View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Solutions: Solubility & Stability Mega-Thread [Uncut]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethanol is sold by a number of chemical companies in purity levels of at least 99.8%.
[No Sources! Read the Guidelines!]
[ 22 November 2002: Message edited by: PuristLove ]

i dissolved 25mg, roughly measured from 250mg, into 50 mg of slightly warm water. if i recall correctly not all of it disolved, but the vast majority did, just slowly; after an hour or so and some shaking here and there. now as to how wise it is to keep alpha-o in water over a long period of time is another question. the grain alcohol would more likely be your best bet.

Isopropyl alcohol will work, but make sure you evaporate all of the alcohol before you consume your alpha-O. Isopropyl alcohol is not good to ingest. Even the bums on the street know that. You're best to stick with ethyl alcohol.

I know but i need something quick for tommorow don't worry i'm not about to injest any amount of isopropyl alcohol.

get some golden grain.. it's like 195 proof i think you should probably use about 500 ml when dissolving then you can have 2 mg/ml.. i'm stoned right now so don't trust my math.. good luck and let us now how it goes

Why would you want to put into a tiny amount of solvent anyways? It will be just as difficult to measure into doses if it's only in 10 mL of solution.
Edit: Speling
[ 23 November 2002: Message edited by: Torch'me ]

weigh out 100 mg
dissolve into # of counted drops grain alcohol (or 151 proof vodka or rum)
100 mg into 100 drops, each drop ~ 1 mg
100 mg into 50 drops, each drop ~ 2 mg
100 mg into 200 drops, each drop ~ 0.5 mg
etc...
and count the # of drops for each individual dose.. into juice or water, onto sugar cubes or blotter of sweet tarts or vit C tabs or whatever...

Solubility of 5-MeO-DiPT HCl

Does anyone know what is the least amount of distilled water{solvent}that can dissolve 1000mg of 5-Meo-DiPT HCl(solute)? Is distilled water preferably the best choice as a solvent...any other options? Will increasing the temperature of the solvent help in the formation of the solution?I know this is another 5-MeO-DiPT question, but I don't care.

5-MeO-DiPT

Use alcohol as it will be a more stable liquid to keep it stored in, and will discourage the growth of bacteria. I got 100 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT to disolve in 50 ml of water with no problems. It seems pretty soluble. But again, I'd use alcohol. And make sure you keep the solution out of heat and light. The fridge or even the freezer is the best place to store it.

Last edited by a moderator:
4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DET

I have been told 4-aco-dipt + 4-aco-det both are unstable in water. Does anyone have any information on this? I found a mention at erowid, but no real data. If h2o can't be used, any idea what else the solution should be made with?

4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DET

i speak from first hand experience : don't do any solution with either of these tryptamines ! they'll degrade very quickly into a black smelly goo which however still seem to be active without lost of ptency or qualitative change. Keep your stuff dry (powder) in an air tight container with lots of dessicant in your freezer (they're very sensitive to heat) - they will last long that way. But no solution whatsoever !

Any human-consumable solution you store them in is likely to decrease the shelf-life of the chemical, possibly in a major way.

thanks guys. my scale broke, and i was looking for a way to measure. guess i'll have to wait until i get a new scale.

generally, indoleamine or phenethylamine drugs containing an easily hydrolyzable ester will not be stable in water for long periods of time, as they will hydrolyze to the alcohol, which will then get oxidized.

5-MeO-AMT

When i tried 5-meo-amt i only had 50mg. I dissovled it into 50 ml and took 8grams worth my reports on erowid...

I suggest dissolving your entire gram into a liter of alchohol. then using a syringe to measure out your doses by the milliliter. that way a mg=ml making dosing safe exact and easy.

Don't attempt to measure it down to drops, sure you can get it pretty close and its cool to have drugs in eye droppers but realistically there is no reason for it.

Just draw 8ml up in your syringe and squirt it a piece of bread (i prefer a cracker) and your in buisness.

As far as degredation goes I would not suggest selling them to people.... its dangerous and I dont believe this drug keeps well as i noticed great potency loss. Perhaps if you keep it in the freezer at all times.

Although i didnt get to do anything cool particularly i was very impressed with 5-meo-amt. it has a clear, clean feeling (to me anyway) and small visual distortions. I had no side effects and dosed on a empty stomach.

i believe that there is some potency loss involved with diluting it, but with a gram of the stuff youll be able to gauge your dose easily. It might be in your best interest to find any data on how quickly tolerance mounts, and take that in to consideration when dosing yourself.

It is important to remember that not much is known about these chemicals, and its not unreasonable to assume it would be easy to build a tolerance stop using , and then have a horrible reaction due to overdose. Hell who even knows the overdose symptoms of this drug? Have you read up on these things? REMEMBER THIS STUFF IS NOT LSD!

gl

5-MeO-AMT

BOGBUBBLE said:
I suggest dissolving your entire gram into a liter of alchohol.

I do not suggest this...I have found on the one time me and my friend did this that the 5meo-AMT would, in my opinion, considerably weaken over time. The longer we left our whole gram in the alchohol, the less harder we tripped until there were virtual no effects from the drug.......

just something to keep in mind.........

5-MeO-AMT

does anyone know the average time 5-meo-amt takes to degrade in alcohol?

^^^^
no, but i think someone should answer that question because that was the point of this thread.

Oh, and ruga4 - :p :p :p 8( )

is mescaline oil soulble in chloroform?

i have some basic water (ph 4) with mescaline oil (freebase).
i wish to continue to extract it since it is still quite dirty.
is mescaline soulbe in chloroform as it is in xelyne?
8(
bebe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.