• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
sixpartseven said:
Theres a theory that low doses of naloxone/naltrexone can lower opiate tolerance if taken with other opiates. So by that logic, taking the naloxone with the suboxone should lower your tolerance some.

Even if that isnt the case, I have noticed that your tolerance does tend to shrink over time when on suboxone. I dont know if it can happen over just a few days, but it can definitely happen over a larger time span (multiple months) if you dont over-do it with the suboxone. My tolerance to heroin now is smaller than it was 15 months ago.

no way man... i was on fuckin 0.3mg a day for 6 months and my tolerance SKY-ROCKETED... usually 30-40mg of roxicodone/oxycontin would be enough to get me high if i IV'd, plugged or even sniffed/swallowed it.. .but if i took 2 or 3 days off from my tiny dose of sub i'd need 90-150mg to feel anything..it sucked...

sixpartseven said:
For someone who has little to no tolerance for opiates, a dose of 1mg or 2mg is more than enough.

I'm guessing 1 - 2mg is for someone taking it orally? It doesn't say in the Bioavailability thread the % for plugging but I remember reading it's alot better.
Think 1.4 mgs plugged is good for someone without a tolerance?

malfunction,

you may find (like many have), that buprenorphine and tramadol synergise one another (buph doesn't block the tramadol). It is a fairly unique, and quirky unexpected mechanism involving serotonin mesolimbic system, and how the opioid receptors in CNS respond to an inital downregulation (caused by you fooling your system). The same goes for Subutex (straight bup) and tramadol. Think of bup as, essentially, an antagonist (for the classically addicted, high dose patient), and essentially as an agonist (for everyone else).

enoughorangejuice? said:
no way man... i was on fuckin 0.3mg a day for 6 months and my tolerance SKY-ROCKETED... usually 30-40mg of roxicodone/oxycontin would be enough to get me high if i IV'd, plugged or even sniffed/swallowed it.. .but if i took 2 or 3 days off from my tiny dose of sub i'd need 90-150mg to feel anything..it sucked...

Everyone is different. Are you saying my tolerance isnt lower now? It used to take me at least a gram to be high. Now I can get really high on 3 -4 bags.

malfunkshun said:
Here's a question. Does taking suboxone lower your opiate tolerance? The reason why I ask is I snorted 8 mg yesterday (I have a pretty high tolerance I guess, because all it did was kind of relax me) and today, about 20 hours after I snorted it, I took my usual dose of tramadol to keep me from going into withdrawals (I try to keep it at a daily maintenance dose, but every few days I slip and just fucking get high on em) and the regular maintenance dose almost gave me a buzz.

I haven't taken any tramadol since the day before yesterday, I decided to just snort the sub yesterday to keep wd's at bay and maybe catch a buzz, and today I noticed wd's creeping up and took the low dose of tramadol that usually won't do shit except keep me straight. And now I swear I'm feeling just a touch of a buzz. It usually takes about 5 times more tramadol than my maintanence dose to catch a buzz.

So, my question is: will taking suboxone once in a while lower my tolerance for other opiates, making it easier to taper more quickly?

actually man tramadol + Suboxone actually works together, swim gets 60 50mg Tramadols a month and swim is currently taking 200mgs everyday with 1-2mg dose of Suboxone and the two work very nice together... anyone else combine trams with subs?

Last edited:
I do.
4mg suboxone a day, and when I'm in pain (shoulder), I take tramadol on top and it helps a bit. I take anywhere from 150-300mg for this purpose. I mostly feel the SNRI effects, such as increased energy and slight nausea, but I also get some pain relief.

JahRed24x said:
actually man tramadol + Suboxone actually works together, swim gets 60 50mg Tramadols a month and swim is currently taking 200mgs everyday with 1-2mg dose of Suboxone and the two work very nice together... anyone else combine trams with subs?

Stop using SWIM. It doesnt protect you.

Plus, you are talking about legally acquired medications. What do you have to hide?

[Keep the random, pointless posts in the Social Thread. We dont want to clog these threads up with nonsense so it's easier for people to find the information they are looking for. No one wants to sift through a bunch of crap to find their information. And I wasnt whining. No one takes your seriously here if you use SWIM. - 6/7]

Last edited by a moderator:
what? Were you trying to be an asshole to me 6part7?

Yes suboxone is a very good drug to use to detox from opiates. Are you urself on subs 6part7? if so what dose?

^ No, I wasnt trying to be an asshole to you. My comment was sarcasm directed at sarbanes.

Yes, I am on suboxone, and have been for 16 months. 4 - 6mg a day, and I am currently trying to taper down to nothing so I can get off.

I don't. I'd much rather be perceived as a nice guy. This world has far too many assholes. Glad your aware of your condition at least.

^ lol what the hell is your problem? Did I close one of your threads or something? I wouldn't be surprised. People would be less offended if I fucked their wife.

^ (I don't know anyone that likes sarbanes. He has a chip on his shoulder and picks fights with people for no reason.)

damn.

I got my first bottle of suboxone today. (60, 8mg)

When i recieved this bottle my plan was to take my first dose tomorrow morning because at the time my last shot was taken at 5am, 9/23.

I ended up scoring, and now my last shot was taken at 3:32pm, 9/24

I fucked myself over and i'm gonna be sick all day at school and work tomorrow.

I should've waited...

Does that mean you took a shot at 3:32 pm today?
If so, you will wake up in something like 15-20 hours (6:30-11:30). If you feel sick when you wake up, you could probably take the suboxone in the morning, most people are in the clear within 16-20 hours. If not just wait bit and take it as soon as you feel sick, and you will feel better in an hour or two. Works for me at least...

I usually feel sick an hour after waking up if my last fix was at least 4 hours before bed. I wake up at 5. I have school at 7:30 and i'd like to be fine for that.

I'm just hellishly scared of the precipitated(sp?) withdrawals.

The H i do is tar, all you can get in dallas. Its good, for tar, but compared to the potency of others, its nothing.

I do about a g a day. which compared to lets say some NY brown would be about, tar being 30% (IF THAT) of the NY brown.

Think it'd be ok to dose around 6:30?

plus i was broke today and only got to do a measly 2 points so i only got off once today

EDIT: and actually i'm already having gut problems come on. chills.

^ Thats why I don't really follow the rules of X-Y hours.
The only thing I use to gauge whether or not I should suboxone is if I feel withdrawals creeping in. As soon as I feel sick, the point where I say "I need to dose now," I know its time to (safely) take suboxone.

Status
Not open for further replies.