8mg which did very little. Next day they bumped me to 12 (kinda held, but had wd and the runs by 3pm after dosing at 7:30am) and today up to 16.

Now my problem is, I get a lot of saliva in my mouth as the tablets dissolve under my tongue and I near fucken drown drying not to swallow. So I do my best to hold the crushed up 2x8mg (they crush them at the dosing clinic) under my tongue but again i get saliva, which i am tempted to swallow.

My question - once the bupe has dissolved, but mixed with my saliva and i swallow it, it's being taken orally right? SO it won't work? But today I did my best to just let it dissolve under my lounge and not get too much saliva and i thin that worked. my legs ache like shit, buy=t i have ha d a bunch of valium to chill me out.

What sort sort dose should i need on bupe (only once a day at this clinic as far as I know) to get down from upward of 600mg oxy per day?

here in Australia it would be impossible to get upward of 600mg of oxy!!! Dont know if we should consider us lucky or unlucky. They'd put you on fent anyl patches...how did u ever get up to that high a tolerance?

Hey all... been away for a while, but nice to see my most recent posts got some attention - mainly @ 'What was it?', but I'm sure others have read them and gotten insight, or maybe even been critical... anyways, keep the responses coming! Seeing as my posts were not specifically about buprenorphine but very relevant to it's overall effects, I hope we can manage to keep the discussion going within the context of this MEGAthread...

On another note... I'm down to 4 mg/day of Subutex, and I am starting to get mild WD symptoms (very mild RLS when sleeping, and an annoying and persistent oscillation of body temperature). I believe this is due to the fact that I have been tapering for a little over 2 weeks, from 16mg/day (which I was at for about a month). I think I will suck it up at least until I reach 2mg/day, and then maybe stabilize there, unless the mild WDS cease to be, so that I can continue tapering down to 0... I am going down 0.4mg/day, so I will be down low pretty soon. WOOOHOOOO!!!! Then comes the jump off, where the real test of will power will take place. I'm really looking forward to being off opiates completely... gonna be great to feel goosebumps from music, get the sex drive back, and all the other good stuff that comes from being opiate free and no longer a substances slave! Best of luck to everyone else out there tapering and planning to get off opiates for good.

Take care!
-The Bwana

here in Australia it would be impossible to get upward of 600mg of oxy!!! Dont know if we should consider us lucky or unlucky. They'd put you on fent anyl patches...how did u ever get up to that high a tolerance?

Ok so the doc used to give me 20x40 for a week. plus 20 endone.
then he moved to 40 + 20 x 20 per week. plus 20 endone.
I'd be back in a few days with some BS to get more.
THEN
I got an authority - 90 x 40mg 90 x 20mg 90 x 5mg endone
that was meant to last a month, plus he ALSO gave me a script for 20 of each while he went overseas. i had 7250 mg and when i went back 2 weeks later medicare approved 90 of each and 90 of each again 2 weeks later, twice more.
once they said no, so i only got 20 of each.
depends whcih bimbo answers the phone at medicare.
now I am up all night, hanging out for my 7:30am dose which will today be 20mg subutex.

FML gonna run out of benzoes today too :/

Ok so the doc used to give me 20x40 for a week. plus 20 endone.
then he moved to 40 + 20 x 20 per week. plus 20 endone.
I'd be back in a few days with some BS to get more.
THEN
I got an authority - 90 x 40mg 90 x 20mg 90 x 5mg endone
that was meant to last a month, plus he ALSO gave me a script for 20 of each while he went overseas. i had 7250 mg and when i went back 2 weeks later medicare approved 90 of each and 90 of each again 2 weeks later, twice more.
once they said no, so i only got 20 of each.
depends whcih bimbo answers the phone at medicare.
now I am up all night, hanging out for my 7:30am dose which will today be 20mg subutex.

FML gonna run out of benzoes today too :/

Wow, how wrong I was!!!! Never knew they'd dish out that much. THought they go straight to fentanyl patches as for my other friends or MS Contins....thats a lot of Oxy. So 20 Endones is like taking a drag off a cigarette for you...wowza...never had trouble getting Benzos myself though.
'

sub addiction ?

So I've been clean from dark for a little over 3 weeks, but I've been taking sub about once a week since, about 3 times this last week, I know don't ask why, but my question is...does anyone have a goooood idea on how easily or quick one can addicted to sub, keep in mind I've been doing very small amounts, 2 mg,while tapering.

Hello mate, don't know if I can help you, I have recently detoxed from sub after a heroin addiction, but i relapsed when I was over the withdrawls and took subs for three days in a row, similar doses to to you and did not experience any further withdrawls. Be carefull not to take the sub to often because of the fairly long half life it will build up in your system and you may experience some mild withdrawls, hope this makes sense to you and helps in some way

2mg isn't as small of a dose as you think......

A lot of people have maintained sub levels of .5 to 1mg for a long time. It is a good idea to take them only when you absolutely need to and to start tapering the doses down even then.

It can get on top of you pretty quick and has a long WD so be careful.

If you have been clean from short acting opiates for 3 weeks you shouldn't have any WD symptoms anymore.

The post acute WD syndrome will last a while after you kick and make you think you need to take something. DONT......this is what causes everyone to relapse.

Try to take non-opiate WD aids if you need something. Smoke some weed, take a benzo (not too often), etc.....

2mg isn't as small of a dose as you think......

A lot of people have maintained sub levels of .5 to 1mg for a long time. It is a good idea to take them only when you absolutely need to and to start tapering the doses down even then.

Very true indeed. 2mg of subs can knock an opiate naive person on their ass.

I'm one of the many who maintain on .5mg which might as well be 5mg as far as how the WD's hit when I stop. Others do better when quitting but I have other health issues which makes WD's worse.

if i'm on 24mg subutex and take 2 sr200 tramadols will i likely get a buzz or should i rely on benzoes as well. i used to take up to 600mg oxycontin/day...?
and when should i take the trams if i dose my sub at 8:30am?

if i'm on 24mg subutex and take 2 sr200 tramadols will i likely get a buzz or should i rely on benzoes as well. i used to take up to 600mg oxycontin/day...?
and when should i take the trams if i dose my sub at 8:30am?

Trams won't do anything unless you are in WD.

Subs won't allow any opiates to work at all unless you wait until it wears off first.

If you want to add to your subs you would have to stick to benzos but be VERY CAREFUL. Mixing benzos with subs kills a lot of people.

First time

Did 1mg of Bupe today... 0.4mg nasal, and .6 under the tongue/swallow.
It does feel like an opioid but not quite-much better than tramadol though. I am a bit surprised by how long it lingers though....even longer than DHC. 1mg total seems to have been good for starters. Due to the protracted elimination I won't be doing it in a hurry again as I don't want to become addicted....it's a bit like Valium in regards to half-life.

All in all I'd give this opioid a 6.5/10 recreationally.

Off for a clean week now !!! :)

anyone else that bump subs get a horrible stuffed nose?

like so bad I can't even do anymore :<

tips to make it stop, i wanna nod!

^^ That used to happen to me back when i was taking 8+mgs, the only thing that i found to avoid it was snorting much smaller amount's at a time. Like do a bump, wait a few mins, do a bump, etc.

Man, the megathread seems to have slowed down since V12. Hope everyone's doing all right. I'm doing OK. I've managed to avoid the oxycodone for almost a month now. It's been at least two years since that happened.

Bupe is strange. When I first switched over to it, I was no longer constipated the way I was on oxy. Now that I'm on a somewhat stable dose, it seems to have the same effect. I was down to about 1 mg a day or less last week and have gone up a little bit to deal with my pain issues. Yesterday I took at least 2 mg, maybe more (slacked on the note-taking) and was constipated like a motherfucker. Does that sound at all normal (or, at least, not unheard of)?

I've had this same constipation issue. I've been on sub for about 2 years and I find that a powder mixture called miralax works wonders for un binding my intestines. It actually sucks water into your digestive track thus making you have to use the bathroom. You can find it under that name at any major retail store. It does make you somewhat dehydrated though so drink lots of water

Good suboxone dose?

I know the answer may be somewher but I haven't been able to find it since I don't have a computer at the moment. So I was curious of peoples experience as to what iv dose of suboxone would be good to get me feeling good like a nice high or buzz? I had just done a .5 mg dose and I really don't feel anything so I was also wondering if someone could decribe the high so I know what to expect. I have taken suboxone sublingually many times before so I was also wondering how the feeling differs with both ROAs.

From what I've read you probably don't want to IV suboxone. It contains 1 in 4 parts naloxone which although rendered inactive when eaten, is fully functional when administered intravenously. No way you can get a rush and if you are already high on opiates you may enter precipitated withdrawal.

I'm not on any opiates right now. It's been about 5 days since I last used. I was just curious what dose would get me feeling kinda nice. I got some free films so I wanna get something outta them

From what I've read you probably don't want to IV suboxone. It contains 1 in 4 parts naloxone which although rendered inactive when eaten, is fully functional when administered intravenously. No way you can get a rush and if you are already high on opiates you may enter precipitated withdrawal.

Who let the noob in?? ha just kidding..
IVing suboxone is completely ok as long as your opiate receptors have no full agonists already attached to them.
the naloxone in it is basically inert since buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity to the receptors rendering the "blocker" useless as it would be the bupe that would put you into w/d's also. So as long as someone has waited say (example) 24hrs after doing H, they would be fine to shoot bupe. If you are on bupe maintenance you could shoot every single dose of your suboxone with no ill effects (besides the obvious bad things about shooting pills).

Hey look i taught a Mod something.. im great %) lol im just playin with you.. you can't know everything right? As for me, i know almost nothing of amphetamines. So we're even :D

And yes you can get a rush off shooting subs, it's subtle but it's there.

Last edited:
I'm not on any opiates right now. It's been about 5 days since I last used. I was just curious what dose would get me feeling kinda nice. I got some free films so I wanna get something outta them

try 1mg IV'd if you're lookin for a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.