• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

how many ⭐️s?

• Total voters
I'm sure my opinions about the new trilogy are well known, so I just want to say this -

Why the fuck is Kylo's helmet back? He doesn't fucking need it to breath, he's not fucking Darth Vader. His destruction of it in episode 8 was one of the best features of the film...

Why is Rey wielding a lightsaber that was destroyed in episode 5 (along with Luke's hand in Cloud City) and then again, visually and confirmed destroyed in episode 8 (we saw it broke in half and its Kyber crystal destroyed), after mysteriously appearing in Maz's ownership in episode 7? She never gave an explanation (literally blew it off, Han asks about it) and somehow just had it.

Along that same thread, why can't she grow the fuck up and make her own lightsaber like every other Jedi before her? Luke built his own after he lost that one, because he had to grow up. Vader built his own because Obi-Wan took his after leaving him for dead (which is how it ended up with Luke). Rey, is just a weak ass little bitch who's more magical than Harry fuckin' Potter, yet apparently can't complete the most basic task in even becoming a Padawan, let alone a Jedi knight.

Let the Graflex die already!!!!

/rant

Otherwise, very excited, hope it's better than episode 7 or 8, as both were sad.

Last edited:
I'm just glad we're actually going to get a real Star Wars film this time.

Well, I liked Force Awakens as an opener to the trilogy, but there wasn't as much originality there as I would have liked. And Last Jedi...I just hated Last Jedi. I'm all for subverting expectations, but I think it was childish and in a way disrespectful. On top of all that, the plot was weak.

It wasn't a serious Star Wars films. It was more of a parody.

Childish and disrespectful lol... I like that, I felt similar about much of TLJ.

I mean, I hope that JJ can put out a decent closer to the trilogy, but if we're going off just the teaser, I anticipate it will be just as much of a let down as his first foray into the universe, TFA.

The "No one is ever gone" memes are really cracking me the fuck up though hahahah.

"No one is ever really gone."
-Roger, roger.
-MEESA BACK!
-Mace Windu falls into the screen
-Boba Fett flies into the screen

Yeah I saw the No Ones Ever Gone video that RedLetterMedia did.

I thought the teaser was everything a teaser should be. Which isn't much. Just something to get people talking. I don't know if I'd read much into any of it. Including the laugh. He could just be a memory, or a vision, or a force ghost. Then again he could have been behind Snoke and everything else as a physical being.

There's literally nothing explaining Snoke thus far, kinda frustrating. Really a pointless and uninteresting character with absolutely zero backstory.

Yeah, a teaser is just that. In the next 8 months or so they could drastically change things.

Honestly even if RoS is the best Star Wars film ever made, it still cant fix the trilogy as a whole. I'm just gonna try to forget last Jedi ever happened and try to think of this as a stand-alone.

^The new trailer doesn't really give us anything new and is just rehashing old movies that JJ Abhrams had nothing to do with.

I think it's silly the way they've made out this new trilogy, as some new generation. I guess that's what the prequels were... but I honestly believe the prequels offer better plot-lines and possibilities than the originals did. These new ones simply being rehashes of the original trilogy, they don't do anything new or create something thought provoking.

Am excited to see it though. Part of me tries to love all Star Wars content.

Do you think the dark side Rey is just a vision or a nightmare or something?

I don't see anything pointing to Palpatine being alive still, though in some of the EU books he's had himself cloned.

I still laugh when I watch the original trailer and Mark Hamill says, "No one is ever really gone." I just think of Jar Jar saying, "MEESAH BACK!!!"

JAR JAR WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PALPATINES APRENTICE!

I neither see any point in bringing Palpatine back.... other than milking nostalgia for da moneysss.

When I saw The Last Jedi in theater it was 4.5/5, but after that Ive seen it twice and it has fallen first to 3/5 then to 2.5/5

Im prolly gonna go see this on theater even though my expectations are fairly low.