• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

SSRI's and Ecstasy: The Final Word (Hopefully)

Yeah you will..

Lovan users say they can roll sometimes which I find weird.
Wouldnt recommend it though

serotonin syndrome

I am really interested to see how many peeps use E while taking SSRI's, and I wondered if anyone had experienced or been concerned about worsening side effects of either drug(s) while taking both?

i've done Mdma on ssri's n i got soooo fucked, it was wicked n i didn't suffer from any depression the next day!! Was a one off thou lol

question. i have been taking lexapro for a few weeks and was offered 4 free tabs. was wondering if i could roll at all if i stopped taking my pills for a couple days

Been wading through this interesting reading and thought I'd make my 1st post.

I noticed the original posts were made some time ago, and an SSRI list didn't contain Effexor/Venlafaxine XR, or any info about it.
I started on Paxil back in the winter and took for about a month+. Seemed to make a noticeable difference in my mood levels/depression (lots of back story, mostly involving watching a parent die for 7 months in the hospital with cancer...), but the side effect, worstly the night sweats prompted a change of medication. I was on a low dose.
I started on Effexor a few months back, 37.5mg twice a day. I don't find it as effective as the Paxil, but the side effects are less. Anyone know where it ranks on the list re: strength and does anyone have any experience with this particular drug and mdma?

ChemicalSmile said:
what about wellbutrin, I hear that it is the one antidepressant that you can use MDMA with and it work to its full effects. Is this true? And if not how long should I wait.....? Thanks! :D

IMO u will feel NOTHING from a roll if u are on wellbutrin
i took 4 rolls (STRONG) after being of wellbutrin probly 4-6 weeks and i didn't feel anything but the side-effects
and i was only on wellbutrin 6 weeks

shit fucks your neurotransmitters up
dont fuck with SxRIs if u plan on rolling (maybe ever again)
i've never rolled good since being on that bullshit
even 5 months later when i popped 3 barely anything

dbailey11 said:
But E is for simpleminded people who prefer fake chemically induced "happiness" over real peace and satisfaction. I may be more than a little self-righteous here but people need to grow up and stop playing with things that they KNOW aren't good for them but like morons do it anyway.

you are the fucking moron

u do realize that the "fake chemical induced happiness" is created by your REAL brain
the only reason these drugs make you feel the way you do is BECAUSE OF YOUR BRAIN
you cant just open up a bag of happy pills and all the sudden the air is filled with glee
MDMA allows your brain to release (excessively) serotonin that your brain ALREADY HAS
whats "fake" about that?
u have a significant amount of posts on this site
and u just spit some dumb shit

2oclockbeanfiend.2 said:
even 5 months later when i popped 3 barely anything

I am on reducing schedule on Effexoring dose lowering. Now goes about 187,5 mgs a day.

I took 8 heart shaped pills. Administered too in my rectum.

8 was too much. I am very fucking sweaty, though I feel OK.

but it didn't cost me much, So I wanted to try anyways.

wish i had read this before i bought some E's, and taken 2 of them. ( they didnt effect me at all obviously)

What if you're taking Celexa for anxiety, not depression

I am taking 40 mg of Celexa a day. I take it for anxiety though, not depression. I popped not to long ago and barely felt anything. If i cut down on my dosage I should be soon anyway) will I be able to take Ecstasy and feel it then?

I don't know how it works, but Piracetam, with as little as 1600 MG, appears to somehow "temporarily interrupt" (that's the technical term I can think of other than "cancel out" [which it most certainly does NOT do]) the effect of the SSRI. I can reference this by a friend that was on Zoloft, and was able to roll fully, where normally she says the effects are quite "muted".

To that end, this thread is rather interesting:

Effects of the "-racetam" nootropics on SSRI-induced receptor downregulation

The full story on my friend is in this thread as well.

I am taking 40 mg of Celexa a day. I take it for anxiety though, not depression. I popped not to long ago and barely felt anything. If i cut down on my dosage I should be soon anyway) will I be able to take Ecstasy and feel it then?

No.

A Top-Shelf Final Word

Sansational mate. That is, without a doubt, the most concise and succinct informative bit of essential-to-some information that I've ever read. It seems and sounds to me to come from a wealth of knowledge AND through experience. Every word rang true to me. I saw a segment about Extasy on a current affair show, and they had a before and after MRI of a persons brain, with the dyed (?) seratonin visible, and in the "after" shot of the next day after having an Extasy pill the night before, the seratonin was 95% GONE. Then they showed a third MRI of the same persons' brain seven years later, and this person only ever having the one Extasy pill, and the seratonin levels had STILL NOT recovered to normal. By an absolute fluke...I myself have never tried it. I absolutely never will. I'm 48yo and am damn lucky. I'm just lately learning about 5-HTP. Maybe you my frien can reserach it and put up another you-beaut explanation. My hat's off to you. Mike

i have one question.. iv been on SSRI's for about 3 months.. and i never had a problem with pills. i used to live off them. but now i cant get a hit off them. iv tryed coming off the SSRI's for a week or even 2 or 3 and then dropping a couple round ones. but i just find my self sittin on my arse just feeling like shit!! any how i have been experiencing what i think is a brain bounce as you described as a withdraral symptom! i feel like my arms and legs are throbbing(this is not painful)it just makes me dizzy and shit like that!! is this dangerous and should i see a doc bout it!! peace

you are the fucking moron

u do realize that the "fake chemical induced happiness" is created by your REAL brain
the only reason these drugs make you feel the way you do is BECAUSE OF YOUR BRAIN
you cant just open up a bag of happy pills and all the sudden the air is filled with glee
MDMA allows your brain to release (excessively) serotonin that your brain ALREADY HAS
whats "fake" about that?
u have a significant amount of posts on this site
and u just spit some dumb shit

im not going to call you a moron, but i do feel i have to correct you. ALL of our medications we take FOR ANYTHING have a basis in nature... even synthetic chemicals have a base on a natural process.

what is 'fake' about it is that there is no situation where your body will produce that amount of seratonin, other than when you provoke it with MDMA.
selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors are designed to block the level of the chemical being reabsorbed into your body, and works on the same area of the brain as x - it would therefore stand to reason that you can not and should not mix it.

the other aspect to state here is that people who take drugs are unhappy people, and should be directed to a doctor so a medical proff can help you. there is no justification for taking drugs to afect your mood, because it will inevitably make the situation worse.

and before you state that i am getting on my high horse... up until i watched my face turn purple after snorting and ingesting 13 pills i 'rolled' two to three times a week, religiously for over three years. so the people above that are talking about whether they should double drop or not... PETTY MEN. take 10+ and look in the mirror. you will see a dribbling, drooling idiot, not the person you are inside.

drugs are bad people. the difference between x and an ssri is hundreds of years of practical, evidence based medicinal knowledge and research. dont take the chance on something that you all have patently no realistic knowledge about. get some new friends, a career, change your life, and you will have very very very little need for drugs, illegal or otherwise.

just a thought.

the other aspect to state here is that people who take drugs are unhappy people, and should be directed to a doctor so a medical proff can help you. there is no justification for taking drugs to afect your mood, because it will inevitably make the situation worse.

and before you state that i am getting on my high horse... up until i watched my face turn purple after snorting and ingesting 13 pills i 'rolled' two to three times a week, religiously for over three years. so the people above that are talking about whether they should double drop or not... PETTY MEN. take 10+ and look in the mirror. you will see a dribbling, drooling idiot, not the person you are inside.

drugs are bad people. the difference between x and an ssri is hundreds of years of practical, evidence based medicinal knowledge and research. dont take the chance on something that you all have patently no realistic knowledge about. get some new friends, a career, change your life, and you will have very very very little need for drugs, illegal or otherwise.

This is a rather interesting little post you have provided here. first off, It's most definitely a rather crass accusation to say that people who consume drugs are un-happy people. So the majority of people on this wonderful website you're saying are in need of medical attention ? I would love to learn more about your theory here. But, I don't wish to cause argument. I simply wish that you would realize that there is numerous justifications for doing drugs, and you're giving them a "evil label" Drugs, for me are one of my hobbies, I enjoy experimenting and curiously dissecting my "trips" and experiences. Granted, I do drugs for the euphoria, but how does that make me a bad person or in need of medical attention ?
Also, you claim that OP or anyone else that commented has no knowledge about SSRI's or Ecstasy ? That is bullocks and I'm sure if you where a sensible person, you would have to agree. Change my life ? Get new friends ? and I will have very little need for drugs ? that's pure rubbish, I have great friends, I'm working steadily on my career, and I happily consume drugs in moderation. Where is the problem ? Please elaborate !

Sorry for that rant, Anyway I was recently diagnosed with mild depression, anxiety, and panic disorder, and am taking Zoloft 100mg for it. I've considered switching my RX to Alprazolam (Xanax). Zoloft has had little effect on me, I've documented my months of taking it, and have noticed little improvement. However, my panic disorder, and anxiety have been linked to THC (It's a shame I know). Since I stopped smoking THC I have noticed improvements in my mental stability. I am wondering whether or not the Zoloft was necessary at all ? A side note relating to the topic, I have consumed MDMA(tested) I had a mild roll, with no comedown. I'm curious as too how I'm able to roll (even mildly) while on SSRI's and will Xanax be an issue with future roll's.

My Regards - Apollp.

I'm very surprised to see such a thread as a sticky in Healthy Living

Can a Moderator please edit the first post to correct the 2 dozens 'seratonin' grammar mistake, it hurts my eyes :)

I'm still a bit unclear on the final word on postloading for non-depressed people attempting to prevent nerotoxicity. Are there any negative complications that are probable to arise from taking 10mg of something like Paxil 6 hours after the last roll?

I realize this is half a decade old, but I'd be interested in an answer to this as well