• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys but what is Kratom i can't believe I've never heard of it lol...where do you buy it?

Been "clean" for about 7 months.

Hey BL. 1st time poster here but have used this site many times in the past and created an account because I browsed the threads and didn't see one that answered my question.

I was on opiate pain killers for about 8-9 years. Moved up to heroin for about 3-4 years (with a could 5 month and one 3 month jail stay in between). So I've been off H again 7 months now as of today. Beginning in January I have started buying 2-3 subs a day off of my friend but only twice a week. I would catch a nice knod off of these and then grab some LSD/shrooms once or twice a week and be sober the remaining days.

Anyways, I did 3 subs on Friday, none on Saturday and 2 and a half last night around midnight. My cousin's girlfriend ( who I've been messing around with once a week) just hit me up and said "you myswell get high, everybody is accusing of you still doing it so why not". I know that she knows I got money now that I'm clean and probably just wants to use me for sex and a quick lay but my question is how long do I have to wait for these Suboxone to "unblock" my receptors and me be able to go get high with her once? I odmt want to waste my money but she's sick and is DTF so I'm gonna have to get her high and IF I wanted to get high with her, would I be in the clear or would the sun's I did still be active in my brain and make me waste my money...thx for any and all information anyone has for me.

As far as I know you gotta let yourself get a little sick from the subs.. depends on your metabolism.. could be 12 hours.. could be 3 days.. you will just have to use trial and error I guess.

If she is in DT?s why not get her a strip? It would be cheaper..

Hi, I?m sorry in advance for how long-winded I am & if this has been answered already, but I didn?t see anything similar that answered my question.

I?ve had a history with opiate abuse but have been off them for at least 5 years. However I?m an idiot, and have pretty much unlimited access to Suboxone strips, which I started taking for the high a few years back (addict logic). I started out taking about 1/3 of a strip once or twice a week because I quickly realized that if I took them back to back, I didn?t experience that opiated euphoria. However eventually that escalated to me taking it daily for 2 years.

I normally cute up the 8 mg strips into at least 6 smaller strips, but usually more (I?m not measuring) and would take one piece in each the AM and PM, so the max Ive been taking is >2mg per day. I?ve been wanting to quit for a year. Because the access isn?t always there, it?s down to willpower. The past few weeks I?ve managed to get down to one small piece, probably >.5 mg.

I work a normal professional job so I don?t have the ability to go through withdrawals and have been planning to take a vacation for ages to go through withdrawals, but everything I?ve read makes it seem like Sub WD?s aren?t typical and I don?t be want to end up wasting PTO to not even get through the hard stuff.

Last week I had dental surgery and was prescribed some 7.5 Vics which I thought I could hang on to in casebook I needed them to function during the Sub WD process and knowing that I had those seemed to give me the motivation to go ahead and detox. I had a tiny piece of Sub Friday morning, then made it to yesterday (Tues) afternoon when I broke down and had another tiny strip. Today I?m feeling rough and I?m assuming that the WDs are just now kicking in since everyone?s claims they start around 5-7 day so after your last dose.

My question, which may be moronic, is could I successfully detox from Subs with minimal WD symptoms if I just take a tiny bit of it only when I need it, maybe every other day, or am I better off going cold turkey? Keep in mind I?m doing this to get completely clean for myself, not to pass a drug test or to be able to go back to other opiates & not through a doctor.

TLDR; Can you avoid major WD symptoms after taking >2 mg for two years by only taking a tiny piece when absolutely necessary, or are you better off going cold turkey and just dealing with with the approximate month of WD?

Here it is 6 months later.... I've messed up twice because of the price of the zubsolv, I just can't shell out 600 a month between doc and meds.
First time was not a big deal, a week or so and I got back to the doc. The second time is happening now, it's been right over a month without
bupe and I've gone back to dilaudid and such smh
I'm searching my people for bupe and coming up empty. Plus I'm really liking the shooting atm and not wanting to stop smh
This morning I took the only sub I had and was ok physically but still fiending mentally. Its about to be 24hrs since I took that sub
and I'm extremely anxious. At this point I am very interested in 1, the best way to take sub strips(how to get the most from them)
and 2, if there is any way to prolong the effect(do something to make it stay in my system longer) since they seem to be so scarce atm.

An my friend, bupe is a maintenance medication, and very long acting. I was on it for ten years, from the first time it came out around here until about 6 months ago. The DEA visited the clinic I was going to for overuse of Subutex as opposed to Suboxone, so they had to switch everyone to Suboxone. Fortunately I let them know that the nalaxone gives me migraines and I became one of three people on plain ole bupe. My best advice is to beg your doctor for subutex because they come in generic for $3 a pill. I know that's still not cheap, but I would also recommend you get more than you actually use, so you can stockpile. I was on 2 8mg a day but only took a half or whole one. This will give you plenty of room if you can't afford to go .

Also something I have done is split the cost of the clinic/meds with someone else who also needs bupe maintenance. This way you pay half the cost for half the meds, and since bupe is reletively safe, in my mind seeing a doctor isn't necessary.

Also, I shot up bupe for YEARS, mostly twice a day. I was able to maintain on 2mg a day, much less than sublingual. Word of advice: DON'T do that. I now have severe heart problems and bupe is the only thing I've shot up regularly like that and I don't like stims. Doctors will tell you you can't shoot it up but you can shoot up both bupe and bupe/nalaxone and get high, especially if you're not using other opiates.

What do DR's know anyway, they were prescribing me 8mg Xanax, 16mg Bupe, and 60mg Adderall for conditions that I had never been diagnosed with before. They are definitely in it for the money, as long as they get their cash they'll write you anything if you do the little dance of knowing the symptoms of those disorders.

An my friend, bupe is a maintenance medication, and very long acting. I was on it for ten years, from the first time it came out around here until about 6 months ago. The DEA visited the clinic I was going to for overuse of Subutex as opposed to Suboxone, so they had to switch everyone to Suboxone. Fortunately I let them know that the nalaxone gives me migraines and I became one of three people on plain ole bupe. My best advice is to beg your doctor for subutex because they come in generic for $3 a pill. I know that's still not cheap, but I would also recommend you get more than you actually use, so you can stockpile. I was on 2 8mg a day but only took a half or whole one. This will give you plenty of room if you can't afford to go .

Also something I have done is split the cost of the clinic/meds with someone else who also needs bupe maintenance. This way you pay half the cost for half the meds, and since bupe is reletively safe, in my mind seeing a doctor isn't necessary.

Also, I shot up bupe for YEARS, mostly twice a day. I was able to maintain on 2mg a day, much less than sublingual. Word of advice: DON'T do that. I now have severe heart problems and bupe is the only thing I've shot up regularly like that and I don't like stims. Doctors will tell you you can't shoot it up but you can shoot up both bupe and bupe/nalaxone and get high, especially if you're not using other opiates.

What do DR's know anyway, they were prescribing me 8mg Xanax, 16mg Bupe, and 60mg Adderall for conditions that I had never been diagnosed with before. They are definitely in it for the money, as long as they get their cash they'll write you anything if you do the little dance of knowing the symptoms of those disorders.
Thanks for the input. I actually have a subutex today. Im waiting to use it though. I did like 16mg dilaudid yesterday along with 60mg morph late last night and am not sure if it's safe to take the tex yet. I thought since it lacks the naloxone I could take it pretty much any time? Heck its been 12 hours since the morph.

I took 6mg in 12 hrs and then 2 mg after another 12 hours. It gave me really bad migraine, so I didn't take anymore. It's been 26 hours since my last dose. How long before I start wd? How long before it stops blocking oxys if I decide to take my last 2? That was my first time ever taking Suboxone. So basically 8mg in 24 hrs, been 26 since last dose.

Thanks for the input. I actually have a subutex today. Im waiting to use it though. I did like 16mg dilaudid yesterday along with 60mg morph late last night and am not sure if it's safe to take the tex yet. I thought since it lacks the naloxone I could take it pretty much any time? Heck its been 12 hours since the morph.

I took 8 mgs of Suboxone in 24 hrs. It gave me a bad migraine, so I didn't take anymore. It's been 26 hours since my last dose, which was 2 mg. How long before I got into wd? How long will it block oxy? I have 2 more and want to take if I do start wd. I tried to find answers on here but everyone has been on it for months. I need answer from a 1 day user lol... Or just someone who know more about Suboxone.

No you cannot take the Subutex any time. You need to wait just the same as you would with taking Suboxone. It's the bupe that causes precipitated withdrawals if taken too soon... The naloxone is essentially irrelevant in this regard.

12 hours may be enough or it may not. Best to wait until withdrawals are fully in gear before taking Suboxone or Subutex. Time isn't the best indicator, symptoms are.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post...

I took 8 mgs of Suboxone in 24 hrs. It gave me a bad migraine, so I didn't take anymore. It's been 26 hours since my last dose, which was 2 mg. How long before I got into wd? How long will it block oxy? I have 2 more and want to take if I do start wd. I tried to find answers on here but everyone has been on it for months. I need answer from a 1 day user lol... Or just someone who know more about Suboxone.

You'd probably start feeling withdrawals slowly setting in anytime now if it's been 26 hours since your last dose of Suboxone.

You can take the oxys at anytime however the longer you wait the more you feel them.

If you want to get the most out of the Oxy just try waiting until withdrawals set in. Don't just wait for the first alerts of withdrawal if you can, let them settle in fully. You know: wait for the restless legs, watering nose/eyes, sneezing, temperature fluctuations, etc.

Suboxone lingers around for ever. It slowly dissapears. The longer you can wait until dosing the Oxy the less blocking will occur. Plus going from withdrawals to relief from Oxy will feel good to.

^ Seeing as Cari was a one day user, she might not get the accumulation effect that occurs after a week+ of use, cutting the clearance time even further. Waiting till it gets rough might be a little bit overkill whereas a half an Oxy could answer the question immediately.

Hello! I?ve been on subs for a month. Started on 24mg, 5-2 days ago did 4mg each day, then yesterday took approximately 2mg at 3:33am, then another 4mg at 8pm last night; which was my last dose. My questions are 1. How long til I start to feel withdrawal if I want to stop the subs for a few days. 2. Does being on that amount of subxone lower a persons opiate tolerance? 3. If I use my codine cough syrup while I have this awful cold & cough for relief for a day or 2 until I can function again, how long will I need to wait until I can take my subs again, and how much should I dose? Thank you to whoever helps answer my questions.

look, best thing i think to say to these type of questions is that everyone differs.
i am one of the ones that can take bupe shortly after an opiate and not going to precip WD.
as a general rule though you should think that you cannot and save yourself from the possibility.
as for feeling an opiate after taking bupe, again it differs. there is a few variables. mostly though i agree with waiting something like atleast 24hrs though
before you can feel a hit of whatever. again that is a general rule.

So how long do you think I should wait after taking an opiate to dose on suboxone? Ive herd if your past the opiate wds you can dose anytime but If that isnt true I dont want to go into pwds. Should I just wait 24 hours after last opiate use after taking an opiate for a day or 2, to be safe?

Ive been taking 4mgs of sub for about a week and a half and took 1mg or less yesterday how long til i can feel my Percocet for my back pain? TIA

The opiate blocker on suboxone will block opiates fully for 24 hours, and partially for up to another 48 hours after that, so you would need to wait 24-72 hours after your last dose of suboxone to feel the effects of any opiate.

How long should I wait after my last him injection to take a Subutex..I can't find answers anywhere.. Not Suboxone but Subutex

How long should I wait after my last him injection to take a Subutex..I can't find answers anywhere.. Not Suboxone but Subutex

Do you mean after your last IV shot of heroin? Or does him stand for something like heroin IM or what?

Doesn't matter if you are going to be taking Suboxone or Subutex... The wait time would be the same in either case. Either one will throw you into withdrawal if taken too soon.

The exact amount of time varies from person to person. Usually you want to wait until you are in well into withdrawals. Doctor's use the COWS scale to determine when it is safe to administer either Suboxone or Subutex... Basically they are waiting until withdrawals are severe enough. They don't just wait x amount of hours and for good reason...

Somebody may come along and say something like "I always wait for XX hours after my last shot " Waiting the amount of time they usually do may work for you or it may not. Some people just have to wait longer than others. I'd tell you how long it is for me if I knew... but I dont use heroin.

Some people titrate up their first dose if they are afraid they might be taking it too soon. For example, they take only 1mg and wait an hour and see how they feel. If they aren't feeling worse they take another 1mg and wait another hour. They continue this until they have taken full sub dose. Supposedly this can help avoid precipitated withdrawals and if they do occur it won't be as bad as if they had taken the full dose all at once.

It seems like most people on here asking about how long it takes to feels the effects of an opiate after suboxone use were not on subs for that long. I have been taking approximately 2mg per day for 2 years, but I am on day 8 of a 22 day taper and currently at .25mg per day. I understand the long half life and how it stays in your system much longer. My question is, due to the fact that I have been taking it for a while and probably have buildup, would it take longer to feel an opiates effects than someone that took it for a week or less? Or does it take the same amount of time for it to all leave your system, regardless of how long you have been taking it? By the time I?m finished with the taper I will be down to .13mg for about 6 days, just in case that factors into the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.