Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Solutions: Solubility & Stability Mega-Thread [Uncut]

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-MeO-AMT

i dissolved 5meoamt once in water. it went fine into 1mg/ml solution. i dont know if this is the best way to store it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
2C-B

sgurd said:
A bit off-topic but has anybody ever effectively dissolved 2c-b and what have they used?
Yep, it dissolves fine in water.
aloowishus said:
I actually read a post a couple of hours ago by steve elektro(i think) that he mentioned Iv 2c-b,it sounded like he enjoyed it!
Yes, very much so!
My god, the rainbows!
=D

5-MeO-MiPT

How about 5-meo-mipt? I tried disolving it - it wouldn't disolve in either water, or vodka.

Why dose the chemicals become less stable in alcohol? ex 80proof vodka.

4-HO-DIPT solubility

I am interested in acurately metering some 4-HO-DIPT hcl and am curious about the correct solvent to use.
Has anyone done something similar?
Any thoughts?
thanks
-nalo

P.S. hope this isnt a repeat question

mod's note: seethe is officially a bad ass. do not fuck with him or you will feel the burn in a major way ;). thanks for the links, man!

- iso

we need a super mega thread on this topic? since just about every one of these questions is about research chemicals perhaps whenever its deemed appropriate it could be added to the FAQ section. ??

5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-AMT, 2C-I, 2C-E, 4-AcO-DiPT, DPT HCl, DPT FREEBASE

So, okay, to sum up what's in those posts there and everything I know...

5-MeO-DMT: soluble in alcohol.

5-MeO-DiPT: soluble in alcohol.

5-MeO-AMT: Soluble in alcohol.

2C-I: Soluble in alcohol, distilled water.

2C-E: Soluble in alcohol, distilled water.

4-ACO-DiPT: Alcohol solution not the best idea for this. Turns black leaving oily white residue at the bottom.

DPT HcL: Soluble in alcohol and water.

DPT Freebase: Soluble in alcohol, Insoluble in water

Some of the ones I put as alcohol soluble might be water soluble too, I'm not sure. Feel free to add whatever, cheers.

I'd been wanting a thread like this for a while. Erowid doesn't always list these things.

^^^^
Thanks, but for most of those could you tell us whether it was a salt for a freebase. Also, when you say 'soluble' how soluble do you mean i.e. for each case how many mg of chem did you dissolve in how much solvent? Did any require any stirring or heating? What kind of alcohol did you use? It would be nice if you could give as much information as possible in each case.

2C-I

I was thinking about dissolving 1g of 2c-i in 1000ml distilled water, so 1ml=1mg and using it on weekends and so on.
Since consuming it all may take quite a while, i was wondering, just how stable will this solution be? I know that 2c-e will lose some of it's potency over time, what about 2c-i?
Would alcohol be a better solution?

2C-I

likely it will lose potency over time as it oxidizes in the H2O.

2C-I

just use some everclear instead. why risk losing potency with water?

2C-I?

how long would it take to oxidize any significant amount? What if you are just keeping it in water until the weekend, or measuring out doses to be evaporated? some places don't sell everclear. what if you dissolved some in anhydrous isypropanol, dropped it on some plant material, let it evaporate, and capsuled it? Does it dissolve well in said solvent, or would something bad happen?

5-MeO-AMT, AMT FREEBASE, 4-AcO-MiPT HCl, DXM

5-MeO-a-MT HCl is soluble in water.
a-MT base is soluble in isopropylanol.
4-AcO-MiPT HCl is soluble in cold water at least at .06 mg/ml. You can slightly taste it in the water still at this rate, but it can't be seen/doesn't fall out of solution very fast if at all.

Those three are just from my experience.

DXM HBr solubility: 1.5 grams / 100 mL H2O at 25º C (77º F)

Aaaaahhhh.... there's this new invention. Only a few people know about it. It's called a SCALE.... it measures the weight of things you put on it. It's really rather handy....

^^
well, i'm certainly no chemist. however -

according to Shulgin, "the 4-hydroxy tryptamine family is quite susceptible to it" - it being oxidation. however, i have read that some tryptamines actually might break down due to 'polymerization', again, not being a chemist i'm clueless as to what that means.

anecdotally i can only report that both tryptamines and phenethylamines seem to break down faster in solution.

whatever the process is that breaks these chems down and causes loss of potency i do not fully understand, thanks for clearing up the fact that its probably more then simple oxidation.

so, what does that mean? it means i only put materials in solution that i plan on using right away, not for long term storage.

nada rylnym said:
likely it will lose potency over time as it oxidizes in the H2O. if you are doing this because you don't have a scale then how do you know you really have a gram?

well i do have a scale accurate to +-20mg

2C-I, 2C-E, 2C-T-21

I don`t think anyone knows, but I`m going to ask anyway:

Does anyone know the solubility ,mg/ml at 20'C(roomtemp.), for 2c-i in alcohol.

Oh and while we`re at it, for 2c-e and 2ct21 as well, thanks

Just discussing some things mentioned above!

Oxidation, though you are right iso240 in saying it does not NEED to involve Oxygen, when discussing organic compounds, oxidation USUALLY refers to the addition of an oxygen, or the removal of 2 hydrogens. By definition however, it is a change in the oxidation #, (or the number of electron's "owned" by an atom)

FOR EXAMPLE: Involving carbon (as the simplest alkane)

Methane is oxidized to Methanol (Oxygen added)
which is oxidized to Methanal (2 Hydrogens removed)
which is oxidized to Methanoic acid (Oxygen added)
which is oxidized to Carbon Dioxide (2 Hydrogens removed)

Oxidation requires something ELSE to be reduced (to conserve the # of electrons throughout). That is why they are called redox (pronounced ree-dox, or Oxidation-Reduction) reactions.

However, the oxidation of our oh-so-precious research chemicals, I would assume to be the result of oxidation w/ the small amount of oxygen and other gasses dissolved into sol'n. Tryptamines, in general, are more suceptable to this than the phenethylamines. The Oxygen in water, hydronium ion, and hydroxide ion are ALL with Oxidation # of "2-". Most likely this will not be reduced (to oxidize the other compound)! The same is most likely true with ethanol (it will not be redced).

Which draws the (quite presumptous) conclusion that:

ATMOSPHERIC GASSES ARE THE CULPRIT!

This is however acting on the assumption that one is not playing with tap water (or other non distilled water). The number of things to react in a ReDox reaction in tap/non-distilled water is countless.

MORAL OF THE STORY: use distilled water, or ethanol which does NOT contain other dissolved compounds (vodka or such). I would most likely choose vodka OVER distilled water in most cases, because of it's protection from bacteria and such, but the best would be "everclear", or dry alcohol. PROTECT THEM FROM AIR, LIGHT, AND HEAT! Block out the air, you block out the oxidizing agent. Protect it from light and heat, and you slow down the speed of reaction/decomposition.

I would not however understand why one would want to use IPA (isopropyl alcohol), unless they were planning on PROPERLY evaporating it all before consuming!

Anyways! I hope this made sense mostly!

A bientot!

Status
Not open for further replies.