• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys like bupe as a recreational drug? I just got some and have no opiate tolerance, so I just snorted a very small line, but I don't know what to think. There's an odd buzzing feeling in my head which I'm not sure if I like or if it's just annoying. Maybe I just need to do a little more..

I've been trying to read as much of this thread as possible and I did search a lot, so forgive me if this was asked already... I'm not Rx'd sub so I don't take it often but I got some from a friend that takes it. I was an OC abuser for years and I took(snorted) 4mg of sub yesterday (about 20 hours ago) and it was a blast and still shows some effects now. My question is when would be a good time to take the other half of the 8mg pill? I know that it can throw you into withdraw of you take normal opiates too soon before hand but I was sure about taking sub itself...

^you can take it whenever you want. bupe will effect other opioids but it wont do anything bad if you have already taken it. so yeah, ur fine to take it whenever.

johanneschimpo said:
^ Agreed. Though I don't really 'feel' my daily dose anymore, about an hour after dosing I always have a STRONG urge to smoke a cigarette.

Amen. It feels just as satisfying as it is when smoking that cigarette during an H rush too.

medicine cabinet said:
^you can take it whenever you want. bupe will effect other opioids but it wont do anything bad if you have already taken it. so yeah, ur fine to take it whenever.

This is true. If all you are taking is bupe, you can take more whenever you need to. More bupe will not cause withdrawals if bupe is the only thing in your system. You only need to worry if you have taken other full agonist drugs recently. Its perfectly ok to take a full agonist after taking bupe, its taking bupe after full agonists that you need to be careful. (this is directed to Oxydiazecontin)

to the person wanting to know when they can take the other half of their bupe: you can take the other half whenever you want as stated above, but it stays in your system much longer. So if you re-dose after the initial high, say 12 hours after peak, you ill still have a good amount in your system and it has been my personal experience that it takes much less to do the job. what im trying to say is if you do another 4mg you could get sick. bupe is strong shit. be safe, -Spaz-

How bout the BA of naloxone through different MoA's...?

SL its pretty much inactive or so they say (reckitt has said many things about suboxone that are just not true... for example, shooting subs will throw you into withdrawal... only true for people using OTHER opioids, and thats bupe, not naloxone).

Oh, i also wanna add that on a dose of about 6mg, MDXX works just fine, so does any stimulant, etc, but things like lsd and mushrooms seem to be a little dulled down.. at least IME

Naloxone's BA doesn't matter if you're taking it in combination with buprenorphine. Bupe's affinity is greater and won't allow the naloxone to get on your receptors.

phrozen, you think bupe actually decreases the efficiency of LSD? (as i said, MDA and MDMA work _very_ well regardless). I am stabilized on a dose of like 6mg, but I only take 4mg the day i drop acid, and it seems to be fine... it *works*... however, the experience seems to have lost something...

Also, every other drug, including dexamph, ketamine, amph/meth, cocaine, pretty much all uppers seem to still work just like they used to, if not better... also, it may help to know that bupe does not get me high, only for the first week or less.

Btw, unrelated, but still about suboxone, i have heard that opiate ANTAGONISTS can damage the mu-opioid receptors... ive heard this is true for naloxone, but not buprenorphine if it is working as an agonist (as ur well aware, it can be either one depending on whether u got opiates in ur receptors).

Is this true? and if so, wouldnt suboxone be toxic? (ill try to find some abstracts or something which i will post)

phrozen, you think bupe actually decreases the efficiency of LSD? (as i said, MDA and MDMA work _very_ well regardless). I am stabilized on a dose of like 6mg, but I only take 4mg the day i drop acid, and it seems to be fine... it *works*... however, the experience seems to have lost something...
I don't know much about LSD, or MDA, MDMA, etc.

I haven't heard of antagonists causing any damage. It's my understanding that naloxone just sits on your mu receptors(kappa and delta as well) but doesn't activate them. Its affinity is stronger than most opiates, which is why it works at reversing their effects and "blocking" them.

do you guys get sick/nauseous when smoking stogs while being on suboxone? i read that some people puke after a few drags of cigarette while on bupe maintanence... so i've been afraid to smoke tobacco (including smoking pot in blunts)...

FractalStructure said:
phrozen, you think bupe actually decreases the efficiency of LSD?

Only to the extent that you're on a downer so it'll slightly weaken the up-like effects of LSD. Other than that, I've dropped acid on suboxone, and its really no different than taking it on its own. Its nothing like taking a benzo with LSD, thats for sure.

(Plus, if you get high from your suboxone- most people don't; I know I don't- but if you do, an opiate high plus LSD is a beautiful feeling)

^^ opiates + LSD is indeed a wonderful feeling, although the 'cid usually starts to overpower the effects of the opiates (unless you take a higher than normal dose) but thats ok. :)

i've taken LSD on suboxone and not on it, and i noticed little-to-no difference in the effects of the LSD.

enoughorangejuice? said:
do you guys get sick/nauseous when smoking stogs while being on suboxone? i read that some people puke after a few drags of cigarette while on bupe maintanence... so i've been afraid to smoke tobacco (including smoking pot in blunts)...

Not at all. In fact, I must smoke a cigarette when my suboxone begins to kick in. I smoke like I normally do while on it too. It doesnt make me sick at all.

Its probably people that get high off suboxone that puke when they smoke on it. Its easy for cigarettes to increase the nausea when high on opiates.

I just got on the Suboxone train yesterday afternoon! Starting with 4x4mg per day, 16 mg per day total. I'm already a completely different person... I was actually overly outgoing all throughout the day, talking to new people like old friends and making out well in a job interview - this *never* happens, such fearless social interaction! I can't ever build up the courage to be even slightly extroverted. No cravings, either, I actually turned down a couple free 15 mg oxycodone.

I hope the great effects maintain at this level, or something similar. My only complaint so far is this headache which has just developed in the past hour.

Thanks for all the great info, BLers... and specifically thanks to all those who posted in this life-saver of a thread! <3 =D

Ive been on suboxone for a year and a half now. I started on 16mg a day and in the past 6 months have been taking about 8mg a day, and the past week Ive only been taking about 4mg a day. Im wondering, how much would I need to get high? I used to haveabout a 160-200mg oxycontin habit, or a few bags of dope...Right now I feel like I can use an opiate and be fine, no lectures, I know Im playing with fire, but Ive been clean for a long time and have plenty of bupe to take a couple days off and embrace the opiate warmth again! But im saying, I stopped at around 160mgs of Oxycontin a day, now almost 2 years later Im taking about 4 mg a day, I could taper down in a week easily and get some percosets, oxys, vicodins, moprhine, whtever. Im just wonderng how much would I need to get nice and high, the same amount as when I was using before? 2-4 OC80's? I cant afford that really.I was hoping I could pick up maybe a bunch of Vicodin, Percosets, or maybe some OC's but I dont wanna be spendng too much , at the same time I wanna make sure its worth getting off the bupe an Ill get what Im looking for. My dope dealer is in jail so heroin isnt in the question right now. Thanks yall, this thread rules, especially for a bupe fiend like me.:)

i dont think you'll get high from the bupe, or the high you're looking for...i never did besides the first time i ever went on bupe after 4 days off a 1.5 year morphine/oxy habit, bupe's effects aren't recreational for me, no matter at what dose...or in combination with anything, usually valium + pot + diphenhydramine make opiates heavenly for me, but not with suboxone... i dont know.. everyone's different.

Yo- enoughorangejuice...
if your post was directed to me, i meant , how much woud I need to get high on a full antagonist opiate, not suboxone, Im talking about getting OFF the subs for a few days and getting some Ocs/Percs/Morphine/etc. I was trying to ask, giving my prior tolerance to oxycontin (160-200mg) and heroin (no more than 5 bags, and ended up in detox before i got to into the skag)....im saying, its been a year and a half since ive touched any REAL opiates, ive been on suboxone since then...but I want to get high on some real shit. Believe me I know I cant get high on my Subs..Im trying to gauge how much I would need in terms of MG's that would take to get high...Like if I got off the subs for 2 dys (gradually dropping from 4mg to 0mg) would I still have to go out and buy 2 0c80's for a 1 day high? or would I be able to maybe buy a bunch of 40s and get high for a couple days..I realize theres no guaranteed way to know, Im just wondering from everyones personal experience with this. Did you have to go straight back to your huge opiate dose to get high? Im wondering mainly oxys, methadone, percs, vicodin, morphine. I dont IV. Thanks !

Last edited:
Just tried shooting 2mg. There is no rush, but it definately works. Kinda feel like I'm rolling now....heh. %)

Status
Not open for further replies.