• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television South Park

rate it

• Total voters
Cannibal??? You forgot PRINCESS the dog, you guys gotta check that this out, its a Flash video series made by Matt n Trey

So sad. South Park was once such a great show. The best episodes IMO where the ones that ripped on current events/politics/beliefs and trends.

This. It's lost all of its complexity.

It no longer feels like cultural satire, instead seeming recently more akin to the earlier seasons.

Last edited:
What did everyone think of the new episode?

I thought the Matrix/alcohol reference was hilarious. This episode had more substance than what we've been seeing from the show lately, hopefully they keep it up.

There's a behind the scenes documentary on tonight about what goes in to making an episode of South Park.

If you have Netflix Instant, this will give you a good idea of what goes into South Park behind the scenes.

Where's the South Park thread? I can only find archives of old threads. What do you guys think about the current season? I thought the most recent episode (about Cash 4 Gold) was kind of stupid. Not their wittiest idea.

Not their wittiest, but I still liked it. I don't know why but the little video of the plane/gold/jewelry going back and forth from North America to India (I think) had me geekin' pretty hard.

The one before that, about the drastic consequences of leaving the toilet seat up, wasn't one of the best either but neither have been terrible or anything.

The episode tomorrow looks promising from the commercials I've seen. It has something to do with the republican primary.

The latest episode of South Park, "Faith Hilling", is one of the worst episodes of any television show I have ever seen. It is far worse than any episode of The Simpsons; worse than any episode of any talk show; worse than Steve Irwin; worse than George W. Bush; worse than having a Mariachi band defecate on your face while being sodomized by an electric eel. Dead babies are funnier than this episode. Does Trey Parker have brain damage? What the fuck? The quality of this episode seriously depressed me. I was looking forward to a new South Park. I don't know why I bother any more. The show has turned to utter fucking garbage. Every week I just set myself up to be disappointed.

Not their wittiest, but I still liked it. I don't know why but the little video of the plane/gold/jewelry going back and forth from North America to India (I think) had me geekin' pretty hard.

The one before that, about the drastic consequences of leaving the toilet seat up, wasn't one of the best either but neither have been terrible or anything.

Butters always gets the upper hand in the end.

damn i havnt seen the new episode, is it really that bad lol? I do agree that they are kinda losing their fire, just like the simpsons they have been on for such a long time that its like uhh so what can we think of next?

ill always be a die hard SP fan, but so far this season hasnt been too impressive. the last one i have seen is the toilet seat one. def not their best. its no scott tennorman for sure.

Hmm, yeah I only watched through "Faith Hilling" because I wondered what they were trying to communicate. It almost seems like this episode is a cue to viewers that Parker and Stone are exhausted. I was admittedly fucked up watching the episode and am typing this, but is "Faith Hilling" an analogy for making South Park? Is South Park the old meme? We already have hints that they find doing South Park a burden, are tied into doing more because of contractual obligations, and have ambitions to be Broadway impresarios, but what the fuck? Its hard to imagine a show usually so topical and allegorical is really just talking about internet memes and that's it.

Is Butters with a gun in his mouth, them? Hardly. They still have a nationally broadcast show where they can satirize anything they please, so it's hard to be sympathetic if what they're saying is that they've outgrown the format. No one forced them to do Book of Mormon. If they're so exhausted can't they delegate the creative aspect to somebody else? Maybe South Park is "their baby" and they have to write it by obligation, but damn, you'd think something could be done to give someone else a shot at all that prime time they don't want. I guess I don't understand why they can only thrive on their own very specific terms (at the moment, Broadway) when the animated American town vehicle can still drive a point.

Does somebody have other info to better explain this because it doesn't make sense to me?

is "Faith Hilling" an analogy for making South Park?
I don't think so. I think it was just a really lame episode.

They really are going the way of The Simpsons. I don't think they'll ever get that bad though -- Trey and Matt still write it so it's always alright.

They have already become worse than The Simpsons.

I too only watched through the episode because I thought they must have something up their sleeve. I figured there would be a pay off moment, so all of it made sense. Despite how seemingly bad the first half of the episode was, I reminded myself that Trey Parker was at the helm so I kept watching. I've been doing this, denying the state of the show, for the past two years. I don't think the episode was analogical. Nor do I understand why The Book of Mormon is supposedly taking up so much of their time. It has been on stage for over twelve months. Unless Trey happens to be making changes to every single performance, his position as writer/director is pretty much over. During the initial stages of production, I understood to some extent. Now, I don't.

The only explanation is that he doesn't care about South Park any more; and, by extension, that he doesn't care about his loyal fans. If "Faith Hilling" is an allegory, then South Park is as stupid as cats with pieces of bread on their head and we are the idiots that tune in. Trey has outgrown the toilet-humour laden animation; we have not. Now that he has made it big on Broadway, South Park is beneath him. We are beneath him. The declining quality of the show, and Trey's indifference towards it, is an insult to us. The people who made him rich. The people who tuned in every week for sixteen years. His obligation belongs both to Comedy Central and to the people that love him; making a shitty episode only fulfils the first part.

If South Park is going to still exist until the end of 2013, he owes us more than shit. His fans will continue to tune in, out of loyalty, and will continue to be disappointed. There is no justification for this. The same thing goes for The Simpsons and Star Wars. Unfortunately, Trey Parker, is becoming/ has become another Matt Groening or George Lucas figure. He is not only tarnishing his own reputation, he is ruining a legacy. He is saying fuck you to his fans; because he has better, more sophisticated, fans now. Broadway fans.

Watching the latest episodes of South Park is like watching as Steven Spielberg rapes Indiana Jones. The only difference is that Indiana Jones 4 was an entertaining film, despite it's flaws. Indy is still alive after being sodomized by his creator; South Park is being fucked to death. I say fuck Trey Parker. Fuck him in his stupid ass. I can't help but tune in any more than Star Wars fans could help buying a ticket to Episode III. South Park is one of my favourite shows, of all time. And every week I watch as it is destroyed, carelessly, by this hypocritical asshole. It is like having part of my childhood surgically removed without anaesthetic. Watching South Park leaves me feeling depressed and angry. There is no explanation, psood0nym. Trey just doesn't give a shit about us any more.

Like everyone else I was extremely disappointed the the latest episode. How could Trey and Matt ever let that air? I know that they have been creating each episode about a week before it airs, but come on. That was just utterly terrible. They are only two episodes into the season and it is already awful. I hope for their sake that it picks up. I thought that it was supposed to be about the republican debate, which could have been a great episode.

For all of you disappointed in the current season, read back a page or two--Your conversation echos last season's discussion. 8)

(I don't even know why I'm still subscribed to this thread--Maybe for the hope that the show will miraculously get better.)

I was ok with the first two episodes of this season. Not their best for sure but I didn't feel they were that terrible. But this "Faith Hilling" episode really just felt like it was phoned in. I kept watching expecting it to get better but it didn't.

To those who think that Trey and Matt are giving up. I don't know about that. When the Cynical asshole episode came out people asked them in interviews if that was gonna be their last season and they said hell no. They said they still love doing the show.

Honestly I think they are just running out of ideas. It has got to be tough to keep coming up with new episodes after so long. The Simpsons ceased to be great at around the 10-12th season. But even in the new episodes every once in awhile you still get a gem of an episode. I think that is what South Park is gonna be at this point. Mostly bad to mediocre episodes with a couple of great ones mixed in.

I think Matt and Trey should do what Groeining did when The Simpsons got old. Create a new and better show like he did with Futurama which a shit ton better than The Simpsons.