Stereotopia, The Manhatten Center.- NY. 8/25

yo, i haven't been to a party like this in crazy long, i think that the vibe was crazy off the hook, no bs, just people having fun.
the music was amazing, i remember hearing this nice house track and i still can't get it out of my head.
i smelled dippies like here and there, it was nothing like brass monkey 3D where by the end of the night i was all fucked up on dust just from smelling the stuff everywhere.
the grand ballroom was phat, but i think they should've turned the bass down just a lil, cause sometimes all i heard was bass, and i couldn't really hear the drums and shit behind the bass, but that party was amazing. that venue is amazing. but too many stairs all over the place.
biggrin.gif

from http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp/pcp_info6.shtml:
PCP - 'Embalming Fluid' - 'Wet' - 'Fry'
What Is It and What Do People Think It Is?
---------------------------------------------
There appears to be a current trend of the use of substances known alternately as 'embalming fluid', 'fry', 'formaldehyde', 'wet', 'water', or 'amp'. These are sold in a variety of forms including cannabis joints or regular cigarettes dipped in liquid and cannabis leaf or tea leaves dipped in liquid. All of these are then smoked. There is good reason to believe that these are all various preparations containing PCP.
There are constantly re-circulating rumors that these substances do not contain PCP, but are instead simply formaldehyde or embalming fluid. In most instances PCP is not mentioned when the substance is sold or discussed. But there is evidence to support that this is mostly a case of confused slang terms. 'Embalming Fluid' is a common street slang term for PCP and has been for many years. PCP can come in liquid form, so the term 'fluid' would be fitting. It is entirely possible (actually quite likely) that this confusion has gone so far as to cause a new trend where PCP is actually mixed with formaldehye (or other 'embalming fluids') and used as a recreational psychoactive, but there is little evidence that the formaldehyde itself causes any pleasant or desirable effects.
Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen linked to nasal and lung cancer, and with possible links to brain cancer and leukemia and should not be smoked.
and that is what dippies are...

jerzeezfinest—Tell me how you really feel.
wink.gif

~Erik
------------------
112358132111235813211123581321...mathematics is the language of nature

i thought the party was definitely much less shady and less disappointing than the majority of nyc massives. didnt smell too many burning barbie dolls, which was a bonus....
but the best thing was being surrounded by old friends, new friends, family, and the boy that i love... all of which made this a night to remember
smile.gif

*big hugs to all of you... you know who you are*
------------------
~*the former phillyjunglist*~

ALLLLLL right eriK--
here it goes:
LMAO--i couldnt do it...sorry! hahaha, my first post was detailed enuff =o) i dont think everyone else really needs to hear ne more of my bitching heheeh... i did have a good night tho--great even, lol...see if you can decifer THAT from my post =o)
------------------
*cassidy*
aim: xoxcassidyxox
"the purpose of words is to convey a message--after the idea is grasped, the words are forgotten--where is a man who forgot all the words? it is he who i wish to speak to"

Just curious...did anyone else think the Limelight was fuckin weird as hell??? Does anyone know if there is normally lighting in there...there was like one or two lights hitting the disco ball on the dance floor. The jungle room was more lighted than the main room which i found really odd. I heard shady shit went down there...but I've never in my life seen a shadier crowd in my life. I'm not to sad that place is closing down.

Dipps ruin a party,whatever..The NY scene is already dead as it is....The NY scene ruined the NY scene for alot of reasons....I don't hit up partys alot no more, that Im into weeklys & clubs.. For NY raves list, it seems like in a way your saying I act different on this list then NYC-Raves, hmmmmm no.........I don't brag about anything, just this is a drug message board right, I can be more upfront on what I do plus alot of people from nyc-raves list have met me in person, and all know I smoke dipps ..In fact always kidding around,asking me to chill ,stop...The same issue came up on the nyc raves list, and I said the same stuff as I am saying now!!
As for my mailing list,I'm not the only one that runs it.. I'm doing what I have to do as a promoter, if u don't like it just delete it............

well, this was one of the most fun parties i have ever been to.
... i have this new tendency when i'm rolling to go off and wander and talk to people, so i met some interesting non-BLers... but on to the rest of my post.
Eric-thank you for listening to me and for making my night ever so much fun (i love you, i really do, the check is in the mail.)
Jess-thanks for the stay in your apartment, it was awesome to finally meet you after all the stuff pinkerton told me about detroit. we'll have to get together and talk ::uses snotty accent:: theatre ::gets sick of snotty accent:: again sometime
wink.gif

Buzzy/Chrissy-(you guys have officially become one entity now. i dub thee buzzy/chissy.)anyway, sorry i had to climb over you two as tyson and i left, but it was soooo good to see you both. i promise once i have a car that can go more than 30 miles at a time i will come visit you.
to everyone else i met for the first time, and saw for the first time in ages: it was kick-ass to see all of you (especially the fuzzy woodland creatures who aren't so fuzzy anymore
frown.gif
), i can;t wait to party more often. it's easier once you're not in high school anymore
biggrin.gif

did anyone else see Kagen? he was there, and i saw him twice for like 5 seconds each time... i miss him...
anyway, the venue kicked ass, it was such a change from the normal, small cramped places ::cough::Asylum::cough:: i usually end up partying in. Yes, the stairs did suck, but i guess that's the price you pay.
Question: WHY smoke something that smells like a burning a rubber duckie? i was already queasy from taking a pill and smelling that almost made me boot on my ghetto-sewn skirt. hehe, i have to rip the stiches out and actually sew it this time... 3/4 inch stiches just aren't a good thing.
frown.gif
this party was the end for my favorite pair of sneakers... the backs of the heels finally wore through to the plastic, so i have these nasty blisters from dancing and walking. Ick.
anyway, enough of my over-worked underslept ramblings. i will see you all next time.
smile.gif

lauren
------------------
"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
--Lewis Carroll
"It's not broken... it just doesn't work." *pouts*
--pinkerton

regardless, we shall always remain fuzzy... i had linz's ears in my bag, she hadn't put them on because they fall of when we dance, as well as get harassed by curious cand-e-tards. hehe...
Pkat©
definition of "jaded kandy"

Pkat...that candy situaton was sooo funny... and it was great to meet you and linz
xoxo
Christine

Theravetoy: Why roll
wink.gif
People like different things. Not everybodys drug choice is the same.. I like the effects!

^I think the idea is that popping a pill doesn't result in smelling like ass.
I don't feel like paying $45 for a party to become literally sick to my stomach because "well, everyone else is doing drugs...why can't I?"
~Erik
------------------
112358132111235813211123581321...mathematics is the language of nature