• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

So. Is the PS3 gonna bomb?

StagnantReaction said:
Who can say right now?
I can.

PS3 = exorbitant pricing, the games have incredibly slow load times, no supplies.
Sony is shooting themselves in the foot with this system.

Nintendo's revolutionary controller system, mainstay titles (Zelda, Metroid, etc), backwards compatibility with Gamecube games, and low price will make the Wii successful.
I know I'm gonna buy one.

Xbox360's Gears of War is on track to be a PS3-killer.
People will buy a 360 for Gears of War alone.

Not to mention the fact that you don't need a Playstation to get all your favorite EA Sports titles now. All are available for the Xbox.
And with the development of Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox, there is a possibility that future Final Fantasy games will be available on the Xbox.

Adios Playstation, you're no longer going to be the #1 console.

Last edited:
u-n-I-o-n said:
xbox will never come close to making anything like final fantasy.

you sure about that???

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Break...ign-Xbox-titles/2005/02/28/1109439488691.html

Microsoft has clinched a deal with the creator of Final Fantasy, the role-playing game which helped Sony's PlayStation triumph, to design titles for the US giant's next-generation Xbox machine.

Hironobu Sakaguchi is Final Fantasy.
The three games he's developing, with his new Mistwalker studio, are Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, and Cry On.
Blue Dragon & Lost Odyssey will be exclusive to the 360.

Last edited:
^^^ I'd actually prefer to see a more expanded and competitive video game market.

and I know someone will assault me in geek technobabble for saying this, but if blue ray takes off immediately, dont you think sony is bound to dominate the market with a blue ray player over $300 less than the closest competitor (not to mention the games man, the games)

psychetool said:
Sony has made such shit products in the past that I will never purchase another product from them again. Fuck sony and their overpriced SHIT.

OK i certainly agree sony overprices their products, but they are pretty much the industry leader in making quality products. sorry if your PS2 broke like everyone elses did for playing it nonstop for 6 years

sony has been designing failures into their products ever since the mid 80s, when people stopped buying televisions because their old ones still worked.

They've sold most people I know between 2 and 4 playstations because they keep failing. Same with PS ones. Sony Audio has never been spectacular.

they're pretty much the japanese our grandparents were trained to hate. ;)

i've never had a problem with sony. i own two minidisc players that are over 7 years old, no problems, my home theater receiver is over 5 years, no problems(and it still has all the digital inputs i need), the md/cd deck that is 5 years, no problems, the psOne and ps2, at 4 and 6 years, no problems at all. the hdtv, 2 years, no problems. the lcd monitor, 3 years, no problems. hell even the portable cd player (first released g-skip model) no problems, and its over 7 years... still kicking.

maybe i've gotten lucky with them, but sony has never disappointed me.

My Ps2 fucked up but that was because of dog hair and dust n shit. I really didn't keep it from fucking up at all. But i think ill take a little bit better care of it.

My ps2 is going on 5-6 years and have had no problems. Free online gaming is a huge fucking plus. fuck xboxlive

I hope it bombs. Fuck Sony. Their entire product range has turned to shit. So much for buying quality products from Sony ...

Sony can now safely join Apple in the 'never to be purchased' basket.

A 360 is all i'm planning on getting. Halo3.....drools......