• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Some Ideas To Using Nitrous Safely

Do you ever experience a phenomenon whereby you store memories within the nitrous oxide experience that can only be accessed with more nitrous oxide? Even a decade after being a heavy nitrous user I can still access some of those memories, or more so messages, when I've had enough nitrous. It's very bizarre.

Nitrous oxide is one of my favorite drugs in some regards, but it took a toll on me. Not on my nerves (or myelin sheaths) but my lungs. I feel like my lungs feel off for a while after going through a bunch of it these days. Even if filtered.
Nitrous is trippy af, i can def relate to your experience.
But you have do alot and keep going to get to those weird spots..
I shared around 1200whippets with my gf on 4acodmt on Nye.
Def got some major flashbacks from old trips while listening to kalya scintilla.

Last edited:
Gary have you ever tried the larger 500-600g tanks? Do they also have as much oils?
I've used the 580g tanks and oil didn't build up on the screw thread of the dispenser like it did on the thread of my cracker I used with the 8g whippets. Only something small I noticed but maybe less oil is mobilised by the difference in pressure between large and small tanks?

I also find that the NOS coming out of the larger tanks was never cold enough to freeze things like with 8g whippets, I think because the change in pressure is not as great.

Nitrous is trippy af, i can def relate to your experience.
But you have do alot and keep going to get to those weird spots..
I shared around 1200whippets with my gf on 4acodmt.
Def got some major flashbacks from old trips while listening to kalya scintilla.

Man I had some good times with Kalya back in the day.. Seen him quite a few times actually. I feel that style of psychedelic/eastern/bass isn’t nearly as easy to find these days.

Well guys I’m doing a small test run tonight.. I noticed the big tanks sent these plastic nozzles which appear almost purely for balloon use lol. They don’t hide much what these are for.

-GC

Man I had some good times with Kalya back in the day.. Seen him quite a few times actually. I feel that style of psychedelic/eastern/bass isn’t nearly as easy to find these days.

Well guys I’m doing a small test run tonight.. I noticed the big tanks sent these plastic nozzles which appear almost purely for balloon use lol. They don’t hide much what these are for.

-GC

good luck!

Fuck man you live comfortably. Got a screened in pool, a highly advanced nitrous rig, you living the life. (I don’t mean that sarcastically either.)

God that oil looks horrendous. Gary have you ever tried the larger 500-600g tanks? Do they also have as much oils?

Also could you explain your rig in detail more, I don’t exactly know everything I’m looking at. That rig looks game changing.

-GC

This is a description of each part

rig%202023.JPG
rig%202023-e.JPG

This is the handle modification. (I did talk to Sue at Ico and they don't want to fix this)
The Ico bottle and valves are pretty solid but the handles break right away.
If you bang the head firmly on a hard surface (not too hard) pin hole down the retainer pin will come out far enough to grab with pliers. Leave it on the bottle for a handle.
Use a piece of 5/16 square stock (hardware store) and grind/file it to match the profile of the plastic one. drill the hole, heat it and bend it. I slipped a piece of 1/2" CPVC over it to be easier on the hand A few wraps of a fat rubber band (broccoli) will hold it on. If you can come up with some round stock like brazing wire the same size as the pin you can test your grind with a pin that is easy to pull out to grind some more. Grind too much, it won't open the valve all the way. Don't grind enough and it won't close all the way. You may go through several carts in this process ;)

ICO%20repair.jpg

This is the toggle loader. It is a toggle clamp flipped over. The D "pull" is replaced with a bolt and a socket made out of a 1/2" pipe plug. This is my first prototype.

Cart%20Loader%20open.JPG

Last edited:
This is a description of each part

rig%202023.JPG
rig%202023-e.JPG

This is the handle modification. (I did talk to Sue at Ico and they don't want to fix this)
The Ico bottle and valves are pretty solid but the handles break right away.
If you bang the head firmly on a hard surface (not too hard) pin hole down the retainer pin will come out far enough to grab with pliers. Leave it on the bottle for a handle.
Use a piece of 5/16 square stock (hardware store) and grind/file it to match the profile of the plastic one. drill the hole, heat it and bend it. I slipped a piece of 1/2" CPVC over it to be easier on the hand A few wraps of a fat rubber band (broccoli) will hold it on. If you can come up with some round stock like brazing wire the same size as the pin you can test your grind with a pin that is easy to pull out to grind some more. Grind too much, it won't open the valve all the way. Don't grind enough and it won't close all the way. You may go through several carts in this process ;)

ICO%20repair.jpg

This is the toggle loader. It is a toggle clamp flipped over. The D "pull" is replaced with a bolt and a socket made out of a 1/2" pipe plug. This is my first prototype.

Cart%20Loader%20open.JPG

Much appreciated! Honestly that ingenuity is hard to match but I have been trying to figure a way to create this very system. Particularly to have oxygen bleed into like so. Thanks for the descriptions!

-GC

Alright guys, so what’s the quickest most effective way to filter those oils? Can I put some cotton in the end of the nozzle from my whip cream can you at least catch some.

I held off til today on this session as I wanted a whip cream dispenser which I now have. Problem is it’s my brothers, soon as I opened it I noticed a thick black oil coating the entire inside. Looks like I’ll be doing some cleaning.

Any last minute filter options?

-GC

compressed gas filter :cool:

When it shows oil in there ya can blow out the filter with a valve on the filter for another round. These last years even in constant use cases.

Last edited:
Still buzzing a bit from my first test run. These tanks are where it’s at. I can hook up a whip cream dispenser and hit it more or less at will. No more cracking canisters while completely gone.

I also feel like pure oxygen inhaled immediately after does increase the high a bit. Soon as I inhaled that oxygen it went up a notch in intensity.

Gonna hold off after probably about 2-3 canisters worth to see how I feel the rest of the day.

-GC

The desire to turn this entire setup into a wooks dream of a nitrous camelbak is all to strong.

-GC

This nitrous feels has lingered a bit. I’m still somewhat spacey and dissociated even after just a couple puffs. Actually took a deep nap which is common for mean and NMDA antagonists. Does anyone else feel it linger this long? Maybe this is how the build up to transcendental experiences occurs, the euphoria fades quick but the trippy dissociation hangs around much longer.

-GC

This nitrous feels has lingered a bit. I’m still somewhat spacey and dissociated even after just a couple puffs. Actually took a deep nap which is common for mean and NMDA antagonists. Does anyone else feel it linger this long? Maybe this is how the build up to transcendental experiences occurs, the euphoria fades quick but the trippy dissociation hangs around much longer.

-GC

Are you just using the nitrous on its own or with other things?

I find that after two or three deep, controlled inhales (something you can do with a cream dispenser but is much trickier with a balloon) I get a wave of pulsating euphoria but this lasts for only really a few seconds before fading. When I inhale I do hold my breath for a bit but make sure I breathe out and then breathe some air before the next inhale of gas. I'm listening to music while doing this.

The annoying thing of course is that you've got to change the whippets for the next round and that takes time - I have two 1.5 litre dispensers and find filling each with 3 whippets works out the best. But still, the having to keep changing them is a buzzkill which is why I'm very interested in whether your method to connect one of the larger canisters to the dispenser with a regulator works well.

I find in the medium term, doing N20 makes me feel a bit groggy-headed, which perhaps others would describe as disscociative, I don't know

If you haven't got a filter yet you could try just wearing a cloth mask but I imagine it might make it harder to wrap your mouth around the nozzle

Are you just using the nitrous on its own or with other things?

I find that after two or three deep, controlled inhales (something you can do with a cream dispenser but is much trickier with a balloon) I get a wave of pulsating euphoria but this lasts for only really a few seconds before fading. When I inhale I do hold my breath for a bit but make sure I breathe out and then breathe some air before the next inhale of gas. I'm listening to music while doing this.

The annoying thing of course is that you've got to change the whippets for the next round and that takes time - I have two 1.5 litre dispensers and find filling each with 3 whippets works out the best. But still, the having to keep changing them is a buzzkill which is why I'm very interested in whether your method to connect one of the larger canisters to the dispenser with a regulator works well.

I find in the medium term, doing N20 makes me feel a bit groggy-headed, which perhaps others would describe as disscociative, I don't know

If you haven't got a filter yet you could try just wearing a cloth mask but I imagine it might make it harder to wrap your mouth around the nozzle

Today just on its own. I wanted to learn exactly how to use the system which I’m glad I did cuz it could get confusing tripping trying to figure it out. Groggy headed may be a better description, idk feels dissociative in nature tho.

I was using it pretty much exactly how you do. Had music on and what not.. Yea just imagine a device where you can hit it and by the time your ready to take another it’s full again. With the regulator I could adjust the exact amount of pressure that would go into the bottle. It’s all just cool looking too lol.

I’m thinking at a festival having the tank in a backpack and the whip cream dispenser hooked up and in a water bottle pocket on the side. Then I or whoever can hit it while dancing (quickly sitting..) whenever we’d like.

-GC

I’m thinking at a festival having the tank in a backpack and the whip cream dispenser hooked up and in a water bottle pocket on the side.
I think we need to head over to Gary Whites place. I love that contraption.

What is the consensus about harm for a light user? I mean every so often I will get 50, use that for two sessions. Use a whip cream maker and empty it in a balloon, Cotton stuffed into the dispenser. Once in a while I will take it right out of the dispenser but always figured it was safer to put in a balloon.

Good thread GC. Thanks for updating it with new info.

Last edited:

What is the consensus about harm for a light user? I mean every so often I will get 50, use that for two sessions. Use a whip cream maker and empty it in a balloon, Cotton stuffed into the dispenser. Once in a while I will take it right out of the dispenser but always figured it was safer to put in a balloon.

I think there's some confusion over terminology - the whipped cream dispensers are these things:

Cream-Despenser.png

which you screw the little 8g canisters/cartridges or 'whippet's into. No need for crackers or balloons

As for safety, for a light user you're probably OK, however I no longer think N20 is as 'relatively safe' as I had previously believed. The stories about both neurological damage and potential lung/breathing problems I think are real, and are obviously long term/potentially permanent health issues, although there are apparently ways to minimise those risks. No drug is risk-free of course

I agree :)

From my research light use is fairly safe. It’s use as an anesthetic is older than most out there. It seems the b-12 issue isn’t a problem at those doses too.

You’re right though the balloon is safer. Especially with certain whip cream dispensers. I just need proper balloons.

-GC

Such a simple molecule in our atmosphere. 2 nitrogen atoms and 1 oxygen.

I would like to try Xenon gas but that seems way more rare. And I am willing to bet it doesn't beat N2O in recreational effects. Waiting for someone to tell me different. :) Just a hunch that it is overhyped.

Still buzzing a bit from my first test run. These tanks are where it’s at. I can hook up a whip cream dispenser and hit it more or less at will. No more cracking canisters while completely gone.

I also feel like pure oxygen inhaled immediately after does increase the high a bit. Soon as I inhaled that oxygen it went up a notch in intensity.

Gonna hold off after probably about 2-3 canisters worth to see how I feel the rest of the day.

-GC
Im glad you tested it out for us...
Does the tank coupled with a dispenser make alot of noise?
I usually buy whippets for home use since the tanks makes alot of sound when filling balloons.
The tanks i usually get when going to festivals or outdoor activities.

Im glad you tested it out for us...
Does the tank coupled with a dispenser make alot of noise?
I usually buy whippets for home use since the tanks makes alot of sound when filling balloons.
The tanks i usually get when going to festivals or outdoor activities.

By far the least noisy setup I’ve tried. I was worried about it too cuz one of my dogs hates noises like that. No noise off the big tank itself and only minimal noise off the cream dispenser compared to usual.

So what I did was slowly increase the the regulator pressure and hit it as I did. At lower pressures you’ll only get a measly puff before you exhaust it but there’s a perfect spot where you get a decent puff but the pressure isn’t super built up.

Like for instance, cracking the small guys into a whip cream dispenser that first hit can come out mean. There’s no risk of that with this.

Overall very worth the investment IMO. Even for someone like me who hardly uses the stuff. I’m just excited to see the looks too come festival season when I’m walking around with a mini tank in hand lol.

-GC