• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone/bupe tolerance reset

Kizaru

Bluelighter
Hi bluelight members ,

I was wondering how long it takes for bupe tolerance to go away ? I want to take a little for my dexamphetamine comedown right now and have not used bupe for a couple of days . Before i have abused it for like 1.5 week 1/2mg range 24 hour . I have only tried snorting so far but i am still curious how oral works , is there any difference recreational wise ? The only thing i heard is oral makes you sick/puke alot faster compared to snorting . Any info would be appreciated !

It doesn’t work orally. You don’t eat subs.Do you mean sublingually?like How you are supposed to take them,under the tongue or on the inside of the cheek.
And this and the tolerance depends on many many things, it can be complicated. Taking a decent break from subs should help but at the same time with opiates/ opioids you eventually build a tolerance that sort of stays in a way.

For example, I used to do heroin for years and now hydrocodone doesn’t do anything to me really and one 30mgs of oxy just puts me in a good mood. I’d have to take 60mgs or more to feel anything.
And I don’t use opiates/ opioids daily anymore.i don’t even do them anymore but still right before I fully stopped and quit I’d not take any opiates/ opioids for a few months and still the hydro and oxy thing still was like that. Also when I had to get oral surgery the anesthesiologist gave me a IV dose of fentanyl for the pain and the first dose,the average dose didn’t do anything for the pain so the doctor had to give me more.

Last edited:
It doesn’t work orally. You don’t eat subs.Do you mean sublingually?like How you are supposed to take them,under the tongue or on the inside of the cheek.
And this and the tolerance depends on many many things, it can be complicated. Taking a decent break from subs should help but at the same time with opiates/ opioids you eventually build a tolerance that sort of stays in a way.

For example, I used to do heroin for years and now hydrocodone doesn’t do anything to me really and one 30mgs of oxy just puts me in a good mood. I’d have to take 60mgs or more to feel anything.
And I don’t use opiates/ opioids daily anymore.i don’t even do them anymore but still right before I fully stopped and quit I’d not take any opiates/ opioids for a few months and still the hydro and oxy thing still was like that. Also when I had to get oral surgery the anesthesiologist gave me a IV dose of fentanyl for the pain and the first dose,the average dose didn’t do anything for the pain so the doctor had to give me more.
I ment sublingual sorry .

Yeah but it seems suboxone causes tolerance to recreational effects much faster . That is what it initially designed for right ?

Yeah but it seems suboxone causes tolerance to recreational effects much faster . That is what it initially designed for right ?
Idk but true, you do develop a bup/sub tolerance super fast compared to using other opiates /opioids. 🤔

Good point. With heroin or real oxy you stay at the same dose for a decent amount of time and be good and happy. But your right ,with bup/subs the next time you do them you don’t feel much or you just feel “normal”. Or just after a couple times doing bup/sub.often you don’t feel much or anything except maybe a tiny bit of a better mood. Your body does get way too used to them super fast.
.it’s interesting to think about actually.

Good point. With heroin or real oxy you stay at the same dose for a decent amount of time and be good and happy. But your right ,with bup/subs the next time you do them you don’t feel much or you just feel “normal”. Or just after a couple times doing bup/sub.often you don’t feel much or anything except maybe a tiny bit of a better mood. Your body does get way too used to them super fast.
.it’s interesting to think about actually.
Yeah it seemed to go away pretty fast . I was actually trying it for depression , i have no opioide abuse history . It seems like it could take the edge of depression temperoraly and i don't want to mess with ssri's again . Thanks for your information !

By the way i took 0.5 alprazolam and 40mg baclofen with my 0.35 suboxone (snorted) is this very dangerous ? I know these shoudn't be combined but because i was coming of a ghb binge i always take some baclofen . Baclofen doesnt rlly have any cns depression for me and 0.5 alpra is kinda low dose i have some tolerance. But i want to make sure its not something crazy . I do just have a natural high tolerance for downers , Heck i can't even pass out from ghb . Also how does to much cns depression work like will this always result in passing out and nodd off ? I mean if you are just awake and can do your thing are you then sure there isn't to much cns depression or how does this work actually if you understand what i mean ?

By the way i took 0.5 alprazolam and 40mg baclofen with my 0.35 suboxone (snorted) is this very dangerous ? I know these shoudn't be combined but because i was coming of a ghb binge i always take some baclofen . Baclofen doesnt rlly have any cns depression for me and 0.5 alpra is kinda low dose i have some tolerance. But i want to make sure its not something crazy . I do just have a natural high tolerance for downers , Heck i can't even pass out from ghb . Also how does to much cns depression work like will this always result in passing out and nodd off ? I mean if you are just awake and can do your thing are you then sure there isn't to much cns depression or how does this work actually if you understand what i mean ?
I don’t know anything about baclofen.
CNS depression is when you take too many downers at once and you nod out/off and since they are all downers they make your lungs slow down until you stop breathing and then you overdose and die but that isn’t very common with Suboxone but still you should be careful. It’s still possible.

Your central nervous system slows down and gets depressed which can be dangerous or deadly. Your lungs forget to breathe and stop working.
Sometimes when combining downers you will nod out more than you usually would and you could feel sleepy. All the downers together synergize and enhance each other. Which can be dangerous sometimes or it just makes you nod out more because all The downers you take potentiate each other when taken together.

You should really do some more research and reading on the Internet about these drugs and mixing them don’t just only go on here and ask questions you should know as much as you can about the drugs that you take to be safe and to be knowledgeable.

I’ve overdosed and almost died six years ago from mixing too many downers and it’s one of the reasons why I’m sober right now.

Do you mind if I ask how old you are?are you a teenager or are you in your early 20s or something or are you just really brand new to drugs? I’m in my 30s and spent most of my 20s addicted to oxys and heroin.

I don’t know anything about baclofen.
CNS depression is when you take too many downers at once and you nod out/off and since they are all downers they make your lungs slow down until you stop breathing and then you overdose and die but that isn’t very common with Suboxone but still you should be careful. It’s still possible.

Your central nervous system slows down and gets depressed which can be dangerous or deadly. Your lungs forget to breathe and stop working.
Sometimes when combining downers you will nod out more than you usually would and you could feel sleepy. All the downers together synergize and enhance each other. Which can be dangerous sometimes or it just makes you nod out more because all The downers you take potentiate each other when taken together.

You should really do some more research and reading on the Internet about these drugs and mixing them don’t just only go on here and ask questions you should know as much as you can about the drugs that you take to be safe and to be knowledgeable.

I’ve overdosed and almost died six years ago from mixing too many downers and it’s one of the reasons why I’m sober right now.
Combinations always have a warning like a red warning but most of the times its still safe in small amounts . Thats why i ask on a drugs forum because i rather take info from experienced users , and this is a drugs forum which even has a "harm reduction" sub . So isn't this the right place to ask these kind of questions ? Ofcourse i know the basic stuff . And i was strictly talking about small amounts .
But thanks for the warning , also about addiction i don't take oxy or heroïne hell i can't even get that. I only try suboxone some times and getting addicted to that rlly doesnt seem logic cause any recreational effects subside pretty quick . You can still form dependancy obviously but thats not the same thing .

Do you mind if I ask how old you are?are you a teenager or are you in your early 20s or something or are you just really brand new to drugs? I’m in my 30s and spent most of my 20s addicted to oxys and heroin.
No i am 32 , and yes i am a experienced user .

Yeah it seemed to go away pretty fast . I was actually trying it for depression , i have no opioide abuse history . It seems like it could take the edge of depression temperoraly and i don't want to mess with ssri's again . Thanks for your information !
You should be very careful. Most people ,including myself ,get/ got addicted to opioids because of taking them for depression. It often vastly increases your chance of becoming addicted …and they help with depression at first but then they can very easily mess your life up and then you suffer even more. Way Way more. So it’s not ideal to get into them when you are depressed or to take them to help with depression. Honestly.
But I can’t tell you what to do,I’m just saying and telling you stuff I wish I would of known 10 years ago when i started taking them. I spent 10 years addicted. And just because you have no history of addiction doesn’t mean you won’t become addicted.

I’m taking forever to type cuz my phone is freaking out on me , being weird and it keeps trying to add words out of nowhere.

Also I’ve never done GHB but it is also a CNS depressant. A downer.

You should be very careful. Most people ,including myself ,get/ got addicted to opioids because of taking them for depression. It often vastly increases your chance of becoming addicted …and they help with depression at first but then they can very easily mess your life up and then you suffer even more. Way Way more. So it’s not ideal to get into them when you are depressed or to take them to help with depression. Honestly.
But I can’t tell you what to do,I’m just saying and telling you stuff I wish I would of known 10 years ago when i started taking them. I spent 10 years addicted. And just because you have no history of addiction doesn’t mean you won’t become addicted.

I’m taking forever to type cuz my phone is freaking out on me , being weird and it keeps trying to add words out of nowhere.
I definitely get your point on addiction , taking a drug that eases depression will almost certainly lead to addiction, i experienced this with ghb . Was addicted to that stuff for years . But not taking anything will lead to severe depression and suicidal . Sometimes for some people taking certain drugs is the only way to not kill yourself . In my opinion this is why addiction is so difficult to treat . If other stuff trying for depression like stupid therapy or talking to a stupid incompetent psychologist doesn't help you just take drugs . Because being addicted still is less worse then feeling non stop depressed and suicidal . This is pretty much my problem as always .

Also I’ve never done GHB but it is also a CNS depressant. A downer.
Yeah ghb is definitely a downer but also a stimulant . Ghb should not be combined with an opioide . Ghb has much more cns depressant effect then benzo's have . And opioide have more cns depression effect then both ghb and benzo's at least the stronger one's like oxy and heroïne . Suboxone is softer and safer .

Combinations always have a warning like a red warning but most of the times its still safe in small amounts . Thats why i ask on a drugs forum because i rather take info from experienced users , and this is a drugs forum which even has a "harm reduction" sub . So isn't this the right place to ask these kind of questions ? Ofcourse i know the basic stuff . And i was strictly talking about small amounts .
But thanks for the warning , also about addiction i don't take oxy or heroïne hell i can't even get that. I only try suboxone some times and getting addicted to that rlly doesnt seem logic cause any recreational effects subside pretty quick . You can still form dependancy obviously but thats not the same thing .
For sure I’m just really tired and haven’t slept and to me at least it just sounded like you haven’t read that much about these drugs. But idk I could be wrong.
And people do get addicted to subs when that’s the only opioid they’ve done or do.
But yes, the subs stop getting you high when you take them too much usually.
Idk why a moderator on here hasn’t said anything to you. They know a lot.

For sure I’m just really tired and haven’t slept and to me at least it just sounded like you haven’t read that much about these drugs. But idk I could be wrong.
And people do get addicted to subs when that’s the only opioid they’ve done or do.
But yes, the subs stop getting you high when you take them too much usually.
Idk why a moderator on here hasn’t said anything to you. They know a lot.
Np man i am fine :)

I definitely get your point on addiction , taking a drug that eases depression will almost certainly lead to addiction, i experienced this with ghb . Was addicted to that stuff for years . But not taking anything will lead to severe depression and suicidal . Sometimes for some people taking certain drugs is the only way to not kill yourself . In my opinion this is why addiction is so difficult to treat . If other stuff trying for depression like stupid therapy or talking to a stupid incompetent psychologist doesn't help you just take drugs . Because being addicted still is less worse then feeling non stop depressed and suicidal . This is pretty much my problem as always .
Honestly therapy isn’t stupid and it’s the answer for depression. Doing Drugs is not the answer for depression really. Most people are just scared of therapy,which is understandable . Using drugs helps in the begging but then they make things worse. You’re doing a bit of black and white thinking saying that doing drugs is the only way to feel better and get better. Life is more complex than that.

I asked your age because you sound naive ,no offense honestly. I’m not insulting you or anything I’ve just been where you are and suffered even more from drugs. They stop helping eventually.

I used to think kind of similar as you when I was in my early 20s. I was suicidal and I have childhood complex PTSD. In the end you just wind up still depressed or even more depressed with drug issues which makes things even worse. And Or the drugs don’t do it for you anymore. They are a band aid , not a cure. Being addicted will eventually make you more depressed. Especially with damn tolerances too.

But you probably won’t listen to me though since you think drugs are the answer for your problems and you think therapy is stupid.
Drugs are not a healthy coping mechanism.

Psychedelics can sometimes help with depression though. Mushrooms or lsd. As long as they aren’t abused.

But I get it. You don’t have to listen to me.
Ah I have to pass out I’m too tired to type ad my phone is tweaking out on me.
You should try to do more things that you love. Art? Sports? Music? Something.
Eventually you will be on drugs and still suicidal

BUT with your question keep it at low doses and you probably shouldn’t mix GHB with the drugs your taking so if you were doing GHB and your coming down off of it stick with low doses. Of your going to take stuff. Snorting bup/subs just has a higher bioavailability than taking subs sublingually.

And the only way to lower the sub tolerance is to take breaks. Ideally a month break… or a few weeks. Sometimes even a few months break but that depends on your drug use history& how much sub you’ve been taking lately.

Have you felt any sub WDs yet? For me they would mostly make me hot or cold for a few weeks and it’s really Annoying. Cold half the day then hot the other half.

All opioid /opiate WDs cause even more suffering . A lot of people quit because they get tired of being sick in WD all the time. You eventually become sick most of the time instead of high to the point where the high isn’t worth the WDing anymore. And if you think your suicidal now just wait until you go through opioid WDs often.

Just be careful and be safe. Keep the doses low if you are going to do them. If you choose to do them.

Honestly therapy isn’t stupid and it’s the answer for depression. Doing Drugs is not the answer for depression really. Most people are just scared of therapy,which is understandable . Using drugs helps in the begging but then they make things worse. You’re doing a bit of black and white thinking saying that doing drugs is the only way to feel better and get better. Life is more complex than that.

I asked your age because you sound naive ,no offense honestly. I’m not insulting you or anything I’ve just been where you are and suffered even more from drugs. They stop helping eventually.

I used to think kind of similar as you when I was in my early 20s. I was suicidal and I have childhood complex PTSD. In the end you just wind up still depressed or even more depressed with drug issues which makes things even worse. And Or the drugs don’t do it for you anymore. They are a band aid , not a cure. Being addicted will eventually make you more depressed. Especially with damn tolerances too.

But you probably won’t listen to me though since you think drugs are the answer for your problems and you think therapy is stupid.
Drugs are not a healthy coping mechanism.

Psychedelics can sometimes help with depression though. Mushrooms or lsd. As long as they aren’t abused.

But I get it. You don’t have to listen to me.
Ah I have to pass out I’m too tired to type ad my phone is tweaking out on me.
You should try to do more things that you love. Art? Sports? Music? Something.
Eventually you will be on drugs and still suicidal

BUT with your question keep it at low doses and you probably shouldn’t mix GHB with the drugs your taking so if you were doing GHB and your coming down off of it stick with low doses. Of your going to take stuff. Snorting bup/subs just has a higher bioavailability than taking subs sublingually.

And the only way to lower the sub tolerance is to take breaks. Ideally a month break… or a few weeks. Sometimes even a few months break but that depends on your drug use history& how much sub you’ve been taking lately.

Have you felt any sub WDs yet? For me they would mostly make me hot or cold for a few weeks and it’s really Annoying. Cold half the day then hot the other half.

All opioid /opiate WDs cause even more suffering . A lot of people quit because they get tired of being sick in WD all the time. You eventually become sick most of the time instead of high to the point where the high isn’t worth the WDing anymore. And if you think your suicidal now just wait until you go through opioid WDs often.

Just be careful and be safe. Keep the doses low if you are going to do them. If you choose to do them.
Also i never talked about taking oxy or heroïne for depression but suboxone . It is actually studied and people are actually trying to approve it for treatment resistent forms of depression .