• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

strong benzos vs. barbs

Only tried benzos, strongest probably being nitrazepam. Although i'd love to try barbs. I think though that any barb would blow ANY strong benzo out of the water.

Only tried benzos, strongest probably being nitrazepam. Although i'd love to try barbs. I think though that any barb would blow ANY strong benzo out of the water.

seconal will bet any benzo, but nitrazepam is better than shitty barbs like phenobarb ime.

Benzos and Barbs work in the same part of the CNS but they do their work differently, so (imo) it's kinda pointless to compare them generally speaking.

Benzos increase the frequency of GABAa receptor neuron firing. Barbs increase the length of the GABAa neuron firing when it does fire instead of the frequency.

Last edited:
Barbs are very dangerous, Benzos are not. Benzos are much more recreational from what I hear but Barbs do what they do better, although very dangerously.

Only one I've tried is phenobarb (which sucks), but most people who have say barbs are better, just way to easy to kill yourself on. And dying would take all the fun out of it. Doesn't much matter for most of us, good luck finding seconal or pentobarbital.

Barbs are more sedating than benzos, and cause significantly more euphoria.
They are more on par with alcohol, and carisoprodol, but more potent.
The recreational barbs were dulled out over time due to the very high abuse potential, which is way higher than benzos, and the withdrawal more dangerous, again on par with alcohol.

Benzos are more on the anti-anxiety side rather than sedation.
Benzos are weird as they do not produce a body load, euphoria and slim therapeutic dose range anywhere near alcohol or barbs. Therefore, benzos will never rank as high in abuse as barbs. This is why they are scheduled a lot lower. The second weird thing is that all benzos are radically potent compared to mostly every other drug class.

Bahh I wish I could get my hands on a good barb. I take take it the phenobarbital is often acquired via floricet(sp) the migraine med commonly prescribed that contains I believe acetaminophen caffeine n phenobarb?

Ah there ya go! My fault lol I couldn't rlly remember thx!. That's a barb correct?

Ah there ya go! My fault lol I couldn't rlly remember thx!. That's a barb correct?
Yes, another shitty one. Here's my breaking the no UA question rule question-Why the fuck do they still test for them when none of us have seen a decent barb in thirty years?

^^ agreed, i've sampled it once and it was the most relaxing, best sleep i've ever had.

Butalbital isn't all that shitty. The formulation it is in is.

The reason it takes 20 or so fioricets to get high, is the fact that there is only a small 50 mg dose in each pill. Not to mention all that damn caffeine.

If you had pure butalbital and took 200 mg you would feel fucking awesome.

The lethal dose for barbs is about a gram.
In order to reach the gram mark, you have to have a really high tolerance.
This is why a lot of people died for these. No matter how high of a tolerance you have, the lethal dose does not change like opiates. So if you consume more than 5 Seconal "Reds" or Nembutal "Yellows" you are always in the danger zone.
Marylin Monroe popped like 10 when she died.
Jimi Hendrix popped 8 with wine when he died.
Pier Angeli died of barb overdose.
Diane Arbus too.

Butalbital isn't all that shitty. The formulation it is in is.

The reason it takes 20 or so fioricets to get high, is the fact that there is only a small 50 mg dose in each pill. Not to mention all that damn caffeine.

If you had pure butalbital and took 200 mg you would feel fucking awesome.

The lethal dose for barbs is about a gram.
In order to reach the gram mark, you have to have a really high tolerance.
This is why a lot of people died for these. No matter how high of a tolerance you have, the lethal dose does not change like opiates. So if you consume more than 5 Seconal "Reds" or Nembutal "Yellows" you are always in the danger zone.
Marylin Monroe popped like 10 when she died.
Jimi Hendrix popped 8 with wine when he died.
Pier Angeli died of barb overdose.
Diane Arbus too.

hendrix popped 9 with some red wine ;) .

ive had both benzos and barbs ... i like benzos better ... but in my thinking ... what ever floats your boat... i can get scripts for whatever benzo i want and prefer ativan & valiun ... i hate xanax makes me a mean prick ... so yea what ever makes you smile

Do you think that new old album "Valleys of Neptune" good? I bought it just because I'm a huge fan.

i didn't care much for it. "electric ladyland" is still my favorite album of all time, love smoking weed/trippin to "voodoo child" =D
huge hendrix fan as well =D=D=D