• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO Photography Contest Discussion!!

could there be a crazy animated gif round? perhaps limiting to smaller dimensions and number of frames????

I thinks that maybe a whole new thread idea right there. The whole point of the photography rounds is to have a completely level playing field where anyone can enter without the need for 3rd party software. I haven't researched it, but are you aware of any online automated animation sites where people can upload their photos?

Check the animated gif thread in the Lounge, a lot of them there are made on a certain site, I just can't remember what it is :p

i was thinking maybe as a one off, kinda like the alterations allowed round. adobe imageready does gifs quite easily too.

i can't stand the gif thread. those images need to be obscured, so browsers don't instantly crash when they all load at the same time.

I can't see why we couldn't have a one-off, or perhaps a monthly .gif contest, like we did with the wallpaper contests. But maybe have it as a separate thing and not incorporated in to the photo contests? Cos it's a pretty different thing to photos :)

This is the first site that came up when I googled making gifs online, haven't done a very comprehensive search but it could probably be used.

Edit: Can only have 5 images in the picture so maybe it's not suitable, I dunno. I'll keep looking later :p

This might be better, but I can't be bothered looking anymore :p

Last edited:
^I was away working when I posted the above & the last thing I wanted to do was go into the gif thread because it would shutdown the worldwide servers because it needs so much bandwidth!

Clouds has been done twice before but no reason why we can't do it again sometime! :)
I'll add it to the list.

actually silentangst, since this is a photo competition, i thought the gif round could be limited to like 3 frames or something. i'll make an example of what i mean when i can.

Arghh.
No haha don't worry about it.
I know there's a list of everything that's been done I just can't find it >_>

^thnx

I've added a link to the bottom of the suggestion list just now.

why don't we let thizzlam have a read through the competitions that are upcoming and have already been done (at least twice ;)) and then he can come back with some new suggestions? ;)