• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
⬆️ I can tell you one thing. Once you do that OP, you’re going to have to wait till you’re in with drawl take Suboxone again.
I hate to be the one to break it to you

Naloxone or aka NARCAN??

Suboxone and subutex contain Buprenorphine, a partial opioid agonist that WILL block the effects of traditional opiates, AND cause precipitated withdrawl. There is a common myth that subutex won't cause blockage because it does not contain naloxone, truth of the matter is, naloxone is only added in Suboxone as a deterrent so addicts think twice about IVing, it is inactive sublingually ANYWAY, so whether you take subutex or suboxone, your still not going to feel the effects of opiates if you try to get high later that day, DEPENDING on how much suboxone or subutex you previously took that day. Usually when you take 8mg in a day, you will get almost complete blockage of opiates if attempted to get high, usually 85% of your opiate receptors are saturated, so expect huge disappointment.
Taking doses of 2-4mg of sub that. Day, gives you wiggle room to still feel effects of other opiates. Regardless if you take 1mg of suboxone, you will get COMPLETE BLOCKAGE from other opiates if you try to get high 1-4hrs after. You need to wait a good 6-8hrs to even feel other opiates if you don't exceed 4mg suboxone that day.
And YES, you STILL will go through precipitated withdrawal if you get high, and take a SUBUTEX after. Buprenorphine is what causes PWD. Naloxone is a deterrent in suboxone so addicts wont IV it, and even that is a whole other complicated subject i do not want to get into, basically, one can shoot suboxone and not go thru precip. WD, as bupe has a higher affinity than naloxone...subutex Suboxone. Tomato tamato

Where does the line goes between taking benzos and bupe together or and when not. Is it when the initial, noticeable effects are gone or is it when benzos are out of my system?

I'm on my last day of alcohol detox and was only given few benzos home. Supposed to take one chlordiazepoxide (25 mg) now (haven't) and one in the evening, but I know there's no need since I'm already past the point any delirium symptoms could occur. I've been given them gradually less and yesterday it was already down to three. I was also given temazepam for sleep, and took 40 mg about 11 hours last time. Chlordiazepoxide apparently converts into some metabolite, which can linger insanely long, but can that metabolite also cause problems with bupe?

Last days of alcohol detox really sucks. Not feeling physically shitty at all and psychotic symptons are gone, but addiction starts to take over again. Wanna use something again, but not sure whether it's safe to use bupe today (later, not now) or must I wait a day or two (or more) before using?

Last edited:
I am unsure where to post to get help but oh do I need it I am on h along with my brother and our signifigant others.we work everyday 7/365 tokeep up with our habit which we like to tell ourselves that we ligbtweight control we get paid cash everyday which is hard on our mentor and im 10+ year user my brother longer than me less wiyh iv but we are fed up we want to stop ive been on subs not on the program but I bought them and did them for a year I ended up using again once I got back to the city with family anywaylong as story short we want to get on subs to save our lives jobs sanitywe were on methadone but havent been on for about a month we decided we would do subs today it had been 15 hrs since last use we both ate an 8 pill today and within 20min was in pw hard bad the worst feeling ever had to leave work to cop on a front to try and get better it lasted about a half hour the back to pw we left again and got our norm of h for a day im so bummed I keep seeing it has to be like 24 to 32 hours i we are not able to take offwork and lay around sick for 2 days im so scared I was so happy and excited today so ready to change and fix our lives pls any advice will help im peaying for a miracle

My way of reasoning in case of precipitated withdrawal would be to take more buprenorphine and not take heroin or whatever opioid you've been taking (the main and real risk is overdosing because depending on how much buprenorphine you took, the amount of heroin that will give you an effect will drastically differ, e.g. it is certainly much easier to break through 1-2mg than through 8mg or more, the extent of blockade provided by higher doses is much bigger than one might guess judging by the perceivable difference in partial agonistic effects from 1-2mg vs. 8 mg! if you try to break through with heroin by taking more and more, and more, at some point you suddenly do break through and at the same time overdose), but that's also not a universal solution, depending on the size of your habit, i.e. how much you take per dose, more buprenorphine might at some point either start producing real opioid effects or force more full agonist out of receptors and not cover for the withdrawal even at the ceiling dose.

Is there anyone who actually decided to take more buprenorphine instead of trying to break through with heroin? If 1mg of buprenorphine is enough to produce precipitated withdrawal, then there should be a dose before the ceiling dose that should start easing the pain instead of giving you more of it.

Do not take this as advice though, it is impossible to judge whether more buprenorphine would help you or not. To be on the safest side would be to simply wait long enough.

Hey
Yep I stuck with the bupe, ended up hospitalised. Basically was on 100ml methadone a day for past 6 months or so kept creeping up so decided to swap back to bupe, took half my meth dose Friday also smoked around.8 gram o h on Friday night, thought it would ease transition... on Saturday avo 1ish took 16mg bupe and opened the gates of hell seriously can't describe how bad it was extreme continuous vomiting uncontrollable seizures uncontrollable diahorea stomach cramps felt like I was getting cut in half, cold sweats size o marbles managed to get an ambulance they had very little understanding of what was going on (uk Scotland) but got to acute ward stabilised my symptoms and aye survived but would strongly advise anyone swapping from high dependence full agonist to partial, to really follow the guidelines!! will post link to page I found describes clinically observed precipitated withdrawal one fatality, its serious like! worst experience easily of my life, and yep the symptoms wore off as the night passed sun avo had wife bring subs to hospital and I started taking them in 8mg doses it's now Monday I'm home and have needed around 56 mg of sub and I'm still not right. I've got pupils for one mild shivers just bit broken but gonna try ride it out few days hopefully the bupe will be enough as tolerance drops. Anyway be careful and research if you're doing this at home best t have someone there

Where does the line goes between taking benzos and bupe together or and when not. Is it when the initial, noticeable effects are gone or is it when benzos are out of my system?

I'm on my last day of alcohol detox and was only given few benzos home. Supposed to take one chlordiazepoxide (25 mg) now (haven't) and one in the evening, but I know there's no need since I'm already past the point any delirium symptoms could occur. I've been given them gradually less and yesterday it was already down to three. I was also given temazepam for sleep, and took 40 mg about 11 hours last time. Chlordiazepoxide apparently converts into some metabolite, which can linger insanely long, but can that metabolite also cause problems with bupe?

Last days of alcohol detox really sucks. Not feeling physically shitty at all and psychotic symptons are gone, but addiction starts to take over again. Wanna use something again, but not sure whether it's safe to use bupe today (later, not now) or must I wait a day or two (or more) before using?

Chlordiazepoxide produces nordazepam as a metabolite, a benzodiazepine partial agonist that is the primary (and really only relevant) metabolite of dzp itself(Valium)

Clorazepate is similar except It is pretty much completely converted to nordazepam before even reaching the liver/circulation

It's T1/2 can exceed 100 hours, however it is typically a medium-long duration benzo, a single dose peaks within 2hours, and can last from 4-12hrs

It can theoretically build up with chronic use, however it is a partial agonist and less potent than Valium (dzp is typically 1.5-2x as potent, so most converters or charts say 10ng valium = 15-20mg nordazepam/clorazepate(Tranxene) however Librium(chlordiazepoxide) is more variable; some sources give an equivalent dose(or SDU) as 25mg = 5-10mg Valium or 7.5-20mg nordazepam, others say 15mg chlordiazepoxide = 5mg or occasionally even 10mg dzp( split the difference and 10-15mg nordazepam)

Ok, probably too detailed though maybe take half a dose or a quarter in the evening unless your just wd free; it isn't typically as abusable as alprazolam or anything and 12.5ng or less is a fairly small dose in comparison; though do what works, by all means

Noooooo. If you are opiate dependent it will throw you into straight withdrawl. Like vomiting, shaking, crying withdrawl. I got it about .5cc and fell out. Dont even try it. Its not worth it at all.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by atomicpuppy469337

I had PW this morning...intensely...I have been shooting H all day to combat the effects. The question is...now that the sub is in my system and the PW is gone...can I safely take more even though I shot H to kill the PW?

Does anyone have an answer for this? Im going through the exact thing right now...

No.

The H is what occupied the receptors to end pw, if suboxone taken too soon, pw will occur again.

Induct suboxone with the smallest efective dose, sub 1mg, to avoid pw. If pw happens, continue dosing sub mg doses until you feel better.

Sorry for dumb question does anyone ever inject sub film can it be safely done?

Noooooo. If you are opiate dependent it will throw you into straight withdrawl. Like vomiting, shaking, crying withdrawl. I got it about .5cc and fell out. Dont even try it. Its not worth it at all.

Well I agree with you that you shouldn't do it at all, it still can be done relatively safe.

It sounds like you experienced precipitated withdrawal.

a micron filter is pretty important when iving the films

Oh no, that Naloxone is invincible- it's Impossible:)

Wait at least 40 hours after last H dose, and you'll be fine- and remember, IV Buprenorphine has a T1/2 that averages 3-4 hours,(despite a fairly long 7-12hr duration, possibly longer or shorter, dose dependent) vs over 20 hours for SL, so keep that in mind

Thanks for all the advice I came to my senses and decided to take it SL as I'm supposed to..gotta get the obsession w the pin out of my head.

Been on the sub's for a week now 8mg daily I'm still dealing with hot flashes every now and then is this normal?PLEASE HELP THANX

Yea this time i switched over i was using a lot (3 grams every 2 days) and i was sick for about a week before the withdrawls symptoms went completly away... :/ hang in there bro it WILL get better. Youll be glad you stuck around. I was starting to worry myself honestly but with time it fixed itself.

Here's the ultimate guide to transitioning from opiates to subs.

First, switch from your DOC to kratom, and use however much kratom you need to stay comfortable. Stay on the kratom for at least 2 days (to ensure no PW), for stuff like methadone a week would be needed to be absolutely sure.

Then on the night before induction, don't take any kratom past 6pm. Next morning, start with .5mg sub. Then jump another .5mg if you feel good. If goodz then go as high as you want.

Kratom honestly could probably be taken 3 hours before inducing, though i wouldn't be comfortable with this, PW is absolutel hell.

It is a fucking joke docs start people on 8mg. What retards. A great way to avoid PW is to take 1mg at a time, any PW will be minor and can be cured with opiates.

Status
Not open for further replies.