Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Singles thread - home of the quirky alone!?? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
(edit: for da precha) ^ My bad, it wasnt actually about you. I just wanted to watch UAN squirm while trying to defend you being a troll (which is true btw) - you of all people would have enjoyed the show

Which brings me to my on-topic.
Girls seem to love being (non-maliciously) toyed with.
If you're open, honest, thoughtful (boring) you're dead in the water
If you tease, misdirect, give backhanded compliments, all with a mischievous glint in your eye then you have to fight them off with a stick

Yet, the first thing a girl on the ass end of a relationship will say is "no more games" and the thing i always hear is they want a "down to earth guy".
Mixed signals anyone?

i dont understand.

i am considered pretty attrative guy. smart. funny

and girls generally seem to be attracted to me, but i guess there something about me that makes it hard to approch a girl with no reason other than being interested in them

now, the ONLY relationships ive had is when I confident and in control.

but ive been single for a long time; i don't know why. I am only twenty.

i guess i just got to wait..

I'd like to express my disenchantment about the new singles appearing to have been started by someone who is as single as my left testicle.

motiv311 said:
i dont understand.

i am considered pretty attrative guy. smart. funny

and girls generally seem to be attracted to me, but i guess there something about me that makes it hard to approch a girl with no reason other than being interested in them

now, the ONLY relationships ive had is when I confident and in control.

but ive been single for a long time; i don't know why. I am only twenty.

i guess i just got to wait..

...re read the shite you pollute the feminism thread with, wait for puberty to hit and maybe it will become a bit clearer to you kiddo.

From personal experience with control freaks, I steer well clear of males who feel the need for control. We aren't pets you know.

Is it a good or a bad thing when someone you have been friends with for years (and has only ever viewed as a "friend" cos you don't screw the crew - so to speak) reveals that they think you are beautiful, they like you and you are "special" to them? Then kisses you when you say goodbye?

^^ Id say if you have been friends for years itd be pretty in the norm for something like that to happen:)

m4dd0g said:
Which brings me to my on-topic.
Girls seem to love being (non-maliciously) toyed with.
If you're open, honest, thoughtful (boring) you're dead in the water
If you tease, misdirect, give backhanded compliments, all with a mischievous glint in your eye then you have to fight them off with a stick

Yet, the first thing a girl on the ass end of a relationship will say is "no more games" and the thing i always hear is they want a "down to earth guy".
Mixed signals anyone?

I have to agree with you somewhat ~ i know a lot of girls are like this.. but it doesnt mean thats the way it will always be.. i think once you have met enough guy's who have toyed with you to notice the difference, you will stop being attracted to those guys.

I mean there's a lot of girls out there in happy relationships, with great guys ~ i think to find them though you have to first realise thats what you want & deserve:)

&& consiously stop falling for guys who dont appreciate you:| no girl "consiously" likes being toyed with... I think you just have to realise the pattern & then go about changing it.

Last edited:
I think we all know why Motiv311 is single, making up funny names for being single is a bit sad, and the whole 'damnit I'm a nice guy, why do girls always go for arseholes' is just depressing, so lets move on.

Why is it that girls play hard to get? What is it they are trying to achive by doing so? Discuss.

They subconsciously fear being labeled easy, and circumvent this by providing hurdles / challenges for potential partners to "prove themselves worthy" so to speak :)

trancegirle said:
^^ Id say if you have been friends for years itd be pretty in the norm for something like that to happen:)

No, I mean a more than "just friends" kiss after cuddling watching dvds all arvo.... and then him coming over for dinner the next day and stealing kisses all afternoon that day

hrmmmmm

shouldnt go here....

why do i always do self destructive things?

why do girls like arseholes? why do girls play hard to get?

why do people get most hung up on the ones that don't seem to care enough about them?

these aren't girl or guy traits, it's a human being thing.

we all want someone to care about us, but are scared of not being able to find anyone who will care about us as much as we would like, and therefore of being hurt, so we subconsciously do these "things" as a form of protection from one and other.

aren't guys who are arseholes also playing hard to get?

^^ :D drEaMtiMe*@# ------->>> everything you say seems to always be spot on!

It can be a subconsciously narcissistic trait. "Wow, if he's too good for me, he must be *really* great. I want him so much"

When I was a teenager I was all for drooling over the wrong type of guy but now (24) I value honesty, and respect. I don't take kindly to being messed with.

that’s exactly right. it’s the self destructive in all of us. and you either grow out of this sort of behaviour and eventually find the type of relationship that you want, or you never grow out of it and keep on doing the loop to loop, or you also never grow out of it but try to counter it by getting off the train altogether and become a commitment phobe.

Females being attracted to assholes is similar to Males being attracted to 'girls who need saving' which i think is about self-perception and strength.

But i didnt mean outright asshole behavior, more playful than that

yay for being brave and asking someone out!
:D
now advice please...first date, dinner, should I dress with the killer high heels that look so hot they just say f*** me or do I go for more restraint??
:)

ykno
I so belong in this thread
more than anyone else I'd almost bet, n possibly win to
maybe I should hang around..
in the past I have gone to post but then decided against i coz what is worth saying really? What's the point- of the frustration n questioning of things n analysing etc etc.
oh wait we are here united in our happy singledomness arn't we?
I do like being single actually. You can do what you want, no one to answer to, always open to meeting members of the opp. sex
Course that stuff is possible when ur in a relationship too- but you know what I mean. Sorta makes things more exciting in some regards.

Course one day I'll find that special someone
who digs orgies with goats & cheese graters as much as I do...

n who likes the occasional (ok frequent) Jerry Springer-style domestics in the middle of shopping centre.
5 kids to 6 different guys
yewwwww

stephaniesomewhere said:
yay for being brave and asking someone out!
:D
now advice please...first date, dinner, should I dress with the killer high heels that look so hot they just say f*** me or do I go for more restraint??
:)

Post pics so we can make an informed decision :)

Firstly, no offence Jo cuz you know I love ya, but why was this thread restarted by a lady who is very not single? I believe this question has been asked already but not answered....

Secondly, I would rather stab myself in the eyes then choke to death on my eye goop/blood than EVER call myself a "quirky alone". Jesus. This is why terrorists hate the fucking west.

Thirdly, is there anybody else out there in the world who is actually HAPPY about being single? I'm not saying relationships are inherently bad, but I am not entering one unless I am absolutely fucking certain that it is going to be awesome. It just seems to me that everyone who says they're happy being single is only so until the chance for a boyfriend/girlfriend comes along, and then they're all like ooh he really likes me!!!! I'd better do his dishes!!!

Please advise me that there are people out there who are well adjusted enough that they don't actually NEED a hanger-on to complete themselves.....

*raises hand*

I'll clarify by saying i'm happy regardless of relationship status.
Which is probably why - like yourself - i want to be certain about someone before pissing away what i have

I know I could be happier in a relationship but think the odds are sweet FA

Status
Not open for further replies.