• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sublingual or snorting route for OxyNorm?

Mr. Squiggle!

Bluelighter
Or the ole' traditional method of orally?

Nothing to do with the butt, injections (Fucking hate needles), so which is the best way?

Probably snorting over sublingual. See this paper:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2458208?dopt=medline

It's bioavailability when used sublingually is not that great. Snorting or oral would be the best methods. If used orally, a fatty meal can help boost the bioavailability but probably increase absorption time. I find taking opioids with a Coca-Cola helps kick them in a little bit quicker too. :)

Just eat it. Oxy has a fairly high oral bioavailability, so unless you're into needles you're generally best off just eating it. The high will be longer and stronger than if you snort it. Not sure about sublingual, but I can't imagine it will improve the experience amazingly somehow.

^ Yes I forgot, oral has the added benefit of longer duration. I'm fairly sure the difference in bioavailability is minimal but I can't be bothered to look it up now. I'm very relaxed. :D

Oxycodone has a lower intranasal than oral bioavailability; it's a significant amount too. However it does kick in a lot quicker snorted. If you're adverse to plugging then I'd recommend you just crush and eat them :)

"The bioavailability of oral administration of OxyContin averages 60–87%, with rectal administration yielding the same results; intranasal varies between individuals with a mean of 46%" Analgesic Expert Group. Therapeutic Guidelines: Analgesic. Version 4. Melbourne: Therapeutic Guidelines Ltd, 2007

"The high oral bioavailability of oxycodone (60 - 87% ) is due to reduced first pass hepatic clearance related to the 3-methoxy group of oxycodone and not due to increased absorption. Conversion ratios of oral to parenteral (injection) is 2:1.

Sublingual oxycodone absorption is only 15% (as against 22.5% for morphine and 25% for hydromorphone).

Intranasal oxycodone is 46 +or- 34% bioavailability with max plasma concentration occuring in 25 minutes.

Rectal oxycodone bioavailability is 61% (which is similar to oral at 60-87% ). There is greater individual variability with rectal (+or-30% range 16.4-126.8% ) and peak plasma for rectal is a rather lengthy 2.8 hours."Opioids in cancer pain. Mellar P. Davis, Paul Glare, Janet Hardy. Oxford University Press, 2000

(sorry about the poor/inconsistent referencing, in a bit of a rush)

Last edited:
Oxys the way i take them is crushed up and orally. It has one of the highest bioavailability. IV would be prob the best way but no where in teh world would i shoot up any pills or anything for the matter of fact. Ive tried insufflation which was pretty much the same with a shorter onset but lasting a bit less time. Ive also tried plugging which wasnt as effective as oral. Every drug is designed to be administered as the recommendation states unless you are finding ways to get high off them which in that case u need to find an alternative ROA if u want to abuse them but stick to oral with oxys thats my opinion.

K. Cheers guys. Just took my first Oxy 5 mg of it today...Not too impressed, mind you, I do have a high tolerance to opiates (codeine, that is all I use, but in combination with other shit...). Haha Mr. Blonde is back, baby! long time reader of yours...back in my days of dexies...all good things come to an end though...Guys, I can't stress the amount of putrid horror that involves the shoving of something up one's arsehole, lol!

Peace, and thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it...Cept I don't know why the fuck people would pay up to $XYZ a pill for this shit!!

Last edited by a moderator:
They pay amounts like that for large dose tablets - 40/80mg.... no one buys endones off people for large amounts of cash.

^ Yep. also 5mg isn't really what I'd call a recreational dose if you have any kind of opiate experience and tolerance. It's enough for pain relief but not much more. For me, with zero tolerance (~80kg male), 20-30mg was a good starting point. But everyone is different and you might find you're happy with much lower doses. Tolerance does build pretty quickly if you take it regularly though. Also It's a fine line between euphoria and hugging the porcelin so be careful with you doses.

A good time to note if you're taking opiates recreationally it's wise to not do so alone... it doesn't hurt to have someone with you just in case, to ensure you're okay if you do take too much.

I can't stress the amount of putrid horror that involves the shoving of something up one's arsehole, lol!

Haha I'm sure some people enjoy it :)

^ Lol, that genuinely made me laugh. :D

Haha Mr. Blonde is back, baby! long time reader of yours...back in my days of dexies...all good things come to an end though

It's good to be back. Hopefully you enjoy whatever it is I'm writing these days. ;)

K. Cheers guys. Just took my first Oxy 5 mg of it today...Not too impressed, mind you, I do have a high tolerance to opiates (codeine, that is all I use, but in combination with other shit...). Haha Mr. Blonde is back, baby! long time reader of yours...back in my days of dexies...all good things come to an end though...Guys, I can't stress the amount of putrid horror that involves the shoving of something up one's arsehole, lol!

Peace, and thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it...Cept I don't know why the fuck people would pay up to $XYZ a pill for this shit!!

U only took 5mg? With a codeine tolerance depending on how high it is u would need atleast 20-25mg if u have little tolerance to opies. 5mg will do nothing except maybe cure a headache but thats pretty much it. I suggest next time combine it with sum codeine and a bit of dxm to give it an extra kick.

OxyNorm's are the best oxycodone product available in terms of using other ROAs, in Australia.

Those caps contain much less powder than an equal dose in pill-form. Empty the cap, and small pile of oxy laced powder sits in front of you... you know what to do next. Or do you? If not, ask elsewhere.

Last edited:
^ I guess you just need some more oxycodone. :D

I didn't see the price before it was removed but from the comments, I gather it was expensive though. :(

What would happen if i took 20mg with my methadone dose?,. No gp will give me any that' the problem :(. But sometimes i just want a little party!

^ What's your methadone dose? Your tolerance might be too high to feel much.

Thread intruder...

Nah dude, I think it''s ether methadone or subutex/subuxone that will block out the effects of full on opioids, so bro, dont go asting $$ before you start the spiral downawards again brother man..

Mr. Blonde! I havent had the chance to read your Pm and reply but will do soon!!