• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone who has dosed more than 3.5g of shrooms, what's it like?

bsyde82

Greenlighter
Didn't want to hijack someone else's thread so I'll ask here - has anyone done more than 1/8 oz of shrooms at once? I've always done 1/8, nothing more nothing less. It's a great trip every time, but I'm a bit curious if it gets crazier beyond 1/8, or if there's a ceiling.

Anyone ever try?

have done 15g wet magic truffles with 5g syrian rue, takes you to crazy places, way deeper than 3.5g shrooms. There is indeed what you call a ceiling, at some point you can only trip longer not harder, but i don't know what dosage would be needed for that

have done 15g wet magic truffles with 5g syrian rue, takes you to crazy places, way deeper than 3.5g shrooms. There is indeed what you call a ceiling, at some point you can only trip longer not harder, but i don't know what dosage would be needed for that

Damn 15g? and what is syrian rue? Was it a good trip?

wet dosage is a lot higher than dry, a wet shroom dose is around 30g. Syrian rue is a MAO inhibitor, and MAO is an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of monoamines so basically the breakdown of the chemicals that make you trip take longer so you trip harder

from my experience: extremely intense psychedelic experiences are better done with substances that don't last for several hours.
It's great to be totally gone for some 15 minutes with a load of e.g. 5-MeO-DMT.

I am very reluctant to have a similarly extreme experience (with e.g. 8g or more cubensis mushroom) again, that will last for several hours.

Consider it carefully before taking extreme doses of long lasting psychedelics.

From my experience it was always weird, in parts hard to remember or recall and left me with dormant (yet strong) memories of these moments, that would sometimes come up again while tripping.

Remember: Mushrooms are not all the same.
Speaking of stropharia cubensis, I'd say 3.5 is a good medium dose.
If you're interested, I'd suggest you try out to increase your dose in small steps.
Try 4.5g
Try 5.5g
At a level abouve about 6g I think for my self: The ration of beauty/weirdness becomes very small.
And my conclusion: It's great to repeat a high dose that has a very high beauty/weirdness ratio.
It's probably not even worth the material to take a higher dose where beauty/weirdness<1.
If you want to experience this, i repeat my self, substances with short duration are the way to go, imo.

To the questions how it is like:
(speaking of e.g. 10g cubensis and the like):

Language in my had fell apart: There would appear words in my mind.
E.g. "tomorrow", or "lovingness" and the like. Random words. And I was hardy (if at all) able to grasp their meaning, yet was aware of e.g. a strong emotional content I asociate with "lovingness".
The memory of persons would come into my mind: my Dad, friends.

Things in my mind would totally occupy me.
At times racing thoughts.
At times I would do things (run, shout) for no other reason than to just do it and without thinking about any concequences of anything I did.
I just tried e.g. my voice in the weirdest ways.

I have memories of myself in third person, sitting + standing up. Looking over my own shoulder.
Don't know how it was "live".
There is the memory of the fact, but not of the "how", no memory concerning the quality of it.

Summa summarum
or tl;dr:
Descriptoin of efects: see right above.
I prefer short substances for extreme experiences.
IMO nothing wrong with going to doses of about 5 to 6g of p.cubensis.
IF you do so, increase dosage step by step!
imo: never ever just double your dose from something high to something extreme.
You have all the time in the world to do one step after the next.

Regards,
homme

I take 15 dried grams (about 140g wet) regularly and find it very comfortable. Acid gets uncomfortable at high doses but I don't find shrooms do.

I have taken >3.5g.

I felt like I was drowning and there was WATER here, WATER there, WATER WATER WATER WATER everywhere. I went status epilepticus from ~5 grams of dry indoor cultivated mushrooms. I ate the mushrooms and in half an hour I was shaking. My entire body continued shaking approximately an hour. I couldn't move, but this wasn't painful. This also happens when I smoke some types of indoor cultivated bud. There is some specific containment I have an adverse reaction to for sure. Outdoor mushrooms, outdoor marijuana, and synthetic psychedelics haven't induced this response.

The other people did not notice any odd effects from the same batch. I had an abnormal reaction, I know.

Last edited:
I take 15 dried grams (about 140g wet) regularly and find it very comfortable. Acid gets uncomfortable at high doses but I don't find shrooms do.

Same here and , yes, it's very comfortable at that dose...wet 100-150 grams is more intense, IMO, than the adjusted dry weight though.

That said...do what Homme suggested, go up incrementally.

Last edited:
I took 6gr once a long time ago when I could handle something like that lol. It was much different from my usual 3.5gr dose. Of course it was much more intense and I couldn't get comfortable. Stayed up about 16hrs , not a great time really, I wished I had only done my regular dosage at the time...

I have done 4.5 grams of mushrooms. This is the most I've taken. It was very intense.However, I had.just quit klonopin so it wasnt realistic or hi res etc.
Just like everything else at the time, everything was flat, dry, ugly, empty, emphasis on orange/brown tones visually, flat, cartoony etc.

What I do remember was the facewarping was very intense. Usually it manifests as effects, but this was entire scenes of changed expressions, aliens faces, third eyes, etc.

I know at a certain point I felt that I died and demonic red images filled the room, the tables filled with rivers, and I looked down and I was holding this giant orb of glowing energy in my hand that grew. I'm having the wierdest deja vu.

It was the same as lower, but, there was a point where it trailed off into not caring and almost amnesia compared to 3.5.

I have done 4.5 grams of mushrooms. This is the most I've taken. It was very intense.However, I had.just quit klonopin so it wasnt realistic or hi res etc.
Just like everything else at the time, everything was flat, dry, ugly, empty, emphasis on orange/brown tones visually, flat, cartoony etc.

What I do remember was the facewarping was very intense. Usually it manifests as effects, but this was entire scenes of changed expressions, aliens faces, third eyes, etc.

I know at a certain point I felt that I died and demonic red images filled the room, the tables filled with rivers, and I looked down and I was holding this giant orb of glowing energy in my hand that grew. I'm having the wierdest deja vu.

It was the same as lower, but, there was a point where it trailed off into not caring and almost amnesia compared to 3.5.

Is that on par with a normal shrooms trip for you? NOt in terms of intensity but what you see/hear/feel? I gotta say, that doesn't sound too majestic except maybe the rivers.

Now that I think about it, a lot of the things I saw ended up happening. I wonder if its a sort of story built into human minds that is unlocked.

Is that on par with a normal shrooms trip for you? NOt in terms of intensity but what you see/hear/feel? I gotta say, that doesn't sound too majestic except maybe the rivers.

I mean, that was just a small part of it. I enjoy mushrooms very much. I've done them for many years. I'm saying its hard to not experience things like that during benzo withdrawal. It helped tho. I felt better the next day.

To first post.
It all depends on the strain and how they were grown. I've eaten a quarter before and got a ton of energy and a head high. But the ones I have now "penis envy" are so potent I can't eat over 1.5 grams. Last time i ate .7 of a big one thinking whatever. All I could hear my buddy saying was blah blur brahjdkdn. Was very intense but wasn't alarming to me. I recently had some Thailand ones where my buddy and I ate 1.5 each to test them out. Body load and not much visually. I also am going to try a gram of z strain this weekend or the next.
So it depends. What strain. How they're grown. And most importantly the size. Smaller the stronger. Bigger just has more mass less goodies. Also I eat them on an empty stomach. Which hits much better. Oh and i usually gring them in a coffe grinder so it comes on fast and there's less to break down in my stomach.

I took a shitload of Liberty Cap stems and steeped them in water and drank it. I didn't think the stems would be very potent. Don't know how much it was but it was a lot. I got so messed up that I lost the ability to read words. It might as well have been written in Russian because I could make no sense of it. Also, I was gonna go to a bus stop but I looked and saw a guy there in a suit and I just knew that he was Satan so I went back inside. Then when I looked at a wooden door the wood grain looked like flames and I thought I was in hell. I also got the urge to go outside naked but fortunately I didn't actually do it. Then the radio was on and the DJ was talking crazy shit instead of normal DJ stuff. Let's just say, it scared the crap out of me.

I ate a half ounce before when I was a stupid kid and I was hooped I thought my buddy I was meeting up with was wearing rainbow shorts when really he had on denim jeans hahaha I said what's up with the gay shorts and he looked at me like I was retarded then I realised as I looked down again he had on normal jeans. I spent the rest of the night wandering around with my other buddy's who ate an 8th each and we took a bunch of MDMA too like always cause shrooms synergize so nicely with MDMA. We always went to the forest and run around or the airport where we would watch's the lights and planes take off it was cool every trip we never had bad trips cause the MDMA made us so happy.

I ate 15g of dried subaeruginosa once, about 5 years ago. I am still trying to make sense of it today. It is beyond anything you could expect. Would I take the experience back? Fuck no. Would I do it again? Fuck no. All subsequent mushroom experiences have been highly strung with serene feelings of impending doom. Instead of being a pleasurable experience I am presented with struggle, and it feels like condemnation and punishment for my own disrespect. I keep going back though, because I now know the experience isn't meant to be fun. It is meant to help me reconstruct myself to the vibrations of the universe and erode away at the displeasure I project in my day to day life.

Moral of the story, if you like muahrooms for recreation, be sensible when pushing the boundaries.

Are you growing them yourself or buying them from a dealer? Home grown shrooms if grown correctly are far more potent than most of the old shit you find on the streets. I ended up throwing a bunch of Pink Buffalo and Ecuador away because they were too much, well, and I was drunk and being stupid. I was fucking pissed in the morning when I realized I had chucked them. Nicest batch I've ever produced. Not a single contaminate on any of the jars, only took about a month for the mycelium to completely cover the jar when only injecting .5cc into each. I'm still fucking pissed now that I think about it. That was enough to keep me from drinking again. Haha. Anyway, depending on the strain and where/how they were grown+age, I wouldn't dose up too much. Shrooms have a dark side, and it's really dark.

It can be overwheling to some. Mentally and to an extent visually, it feels more like high dose LSD or DMT, rather than the usual stoned-y headspace of sub 3.5g doses. There's a lot less lucidity than other psychedelics, especially in 5g+, it get's alarmingly confusing and disorienting. 5g is usually my sweet spot, or 4.5.