Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television South Park

rate it

• Total voters
Re: Matt & Trey,

They shouldn't have signed a contract until 2013 if they weren't going to bother writing decent episodes. I don't feel sorry for them. In my opinion, they have a responsibility to their fans to maintain the quality of their programming. Most of their fans will keep watching regardless of the quality. They know this. That is why they don't care.

If they really wanted to get out of the contract, they could. They wouldn't receive the millions of dollars owed for episodes yet to be produced, they might even loose a little pocket cash, but they are already millionaires, aren't they?

“And it’s this curse, and when we are doing it, I hate it. I’m pissed off and I’m tired, and every single Tuesday I say, ‘This is the worst show we’ve ever done!’ It’s brutal. But it’s something I am a part of that’s bigger than I am. That’s what most important.

I don't know what the "bigger than he is" shit means. Sounds like PC bullshit. The interesting thing about this quote is that he is aware that the episodes are getting worse and worse.

He should either stop making what he knows is bad television (especially after ripping on so many other shows, like the Family Guy/ Manatee episode among many others) or he should spend some more time writing the episodes/ hire someone else to write them.

South Park should make an episode about how bad the writing in South Park is, just like it did about Family Guy. That would be a good episode. But, it won't. Because Parker has been inflated by ego and is no longer capable of looking at his work objectively. South Park is a thing, separate from him now, it is out of his control. Despite the fact that he writes, directs, produces and acts out most of the characters... it is "bigger than him" and therefore he is not responsible.

Bullshit.

I agree that this latest season is shit for the most part. They should have let it die instead of running it into the ground like this. Goddamn entertainment contracts...

I'm not really feeling this season either. Hopefully there will be atleast a couple episodes that stick out, that seems to be the case with the last couple seasons anyway.

mr_mackey.jpg

Shitty teriyaki, kind of a shitty episode and a really shitty season so far.

T.M.I was funny
That's about it

Watching the new one now

^Best episode of the season. Kind of depressing though.

SPOILERS:
NSFW:
There's a lot of self-awareness about the decline of the show. Sharon Marsh says "Every week it's kind of the same story in a different way but it just keeps getting more and more ridiculous." Meanwhile, in the background, two country bumpkins escape through the window carrying handfuls of Randy's "britches" so they won't be destroyed by his farting rock-star alter ego Steamy Ray Vaughn.

The episode itself is terrible. In fact, it's worse than terrible. It's shit. But it knows it's shit. This time, South Park itself is part of the target. Stan perceives Adam Sandler films and Jim Carrey films as shit, along with the characters in South Park. Kyle turns into a big pile of shit in front of his eyes. We are watching the very thing that Trey Parker is criticizing - brainless humor, so bad that it resembles shit. Parker is saying, through Stan, "...it’s this curse, and when we are doing it, I hate it. I’m pissed off and I’m tired, and every single Tuesday I say, ‘This is the worst show we’ve ever done!’"

Ended on a bit of a cliffhanger. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Tween wave is dubstep, right? ;)

Yeah, I get what you are saying TheDeceased

haha i was thinking the same thing...... Dubstep does actually kinda sound like someones shitting in your ears, but thats the dirty filth i love :)

Yeah, I'm glad they acknowledged what everyone's already saying... that the show has gone to shit. I'm happy with the way that they approached the problem and gave a bit of an explanation why.

So sad. South Park was once such a great show. The best episodes IMO where the ones that ripped on current events/politics/beliefs and trends. It wouldn't be hard to just follow that formulae out till 2013.

Can't believe they're letting it go like this.

ya they're going to shit, sadly :|
/still watch them ;P
//trey/matt are geniuses!!
///anyone see 'book of mormon'?

I wanna know which one of them got blown by Charlie Sheen to not get ripped to pieces in an episode.

Seriously I would love you guys so much if you would check out the link I put on the last page, I went on a bit of a K bender and wrote what I think is a REALLY good South Park episode- it's in the classic form, loaded with tie-ins to past episodes and current events. All about charlie sheen getting fucked up on RCs to beat drug tests that cartman sells to him in 'tiger blood' energy drink. Cartman is buying off the 'Chinese', but it's really Pablo escobar with plastic surgery to look Chinese alive and well still selling drugs to the world... it get's crazier, but the big message is that RC's can't be stopped, the DEA is retarded for thinking they can, and RCs are more dangerous than 'classic' drugs that have been around forever.

I'm really disappointed with this season, I know the script is kinda long, but shit, if you are missing good south park action after this last season lol give my shit a read. And if you like it PLEASE MAKE AN ACCOUNT THERE AND LEAVE COMMENTS! I wanna see this made! It really would have been so much better than most of the shit they put out this season =\

Last edited:
^lol actually I JUST added cannibal the musical to my netflix to-do list last night, orgazmo, team america, basketball, all their side projects have been gold haha

team america/BASEketball< ;P > are givens!!
cannibal's funny, it's been a bit since i've seen it- i do remember thinking 'u gotta really like their humor to like this'
/i saw a few min of a 'daily show' epi where stewart had matt/trey on, and they'd mentioned "the book of mormon" as their current release :)

Hey Sanger I custom designed you a keyboard that will let you type more efficiently and easier.

NSFW:
slashkeyboard.jpg