• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Storing blotter paper in amber glasses vials ?

Kishka

Bluelighter
Hello,

I have a question and I'd like answers to it.

I have acquired over 100 blotters of AL-LAD since 2013 and about the same for 1P-LSD since it's release for personal use.

I want to store them for a long time (aka over 5 years).

Actually they are stored in their original baggie in a metallic box with sillica gel and then in a shoebox at a room temperature between 18° to 27°C max (when weather is hot).

I wonder if it will be a better idea to put all my blotters in a amber glass vial?

Because I've heard that plastic bags (baggies) will cause AL-LAD and 1P-LSD to oxidize over time because it is still a permeable material that will allow air to seep in, thus degrading the blotters.

I can't put them in the fridge or neither a freezer unfortunately :(

The source told that AL-LAD is quite stable and shouldn't be a problem for storage but is putting them in amber glass vial a good idea?

Should I wrapped the blotters before putting them in or can I put them straight? If yes, aluminium foil is OK?

According to this link I can put them in amber glasses vial :

https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=82

What's your thoughts?

Have a nice day and thank you ! :)

Sry for my english

Xoxo <3

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have no inert atmosphere... :(

Would someone shine on my question?

I have quite a few amber glass vial but don't know how to do it... I don't want to waste them you know :p

I think Nexus is talking about using Xenon or something to replace the air in your vials. I don't know if that's worth the effort. Plus it's really hard to verify if you're doing it right.

I think I'd separate them into groups of 10-20, and put each group in it's own vial. That way you don't have to open your entire stash every time you want to trip. I'd wrap each group in aluminum foil, and put a bit of silica gel and/or dry rice kernels in each vial to absorb moisture. Actually you could fill each vial with rice/silica gel to displace as much air as possible.

I'm in a similar situation and trying to think about how to maximize the shelf life of my tabs too. Fortunately I have a freezer I can use.

Oh yeah also: once each vial is filled, you could seal it by dipping the seal in paraffin wax.

Mhhh so I can throw the sillica package (the one that come with shoebox) and directly put the the blotters in vial ? It's not dangerous for the blotters to be in contact with the sillica package?

I've heard that aluminium foil is not a good idea tho.

Aluminum foil isn't a good idea. You are right Kishka. And the silica package shouldn't effect the blotters, no.

You sure about that?

What should I put to fill in the air in the vial?

I assume it will have air in it so.... the blotters wont fill the whole vial I assume :\

Just toss in one of those oxygen absorbers that come with some beef jerky brands. I'm not sure what more can be done to preserve blotters beyond that practically speaking.

Allrighty, the sillica package that come from shoebox works too?

So basically I put the sillica package in the bottom of my vial and then I put all the blotters straight (without their baggie) in it, even if they will be in contact with the sillica package? I just fear that the sillica will absorb the blotter or something.

Thank you very much !

Just fill them up with rice, like Star said. Actually, follow all of his suggestions, except for the foil. Silica is good. Ditto re. oxygen absorbers. That should help a good deal. Don't expect them to last for many years, though... Just a handful. And no, the silica won't suck the blotter into some other dimension or anything... It's good.

Silica from a shoebox is fine yes. And you can leave it in the bag if you fear the AL-LAD will absorbed by the silica, but that seems unlikely to happen.

Well, I've read that AL-LAD is pretty stable even at room temperature and that could last decades (was told to me from the source).

Sillica gel = oxygen absorbers ? (pardon my english).

I will MAYBE put them in the vial tomorrow and see how it works. I only have 3 - 4 sillica package so .... :\

I'm still hesitating to leave them like they are stored right now or using the amber glass vial finally... x)

Silica is good, amber vial is good, xenon is definite overkill, keep in a cool, dry place. I don't know about the long term stability of these new lysergamides but LSD itself people really tend to worry too much about degredation IME, at least in terms of subjective experience blotters can be kept under relatively uncontrolled conditions for pretty long periods of time, I mean, think about the route that the average blotter takes to the average customer, and the rigors that it undergoes, or did in the heyday of Grateful Dead tour and the festival circuit as the main vector of LSD transmission to the masses. You most likely will be OK. But again, I'm not sure and haven't made much study of these lysergamides and their chemical stability, but if they degrade to LSD, which is very possible without my looking it up at the moment, well, you may not have much to complain about.

Why just a handful of years? Is there something about being soaked into paper that means lysergamides should only be expected to last so long i.e. what are the factors at play in psychoactive blotter decomposition exactly? Also, I would not use rice at all if I had a synthetic desiccant.

Silica is not an oxygen absorber. It's a desiccant, meaning it takes moisture out the the air. To my knowledge humidity, oxygen, and UV light are what you want to keep your drugs away from.

Last edited:
Allrighty !

So the best idea is to put all my blotters in the vials with the sillica gel?

Because at the moment they are in their original baggie (as mentionned in my previous post) and I don't notice any loss of potency but I'm scared that potency will degrades because of the baggie...

Don't sweat it too much as I was saying. But yes, transfer to the vial is best in the long run.

Why is aluminum foil a bad idea? I've never heard that before. I believe it, just wondering why.

@ Psood - It's the temperature... Prolonged exposure to 18°-27°C is not a healthy environment for this class of chemicals. Ideally, they should be kept at -20°C, which is much colder than an average home freezer. That said, at 2°C, and properly stored with desiccant and oxygen absorbers, these compounds should last more than just a handful of years. The same applies to the tryptamines; phenethylamines are much sturdier, but it's still good practice to keep them comfy. Regarding the rice, Kishka should use it, because she has only three or four desiccant baggies.

@ Perpetual - I think that it has something to do with oxidation... Can some folks please confirm or refute this?

@ Kishka - You can find oxygen absorbers inside packets of some dried meats, squid and such.

But really then I think it's all overkill

I know people who have stored sheets of LSD for years just in the middle of a book in the back of a closet (air conditioned/heat regulated) and they were damn near as potent as when they got them

It's dry, dark, has no access to air....and cool.....that pretty much hits all 4 bases.....and I'm talking about a real thick book like a hard bound dictionary

Obviously sealed in amber vials in a freezer would be best but she says that's not an option

Hi everyone,

This is what I've done.

Basically I take 2 vials. One for the AL-LAD and one for the 1P-LSD.

I wrapped all the blotters in one baggie and tightly sealed them by removing the air in the baggie. Then I placed the baggie in the vial with 2 packs of sillica package in each vials. I placed them in a shoebox in a closet where is dark and cold.

(Click for larger view)

Is it good now for long term storage? :)

I also put aluminium foil to wrap the amber vial.

It is ok if the blotter are in contact, I assume it's no danger since they all contains the same substance (I mean they are touching each others in the baggie).

Sorry for my english xoxo :)

Last edited: