• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The body temperature control issue is the biggest problem I have when tapering off bupe...

^ clonidine will fix that, as you know..
also snorting 2mg of tizanadine works also.

When you're cold DMAA can warm you up but it is a stim and most consider stims uncomfortable during w/d.

I used DMAA when cold and clonidine and tizanadine when i was too warm and it worked like a charm.

i still can't believe how easy i got off bupe.. weird.

^ How many days Hood. Sorry if this has been talked about at length already.

Pegasus, I agree. The coldness can be unforgiving and relentless. I hate what long-term bupe has done to my body temperature control, I'm still on buprenorphine and I'm much more sensitive to hot/cold. Mostly coldness. Deep diaphragmatic breathing...

^ How many days Hood. Sorry if this has been talked about at length already.

Pegasus, I agree. The coldness can be unforgiving and relentless. I hate what long-term bupe has done to my body temperature control, I'm still on buprenorphine and I'm much more sensitive to hot/cold. Mostly coldness. Deep diaphragmatic breathing...

took like a week (+/- a few days.. mind gets foggy and time goes by weird when wding) ..until i was done with the w/d's after taking it for 4yrs.

The body temperature control issue is the biggest problem I have when tapering off bupe...
Same for me except it was almost always feeling hot, almost never feeling cold.

Yeah thats what i was guessing.. I was doing bout 4-5 80s a day, more if i could get a hold of it.. I was on subs twice daily, but cravings were kinda bad so they bumped it. I haven't actually been taking them 3 times a day, cause of throwing up. Lately, it's been happening much more often, even after just one sub..
Clonidine helps because it knocks me out, better than most prescription sleep aids, but once it wears off i wake up so many times and have to move around a bit before going back to sleep.

took like a week (+/- a few days.. mind gets foggy and time goes by weird when wding) ..until i was done with the w/d's after taking it for 4yrs.

Jesus, a week of w/d after 4 years of maintenance? What dose?

I'm at 4 weeks of w/d after 19 months or so total bupe and 8-9 months heroin prior to that. 12mgs/day for first 12 months of bupe.

^ my dose was only ~2mg a day for that last 2 years before that was a year on 120mg methadone and before that a few years of OCs and H.

maybe it is because i didn't taper and just CT'd it and it all hit at once or something.. maybe tapering drags out the w/d's and they last longer.

It's strange that some have only hot flashes. I got both, but definitely more cold than hot. I guess this could have something to do with where I live!

have a minor tolerance to opioides-say 30mg Oxycodone mixed with 100mg DHC to get me an OK buzz. Hence I'm not opioid-naive but not physically addicted. I use approximately twice a week, mostly DHC (good 'ol Riko) or oxys, rarely tramadol, codeine (CWE too risky) or morphine.

SO. I have 0.2mg straight Buprenorphine tablets-tinly little fuckers from Pakistan called Bunorfin. The Wikipedia opioid conversion table says 0.25mg = 5mg Oxycodone. I find those conversions tables somewhat inaccurate at times so was hoping somebody could give me feedback as to how much bupe I should take as a first-time recreational user. I was thinking perhaps 0.75mg to 1mg. I am going the rectal ROA.

Also, at that level what's the chance off puking? Heard all these horror stories about bupe-induced puking fests!!!! Have never vomitted off an opioid...even not massive H overdose.

Yes, unless it has been MONTHS since my last use, then I can get away with one use with just a bit of restlessness after it wears off, but If I use two times in a row no matter how long I have been clean, or how low the doses (they cant really get that low though as tollerance doesnt ever seem to leave for me either, even after over 3 years clean time....) I will absolutely get withdrawals after two consecutive uses ....

Thats just me though.

I also get a shitty mood and tiredness after 2 uses....its one use with a minimum of 2 days of no use before I do again.

Careful... these claims come from an ideal dreamworld, where product is pure and users are able to maintain at low to moderate doses, thus not having to deal with the negative lifestyle that follows a dreary drug habit in this naive law-burdened world, where users and abusers alike, are forced to compensate a healthy lifestyle for a less healthy one, due to the circumstances that are so often associated with the acquisition of illicit substance.

Opiates can be quite harmful, even when an otherwise healthy lifestyle is maintained. This is due to the profound effect that opiates have on a wide range of mental and bodily functions. Even if you are very social, eat well, and exercise all day long while maintaining an opiate habit, your circulation and breathing is still going to be somewhat shit when you nod off at night - and this will in the long run have a negative effect on your muscle and organ development, etc. On the contrary, there are cases, where people have smoked insane amounts of ganja daily, and lived to a very old age without a scratch. When you think about it, whether you live a really healthy lifestyle or not, the negative health effects are dependant upon the individuals mental/physical condition and lifestyle, ROA, purity of product, dosage, and tolerance. Even the healthiest individual will experience negative effects, at a high enough dose over a sufficient period of time. If product is not pure, contaminants will enter the body and might cause damage; whether it be smoked, injected, eaten, snorted, or stuffed up your ass; regular exposure to any foreign substance will have noticeable effects. The more you do, the more pronounced the effects; it is essentially impossible to completely compensate for the undesired effects through management of a healthy lifestyle. We must accept the consequences, and expect them, in order to limit damage. Only when you acknowledge the fact that opiates and other drugs will have some sort of negative effect, can you begin to consider damage control. So do not think that they are harmless, as you claim any doctor will tell you. The doctor makes these claims within a limited set of conditions.

My point here is that the notion of harmless opiates, is one of those things that gets all junkies convinced that they are doing the right thing, and that nobody has the right to take their DOC away from them; the laws are wrong, this world is fucked up and I'm not, without proof and first-hand experience first I won't believe what the doctor tells me, and yadiyadiya... I also used to think that I could handle opiates, and completely reduce damage by following a strict set of lifestyle guidelines. Likewise, I smoked a lot of ganja daily for years, and really enjoyed doing so. Amongst other things, I wanted to prove to myself and others, that it was possible to attain a university degree and stay healthy, even though I was a total pothead and psychonaut who could use various substances without feeling negative effects. I wanted to prove everyone wrong who didn't have faith in the idea, I wanted to prove the laws wrong too. And I wanted to prove that it was possible to be a responsible heroin user. Eventually, I ended up proving myself wrong, and realized that there was no reason for me to try and prove this sort of thing to anyone, before I accepted the consequences, and learned to deal with them in a responsible and reliable manner.

Even though damage from opiate use might be minimal on a strictly physiological level, how has it affected you on an emotional level? Your family relations? Do you still have the same loving friends, that you had before you tried to prove to yourself that you could live smacked out without hurting yourself or anyone else? The emotional turmoil that comes as a result of prolonged drug use, both in terms of opiates, cannabinoids, and a wide range of other psychoactive substances, also has a remarkable effect on mental and physical health. So before you convince yourself that you can get away with opiate use without any harm done, think twice, and think about all the factors that are in play - just because the substance might have passed through you with no toxic metabolites, don't think that you don't collect baggage and burdens along the way that are directly related to the use of either opiates or cannabinoids. And don't trust all doctors, in the end, they are just people like you and me.

EDIT: People, please don't take this post personally. I just wanted to express some thoughts based on my own experience, in terms of justifying an opiate or cannabis habit with health effects in mind.

This is a great post - I'm generally speaking "pro-opioids" as far as one should be pro any drug....but it is true that they have subtle effects which develop over time and can often go undetected or be ignored by the user. I.e. one is high and stays home instead of meeting a friend for a coffee. In the short-term it goes unnoticed but it builds up over time. I always rain myself in and cross-check if my use is escalating and if I've neglected something (work, housework, family, friends, or diet/exercise) As a an opioid user (no matter how regularly one uses) one must always be vigilant to these social and physical aspects of opioid use. Very slippery slope. An as to the harder opioids (H, large dose Oxy Hydromorphone etc) a nice quote was made somewhere here on BL. "Trying to use H recreationally and avoiding physical addiction is like trying to stop a raging bull with a marsh mellow on a stick" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i was chewing up approx 200mg oxycontin 2 or 3 times a day and at my worst. That was the last 6 weeks. prior to that 80mg twice a day was enough to give me a good buzz.

Now I have gone on bupe and they started me (in wd) at 8mg which did very little. Next day they bumped me to 12 (kinda held, but had wd and the runs by 3pm after dosing at 7:30am) and today up to 16.

Now my problem is, I get a lot of saliva in my mouth as the tablets dissolve under my tongue and I near fucken drown drying not to swallow. So I do my best to hold the crushed up 2x8mg (they crush them at the dosing clinic) under my tongue but again i get saliva, which i am tempted to swallow.

My question - once the bupe has dissolved, but mixed with my saliva and i swallow it, it's being taken orally right? SO it won't work? But today I did my best to just let it dissolve under my lounge and not get too much saliva and i thin that worked. my legs ache like shit, buy=t i have ha d a bunch of valium to chill me out.

What sort sort dose should i need on bupe (only once a day at this clinic as far as I know) to get down from upward of 600mg oxy per day?

I see people on this thread claiming to feel a good buzz of a full agonist only 4-5 hours after last dosing bupe. I dont doubt anyone on this site but for me I have waited almost 72 hours and then railed/banged 90 milligrams roxicodone with minimal effects. The only time I have felt a decent buzz after substaining from suboxone for two to three days was oxymorphone 30 milligrams insufflated. Anyone have any ideas why im not getting a good buzz or what I can do to get a better one after taking small breaks from suboxone.

Hey, has anyone had any problems with throwing up after taking subs? I'm prescribed 8mgs 3x a day.. I can't take that much cause just one will make me throw up about an hour later.. I hardly ever got nauseous when taking oc or any other opiates..

Yes, this used to happen to me, every day.

Even if I was only taking 4mg sublingually.

I see people on this thread claiming to feel a good buzz of a full agonist only 4-5 hours after last dosing bupe. I dont doubt anyone on this site but for me I have waited almost 72 hours and then railed/banged 90 milligrams roxicodone with minimal effects. The only time I have felt a decent buzz after substaining from suboxone for two to three days was oxymorphone 30 milligrams insufflated. Anyone have any ideas why im not getting a good buzz or what I can do to get a better one after taking small breaks from suboxone.

What is your typical dose of buprenorphine? And what ROA?

^ clonidine will fix that, as you know..
also snorting 2mg of tizanadine works also.

When you're cold DMAA can warm you up but it is a stim and most consider stims uncomfortable during w/d.

I used DMAA when cold and clonidine and tizanadine when i was too warm and it worked like a charm.

i still can't believe how easy i got off bupe.. weird.

Stimulants can increase the heat flashes though, and when someone has hot and cold flashes, you want to help reduce both, not just one and increase the frequency of another.

If using a stimulant helps reduce both, then maybe that is what is ideal for you to use. I think a lot of people wouldn't like this though.

^That's a lot of bupe, that's why! It is much more likely at doses of maybe 0.5mg - 1mg nasally.

quick question

I take 1 mg of suboxone a day. If i want to get high or get more pain relief how much oxycodone or hydrocodone would i have to take, roughly. Is it still possible to get high on 1mg of bupe, how long would i need to wait at this low dose if not?

quick question

I take 1 mg of suboxone a day. If i want to get high or get more pain relief how much oxycodone or hydrocodone would i have to take, roughly. Is it still possible to get high on 1mg of bupe, how long would i need to wait at this low dose if not?

i would say that if it has only been 1mg and not higher than you shouldn't need more than 30mg oxy to "feel" subtle effects, after all you did say for pain.. now to get high i would suggest somewhere around 40mg. Those are both with you not taking your bupe for a day or two. Keep in mind it can vary greatly between people.. so if you go OD it's your own doing. I don't know enough about you to give a definite answer.

But a half ass answer is better than no answer right? :\ lol

Stimulants can increase the heat flashes though, and when someone has hot and cold flashes, you want to help reduce both, not just one and increase the frequency of another.

If using a stimulant helps reduce both, then maybe that is what is ideal for you to use. I think a lot of people wouldn't like this though.

The DMAA seemed to level out my body temp when i was cold (it would warm me up) but if i was already warm and took some, it wouldn't make me uncomfortably hot/warm, but that is when i would take clonidine or tizanadine.. like you said tho.. won't work or be comfortable for everyone. I was just throwing it out there. But w/d's are never comfortable tho.

I understand thats a big dose of bupe but if I did want to get a good high after stopping for two days how much oxy do you think i should do. I can either IV or snort it. I do get high to a point on oxy after stopping briefly but it really does not feel the same. Even when I had a high tolerance to full agonists I could get a euphoric high after doing enough. Now after being on suboxone it feels like no matter how much I do there is only traces of euphoria.

Opanas are a completely different story. Anything above 20 milligrams opana gets me where I need to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so as everyone has probably read, i CT'd my bupe treatment and only had a week of w/d's well tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks since i quit it, i have taken kratom or tramadol occasionally for my back and leg pain (which i have had a problem with even before opiates and have had MRI's Bone Scans and x rays all done and it proves my back is fucked..)
so just for the hell of it tonight just to see what would happen i IV'd ~1mg sub.
I'm nodding harder than i have nodded in the past 5 years when i started ORT between m'done and bupe.. im just so happy that i no longer have a physical addiction or am dependant on opiates anymore.
Don't worry this 1mg IV thing won't get me taking it all the time as the key for bupe is low doses spread out as far as possible (in this case 4 weeks) and it completely paid off.

/rant

EDIT: i don't know the point of this post but put it in the bupe thread but am now realizing it might fit better in the progress thread.. Mods do as you wish. %)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.