• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
@captain, perfect sense

so it would work, you guys are saying?

i am not totally floored by precip w/d, esp if i do it when i'm already in a little w/d. so for me personally, would it be a good trade off to take medium intensity withdrawal after taking some suboxone (say 24h after last poppy dose; those last as long as methadone) and then an hour later take another dose of suboxone which should work?

i'd rather go through an hour of w/d than days of w/d, esp when the intensity is about equal

Last edited:
I took another 2 mg cause I still had some physical symtoms which I think have subsided except foe bad shin splints so I took some advil.

I am feeling quite emotional though, likd I could cry at any minute but I know that's part of the process. Its only day one I can expect to feel perfect.

Sounds good! Yeah, the emotionality part of it is almost unavoidable. It'll slowly fade away over time though!

I found talking to people about how I felt made me feel better to a certain degree. :)

@captain, perfect sense

so it would work, you guys are saying?
Well, another Bluelighter named Oxymorphone tried the "putting himself into precipitated WD" and said he found it easy, and said it was better than having to go through the acute WD.

However, as someone pointed out, some people have had precipitated WD's that were debilitating, I wouldn't want anyone to put themselves through that.

I really don't want to say it'll "work", but in theory, you should be fine if you dose low enough in the beginning and titrate it up slowly enough not to go through a really nasty precipitated WD.

If you do attempt this, and I would understand perfectly why you would want to try it out in the first place, feel free to update us on how it goes for you!

Not just incapacitate, WD can kill you in some extreme cases. Even an "innocent" drug like alcohol can

Opioid withdraws CAN'T kill you only w/d's that can kill are GABA-drug W/D's so benzos, alcohol and even GHB I think.

Opioid withdraws CAN'T kill you only w/d's that can kill are GABA-drug W/D's so benzos, alcohol and even GHB I think.

Opiate WD is often not as deadly, but it can be deadly via dehydrating someone (either through not taking in enough fluids, diarrhea, vomiting, or a combination thereof) or through malnutrition.

It's important to drink plenty of water during opiate WD's.

Opiate WD is often not as deadly, but it can be deadly via dehydrating someone (either through not taking in enough fluids, diarrhea, vomiting, or a combination thereof) or through malnutrition.

Well thats indirect effect of W/D's not direct. You can also die from dehydration if you take MDMA, but MDMA is not killing you but the dehydration.

I have a question that I can't find a straight answer too (though it is possible I missed it, I've read a lot on the web though..) is it true that when you I.V. subs that the bupe stays in your system for shorter periods of time, (meaning that if you've lowered yourself down to say, 2 mg, and you I.V. it, that in the next 24 hours you can bang a bag of dope and feel it?) I know questions about I.V'ing bupe seem to piss people off, and I know the dangers and that it's not worth it to get high, but being the junky that I am, I just have to know.

I have a question that I can't find a straight answer too (though it is possible I missed it, I've read a lot on the web though..) is it true that when you I.V. subs that the bupe stays in your system for shorter periods of time, (meaning that if you've lowered yourself down to say, 2 mg, and you I.V. it, that in the next 24 hours you can bang a bag of dope and feel it?) I know questions about I.V'ing bupe seem to piss people off, and I know the dangers and that it's not worth it to get high, but being the junky that I am, I just have to know.

Yes, when you IV bupe its duration is shorter then if you take it sublingually.
But also, if youve lowered your bupe down to 2mg (sublingually or snorted), remember that you will need considerably less if you IV it (since the biovavailability will be 100% when injected).
If you must shoot it, start with .5 or 1mg tops.

Also, you really should check out the micron filter mega thread if you plan on shooting any pills.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

Good luck-DG

I'm still having stomach issues, even with the Sub. Taking an Immodium here and there helps, and I'm still going. I thought Sub was constipating?

This is true. I remember reading a few cases where prisoners in the USA on methadone maintenance have died due to being denied enough water to replace lost fluids during WD.

To the poster who made a comparison with MDMA, it doesn't matter if it's a direct or indirect effect of the WD, the point is that it's something that should be considered as part of reducing the harms associated with it.

I'm still having stomach issues, even with the Sub. Taking an Immodium here and there helps, and I'm still going. I thought Sub was constipating?
it takes time for the constipation to begin. ive found its a more long term slowly changing side effect of opiates. when i started subox i was still shitting the first few days, after about a week i was clogged worse than any other opiate

so immodium works with subs? its not blocked in the gut?

if it is blocked in the gut maybe thats why you have stomach issues?

so I woke up this morning and took 4mg and felt kind of buzzed, but I also took a propranolol with it, so I'm wondering if it was the combination.

I don't feel buzzed at all anymore, just "normal." Was 4mg too high?

it takes time for the constipation to begin. ive found its a more long term slowly changing side effect of opiates. when i started subox i was still shitting the first few days, after about a week i was clogged worse than any other opiate

so immodium works with subs? its not blocked in the gut?

if it is blocked in the gut maybe thats why you have stomach issues?

I'm having the popposite problem, I'm going more than I want haha

I've been pretty constipiated the last few months because of my opiate use so I expected the opposite effect while I'm coming off of them, but I also read that Subs are very constipated so I am surprised I haven't had that effect, since I had 8mg yesterday and 4mg already today.

in my experience it takes a few days for the constipation to kick in, but when it does, it's like giving birth.

Can't Figure This One Out

So I've been thinking about something regarding buprenorphine and I can't figure it out. I'm considerably smarter then most of you so it's doubtful any of you may be able to help, but its worth a try:p

So it is often said that if you shoot or snort your bupe, it will have a shorter duration then if taken sublingually. I just don't understand why this would be the case.

Lets look at just snorting vs. sublingual for a second. When you snort, the bupe passes through the mucous membrane of your nasal cavity and enters your bloodstream. When you take it sublingually, it passes through the mucous membrane of your mouth and enters your bloodstream. Either way first pass metabolism is bypassed and I dont see why the duration should be effected. There might be slightly faster onset via snorting, but the duration should be the same.

The same goes for shooting. The only difference is instead of passing through mucous membrane, it goes directly into your bloodstream. However, again first pass metabolism is bypassed so I dont understand why duration should be effected. The onset will certainly be quicker, but why duration?

When a drug is taken ORALLY (as in swallowed) I understand how duration can be affected since it first goes into your stomach and goes through first pass metabolism. But with bupe you dont take it orally, you take it sublingually, and it seems to me that no matter which of the 3 ways you take it (sublingual, snort, shoot), the bupe is essentially going straight into your bloodstream....so why should it matter how it got there-duration should be about the same.-DG

that was kind of what I was asking. By duration do you mean the amount of time that you feel the bupe, or the ammount that it stays in your system?

for instance, I've heard on some of these threads, that if youwant to get high, and you've been shooting your bupe, that you can expect to feel the effects of a full agonist like heroin much sooner then if you were taking your bupe sublingually. I've even heard that you can expect to be able to feel the effects of heroin as early as twelve hours after shooting 2 mg of bupe, whereas if you took it sublingually you'd have to wait anywhere from 36-72 hours to feel anything out of the H.

I have to say, Sub gives me a little buzz....nothing like Oxy, but I definitely feel mood altered.

So I have had 12mg total today to feel no withdrawal. On day 2. Do you think that will be my fault dose?

I was hoping it wouldn't be so high :(

Status
Not open for further replies.