• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Splishy splashy - aka the wine guide

fruitylexia.jpg

joking joking =D - that was the first wine I got trashed on back in my misspent youth

I've been sticking mainly to sav blanc and shiraz recently, nothing fancy though :(

Berri Estates 5L is where it's at ;)

Twin Islands Sav Blanc is very nice. Very nice, indeed. I haven't been able to find it in many bottle shops though.

fruitylexia.jpg

joking joking =D - that was the first wine I got trashed on back in my misspent youth

I've been sticking mainly to sav blanc and shiraz recently, nothing fancy though :(

Oh dear, I know that box monster.

Blow up the empty bag and you have a nice silver pillow for when you sleep on the bench

Has to be done:

Frenzal Rhomb - 4 Litres

Sup...
Comes in a box
It will fuck you up
It speaks so softly to you
tell you to have a sup
It's moselle, chablis, rose, reisling
When you think it's gone
Well you know it's not
Just blow it up
Because you know it's all you've got
It's cheaper than the box it comes in
4 Litres...
Choke on number 1
Retch on number 2
When four comes around you know that it's all good news
Only buy claret if it's the last goon in the shop
4 litres...
sup the goon
sup it

I couldn't drink wine when I was young so I always used to buy those $12 melon schnapps. Like off brand midori, but not as nice. I think I would puke if I even smelled some now.

I once drank some chocolate, milky liqueur that was so old it had lumps coagulated in it. A friend and I strained it through our teeth and still got drunk. Ah youthful days and stealing from parents' cabinets.

Ugh, the first few times I got drunk was off the shitty stuff in my parents liquor cabinet. They never drank so it was full of really old stuff. Port and sherry with black sediment. Green's Ginger Wine. Crap like that. There was some bacardi though, which was nice :)

This reminds me of an excellent Christmas morn in which my mother decided she wanted to crack open the Never Touched alcohol cabinet for a yuletide treat.

Unfortunately UAN had accessed said cabinet with the silent promise of 'totally replacing the empty bottles before anyone notices.'

Suffice to say, the UAN family had a dry Christmas.

Heheh, my friend and I refilled it oh so skilfully with diet coke and water

I wish I had been that clever! I really did think I would replace them. Man, that was embarrassing. Even my Nanna gave me the evil eye and she was on her way to dementiaville.

Well my friend ratted me/us out in front of the extended family during her speech at my 21st birthday (we nicked the booze when we were 14-15 I think). Luckily I had confessed to my parents about a week ago for some reason.

Karumba Estate Cabernet Sauvignon - Vic

Had it with some absolutely magnificent Chinese on Sunday night and it is one of the best reds i've tasted in a long time.

I'm going to have to buy a case me thinks.

C J Pask, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
Syrah, very drinkable red, I seem to keep getting through cases of the stuff!!!

I am a white wine drinker by preference, and I am lucky enough to live bang-smack in the middle of a wine region! I just adore Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, and some of my favourite local vineyards are Phillip Shaw, Brangayne, Cumulus, Mayfield, Belgravia & Prince of Orange... so lucky to live where I do!

Just opened a bottle of 05 Parnassus Chardonnay from the Wild Dog Winery in Warragul, Gippsland.
I love being able to drink my souvenirs =D

works for me.

I have to stock up again on wines cause we went through so many during Xmas. Highlight would have been the Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonny we have on Xmas day. I'm not a big white drinker, but that was worth the effort.

I wonder how much this was worth in 2008.
I was just down at Leeuwin Estate on the weekend and the most recent Art Series Chardonnay was about $90 and some of the older ones were +$100

Tasty stuff but there are much cheaper ones out there that are almost as good

Just opened a bottle of 05 Parnassus Chardonnay from the Wild Dog Winery in Warragul, Gippsland.
I love being able to drink my souvenirs =D

Wild Dog knocks out some good wines.

Got into the Grenache Shiraz lately, some nice ones going around at the moment

as much as I hate to admit it, the kiwis makes some fine wines. Monkey Bay all the way. (Sauvignon Blanc that is).