• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Suboxone; always withdrawing?

fixedfaleina

Greenlighter
So I've been on a low dose of Suboxone. Im pretty much constant withdrawal. I wasn't that physically dependent the last time I decided to get clean but I was too dependent to cold turkey, I couldn't deal w it, so I was put on Suboxone. At the time I wanted to be clean so I decided to really give it a try. Well, it's fucking bullshit. I've been in constant withdrawal since the day I went on the medication. I know that this is because I'm always taking it "wrong" There's SO MANY WAYS TO TAKE THIS SHIT WRONG. I know my dose is probably too small but I'm terrified if I up it, I'll never get off it. And that scares me because I'm terrified it'll build up in my system and I won't be able to get high for a long time and I don't want to commit to that, that might not even be true but the way my brain works, WONT let me see it any other way. But I have so many more reasons why I hate this medication, if I miss my dose by a couple hours because I will ALWAYS do that, no matter what I do. But if I do, I will be in WITHDRAWALS for DAYS. like what??!! I couldn't tell ya. Honestly no matter what I do with this fucking medication I END UP IN WITHDRAWALS. It doesn't work. And there's NO way in hell I'm going up in doses. I had the same problem on 2-8 twice a day. Once a day is ALL I CAN TAKE. Because at least since I'm on such a tiny dose the withdrawals are manageable and by manageable I mean barely tolerable with a spoonful of suicidal ideation. This medication is so finicky and the side effects are NASTY. Sorry if I sound mad. I'm really just in the worst suboxone withdrawals yet and I'm so tired. This medication is taking so much out of me. Anyways, is anyone else going through this? Is it just me? Are the others any better? It'd be really great to hear someone elses experience.

It sounds like theres a big heap of psychosomatic shit going on here too. I dont know how long you've been on it, but if you were on 2-8mg a day for a while, theres definitely something else there thats likely not straight up withdrawals. PAWS, or issues you're inadvertently causing yourself mentally without wanting to. If you've been on it for a long while, are taking it properly, and it relatively the same times of the day, its likely something else. If you dose a few hours late, you shouldnt be in withdrawals for days after.

Im not trying to belittle you, or tell you you're not feeling what you're feeling, but the signs all point to another issue or something exacerbating your mental health. PAWS, etc. Maybe you're allergic to naloxone and need to switch to subutex. The best thing would prolly be to talk to whoever prescribes you about whats going on and how you feel. You'd be surprised how just getting an explanation for whats happening to you can really ease symptoms.

I s
It sounds like theres a big heap of psychosomatic shit going on here too. I dont know how long you've been on it, but if you were on 2-8mg a day for a while, theres definitely something else there thats likely not straight up withdrawals. PAWS, or issues you're inadvertently causing yourself mentally without wanting to. If you've been on it for a long while, are taking it properly, and it relatively the same times of the day, its likely something else. If you dose a few hours late, you shouldnt be in withdrawals for days after.

Im not trying to belittle you, or tell you you're not feeling what you're feeling, but the signs all point to another issue or something exacerbating your mental health. PAWS, etc. Maybe you're allergic to naloxone and need to switch to subutex. The best thing would prolly be to talk to whoever prescribes you about whats going on and how you feel. You'd be surprised how just getting an explanation for whats happening to you can really ease symptoms.

Thank you so much for you thoughts! I can definitely see what you mean. I do have a load of other mental issues, autism etc. So I very well could be a combination of things. I totally forgot all about paws, so I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm also PMSing, which definitely doesn't help anything lol. Some more backstory, I forgot to mention, I've been on Suboxone for about two years now I think. I should also let u know, when I'm in withdrawals, I get runny nose and eyes, cold sweats, fever, goosebumps, crippling pain, etc.

So it really seems to be the symptoms you'd get from Suboxone withdrawals. Also I do try to take it on time but I always fail. I just feel like there's such a narrow margin for success with this medication, I don't see a point in it for me. I often times forget, I've tried to use tools to remind myself but I always forget anyway, I only remember once I'm in withdrawals and if I take the medication at that point, I stay in withdrawals (Less severe I will say). I do get days where this medication helps, I get days where during the day I'm totally normal, which is great. But the times I'm in withdrawals, worry me because it gets increasingly hard to not relapse. I believe it to be the Suboxone just because of how and when the withdrawals start and stop depending how I take the med. If I take it at 9 am everyday I will always be sick in the morning, so I think the problem is that I don't take a strip twice a day. I mean I think If I take once in the morning and once at night, it'd stop the withdrawals but I don't wanna start a higher dose. Does Subutex cause that same thing? I'm scared to try anything else I'm so worried it'll be the same. Also I definitely plan on telling my provider, my appointment is really far out so I'm trying to stick it out till then. I think the best way to describe this is, it doesn't feel that different than when I was an addict on the streets but without the high and MUCH less agonizing. Buts it's that never ending chase to feel better. But idk I could be making it harder without knowing it, I've definitely been putting up w it for a while so, it cant be that bad anyway.

Maybe you are allergic to naloxone? Try subutex? A lot of this may be psychosomatic but you may also be allergic to naloxone

Tell your doctor you think you are allergic and why and do t ask for it but he will likely offer subutex

I am going in the shot next week. Brixaldi. On strips right now. I wouldn’t suggest the shot until you know it’s what you want and your not allergic tho I don’t think naloxone is in the shot

First question I have… Are you on brand name or generic?

I ask cuz I’ve been on Suboxone for a long time now, and any time I try any generic I go into WD and even 3x to 4x the dosage won’t cover me like brand name does. Each generic does this to varying degrees. From worst to best; Dr Reddy, Alvogen, and Mylan being the best but still feel it after a couple days.

There’s tons of reports mimicking my experience too.

-GC

I ask cuz I’ve been on Suboxone for a long time now, and any time I try any generic I go into WD and even 3x to 4x the dosage won’t cover me like brand name does. Each generic does this to varying degrees. From worst to best; Dr Reddy, Alvogen, and Mylan being the best but still feel it after a couple days.

-GC
I do agree. I have both dr teddy’s amd
The yellow one I forget the brand and the yellow is far better but reddys still does the job for me just not as good.

So I agree. I think it’s that whole they are allowed to be plus or minus 20 percent the same as the name brand or somethiing

I do agree. I have both dr teddy’s amd
The yellow one I forget the brand and the yellow is far better but reddys still does the job for me just not as good.

So I agree. I think it’s that whole they are allowed to be plus or minus 20 percent the same as the name brand or somethiing

That’s thing though, even upping the dose doesn’t cut it.

The biggest difference for me is the nasty fucked up headaches I get from generics, which I don’t get with brand name. Sucks cuz generics are so much easier to get.

-GC

That’s thing though, even upping the dose doesn’t cut it.

The biggest difference for me is the nasty fucked up headaches I get from generics, which I don’t get with brand name. Sucks cuz generics are so much easier to get.

-GC
Ya know, this is the first week I had dez reddys and I did get a headache now that I think about it. Minor but concerned me because I had a stroke a year ago that felt similiar but now that I hear this is somewhat relieving.

Okay, I just checked and the usual one I get is alvigen. I think those are better than reddys because I don’t get headaches with them and I feel them stronger.

-GC
Hmm that's so interesting, I am on mylan. But I wonder if Its reverse for me for some reason ?

Maybe you are allergic to naloxone? Try subutex? A lot of this may be psychosomatic but you may also be allergic to naloxone

Tell your doctor you think you are allergic and why and do t ask for it but he will likely offer subutex

I am going in the shot next week. Brixaldi. On strips right now. I wouldn’t suggest the shot until you know it’s what you want and your not allergic tho I don’t think naloxone is in the shot
Yeah I think I might be. I definitely will soon, I've been trying to get into see my provider soon. I'll tell them everything for sure. Thanks a ton! Also thanks for the advice! I hope the shot works well for you!

Hmm that's so interesting, I am on mylan. But I wonder if Its reverse for me for some reason ?
After reading that, I am even more sure it’s allergic reaction to naloxone but I’m just some guy on the internet not a doctor so …

I eventually felt like shit on Mylan too.

I’ve always used opiates for that numbed out energy I seem to get from many of the better ones. (Real heroin and oxy in particular..) And brand name gives me that same energy. On generics I feel opiated but have zero energy to do anything, much sleepier feel to them. Combine that with the headache and they just suck.

Can you try brand name at all to see? My buddy didn’t believe me until he gave it a try and now he swears by them like I do.

-GC

I eventually felt like shit on Mylan too.

I’ve always used opiates for that numbed out energy I seem to get from many of the better ones. (Real heroin and oxy in particular..) And brand name gives me that same energy. On generics I feel opiated but have zero energy to do anything, much sleepier feel to them. Combine that with the headache and they just suck.

Can you try brand name at all to see? My buddy didn’t believe me until he gave it a try and now he swears by them like I do.

-GC
Now you got me interested. I’m going to ask the to write DAW in it. Will that ensure I get brand name? Are you in the states? I have my appointment today (refill)

I was thinking it was the abilify but now I’m thinking it’s these generics making me tired all the time lately
Well I’m supposed to be getting the brixadi shot today to make tapering easier she says but probably getting a kickback Idrc I met my OOP.

You heard anything about brixadi? I haven’t met anyone on it but there’s no naloxone.

Last edited:
The Dr. Ready's brand have all these inactive ingredients in them:
Inactive Ingredients
Ingredient Name Strength
ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9)
AMMONIA (UNII: 5138Q19F1X)
ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL)
BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (UNII: REK4960K2U)
BUTYLATED HYDROXYTOLUENE (UNII: 1P9D0Z 171K)
FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)
FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8)
MALTITOL (UNII: D65DG142WK)
Polyethylene Glycol, Unspecified (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
POVIDONE K29/32 (UNII: 390RMW2PEQ)
POVIDONE K30 (UNII: U725QWY32X)
SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O)
SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC, ANHYDROUS (UNII: 22ADO53M6F

Now the name brand strips:
What are the ingredients in SUBOXONE sublingual film?
Active Ingredients: buprenorphine and naloxone.
Inactive Ingredients: polyethylene oxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, maltitol, acesulfame
potassium, lime flavor, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C yellow #6, and white ink.

What is Ammonia doing in the dr. ready besides the other ones which i can't pronounce?SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) is https://gsrs.ncats.nih.gov/ginas/app/beta/substances/46N107B71O
Source Materials Type
INSECT ARTHROPOD
I can't make this stuff up. Dr Ready is an Indian company but they all are out of NJ in the USA for pharma films. I don't trust these companies and I would like to get an independant test to see if their slipping in some sneaky Pete in the meds....

So I've been on a low dose of Suboxone. Im pretty much constant withdrawal. I wasn't that physically dependent the last time I decided to get clean but I was too dependent to cold turkey, I couldn't deal w it, so I was put on Suboxone. At the time I wanted to be clean so I decided to really give it a try. Well, it's fucking bullshit. I've been in constant withdrawal since the day I went on the medication. I know that this is because I'm always taking it "wrong" There's SO MANY WAYS TO TAKE THIS SHIT WRONG. I know my dose is probably too small but I'm terrified if I up it, I'll never get off it. And that scares me because I'm terrified it'll build up in my system and I won't be able to get high for a long time and I don't want to commit to that, that might not even be true but the way my brain works, WONT let me see it any other way. But I have so many more reasons why I hate this medication, if I miss my dose by a couple hours because I will ALWAYS do that, no matter what I do. But if I do, I will be in WITHDRAWALS for DAYS. like what??!! I couldn't tell ya. Honestly no matter what I do with this fucking medication I END UP IN WITHDRAWALS. It doesn't work. And there's NO way in hell I'm going up in doses. I had the same problem on 2-8 twice a day. Once a day is ALL I CAN TAKE. Because at least since I'm on such a tiny dose the withdrawals are manageable and by manageable I mean barely tolerable with a spoonful of suicidal ideation. This medication is so finicky and the side effects are NASTY. Sorry if I sound mad. I'm really just in the worst suboxone withdrawals yet and I'm so tired. This medication is taking so much out of me. Anyways, is anyone else going through this? Is it just me? Are the others any better? It'd be really great to hear someone elses experience.
Bupe is awful, with the nastiest effects, & ime has worth WDs than most opioids. You’re not alone in hating it. I do best just tapering off h.

The Dr. Ready's brand have all these inactive ingredients in them:
Inactive Ingredients
Ingredient Name Strength
ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9)
AMMONIA (UNII: 5138Q19F1X)
ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL)
BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (UNII: REK4960K2U)
BUTYLATED HYDROXYTOLUENE (UNII: 1P9D0Z 171K)
FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)
FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8)
MALTITOL (UNII: D65DG142WK)
Polyethylene Glycol, Unspecified (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
POVIDONE K29/32 (UNII: 390RMW2PEQ)
POVIDONE K30 (UNII: U725QWY32X)
SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O)
SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC, ANHYDROUS (UNII: 22ADO53M6F

Now the name brand strips:
What are the ingredients in SUBOXONE sublingual film?
Active Ingredients: buprenorphine and naloxone.
Inactive Ingredients: polyethylene oxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, maltitol, acesulfame
potassium, lime flavor, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C yellow #6, and white ink.

What is Ammonia doing in the dr. ready besides the other ones which i can't pronounce?SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) is https://gsrs.ncats.nih.gov/ginas/app/beta/substances/46N107B71O
Source Materials Type
INSECT ARTHROPOD
I can't make this stuff up. Dr Ready is an Indian company but they all are out of NJ in the USA for pharma films. I don't trust these companies and I would like to get an independant test to see if their slipping in some sneaky Pete in the meds....
Damn - really insect anthropod???wtf. And I thought ammonia is toxic

Well, guess this gave me confidence that I’m making thw right decision switching to methadone Monday. Although I never got a lot of help with methadone in the past but I have a terrible time trying to take bupe as prescribed so they are switching me to methadone.

I was on it before but only like 60mg and I don’t remember that doing anything at all.

Damn - really insect anthropod???wtf. And I thought ammonia is toxic

Well, guess this gave me confidence that I’m making thw right decision switching to methadone Monday. Although I never got a lot of help with methadone in the past but I have a terrible time trying to take bupe as prescribed so they are switching me to methadone.

I was on it before but only like 60mg and I don’t remember that doing anything at all.
I was on 120 of methadone for 5 years. It worked but I was nodding off at that dose. They always try to up the dose on people. I should've stayed at 80 which is a blocking dose and you'll feel it but not nod off. I got sick of going to the clinic and giving supervised urine test every week or 3 days sometimes. I didn't use anything else either they liked the $250 per urine to the insurance. So I went down 5 mg a day till off when I got down to 50 mg.
Now I'm on bupe 54/543's old Roxanne now Hikma brand much cleaner. The Rhodes are good too. I have both and the ingredients are okay for both. I don't nod and no cravings and only pickup once a month. Been on the brand name subs for awhile till I seen weird particles in the strips. I also hate the naloxone. The generics are much worse too with strips. I hope all goes well on the methadone 4 U.

Bupe is awful, with the nastiest effects, & ime has worth WDs than most opioids. You’re not alone in hating it. I do best just tapering off h.
I'd agree if it's pure H from the sandbox but now it's all fentanyl with other crap in it. I always thought an opium den would be better than using H though I only had red rock opium almost 25 years ago. Back when I used H it was real. That world wide war on terror dope was around till we raped Afghanistan of their poppy n more. Like I said almost 25 years ago and still on the damn bupe!

You need some hobbies and maybe a meeting. I'm on bupe and I hate it but I don't complain about it. I have switched from subs to bupe pills 54/411's cuz their cleaner that those strips but it's all where your head is at. I mean no disrespect because I haven't walked in your shoes. But for me , my faith in the Bible and my hobbies like fishing, hunting and gardening and prepping for when the sthf keeps me going. I'd stock up on subs, anyone thats on them. The supply chain will only get worse and I want at least a year worth of bupe to stash for emergencies. But that's me. You need to d what works for U.