Stereotopia, The Manhatten Center.- NY. 8/25

the lineup was poorly organized,
eXecutioners ripped it up, i was very impressed, as well as by spacegirls live performance on the synths and keys. other than that, nice venue music could've been better.... you can't ask for it all.
I'll get to shoutouts lata (you special guys know who you are *wink*), too cracked on 2 hours of sleep grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Pkat©
------------------
PhrEakyKat©
The one and only Midnight Asian.
*mating call*
[email protected]
׆© PezBunnE ~n~ Pkat
____( Y )_______/ V \
___(>'.'<)____=(>'.'<)=_
(")('`v'`)(")_(")('`v'`)(")

SPLAT. Only way to describe how I feel right now. But last night, fooking amazing. I got to spend a good couple of minutes talking with Reid Speed and Ming & FS, so that kicked arse. Sooooo happy I got to see all my old BL buddies from last year, Buzzy, junglefaerie, pinkerton, theravetoy, p-kat, linz (all of which are in the Eric club). Much thanks for the hotel room, even if I had to walk 20 blocks, and much love to my new buddy Jess, thanks for showing me snood. Ummmm....brain still not working, so that's all for now. Let's try to hang out more then once a year kids, okay?
------------------
Peace Love and Empathy,
The Bug Out Kid
"Do you wanna play with me?"

ahh man..... well......
so the dilly went like this.... i didnt actually get moovin till around 10:30pm... in which we had to drive down to Jersey City, catch the path up to 33rd and then walk over to tha venue. Except we left mucho late, missed about 3 trains, and had to make a stop - so we actually arrived at around 1:30am .... so
frown.gif
frown.gif
i immediatly did eye over to the supposive meeting spot, only to eye Ctrl-X -- but im mucho mucho shy, so i just looked around a bit more, then just went to go dance my ass off
smile.gif
this thou, i found a bit hard, seeing that even the half hour spacegirl was on, it was a struggle to get me moving... The hike up to the dnb room was a bit upsetting
frown.gif
too far to alternate often, so i just settled with the downstairs... The grand ballroom was dam nice thou... very big - not very chilled thou - i didnt even break a sweat downstairs at all!! So seeing as they ended the party early, and i only got about 3 hours of music... i headed over to the afterparty.... and o man, what a great idea!! With the aid of a couple vivarin, i was able to bust ass till they turned the lights back on around 8am
smile.gif
Any BL'rs who made it to tha afterparty, ya shoulda been bustin ure ass on the floor man
frown.gif
i didnt have many people to dance with! (me = beige ufos, blue shirt with cartoon mushrooms, black hat - and DeaD SexY! :p)
I was amazed by DMP and his closing set - o man... i even got to exchange a couple words and grab a cd (which im loving to death as i type this
smile.gif
)
so overall, upset at myself for missing most of the $40 event i paid for, but dam happy i got my $10 worth @ tha SlimeLight
smile.gif
Dam good B-Day set by Odi btw
smile.gif

and o man, thats about enuf typing for a week!! L8r G8rs!

Ok, my turn...
I liked this party except for the fact of the elevator breaking down. Sucks having to recooperate from a broken ankle (8 weeks)and walking up and down 7 flights of stairs.
I am not into the whole dippie thing and the smell all around the place made me not only sneeze a shit load of times, but always wanted to make me puke.
I did not spend much time in the ballroom on the 1st floor too much due to the fact that I don't think I really was too interested in the music, plus too many e tards on that floor. My favorite floor had to be the top ballroom. Sorry for not remembering which was which. I was extremely impressed with the X-ecutioners. Probably the best set of the night IMO. I also really dug Ming & FS, Moving Fusion, and Ed Rush and Optical also. They had the dopest track selections. Odi was on for awhile when he wasnt even supposed to be on, confused me a lil then I realized it's his B day Monday I think. He is always good, but was better at Inhale 2. Didn't pay attention to Bad Company due to my ankle hurting too much and i was concentrating more on that than anything else.
It was nice meeting the Bler's I haven't met before and seeing the ones I have met already. Should I name them off? Will I remember all of them? Let's see...
Good seeing Buzzy, Chrissy (PJ), Pat (Kart), Dayna (your sister single? haha), P Kat and LinZ E, Seanie, and finally meeting the coolest person in the world Jess (marbica)! It was also nice meeting Ctrl X, Gmni13, and Pinkerton even though we all really didn't get to talk. And I swear I saw Freddie D, but wasn't sure so I didnt say anything. If i forgot anyone, I am sorry. Oh yeah, I didn't get to beat up Connell since I only saw him once, where the hell were you dammit? heh. There's always Energy
wink.gif

Next NY party for me shall be BOO 6.
I haven't even been to sleep yet, drove back to MA and went to the beach. bed time....
[This message has been edited by MrJaMaL (edited 27 August 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator:
^yes...the dips were unbearable. You were next to me, so you know I feel your pain.
I dunno, it's an "interesting" smell in the beginning (I used to think it smelled like MDMA), but then it's overwhelming. Everywhere on the floor of the Hammerstein ballroom was another dip going on fire. It wasn't even subtle. Little torches everywhere. But anyway...
Space Girl,
frown.gif
, Space Girl. I know they didn't have you set all your equipment up 3 hours late to lay down 3 tracks. I'll let it slide this time. The bass, however, was not duplicated the whole night.
Pleasurehead—tolerable.
X-Dream—fucking awesome (and took a picture with him 15 minutes prior).
"Supa" Dmitry—not too shabby.
Joey Beltram—eh.
Atomic Babies—fucking horrible. ruined my peak.
Derrick May—a little better than "eh."
I spent the greater majority in the Hammerstein Ballroom. I just wasn't feeling it anywhere else. Plus it was nice and cool.
Well...the meetup I can account for the 11:00. I'm sorry I didn't make the 3:00. This is where I must apologize. To all of you I met at the meetup, I swear I didn't want it to come to this. However, I happened to be peaking on my pill at the time. I really wasn't as cognizant as I would've liked to be. Bad timing. You're all good people though. I can tell these things
wink.gif
The random meeting with Dayna was awesome. It was great to finally meet you. And to reiterate
your sister single?
wink.gif
I loved the venue. It brings back such fond memories as Moby and Fatboy Slim. ::sigh:: I, however, left my ticket in my car and had to shell out an additional $45. Well, I shit a brick. After I changed my shorts, I questioned the dude why it was $5 more than was listed on the flyer. He laughs. I'm like, "No, really. Why is it $5 more than lsited on the flyer?" The other dude next to him tells me. "You get to keep the other half of the ticket stub." Thanx, man.
So, BLAH. The night was good because of good people. Shout out to Eddie. "Keepin' it real." He he.
School starts tomorrow for me, so this was a nice end to my summer. Essentially, my summer never ended. It never slowed down. That's how I want to live! My cipher keeps rolling like a rolling stone. Boo 5 was my favorite party so, it's inevitable that Boo 6 will happen for me. C'mon...South Street Seaport!
On an end note, everyone who inquires about the meetup should actually show up. He he. I know everyone who didn't make the 11:00 didn't made the later. Mebbe next time.
~Erik
game on.
------------------
112358132111235813211123581321...mathematics is the language of nature

So heres my take of STEREOTOPIA. I thought it was a phat party. Me & my MD peeps got there at around 11pm. The line getting in was very well organized, no hassling. Got in and was amazed how big that place is. So we walked around for a bit then hiked up the 7 flights to the DnB room.
Bad Company, Ed Rush, & the definitely the X-ecutioners had the best sets up there. And I don't know if Mista Sinesta spun that night, I wanted to hear that.
Down on the mainfloor, I thought Dimitry, Spacegirl, & I think Atomic Babies set were good.
Sorry alls didn't do the meetup thing, me & my peoples keep bouncing around looking for good partying rooms & good peoples to hang with. Man we got much exercise walking up & down those stairs. I did however meetup with the same KEWL blers (Speekah Phreekah & Icey) randomly while walking around. Yeah so everyones right, an organized meetup is the best way to meet blers, so I will most definitely not miss the next meet-up. Sorry Speekah that we didn't get to chill & walk around mutch, I was loving the time with my girlie-girl much, so we couldn't go around scoping out the other party-girls that were there like we did the last time.
smile.gif
Again that place was huge, we had good space to get our dance on & battles with other peoples that liked our style. Very sorry that the party ended way early. Me & my girl were walking down the stairs to go to the mainroom and so as we got down the stairs security was waiting excorting everyone outside, saying the party was over. This was around 3:58am. And off-course the rest of our friends didnt' know where we were so we had to wait outside til they left the party too, so that was the only kill of my night.
So after that us 6 partying people left for the limelight. A very wierd place, but when you're still rollin and the music is right, just dance is what we did. Saw some other people we had met at the Hammerstein there so it was kewl to meetup with them again and chill for a bits. DnB room there was the best spot. Odi's set was great. And so we left at 8am. Dropped off friends at Penn Station, then drove to our hotel and crashed.
Theres nothing wrong with driving up 4hrs. for the good wknd we had. Next party maybe is EC3 and if not definitely Boo6. Alright now back to reality!
------------------
Go on.......Get your dance on.......Get your smile tight.......I know you're feeling this rave shit......."THIS SHIT IS DEAD RIGHT".......Get your bounce on! ~sugafist~

FOr all those inquiring, Dayna's sister is NOT single.
wink.gif

I guess Dayna wanted to make that clear. lol

Ooohh, wayy-off the raving subject, BUT another kill to our night was that we heard in the morning after leaving Limelight that Aalyiah, Damon Dash of Rockafella Rec. & Hype Williams the movie director all had crashed in an airplane. Don't know much more details. I know that the hip-hop world is in tears for this happening. Just thought if others had heard this news too & have info. about it.
------------------
Go on.......Get your dance on.......Get your smile tight.......I know you're feeling this rave shit......."THIS SHIT IS DEAD RIGHT".......Get your bounce on! ~sugafist~

ooooh, i'm such a looser. i missed both meet-ups. (sorry ctrl-x, and happy b-day
biggrin.gif
)
was that party not crazy-ass fun or what?! bad company were phatty. tc islam brings jungle mc's to new heights. of annoyance. but it was alllllll about the ed rush and the optical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all mc's take a lesson from rhymetime. learn how to run tings proper.

gmni13
Bluelighter posted 27 August 2001 07:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^yes...the dips were unbearable. You were next to me, so you know I feel your pain. .>>

a couple of things on and off the subject. I too heard that Aaliyah died in a plane crash, but i didn't hear about Dame Dash or Hype Williams also being killed. I also read this:
"Others that were killed included Aaliyah's makeup-artist Eric Foreman, Virgin's director of Video production, Douglas Kratz, Gina Smith and Keith Wallace from the singer's label, Blackground Records, the plane's pilot and three other passengers."
And about Dippies. As for myself, Lolita, I am a Boston BLer. I told you a million times to take me off your mailing list due to me not living in NYC, but since you haven't I simply blocked you from sending me emails. heheh. Some of the people I went with smoked dippies. I just don't dig that for me, what you do is up to you. My drug for that night was: sobriety. I dig partying sober. and I did say something about the e tards on 1st floor ballroom. And I don't mean the people who simply pop a pill, I mean the kids eat crazy pills and sit on the floor all night not even thinking about if they are gonna get stepped on. But like I said, whatever creams your twinkie. I, myself, have never tried dippies, and I really don't plan on it. I am so all set. heh. If i wanna smell formaldehyde I'll go to the autopsy room in the hospital i work at.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by MrJaMaL (edited 27 August 2001).]

OK...This was one hell of a venue. There was no line when we walked in the door...and i heard there was no line all night long. Security wasnt even as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Speekah and Sugafist it was good seeing you both again and Kart it was good meeting up with you too. (Speekah im glad you had a better time at this one too
wink.gif
) Once again i busted out with 6 Ultra Bright glowsticks and thanks for everyone who was cheering and clapping and whatever...you guys made my night. I'm def gonna try and do that as much as possible now that i see everyone has loved it the last two parties. And the biggest down i thought was gonna be no spacegirl...but all of a sudden i walked into the ballroom and there she was. That also made my nite. Bad Company, Dimitry, Joey Beltram all had nice sets. Im gonna be at True England 2 so i hope to see you all there.

my turn.
The Manhattan center a.k.a. Hammerstein ballroom, definetly one of the best venues I've ever been to. Considering I went to this party totally spontaneous, I thought it was dope. sittin on the balcony, I notice someone spinning one of the light thingies that "magically" has a phrase like "show me your tits" or some stupid shit, but this one said www.bluelight.ru, so I went up to the person, and met BugOutkid, So that was hot, representing BL. The Jungle/DnB room was amazing. The only thing i regret from the night was not going up to those 2 FUCKEN hot ass twin blonde chicks walking around. Holy shit they were dope!! I know a few others know what i'm talking about
smile.gif

Some fucken Asian came up to me and pretended to be undercover and busted my ass, only to find out he was just some kid fucken around, then he asks me if i could push guns for him up in Stamford. Crazy ass shit going down at NY parties. I luv it. There better be another party there sometime soon.

heh.. where do i start? well First of all.. Myself along with ICEY and his gurl Michelle left CT at around 4:45pm for the party.. AND DIDNT GET IN UNTIL AFTER 9pm!! (i fucking HATE CT traffic on 95!) but it was all good.. When we got there.. i didnt really feel like leaving my car on the street all nite.. so we forked over the $37 for the 24hour garage they had Right next to the place.
After the Valet service parked my car.. we got in at like 9:30 or so with a Minimal line of like.. 3 minutes or less of waiting.. we were Finally Inside! heh.. well.. i dunno if i even have to Say this.. but.. everyone that went to this party knows.. that this venue is Painstakingly BreathTaking! i have Never seen any place like it before. The Hammerstein Ballroom is what i saw first.. the Ceiling reached 7 STORIES above our heads! Then.. i went upstairs....
The Grand Ballroom was where i could be found for mostly all of the night.. this room was also amazing. although.. at first i was upset that the Booth was set up Onstage.. but.. i got used to it.. it was Cool that as soon as i got up there.. the First person i see is Dayna and her sister!
smile.gif
finally we met! Dayna.. it was cool hangin out with u guys.. we DEF have to do it again sometime! =oT
the BEST set all night.. i have to say.. was DEF the X-ecutioners.. hands down. but Ed Rush.. Optical.. Profile.. and moving fusion threw down some phat sets also. it sux that spacegirl only spun 3 songs.. but at least she was able to spin at all! i wasn't downstairs that much.. but what i saw of X-Dream was pretty phat.
but FUCK THOSE DAMN FRIGGIN STAIRS! holy SIT! i mean.. i climbed those shits like 4 TIMES before i even knew that the elevator EXISTED! lol.. then the damn thing broke DOWN like 67 times... that one elevator operator was pretty cool tho.. everytime it broke down.. he would just sit on a little stool on the 6 floor of the staircase.. just "chillin" lol.
AFTER THA PARTY ITS THE SLIMELIGHT LOBBY!!! heh.. we headed over to this shit afterwards.. and hrm.. the place kinda freaked us out! lol.. it was prolly the dirtiest place EVER.. and i couldnt see shIT with the No lights thing. Odi and Drum one put on a good show in the Jungle room tho..
after we left Slimelite.. we drove back to CT.. and chilled at the Beach for awhile.. ... .. Overall.. a Really phun nite.. and a Worthwhile trip to the city
smile.gif
one of the better party's i've been to this summer.
Shoutouts: Awesome to finally meet ya Dayna! sup to Kart.. PKat and Linz-E (Pkat.. thanks for that little gift.. my friend Kristin gives u Maximum Props!
smile.gif
Speeka Phreeka, had a Great time chillin wit ya ted.. that sucked about that shady shit that went down with the security.. but it's cool that nothing came of it.. and Marbica.. i havent seen ya since.. lol i dont even Remember!
smile.gif
oh.. and i like the red highlights
smile.gif

- Jamal.. Dammit.. i KNEW i saw you! i was GONNA ask if you were you.. but i was too busy Choking on Formaldahyde!!!
-spiderman- dude.. was that you at the end of the night.. Standing in the Middle of W34th Street with the Orange vest.. an Orange construction hat Backwards.. and a rather Large Orange flag on a wooden pole.. Dancing and waving New York Traffic in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET?! because if so.. i would like u to Share with me your connect for acid.. heh.. crazy kids...
smile.gif
well.. this is a Hella long post.. and i'm still prolly forgetting like a Million things.. but... whattre ya gonna do? C'ya at True England!
smile.gif
PEACE!
/me frEddiE d!
------------------
Ravers dont fall, they Trip, Roll and get stuck in Holes!"
"Dance you MothaFuckin S... Dance like it's yo MuthaFuckin JOB B!"
AIM = BluElightRavEr69
...IM me!

I for one absolutely loved this party. I got there a little late because one of the kids in my ride got too drunk and had passed out. We literally had to carry him to the car and throw him in the back. I was pissed, but hey, at least I made it. I got there a little before Atomic Babies set, but went upstairs to see the X-ecutioners set. Anyone else think they had enough tables set up on stage for them??? Well I ran into Jamal and then found some actual cool people and chilled with them. He's lucky I was in a good mood I might add. But who knows things might be different Tuesday at energy. Anyways, back to the party.
I for one love the smell of dips, but I'm not a big fan of smoking them...so the smell didn't bother me. Two things did bother me though. First, climbing the fuckin stairs to get to the upstairs ballroom. I'm a smoker...this shit can be difficult. Second, the fact that they had the lights on in the DnB and Hip Hop room. That shit drove me nuts.
This was most likely the best party I've been to and to think I wasn't even plannin on goin till the night before. The way shit works out, huh??
Well, I'm out for now but I'll see everyone at Boo 6. Peace Kids

this was one of those parties that i knew was going to be a whole lot of fun and it's weird how for most of the night i concentrated on how i would remember it because i know i'll be remembering it for a long time. i can't just relax and just have FUN sometimes. anyway, it WAS great, i really have no complaints about the music but i was in the main room for all of 10 minutes the whole night so i have nothing to say about that except i really didn't enjoy the atomic babies' set. x-ecutioners kicked ass, as did bad company and ed rush and optical. downstairs i enjoyed db and ming and fs kicked ASS, i'm in love with them.
good to see.. *deep breath* pkatlinzejunglefaeriebuzzymrjamalpinkertontheravetoybugoutkidkartfreddieddaynainthesun(andhersister)
sorry if i forgot anyone. i'm glad you think i'm the coolest kid in the world, jamal, yer pretty cool yourself when you're not gimpin around. nice to meet eric, stay nuts til the next time i see you (i'm sure it won't be a problem). i apologize to those of you who observed me gnawing on various objects post-party; give me a pill or two and i turn into one of those little windup toys that's a mouth that clacks and jumps around repeatedly.
anyway, i had a wonderful time. i will see all of you again, hopefully, next weekend in cape cod.

RIP
Connell "ProvJungleKid" Burke
some month,some day,1983-August 28th, 2001
heh. Dave's b day is tomorrow, Connell, are you gonna give him birthday head? I also heard that you were rolling face one time and asked this dude to have sex with you at Earthfest. But I thought you weren't gay? hmmm....
Connell, seriously though, heard some shit happened to you b4 the party, lemme know when I see ya.
Jess, I shall not be gimping around for BOO 6, ya going?
Haven't been let down by a NYC party yet. Even though this was only my 2nd, so i can't really say shit. heh.
Only thing I regret about this party was not taking Flux with me. Wish I could have.

ooooooOOOOkay...
I had a great time @ this party--I tend to stay underground in nyc...but am soo happy I attended this instead of the outlaw my friends threw.
Music was great--I dont have to reiterate that...of course, there was no way in hell I'd chill in the main room---the upstairs dnb/jungle/hip-hop room was ill, and the two-step lounge was cool too except it was too light down there.
I didnt come to the meetup, so sorry I didnt get to meet any of you.
Yea--the stairs sucked asS -- no need to say anymore about it.
The ventillation was great...too bad other venues can't learn from the manhattan center. Security was pretty cool until they completely TRICKED us out of the party. Yea thats right--it was the dirtiest trick ive ever seen. We were commin down the stairs from the jungle room to find ourselves some glass @ about 4am...they had the stairs roped off w/ a path leading only to the exit door! you had to leave! the fat bitch told me that if i turned around n went back upstairs she'd chase me...hahaha...like to have seen that! with still an hour left, that was sooo uncool.
the crowd was alright...the normal shadiness we all know nyc to be full of.
as for the dips--lolita, you should just crawl into a fukin' hole because ur an idiot. as much as i love smokin dips--you have to fukin insane to not realize WHY everyone else hates them....the reek up the dancefloor, they promote and support shadiness no matter how much you'd like to deny it--you're getting your juice from bts, they just overall bring everyone else down--not to mention that dustbunnes usually dont have any idea wtf is goin on around themselves, myself included sometimes, and are just in no way a positive aspect to the nyc scene. AND aside from all of this----i've watched you bitch inscessently about drug use/abuse on the nyc-raves list...then you come here and brag about smokin dips, one of the worst things you can do...Shut the fuck up, you're an asshole...oh yea--and cut that fucking list shit out too!! i dont want to see your name in my e-mail box ANY MORE!!!!!
so yea--i had a fukin great time @ stereo...and @ the afterhours too...i met a good number of really cool kids and just had an over all good night.
and FUCK BOO!! $52!?!?! are you kidding me? lol...i'm keepin it undaground
------------------
*cassidy*
aim: xoxcassidyxox
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"