• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So what do you LIKE about yourself?

I like the fact that I have to wear glasses as it gives people the impression that I am smart and a nerd and generally I get non-deserved respect from my peers when I really wouldn't have a clue as to what is going on and just wing it.

katmeow said:
Funny this thread should get posted after the discussion we were having the other day about selling yourself and how difficult it is.

Hmmm, I've been musing over this topic for a few days and everything I think of sounds so damn wanky in my head. There are many things I like about myself, but I seriously find it hard to put it out there in a public space.

Maybe I'll come back to this later.

I thought exactly the same thing! You know what, though? Even reading what i've posted, to me, sounds wanky, so much so that i got mr samadhi to read it before i posted, after asking him "does this make me sound wanky? ;) But i thought, fuck it. Wankers away!

I'll be waiting for your post, Kat xo :) In the immortal words of Rob Shneider:

You can do eeet! =D

^^I think what everyone's first thought would have been when opening this thread was -->>> "How can one write what they like about themselves without sounding like a wanker" ;) Well, that's what i thought!

Then i thought it actually kind of sucks people have to feel modest when it comes to writing what they LIKE about themselves. Its awesome if you like lots about yourself. I bet if there was a what don't you like about yourself thread, it'd be on for young and old.

I like the fact that i have the best friends and boyfriend in the whole world. To have them, i must be doing something right ;) i care A LOT for the people i care about. And id also honestly do anything for them. Id say thats what i like most about myself. edit i also actually like that im an idealist

Next id say my taste in music :)

Last edited:
i like the sense of humour that seems to be running my vessel at the moment. a few years ago, i went to a clarevoyant and it told her a joke without me even saying anything which spun her out, and then me in turn.

I'd have to say
Physically
*I have long long legs that are fairly skinny (but unfortch dont go in proportion with the rest of my body)
*My hair - It is nice and shiny and thick
*My back - Although it is kinda freckly, i seem to build muscle there fairly easily.

hrmmm that is porbably about it.

Mentally
*I am fairly intelligent in creative ways and a lot of people under-estimate my intelligence which is actually pretty funny sometimes.
*I have an extensive and ridculous knowledge of films, geeky and otherwise.

kryalkastleE said:
a lot of people under-estimate my intelligence which is actually pretty funny sometimes.

It's amazing the things people say to you/around you when they think you don't understand. It's quite amusing ;)

Physically, my favourite things are my tatts and piercings, which is kind of sad seeing as they're ad-ons and not actual me. Other than that I'm quite pleased with my derriere.

samadhi said:
But i thought, fuck it. Wankers away!

You can do eeet! =D

Like I need any more of an invitation. ;)

To be honest physically I should be just shot and thrown in a ditch.
I'm on the midget side of tall, my roman nose had no chance of being straight despite many years of swinging arms and head clashes, my wavy dark hear resists gels/combs/blowdrying (yet girls do dig curls), at least my twisted teeth are white.

But I wouldn't change anything because I have the touch.

This is where it gets a little strange, and I have often tried to explain this to people who in return think I'm having a lend of them. The closest thing I can compare it to is that episode in the X Files where there is that creepy Armish guy who can win over women by simply touching their hands between their thumb and index finger. Thats what I can do (except with out the murder and mayhem that followed :\ ).

You see there are times when I touch someone and we feel a surge of electricity pass between us. Rather than a shock it feels like a warm surge or gush. Now I hear you already, "bullshit" you're saying, or "is he serious?". Alas my hemp smoking friends, everything I am saying is very real.

There are times when I am simply receiving change from a check out girl who I have been simply conversing with for a few minutes. Suddenly you see the look in their eye as she hands over the $12.30 and its all "Mop and bucket aisle 4, mop and bucket aisle 4".

Now it doesn't always have to be something sleezy. I make a cool living extracting thousands of dollars off people who step into my office on the defense yet one touch and they stroll away as if in a dream. And it is something I often have no control over. Don't be expecting to shake my soft girly hands and feel it if we ever meet. It is a blessing and a curse but something I would not swap for alll the Johnny Depp good looks in the world. =D

Oh and I like that I don't have any chest hair...

I can actually vouch for this ^ . Not in a sexual way *ahem* but when he was checking my chompers out, i remember thinking that i'd never had such an enjoyable experience, and believe me, 'load's industry isn't usually known for it's high levels of joy.

See, now i'm getting visuals of you flitting around your surgery when noone is around, singing "I have the Touch" by Peter Gabriel:

I'm waiting for ignition, I'm looking for a spark
Any chance collision and I light up in the dark
There you stand before me, all that fur and all that hair
Oh, do I dare ... 'Load has the touch

=D

This thread reminds me of an incident in my Health and Human Relations class when I was in high-school.

I can remember one day we were all sitting in class and our teacher asked us to write down all of the things we liked about our bodies. No mention of our talents or other attributes, solely looking at physical aspects.

I sat there for a good twenty minutes thinking about the task, and finally scrawled down that I liked my 'pinky toes' as they were,
"Small, petite and have soft skin and a nice full nail - which is something I should probably treasure before I get old-lady-feet."

My teacher kept me back afterwards for a serious discussion on why I chose my little toes as my prized physical attribute over every other part of my body.
I looked at her straight in the eye and told her I was serious and that was the only part of my body I could honestly say I really liked.

She looked like she was about to start crying as I walked out. :|

L2R said:
i like the sense of humour that seems to be running my vessel at the moment. a few years ago, i went to a clarevoyant and it told her a joke without me even saying anything which spun her out, and then me in turn.
BAH HA HA HA!! I so get it, your like totally telling a joke in your head, then she reads your mind!! ;) Seriously tho I did laugh at that one =D =D

I have awesome freinds and an awesomer girlfriend, all of whom share an awesome taste in music with me - oh and we all love the word AWESOME! ;)

I can also take the piss out of myself pretty well (there's always something around to joke about if you can laugh at yourself ;) )

Oh and I can think about stuff, and on occassion things as well - stuff mainly though..

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
My teacher kept me back afterwards for a serious discussion on why I chose my little toes as my prized physical attribute over every other part of my body.
I looked at her straight in the eye and told her I was serious and that was the only part of my body I could honestly say I really liked.
In that case ... I demand naked toe pictures! :)

My toes would have to be the ugliest part of my body so if your doing wlel in that dept. id say you are doing well elsewhere.

Being blessed with general health, and above average flexibility.

Mental independence - the strength to take risks and do my 'own thing', even where that is totally out of the ordinary. Being blessed with an education, general curiosity about the world and a strong drive to learn about many different aspects of this universe!

We are all so lucky.

there is a lot of like-minded mental independance on this forum.
Which is quite contradictory methinks, but yet it's true and it works well :)

I have to say i like my facial hair, beard to be precise. It frames my face and it really does suite me.So i've been told by people.
I've had my beard since i was 18, and i don't think i'll ever get rid of it. :)
Also i like My personality, I get along with alot of people really easily.

cool thread

this is such a great thread =D

Everyone has such amazing qualities and everyone needs to learn to appreciate and like themselves, but its seen as such a bad thing to dare to be positive/happy about yourself (aside for other thread: do you think this is an english heritage kind of thing?) Personally, i believe that total acceptance of yourself is one of our missions on earth (but then, i have been accused of being a whacky hippy 60s retro ;) )

I like:
- that I can get on with everybody (being a gemini, and to be totally honest, - that can also read as "i can fool anybody into thinking I get on with them")
- that as i get older, i accept myself and like myself more and more
- that as i get older, i give less and less of a shit what other people think
- that i have very cute feet and good legs
- that i have nice eyes
- that i have nice hair (if near an ocean and sun for any period of time)
- that i have a bizarre sense of humour and find myself very amusing
- that i have a good brain
- that i stay calm in crisis/difficult situations
- that animals like me
- that 80% of the plants i grow survive
- that i have learnt not to be shy and have stopped blushing all the time
- that i have learnt when to shut the hell up and let things go
- that i have learnt not to stress out over problems i can't solve eg. hunger, poverty, the fact that we'll probably blow ourselves up before I die
- that i am probably going to turn into a complete eccentric, just like my wonderful nutty parents
- that i am still such a sucker, and believe just about anything my friends tell me (for eg. just go up that hill there and you'll find a clean lovely toilet; George Bush resigned as president of the USA)
- that i can sniff out the serious bullshit (for eg. i've kicked my heroin habit, I'm not married)
- that I can find beauty/positivity just about anywhere and in anything

- that this list gets longer and longer with each year that passes, and the things i don't like is slowly shrinking =D

10 years ago when i was 26, this list would have included:
- that i have a great body
- that i can eat anything and never get fat (BEWARE: you turn 30 and this is NO LONGER TRUE)

PS. If you're female, stop reading f*ing Cosmopolitan and that crap - 10 minutes of reading that stuff can destroy your self image - evil marketing psychological geniuses created that. None of it is real.

^Doofqueen: i LOVE the fact that you mentioned recreational drug use and having a great kid. Most of my friends indulge in drugs occasionally, and they have wonderful, well-adjusted kids. Its the poor kids with the straight-as-all-hell parents i worry about.

to Katmeow

Katmeow

You can't possibly sound more wanky and self-adoring than my post. come on...

why the f*k is there such stigma about admitting what you genuinely like about yourself? or even admitting that you like yourself? its most odd, and i am far too wasted to try to come up with an answer...

something along the lines of "we've been brainwashed into believing we're not wonderful as we are by the marketing corporations, otherwise who would be having plastic surgery, and buying billions of dollars of cosmetics?"

Although we haven't done a "what we don't like about ourselves" list, I would bet that among women, most of it would by physical... let's test that out...

Not sure how this great theory applies to guys: wouldn't need to buy snazzy cars, just one with a good engine? need guy input. or possibly my theory is just absolute bullsh*t

schmangle said:
this is such a great thread =D

Everyone has such amazing qualities and everyone needs to learn to appreciate and like themselves, but its seen as such a bad thing to dare to be positive/happy about yourself (aside for other thread: do you think this is an english heritage kind of thing?) Personally, i believe that total acceptance of yourself is one of our missions on earth (but then, i have been accused of being a whacky hippy 60s retro ;) )

I like:
- that I can get on with everybody (being a gemini, and to be totally honest, - that can also read as "i can fool anybody into thinking I get on with them")
- that as i get older, i accept myself and like myself more and more
- that as i get older, i give less and less of a shit what other people think
- that i have very cute feet and good legs
- that i have nice eyes
- that i have nice hair (if near an ocean and sun for any period of time)
- that i have a bizarre sense of humour and find myself very amusing
- that i have a good brain
- that i stay calm in crisis/difficult situations
- that animals like me
- that 80% of the plants i grow survive
- that i have learnt not to be shy and have stopped blushing all the time
- that i have learnt when to shut the hell up and let things go
- that i have learnt not to stress out over problems i can't solve eg. hunger, poverty, the fact that we'll probably blow ourselves up before I die
- that i am probably going to turn into a complete eccentric, just like my wonderful nutty parents
- that i am still such a sucker, and believe just about anything my friends tell me (for eg. just go up that hill there and you'll find a clean lovely toilet; George Bush resigned as president of the USA)
- that i can sniff out the serious bullshit (for eg. i've kicked my heroin habit, I'm not married)
- that I can find beauty/positivity just about anywhere and in anything

- that this list gets longer and longer with each year that passes, and the things i don't like is slowly shrinking =D

10 years ago when i was 26, this list would have included:
- that i have a great body
- that i can eat anything and never get fat (BEWARE: you turn 30 and this is NO LONGER TRUE)

PS. If you're female, stop reading f*ing Cosmopolitan and that crap - 10 minutes of reading that stuff can destroy your self image - evil marketing psychological geniuses created that. None of it is real.

^Doofqueen: i LOVE the fact that you mentioned recreational drug use and having a great kid. Most of my friends indulge in drugs occasionally, and they have wonderful, well-adjusted kids. Its the poor kids with the straight-as-all-hell parents i worry about.

NICE- I like you