• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television South Park

rate it

• Total voters
Yeah that's fucked. They signed on for another three years after already admitting that the show has gone down the toilet. The motivation to be funny is not just an expectation. It is a question of integrity. Clearly, Trey has no integrity. The only counter argument that anyone has put up is that they are contractually obliged until 2013. So now there is no counter argument. They officially don't give a fuck about their fans. They officially have no integrity. They are officially greedy cunts who are happy to continue to profit from our disappointment.

Shows that have run for twelve years, or twenty years, don't need to keep going just for the sake of it. Seinfeld maintained itself as a quality show right till the end. Curb Your Enthusiasm will be no different. Larry David only commits to another season of Curb if he feels like he has some decent material to work with. He is a writer, with integrity, who has carried the bulk of two long running sitcoms without ever selling out. I can give you more examples, if you like.

There is no logic in what you're saying. Just cause a show has run for a decade doesn't mean it has to run itself into the ground over and over again until the fans end up hating it. Most shows that turn to shit realise it and wrap things up. If South Park doesn't improve dramatically - and I don't think it will - it will have seven bad seasons by 2016.

There are only two shows that have fucked up this much. The Simpsons and South Park. That's it. Decline is not an inevitability. Trey Parker is a douche bag.

They should probably put a little more time into the production process. I mean, the one week start to finish formula would be neat if they were keeping up with extremely recent events on the show, but they haven't been doing so and quality has been suffering from the haste. Parker has stated that he's unhappy with every episode he turns in each week, so why not cut out the extended vacation time between seasons to produce something substantial? They don't really need south park for money or acclaim, the book of mormon was a huge success. If they want to work on other projects during their off time, they should just pull the plug on south park.

it seems like this is the last season. i dont know what they are contracted to but with the way things have been so far its like they are done and dont care anymore. tonights episode was another bore

What is happening to South Park IMO kind of reminds me of what has happened to Jay Leno.

Jay Leno back in the day was a funny and respected stand up comedian especially by other comedians. Now (more than ever because of his behavior in dealing with Conan) he is probably one of the most hated by both the public and other comedians. And yet Leno has a die hard fan base that will tune in every night despite how much he has dumbed down his routines night after night.

With South Park you have a similar problem. A creatively burned out funny man who has basically given up, churning out sub-standard episodes for the money, or possibly because of an unwillingness to let go of what they view as their baby. Every once in awhile you will get an episode that captures a little bit of that creative genius of the past. Like Leno sometimes cracks a genuinely funny joke. But that brief glimpse will be quickly covered up by dumb idiotic episodes that were phoned in with little to no regard for the fan base.

In the end I think both Trey Parker and Jay Leno have something in common. They are both unwilling to let go and let their great ride end. Instead they have elected to carry on until the bitter end. I do not think they have any malicious intent. But I do think that they need to learn to let go. South Park has had a great run. One of the best. And sometimes excepting that can be a problem. Like an aging ex champion boxer who keeps making comebacks and can't accept the fact that his best days are behind him. Trey needs to hang up the gloves and retire gracefully. Not disappoint the fans by losing like this over and over again.

What is happening to South Park IMO kind of reminds me of what has happened to Jay Leno.

Jay Leno back in the day was a funny and respected stand up comedian especially by other comedians. Now (more than ever because of his behavior in dealing with Conan) he is probably one of the most hated by both the public and other comedians. And yet Leno has a die hard fan base that will tune in every night despite how much he has dumbed down his routines night after night.

With South Park you have a similar problem. A creatively burned out funny man who has basically given up, churning out sub-standard episodes for the money, or possibly because of an unwillingness to let go of what they view as their baby. Every once in awhile you will get an episode that captures a little bit of that creative genius of the past. Like Leno sometimes cracks a genuinely funny joke. But that brief glimpse will be quickly covered up by dumb idiotic episodes that were phoned in with little to no regard for the fan base.

In the end I think both Trey Parker and Jay Leno have something in common. They are both unwilling to let go and let their great ride end. Instead they have elected to carry on until the bitter end. I do not think they have any malicious intent. But I do think that they need to learn to let go. South Park has had a great run. One of the best. And sometimes excepting that can be a problem. Like an aging ex champion boxer who keeps making comebacks and can't accept the fact that his best days are behind him. Trey needs to hang up the gloves and retire gracefully. Not disappoint the fans by losing like this over and over again.

I agree however it was not Trey's decision to keep going (he wanted to quit but was contractually pressured to continue).

While watching the newest episode I really connected with Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman. Just like them, I was bored out of my fucking mind. :| I think Trey and Matt really need to put more time into each episode. I know they always have done it that way, but it is no longer working.

The new South Parks episodes are just awful. The show really started going downhill around season 9/10. Every single episode is just so insanely over the top, and keeps introducing one episode characters that are just awful. The earlier episodes really focused on life in South Park and the boys, even developing characters like Mayor McDaniels, Chef, Clyde, Craig, Tweek, etc.

Even Matt and Trey have realized that they have run out of ideas.

The last truly genius episode was the 'shake weight' one.

WTF were they thinking with that Jewpacabra episode? That wasn't even worth airing. Other episodes this season have also been rather poorly executed. Some good ideas too, like ripping on Cash 4 Gold and women bitching about leaving the toilet seat up. Good ideas, poor execution.

This last one was actually really funny. Cartman is back to being his old racist self again.

The Simpsons has used a variety of different writers throughout all of their episodes. On the other hand, Trey Parker has written every single South Park episodes (with the assistance of Matt Stone for a small portion of them). It's different. The Simpsons as a show is burned out. On the other hand, Trey Parker himself is burned out on writing episodes. South Park might benefit if they were to have hired a few extra writers over the years. The show has been living off the ideas of one man. Not only is Trey Parker probably running dry on creative input, but I'm pretty sure he's sick and tired of the show as it is. By now he's clearly low on inspiration for the show, and he doesn't seem to be putting much effort into most of the new shit. If he oversaw a team of a writers, maybe we'd get a few good seasons out of it. Yeah, you might say that it just wouldn't be the same, but South Park already isn't the same anymore.

I finally caught up with South Park again. The latest episode (Cartman Finds Love) is indeed worthy. Not a great episode, but it's funny and makes some valuable commentary.

Perhaps the show isn't quite dead.

the last one i have seen is the border patrol one. i laughed my ass off esp the fact they were calling butters mantaquilla lol, which is butter in spanish (duh) even if all the new ones suck, there is such a wealth of classic episodes to choose from. i caught the ungroundables the other day where butters thinks he has turned himself into a vampire and all of the goth kids are pissed bc everyone at school gets them missed up

watch "6 days to air: the making of south park". it is exactly as it sounds. those people are nuts.

that and trey and matt were on acid at the oscars they had the musical nomination in.

The latest episode of South Park, "Raising the Bar" (Season 16, Episode 9), significantly raises... the bar. It is not only the best episode of the season, it is (excluding "Medicinal Fried Chicken") hands-down the best episode produced over the past four years. "Raising the Bar" is classic South Park. The social commentary is relevant, and well-executed, and the episode is utterly hilarious.

NSFW:
My new favorite South Park quote: "James Cameron: James Cameron doesn't do what James Cameron does for James Cameron; James Cameron does what James Cameron does because James Cameron is James Cameron!"

(Watch the episode first: minor spoilers)

great episode!!!
/feel kind of oblivious, but no idea what/why james cameron. am not even sure if they were mocking or praising him. or both.