• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ambien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that ambien is the only sleeping med that people go crazy about? no comments about lunesta? And what about the other end...anyone do it suppository style?

Why is it that ambien is the only sleeping med that people go crazy about? no comments about lunesta? And what about the other end...anyone do it suppository style?

Ambien just happens to be more common than the other z-drugs. The rest produce similar effects. Zolpidem works rectally pretty good too, however taking it orally is the most trippy experience for me. More you use the less fun it is, but the hangovers just get worse. I learned to hate the drug in the long run. Fun for a while but after some incidents doing extremely stupid things while under influence of massive doses accompanied by physical and mental hangover was not worth it any more, and it didnt even induce sleep any more. Very hard to not to re-dose, even it doesnt increase the euphoria but just messes you up more than you realize. Best to not get too far with this one.

Doses you take?

Is there a better sleep aid that has recreational effects?

10-20mg does me good, snorted is my ROA. This might sound a little strange, but I know I'm feeling it when my face and eyebrows looks different and I'm way relaxed like a benzo. But it is a lot different than a benzo.

I think Ambien is the only sleep aid that has most valuable recreational effects in my opinion. All of the "Z" drugs have an effect, but Ambien is still king in my opinion. I mainly abuse it for relaxation / taking the edge off. Works every time.

Lunesta will really burn and mess up your nose badly and won't get you buzzed.

OTOH, Ambien works very nicely for me when snorted.

Also be sure to remove the coating on the pills. You can just suck on them until you can taste the bitter ambien, remove it from your mouth and just dry it off with something like a microfiber cloth.

I use a pill crusher and a knife to remove all of the powder out of the pill crusher.

I usually snort 20mg. in one line without stopping, but depending on what brand of Zolpidem, some burn worse than others. But mostly the outer coating is what is sharp and causes more burn.

I like the feeling I get. No hallucinations or anything, but on lower doses I will be very outgoing and talkative, but not in an annoying way. It seems to boost my IQ and my wit along with my sense of humor at about 10 mg. snorted.

At 20mg. snorted, I'll put on some Bluetooth headphones and listen to some music and be in a nice, warm and fuzzy dream-like state for about 45-90 minutes, then will doze off for a while, depending on how late it is and how tired I am.

I get 60 x 10mg. prescribed each month and I usually snort 30 of them recreationally and use the other half as intended.

I'm on 70mg. of Methadone prescribed for CP and also get 60 x 10mg of Diazepam per month as well, so I just have to go see my Dr. once a month, fill my scripts and I'm good for the next 30 days.

The drug I never run out early of is the Methadone. Been there, did that and learned my lesson.
Sometimes, I'll run out of Diazepam a few days short because I overdid it on the Ambien and use the Diazepam to help me sleep.

The Diazepam is prescribed for back muscle spasms due to Sciatica.

I basically can't get high anymore. I don't drink anymore, don't care for MJ, so I get high on Ambien.

10mg. snorted and I can function normally and have a nice, pleasant buzz going.

20mg. and I usually just lay down, close my eyes and put on the headphones, then take them off once I'm nodding and it's nap time.

Again, remove that outer layer on the pills as that will reduce the amount of burning, but I don't find it to be too bad.

I've snorted coke, good coke in the past when I used to dabble in it (Never cared for the speedy drugs) and got worse burn than from Ambien and this was really good coke that was very high on the distribution chain and had very little cut.

You didn't run to the shitter after doing a line that was half coke and half mannitol.

This stuff was crushed pearls.

Just be sure not to drive on Ambien. It's probably more dangerous than driving drunk whether taken orally or snorted.

Anyways, that's been my experience with it and I've been taking Ambien nightly for about 15 years due to chronic insomnia and in my later years, due to CP as well.

Enjoy, but be careful. I always remember everything I do and I don't do any freaky stuff like drive to the 7-11 in my underwear, or raid the Fridge at 3:00 AM and not remember doing so.
I'm always fully aware of what I'm doing, even if I wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss, I always remember -and I don't make any phone calls, no texts, no emails, no posts on BL or any other forums.

Maybe it's because I'm used to them, but even when I first started taking them, I never had "Ambien Amnesia" like some people claim to have, usually after they wreck their car or do some other stupid stuff.

Good night...

Unfortunately, snorting a pill, which has all sorts of fillers and binders, many of which do not break down in the body, is simply not worth the tiny extra bit of Ambien. So what, if you have to take an extra 5 or 10 mg to get off, at least harm is reduced.

With all due respect, you fellow B lighters are crazy. I hope you have a shit ton of downs to come off high doses. That shit can kill.

Zolpidem snorting is for wimps try snorting Zopiclone zolpidems big brother

About 10 years ago on 45mg ambien, 110mg rectal codeine monohydrate, plenty of pot and something else I can't remember:

I'm laying inside my bed in the center of the room, incapacitated
What the fuck, there's a party in my room, so many people around me.
Guys you can't smoke in here (fuck I can't speak)
Oh god I'm gonna have to clean all this shit up.
Suddenly, the next morning had come and before I opened my eyes I again thought about the cleaning job, but everyone was gone.

Interesting. So definitely worth it. Fun? Nay not that much. No intention to overdose on it again.

When I take like 22.5mg I don't even feel much off it, I don't get tired at all, but I'll fall asleep easily. There's a high chance I'll redose and forget about. Benzos are very similar for me. Whole class of drugs (gabaergic hypnotics) seem kinda useless to me for recreational purposes.

Zolpidem snorting is for wimps try snorting Zopiclone zolpidems big brother
Amazing dreams, nasty taste in my mouth. Nothing too spectacular imho.

just railed a 10 mg, first time taking it ever, it burned so insanely bad the whole side of my face was busted up, i think i even shed a tear, but the pain is sharp and quick, i feel fine now, a bit euphoric, i plan to play video games on it to stay stimulated so i can stay awake, when the strangeness happens, i hope its a similar strange to lunesta, id rail one of those and itd almost be like a mild trip of its own variety

cheers!

I'm on 60mg of Ambien right now and damn I feel good. I'm all cozy in my bed just chillin. I feel a good sense of well-being on ambien, that it let's you not worry about shit. Anyways I'm about to spark this blunt. Peace.

I've actually found that taking an Ambien takes away >98% of my worst opiate withdrawals.. Anyone else have the same experience?

Anyway, if you haven't tried it, next time you're withdrawaling off opiates, pop an Ambien.

As someone who felt no effects with the 10mg ambien I was prescribed by taking it orally, and as someone who is a fan of snorting things, I figured railing it was the way to go. Tried for the first time last night and thought the burn would be horrible from what people said. Honestly, it was so minor I wouldn't even call it a burn. I think the people who find that it burns are either not crushing it finely enough or they aren't taking off the coating. Taking off the coating can be a real tedious bitch, I know. That's why you load a bowl and get a little ganja in your system so you're ready to pick all that shit out haha.
I bumped 5mg and laid down thinking I would get the rush pretty quick. I felt nothing more than lethargic as I would have if it had worked correctly when I took it orally. After probably 30 minutes, I cracked open another 5mg and proceeded to wait again for the rush. After 5 minutes, this is the experience I typed up as it happened:

Am I the only one who can see gifs out of still images while high?
I first saw 3 vacuums in my living room, but it turned out to only be a pug. Then aliens started shining their beams down through the pot lights in my ceiling. Then a transparent wall was put up between these aliens and me, but the wall was made up of alien faces. And I’m hearing a news broadcast that’s dubstep style, but no tvs are on in my house. The broadcast kept saying ‘stop looking at me’ ‘stop looking!’

And that was last night's trip. I went to bed soon after, feeling very pleased with the experience. And can I say, I haven't slept entirely through the night in 7-8 years. Last night was the FIRST night that happened. I woke up today feeling like a million bucks, like I could get so much done, my body felt renewed.

And I just railed 5mg, still the same feeling as the first 5mg of last night. Maybe not as lethargic, just very relaxed. I'd suggest 5mg if you want just a chill high like you get from a few benzos. But get the full 10mg if you want a trip. Which I am about to do...:)

Final note- I think the craziness of the trip depends on what you want. I can sit here and say I want to have a normal conversation with a friend and will do it, but if I lay down and want to trip, I will. It's definitely a 'choose your own adventure' kinda thing. And everybody loves those.
I used to do alot of ambien, havent come across one in a long time... I want to shoot one but idk how that would work, but i would always sniff them, a family member had them prescribed, dident take them, let me have them.. So i would purposely sniff them in my bathroom with the ceiling fan on because i would hear like a radio show/voices coming from it... Then i'd see "shadow people" and walls would be wavey, and also.. Do not mix alchohol, you will black out most likely... Don't remember much but i kept trying to get up and kept falling and hitting my head on the tub, my girl was like wtf and helped me... I almost went to the hospital, but i just laid in bed.

SWIM was wondering if 10mg of ambien will have him at a nice buzz he has done xanax and klonopin in the past so will 10mg of ambien do it?

I have a prescription for Ambien and use it occasionally for insomnia. A few nights ago, I decided to see what would happen if I snorted it. I have a really good pill crusher, makes any pill that isn't coated turn into a very fine powder. Anyway, my pills are 10 mg. Because I have bipolar disorder and already have to take Xanax, Zoloft, and Remeron just to deal with the anxiety and depression, I did not want to use more than the 10 mg. the first time I tried inhaling the Ambien. As said, I crushed it into a very fine powder, and inhaled the Ambien. It did NOT burn. I am also on Ritalin (not long-acting) and snort it several times a week, and that stuff DOES burn.
Anyway, within 15 minutes, I got slammed with the Ambien hitting my system. I cannot say it was a euphoric feeling...actually, it kind of freaked me out as I felt I was not in control of what I was doing. I nearly fell over asleep on the keyboard to my laptop.
I need to try this method one time before I take my nighttime Xanax and Remeron. I think the culprit that caused me to get so "out of it" so fast was the Remeron. Anyone who takes that med knows how fast it can knock you out.
I must add, that for the past month, I do not swallow my pills whole, except for the Zoloft (100 mg. twice daily) and the Depakote ER (seizure disorder from car accident years ago). The Xanax (2 mg./3x a day) and the Remeron (30 mg. at bedtime) I just let dissolve in my mouth, under my tongue. Xanax is nasty, has a very bitter taste, but I keep a cold drink, usually lemonade, handy to wash the remnants down. The Remeron is basically tasteless, and the outer shell dissolved pretty fast leaving the remainder to quickly disintegrate under my tongue. It WILL cause my tongue to feel somewhat numb for a bit, but nothing serious.
The one and only med I snort several times a week, is my Ritalin. I currently am on 20 mg. per day...2-10 mg tablets, not the long-acting type. I grind them up into a very fine powder and then snort them. It burns pretty bad, but I guess I have gotten used to that part and it doesn't last long.
The only drawback is, although I get a decent rush from inhaling the Ritalin (going to ask my doc to increase the amount soon), I also get very jittery, and my heart pounds in my chest for a certain amount of time. I do often save back my pills for days so I can snort 30-40 mg. at a time. I have found if I go over that amount, it makes me feel very sick....hands shake, I cannot sit still, heart pounds like crazy, and it just isn't worth it.
I am a 49 year-old female, 5'7", 170 lbs, so not petite by any means.
Oh, meant to add...chewing Ambien, Xanax, and even Remeron will give almost the same effects and last longer.

Ambien zolpidem

took two 6.5mg zolpidem a few min ago. 10:50PM
waiting to feel something. This is my first go with prescription sleep meds. I plugged 13 mg. Hopefully I'll feel it.
Listening to music. Gotta listen to PANTYRAID 10:51-Mmmm yea :). Getting sleepy already.11:00.

Next objective. Listen to music until lim not sleepy anymore

Opinions: Snorting Ambien, A fun time or a bad time?

I say a fun time most of the time... just don't over do or drive a car.. lol

I'd say that it could be "fun" at the time, but there's a high probability you will not remember. Ambien basically makes you dream while awake, but unlike on other hallucinogens you aren't as responsive to reality. If you have had any experience with other hallucinogens, you would know that tripping without knowing it is probably not good. I've heard of people doing some very, very foolish things while on ambien awake. If done properly, it's probably not that bad, but just don't screw it up. Make sure you don't have to drive, go anywhere, do anything and have a sitter. I wouldn't generally advocate this level of extreme caution, but deliriants are nothing to screw around with. It's probably not that bad, but be really experienced with drugs before attempting this and I'm sure that it wouldn't end badly

can you please tell me the steps you use to IV.. i have a i crush and put in spoon with 1cc cold water stir then heat for 10sec then stir and draw and shoot but the effects arent near as strong as everyone says

qMDRKtu.jpg

you don't wanna go down that road.

Status
Not open for further replies.