• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiber is a must, but I would only take stool softeners when the going gets rough......your body can become somewhat dependent on them........other than that daily exercise is also extremely beneficial.

Fiber is a must, but I would only take stool softeners when the going gets rough......your body can become somewhat dependent on them........other than that daily exercise is also extremely beneficial.

Agreed.
I have went around 2 weeks without any number two's... boy was it like giving birth to be a man. haha.
Anyway. Buprenorphine ain't that bad actually... once you get settled in your dosage it becomes easier. I don't use any laxatives or such.

Morphine on the other hand.. ouch. That really stops you bowel movements to a halt.

Okay, so I fully understand (well obviously not fully, but I am well informed with bupe, and the less is more, more is less, and the different actions and what not.

The last dose I took of sub was 2mg sniffed, Friday Morning

The past two days I've been taking some of my g/f's adderall (she gave them to me, I didn't not steal). And I hadn't done amphetamines in a while, adderall in maybe 4 year, and I def want to crash and sleep.

Should a do 2 or 4 mg to feel the best effects, less is more but there is still residual adderall. I took 7mg Kpin off the bat and feel better, and am not straight up dope sick, but dont feel the best. Should I even take the suboxone when I know I'll be getting money soon, and can get very strong heroin. I'm debating cause I'd love heroin today, but I have to wait hours to get money, I will get money today and blast the dope tommorow, but you know how it is.

Also, 2mg sub now, 4mg sub now, or would be waiting untill I get money, then get heroin, what would be the best option to go with?

I usually take 4mg or 2mg sniffed, depending on how long I need to string them out, or about .4-.5 heroin.

I wanna get fucked and go to sleep, but lack of sleep + no opiates is making me lean towards 4mg suboxone, and just have to not get super nod hours later today

anyone have a taper regimen for bupe? i take 2-4mg IV a day and want to get down to like 1mg IV a day. thanks.

I just cut my dose in half, waited to stabilize, and kept repeating until I got to where I am today.

I am probably going through no more than 0.26 mg per day (that's 10 shots in a day, and I probably go through less than that in reality).

There is also a Community Project - Tapering Plans, with instructions on how to taper off of drugs including buprenorphine.

lastly what is PAWS??? never heard of it

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, the idea that the acute withdrawal is over, but you still aren't back to being your old self again.

Last edited:
When I was tapering off my suboxone. I would drop 0.5mg every 2-3 days

CAPTAIN.HEROIN

"26 mcg = 0.026 mg. How many doses are in 1mg? 38.46
How many doses in one 8mg pill? A little over 307 doses."

You take very very small doses of suboxone. Is this necessary to get off suboxone, with out feeling any WD? or do you do it for other reasons?

will i have to get down to this small of doses before i can jump off suboxone with out any WD?

It's not necessary to get off of Suboxone without feeling any WD symptoms, and yes I do this for other reasons. However I am also looking forward to not having acute or post acute WD after I quit using buprenorphine. I have ADHD and pain issues so buprenorphine is a blessing in disguise (analgesic with stimulant like properties).

No, i think philip there was a little confused. I dont know if you know this but he was talking about the moderator Captain.Heroin. who is currently taking like 26 mcg doses every day. Im not sure if you know about the Captain.....but I think Phillip was just asking him if he was taking such tiny doses in order to get off of suboxone more easily.....and the answer to the question(if i may speak in the Captains absence)....is no not really. Him taking those tiny doses do, in fact, allow him to quit much easier than he would at a much higher dose.....but if he was just going down to that tiny of a dose in order to make quitting subs easier, thn he would have quit by now....hes been at that dose for quite some time now, and hes actually been in the microgram range now for even longer.
The main reason, I believe, why the Captain keeps taking such tiny doses of suboxone IV every day, is because it is giving him many beneficail benefits at that dos level. He has talked about how it makes him feel better than any other dose he has been on, also, it acts as an anti-depressant to him I believe, and if im not mistaken, he says that he uses it as a medication to help with his ADD(or ADHD, not sure which one). Even though bupe is not prescribed for that reason, the Captain has found a way to use suboxone so that it seems to help him in that aspect.
Does that clarify things for you?

BTW....all of what I said about Captain.Heroin I learned by speaking to him directly in PM's, or by speaking with him in the open forums.....and there is always a possibility that I got somethign not quite right here, so I jsut wanted to remind you that these ARE NOT the remarks of the Captain himself, and do not directly reflect his views since he is not here typing this. But I do think, from how much I have spoken with him, that I knew what I was talking about. Im sure when the Captain reads this he will come in and say just about everything I said, and more, but in a more intellectual fashion.....I was just trying to explain his "situation" while he wasnt here to do it for himself.

I think you summed my situation up well man. When I was using heroin, I didn't really have any issues with ADHD. Stimulants, like d-amphetamine, can help a lot with ADHD but you can't use it everyday. Inevitably you will gain a tolerance, and the side effects from amphetamines are not pleasant (I cannot imagine myself ever becoming dependent on meth, as fun as using meth is).

Buprenorphine gives me a lot of relief from ADHD (not perfect, like heroin) but also doesn't have any problems that heroin addiction has (other than constipation).

I am, at the moment, not feeling well so if anyone has further questions feel free to ask me. If I missed something, bold it, use a title and a icon for your post so it stands out.

Last edited:
It's not necessary to get off of Suboxone without feeling any WD symptoms, and yes I do this for other reasons. However I am also looking forward to not having acute or post acute WD after I quit using buprenorphine. I have ADHD and pain issues so buprenorphine is a blessing in disguise (analgesic with stimulant like properties).

Captain.....I hope my post about you from last night was correct. I was trying to explain your situation to someone but I didnt want to act like I knew everything about you at the same time. I wasnt sure if I should have talked about your suboxone maintanence but then this guy started acting a fool so I had to explain it to him.
Sry for speaking on your behalf if that was a problem.

My mom said she saw in the news on AOL news that people who are opiate dependent have now the option of getting a large quanity of bupeonrphine transplanted and time realeased depending on there dose with re transplants every couple of years.

Thoughts?....would YOU have it done?

I would have declined to do this, but I am interested about this too. I think it has good potential for a lot of people.

I have reserves about using such an implantation though; if you are injured by an accidental strike around the implant, it can release too much of the active ingredient.

Seeing that an overdose of buprenorphine would not be pleasant (non-life threatening overdosing on full agonists is more pleasant, whereas buprenorphine begins to become unpleasant at a certain dosage).

No, i think philip there was a little confused. I dont know if you know this but he was talking about the moderator Captain.Heroin. who is currently taking like 26 mcg doses every day. Im not sure if you know about the Captain.....but I think Phillip was just asking him if he was taking such tiny doses in order to get off of suboxone more easily.....and the answer to the question(if i may speak in the Captains absence)....is no not really. Him taking those tiny doses do, in fact, allow him to quit much easier than he would at a much higher dose.....but if he was just going down to that tiny of a dose in order to make quitting subs easier, thn he would have quit by now....hes been at that dose for quite some time now, and hes actually been in the microgram range now for even longer.
The main reason, I believe, why the Captain keeps taking such tiny doses of suboxone IV every day, is because it is giving him many beneficail benefits at that dos level. He has talked about how it makes him feel better than any other dose he has been on, also, it acts as an anti-depressant to him I believe, and if im not mistaken, he says that he uses it as a medication to help with his ADD(or ADHD, not sure which one). Even though bupe is not prescribed for that reason, the Captain has found a way to use suboxone so that it seems to help him in that aspect.
Does that clarify things for you?

BTW....all of what I said about Captain.Heroin I learned by speaking to him directly in PM's, or by speaking with him in the open forums.....and there is always a possibility that I got somethign not quite right here, so I jsut wanted to remind you that these ARE NOT the remarks of the Captain himself, and do not directly reflect his views since he is not here typing this. But I do think, from how much I have spoken with him, that I knew what I was talking about. Im sure when the Captain reads this he will come in and say just about everything I said, and more, but in a more intellectual fashion.....I was just trying to explain his "situation" while he wasnt here to do it for himself.

I think you summed my situation up well man. When I was using heroin, I didn't really have any issues with ADHD. Stimulants, like d-amphetamine, can help a lot with ADHD but you can't use it everyday. Inevitably you will gain a tolerance, and the side effects from amphetamines are not pleasant (I cannot imagine myself ever becoming dependent on meth, as fun as using meth is).

Buprenorphine gives me a lot of relief from ADHD (not perfect, like heroin) but also doesn't have any problems that heroin addiction has (other than constipation).

I am, at the moment, not feeling well so if anyone has further questions feel free to ask me. If I missed something, bold it, use a title and a icon for your post so it stands out.

i wonder if the change is testosterone levels affect the fighting in this thread, although seriously back in the day my friend and i would be perfect, go get some suboxone, do it, a little while later we'd be kicking the shit out of each other over such tiny stuff,

LOL, I was just contemplating the very same thing.

used a brown sugar ashtray, that i use for blow, has curved edges so i lost a small chunk....... need to get a pill crusher or something......

or just pay attention

Yeah this is what I used to do, use a pill crusher. It's really easy and works really well.

Last edited:
Captain.....I hope my post about you from last night was correct. I was trying to explain your situation to someone but I didnt want to act like I knew everything about you at the same time. I wasnt sure if I should have talked about your suboxone maintanence but then this guy started acting a fool so I had to explain it to him.
Sry for speaking on your behalf if that was a problem.

No problem man I think you were accurate as can be. :)

I have to run for right now but I'll be online later.

Yeah this is what I used to do, use a pill crusher. It's really easy and works really well.

What I do is chop up the pill as much as I can with a regular razor blade (on a mirror) and then use an empty pill bottle with the top on it to crush it, then go over it again with the razor blade.

I don't want it as fine as baby powder since it's more likely to get in the lungs and this seems to be just about perfect.. no dust, barely and drip/taste.

I'm sure a pill crusher would work better but I've never seen one.. Didn't even know they existed. So... until I get one the top of a script bottle works great.

No one would guess if the less is more still applies after taking adderall, not peaking, but still the day after blahs, and if maybe a 4 or 6mg dose may be better than say 2mg?

i am happier just talking 2mg SL right now...... dosing once a day......

wondering if i can jump down to 1mg tho.....

i am happier just talking 2mg SL right now...... dosing once a day......

wondering if i can jump down to 1mg tho.....

I think you should jump down to 1mg, maybe 1.5 if you want. I think you will be suprised at the effects you get.

I just joined bluelight last night and already I love it.Awesome community of like-minded people

Im glad you enjoy it so much.....have you been a non-member lurker for a while(someone who just reads through the forums/posts but doesnt become a member yet)? Or are you new to Bluelight alltogether?

Im glad you enjoy it so much.....have you been a non-member lurker for a while(someone who just reads through the forums/posts but doesnt become a member yet)? Or are you new to Bluelight alltogether?
Yeha I have been sorta a lurker for some time. I always visited this forum whenever I had any drug related questions. I figured it was time to contribute. I have been addicted to opiates for 10 years so I thought I might have some insight (not to sound like a know-it-all or anything). however am on suboxone now and am getting my shit together finally! thanks~%)

Yeha I have been sorta a lurker for some time. I always visited this forum whenever I had any drug related questions. I figured it was time to contribute. I have been addicted to opiates for 10 years so I thought I might have some insight (not to sound like a know-it-all or anything). however am on suboxone now and am getting my shit together finally! thanks~%)

your story sounds just like mine almost. i was an opiate addict for over 7 years, and an IV heroin addict(MASSIVE amounts of heroin daily) for over 4 years. and i am now in a suboxone program but i am taking such tiny doses(0.5mg's) that im able to not have WD's if I stop taking my subs so I take breaks often to make the euphoria better when I start again and to make sure that im still not addicted to the suboxone. Im almost a month off of the subs this time so far....the longest break yet.
I love it though, are you aware that its possible to get euphoria, energy, and anti-depressant properties(as well as being able to save up all your extra suboxone you dont use) from suboxone at doses lower than 2mg's(...ONLY doses lower than 2 mg's, not higher)? Because thats what I, and many others experience while taking low dose suboxone, especially if taken IV, or rectally. Of course everyone is different and some people may not be able to achieve this but I like to let people know that its a possibility if you wanna think about it. Ive been clean(as in not using illicit drugs,etc...) for a little over 7 months now I think.
How are you doing as far as your sobriety?

your story sounds just like mine almost. i was an opiate addict for over 7 years, and an IV heroin addict(MASSIVE amounts of heroin daily) for over 4 years. and i am now in a suboxone program but i am taking such tiny doses(0.5mg's) that im able to not have WD's if I stop taking my subs so I take breaks often to make the euphoria better when I start again and to make sure that im still not addicted to the suboxone. Im almost a month off of the subs this time so far....the longest break yet.
I love it though, are you aware that its possible to get euphoria, energy, and anti-depressant properties(as well as being able to save up all your extra suboxone you dont use) from suboxone at doses lower than 2mg's(...ONLY doses lower than 2 mg's, not higher)? Because thats what I, and many others experience while taking low dose suboxone, especially if taken IV, or rectally. Of course everyone is different and some people may not be able to achieve this but I like to let people know that its a possibility if you wanna think about it. Ive been clean(as in not using illicit drugs,etc...) for a little over 7 months now I think.
How are you doing as far as your sobriety?[/QUOT

Yeah that does sound alot like me. I first was addicted to oxy's, was up to 200+ MG'S a day then I went cold turkey and managed to stay clean for over a year on my own. Then I moved to East LA and got introduced to heroin. Within a few days I was doing it at least 5 times a day and selling it to support my habit. After my roomate died from an O.D I moved back to minneapolis but my addiction followed me. I used heroin for about six years and it ruined my life. I was doing up to 8 bags of dope a day(on a good day),living on the street, living on random peoples couches. O.D'D several times. Then one day a little over a year ago I dropped acid with one of my friends and it was like someone hitting me in the head with a baseball bat yelling WAKE UP!!WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOURSELF!!YOUR GOING TO DIE LIKE THIS!!It was a wake up call. The next day I saw my case worker and told her I needed treatment. They put me in detox For three days and would only give me fucking benadrill. I seriously thought I was going to die.Then they found a bed for me at a treatment center and I was released. I scored one last time b4 I left to go to treatment, did it and I was done. They put me on Subutex for the first week which helped alot. I really never bought into their program I believe we always have a choice in whatever wo do in life. Support is great and all but ultimately ONLY YOU can decide to stay clean. I dont buy into saying I am powerless or that addiction is a disease,but thats just me. Programs like that for me feel like they are programming everyone to be the same and think the same, to give up control and hand your life over like we are sheep. ANYWAY, after treatment I found a suboxone DR and have been doing that ever since. Been cleen a little over a year. Havent ever been much of a drinker but havent even touched alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.