• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ambien

Status
Not open for further replies.
What for? It´s not worthy. Just use it the way you are supposed to. You will get basically the same results on that dosage. Maybe less

I've taken Ambien instranasally and it got me in a highly dissociated state of mind. Z-drugs tend to affect me as a dissociative drug.

Realize this thread is old, but just wanted to post my thoughts.

Im bipolar with insomnia anyway, and at the tail end of a bad heroin addiction (18mo heroin free). I take 200mg of Seroquel a night, 900mg of Neurontin daily, 150mg of Vistaril daily, and 100mg of Lamictal daily, so I dont know if these have any affect on how the Ambien works. Also I had a brief recreational stint with Subutex for about a month and have been coming off that. The WD and the Lamictal that I just started brought onset insomnia, so my doc prescribed the lowest dose (5mg) of Ambien a night.

I was wary when she suggested it, but was in dire need of sleep. The first few nights I took it-- perfect. Fell right asleep, like a baby. I had no idea there could be any recreational value, but being an addict, I decided to look into it. Also, I cant cope with even the tiniest WD symptoms, so I was looking for any relief. One night it wasn't kicking in, so I took 10mg over two hours and finally fell asleep. Keep in mind that after many idiotic ODs, I experiment in very low doses. Also, I live in a situation where I absolutely can not be visibly fucked up.

Decided to IV some one night when I really wanted comfort-- honestly, I just was hoping for it to put me to sleep faster. A 5mg TEVA broke down quite well in cold water, and after multiple filterings it was nearly clear solution. I did it, hoping for instant drowsiness. I was NOT expecting to feel what I felt.

It hit almost instantly. The way I can describe it, was like too many benzos and a little bit of shrooms. Once I took about 20mg of Ativan and too much NyQuil and Sub and hallucinated, believing there were people in my apartment watching me. And any time I ever took too many Xanax or Klonopin, I would lose coherent thought and just cry and yell. You know how you can never remember how many Xanax you took, but you know you want more? I felt nearly at that point. Also, my few trips with psychedelics were NOT pleasant.

So anyway, this IV Ambien flipped me out. At once I felt like I had to be very careful or I would lose all control of what I was doing. I remember cleaning up and putting my works away-- then checking every 5 min to make sure I had. Reminded me of getting a 2mg Ativan shot at the hospital. I made myself lay my head down and stay there. It did not make me sleepy at first-- almost hyper. And there was a definite dissociation. I've heard others call it "plastic" or "rubbery", and that actually fits. And I had the strange, scary sense of a presence in the room with me. It even made the TV seem too foreign and far away. Anyway, I eventually fell asleep and had wicked lucid dreams.

Whats odd is the next night, I took a 10mg dose orally for sleep, and it was like it had built up in my system. About 15 min in, I couldnt remember how many or when I took them, and I was definitely experiencing a hypnotic trip. I kept asking my boyfriend if I was asleep yet, if I was acting normal, and if he felt like the shadows were moving. I couldnt articulate what was happening at all, my thoughts just kept turning into smoke in my grasp. I had to turn the TV off because it was too plasticy and was making me feel really lonely and 'separate' somehow. I ended up tossing and turning all night, getting a few hours sleep in.

Mind you-- its not altogether a BAD feeling, IF you like that sort of thing. Reminiscent of A) high benzo doses, B) low psychedelic dose, and C) even how I felt injecting molly (stupid, I know, remember what I said about my experiments and ODs?) I just happen to hate those feelings. It makes me feel like the world is wrong and could shatter at any moment. But if youre the type who likes to eat fistfuls of Xanax or shrooms, you'll love it.

Please beware though-- I wont go into a tragedy that happened in my family with an uncle taking too much Ambien. SMALL DOSES!!!!!

UPDATE: Tried insufflating for the hell of it. Crushed, chopped, crushed, chopped, crushed, chopped into a very fine powder, it burned right at first and then stopped. I cant comprehend how a drug can be so fast acting nasally. The wobblyness hit me in a minute or two, and I must report that there is some opiate-esque euphoria. More euphoria, less dissociation than other routes. IMO for recreation, IV is far too intense8o, oral requires higher doses8), insufflation is just right:).

10 min later: All tension is gone from my body, the world possesses the perfect amount of softness, and my mind is anchored in reality. Theres the comfort I was trying to attain.

Last edited:
i would not recommend snorting or taking more then what you should for this one....
i snorted 1 stillnox sr 12.5 mg i think, i removed the coating ....
snorted 2x 10mg i think they are... removed the coating film too on there...
fuck me dead... i didnt know but my mate told me... that i drove to their place and such..................i even went pick my misuss up from work...and thats when i woke up when i almost smash into someone and she said watch out WTF
then i realized wow what the fuck... i was sleep walking...( its afterwards a couple days AFTER) when i saw those friends... they told me mate, you had no shirt you came to our place, and had white shit near your nose...
yeah anyways, in my experience, i would not recommend it...
even 1 ... one night i slept walk and pissed in the shoe cupboard, i didnt even know untill my missus told me the next morning lol
i was prescribed for them by the way...i just hated them..... alprazolam is so much better... oral... in my book :)
and sorry for my chunk of text... im pretty bad at making nice looking experiences in a nice paragraph like above my post !
and just realized its been revived... and im replying !!

I did the same thing. Vaguely remember talking to someone on my couch and noone was there... Lol is right

snorting ambien isn't such a 'hellish' experience after all

I found it hurt like a bitch to snort, but it was different depending on the brand. I was using generic brands where some pills seemed to be more filler than drug, so the amount you'd have to snort would be larger, which is a pain because the burning is so bad that you have to really work upto snorting it, let alone having to have a few goes at it to get it all in.

I found crushing the pills and plugging them with warm water is the best method. They kick in almost instantly and they last longer and you need less to feel good.
Ambien orally has always been a tease and a letdown for me so with the implied dare this post suggests (sayin the burn ain't worth it) I watched my luck dragon blow any snot of snorts out of his roa for the evening, crush up 2 5mg pills w/ coating and rail the large line produced and while it made his right eye tear up for 20 seconds and was admittedly not nice and numby like coke his biggest complaint was the yuck in his mouth at first drip (remedied with soda), I must say he got that hooter right up in there though, like as far up as possible immediately beforehand, no big problemo folks...done 5 mins ago. will chillax some and report further findings....

As said, I crushed it into a very fine powder, and inhaled the Ambien. It did NOT burn. I am also on Ritalin (not long-acting) and snort it several times a week, and that stuff DOES burn.

I was just wondering whether what you did was a brand name or generic version? I used to get the generics and I can tell you first hand, they burn like a mofo! (Shit, I just reread your post and you said the same thing, I though you had said they DID NOT burn, sorry!) I kind of used to like the med but I used to hate when I'd have a bunch of shows taped I'd want to watch after my wife went to bed and of course, I'd watch them all and remember not one bit of them! The other problem was that I'd literally fall out in the middle of taking a leak or walking to the kitchen and come to right before I'd hit the floor. I actually really hurt myself 3-4 times. Ended up telling my doc to stop that drug, that it wasn't working well for me. And that ended the tale for me and Ambien.

Ive only done ambian on two occasions: both at home staying awake, with 1 10mg pill.

The story, is about the third time.
Today, i managed to get 2 10mg pills. So after work i go home and snort both the pills in one rail. Doesnt burn nearly as bad as ppl say. (But my nose has had the 'pleasure' of snorting both crystal meth & methadone, and i can tell you, those are the top 2 worst burns i have had. And ive had alot lol).
Then i drank about 130mg DXM (cough syrup with only DXM, not the gels)
Just to potentiate any trippy effects. I purposefully only took enough to only barely enough to cross threshold.
Anyway, i call up my weed girl, and she took me to dealers place (who i knew, but not that he was her dealer as well lol) but the effects of be being up on ambian were starting to become very apparent.The sun and shadows were playing tricks with my eyes and because i love psychedelics (LSD being my preference) i loved this feeling. i was tripping, but only very very slightly. Enough to be able to tell. The drive back to my place was very interesting, and i kept getting asked why i was spacing out or if i was ok. Lol. Now that im home writing this, my anxiety is high, idk from ambian or the robo, but im bout to.smoke some herb to calm me down. Eyes still playing tricks on me, which i am enjoying very much, however mild.

Alright, I have consumed ambien every single way other than IV. Smoking it is just stupid and a waste, your best bet is to just sniff it or swallow it.

Don't Forget Plugging!

Alright, I have consumed ambien every single way other than IV. Smoking it is just stupid and a waste, your best bet is to just sniff it or swallow it.

Sniffing is fun and all, but when you've got plenty left and a tube for rectal administration... plugging is kind of the dosing of the gods. I feel like I just finished meditating for 3 hours.

Admittedly, I did swallow one and rail another, so I have ~60mg in my body right now.

Just do whatever ROA suits you best.

I don't know if it's just me, but I I'm prescribed klonopin, and it seems like when I take my klonopin it takes away from the effect of ambien. I mean I can take 20 of them things and not feel nothing after taking my K pins. Does anybody else experience this? Does anybody else have experience snorting ambien who takes klonopin as well, and does that help bring back the wonderful feeling of ambien when snorted?

I just snorted 20 milligrams chopped it up real fine and I didn't find it burned very bad at all...

I've railed a fair amount of ambian in my day. Actually just had a little about an hour ago. As a seasoned "snorter" id say it's one of the rougher burns out there but there is worse. Also I think the 12.5mg xr (I believe they are extended but not sure ) do not burn as badly. I only rail them if I have eaten recently as it tends not to work well if taken orally after a meal.

Btw... When my wife overindulges on them a little and successfully stays awake on them, (oh and has a few glasses of wine in her) she turns into a super freak. And I'm talking freak! It's awesome but can get annoying after a while. was wondering if anyone else has ever expirenced (or seen someone) this.

So here's the nearly pain free way to snort ambien. Get a cup of hot water. Get a syringe. File or cut the sharp tip off of the syringe. cut ambien pills in half. place half's in empty syringe. Pull hot water into syringe. Wait about 10 mins for ambien to dissolve. Place (dulled) needle up your noze and squirt half of the fluid DEEP in each nostril. I usually do like 2 10mg pills in about 1 ml of water. Works well with little to no burn. Then the fun beginz!!!!

Enjoy!

You guys are taking this way far. Technically, snorting works, but tears up sinuses. I took Ambien for a solid 5 years. In the beginning, I tripped balls. That went away quickly. I have blacked out so many times. Alcohol is fun with Ambien, but it's automatic black out city. I just switched to Temazepam. Way better IMO. Anyway, eat 20mg and stay up. Things will look a little triply. Color will be brighter, shapes may distort and that's about it. 30mg and higher usually leads to blackouts. After five years, It would take 20mg for me to fall asleep. You really have to respect Ambien. It can work well or fuck you up. By the way, it works very well sublingually. I don't think it's worth snorting or IV'ing at all. 20 mg under the tongue works.

Oh yeah my first gram and a half was great. But stopped snorting 2cb after everytime my nasal passage swelled so much i couldnt clear them effeciently. So i started popping like 60- 75 mg to get the same effect as a 40 mg rail would do to me. so i wouldnt reccomend snorting anything especially ambien. if you had the choice , eat it.

One Summer night I took 10 AMBIEN 10 mgs each. Spaced apart. Later that night I looked out my 2nd floor window and I saw evil looking spirits floating all around my truck. They looked like a Dementer from Harry potter. When I yelled at them they looked at me then flew away into the dark scary woods. True story

Status
Not open for further replies.