Should the Golden Nangs return?

Should the Golden Nang Awards Return

• Yes please... we freakin love it

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • No... and lets not speak of this again

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So when is this all gonna get up and running? I am actually looking forward to it now! I barely remember the last one, but then again that whole time frame is a blur to me lol

C'mon. On with the poll's!

Last edited:
82j22ph.gif

LETS DO IT!

vanth said:
I think the important thing to remember is that none of us are cool. None of us.

"The most tepid, lukewarm bluelighter award?"

I was going to ask for the hottest bluelighter, but no one seems to have my odd taste in men.

eggman88888 said:
^ Careful you dont bump into anything or walk into the traffic ;)

Ive walked into a fence before...then rebounded back into it off a wooden telegraph pole...it hurt...now its hilairious :D

There's been a total of 30 votes. Only 30 people have taken the time to say Yes/No to ONE question.

Uh, yeah. Nang awards are a great idea. In fact, I'm gonna cast my die now:

category 1: best bluelight event - the boobie thread
category 2: best dancer - Michael Jackson
category 3: best dressed bluelighter - The nudie thread
category 4: best quote whilst out - "..."
category 5: best overall thread - The boobie nudes
category 6: best single post or (whole) contribution to a thread - Who the fuck is going to make THAT much effort?!
category 7: best contribution to australian social - ner0
category 8: best contribution to australian drug discussion - Drugs?
category 9: biggest australian whore - Oh now, c'mon.
category 10: biggest shit-talker - Chopsy
category 11: safest bluelighter - preacha because of his allergies
category 12: most jaded bluelighter
category 13: most comedically gifted bluelighter
category 14: most open-minded bluelighter
category 15: most khandied bluelighter
category 16: hottest girl
category 17: hottest guy
category 18: best avatar
category 19: best signature
category 20: rookie of the year/best newbie
category 21: most reclusive bluelighter
category 22: biggest trashbag

So, I got to 11. Wish I'd voted Yes now.

hehe. Aren't poll bumps annoying?

They pretty much render Film & Television almost unreadable...

I'm going to call it and say a big no to the nangs. There's not enough interest, and to be honest, with only baseline interest, i'm not going to put a heap of effort into it, nor will i expect the other mods to do the same.

Let it go, people, let it go.

Ok. We'll just go back to posting in the 6 or so active threads that are in aus social ;)

Samadhi said:
I'm going to call it and say a big no to the nangs. There's not enough interest, and to be honest, with only baseline interest, i'm not going to put a heap of effort into it, nor will i expect the other mods to do the same.

Let it go, people, let it go.

QFT!

DoctorShop said:
Ok. We'll just go back to posting in the 6 or so active threads that are in aus social ;)

You want more active threads? Then start some threads that generate interesting discussion*.

As alasdairm says: Be the change you want to see.

* By interesting discussion, i don't mean "what made you [insert what the hell ever] today?"

Last edited:
DoctorShop said:

Thats all well and good, but criticizing the content (or lack there of) on an Internet forum that you access on a daily basis is a little futile imo

Your input is always encouraged. The only caveat we place on that is to just consider the community of users as a whole. Before starting a thread think "is this going to encourage an active and open discussion amongst other users".

Threads started by people like Mazdan, Muzby and DFRS are all good examples. They are generally thought provoking and interesting. Further, the OP's from those users are worded very well and in such a way as to allow further discussion without closing everyone out.

I can see where people are coming from with this whole Golden Nang bit, however a lot of you that are pushing for it weren't around when they where happening. For srarters the forum was a lot more active back then so you had a lot more input. Now just have a look at this pole 32 people have responded to an activity likely to have 20 something categories.

Lastly I posted the 2006 Golden Nangs where Kat effectively gave it a stiff injection of Pentobarbital to illustrate a point that often the Golden Nangs bred resentment amongst other users. E.g. why did they vote me for that? Im not like that? Why do they think he is better at whatever and not me? etc etc etc

Im not going to stamp it out like Samadhi but i certainly don't want to be involved in it. But if you want to issue all the categories, collect all the votes and post up the results - go for it!

I'm certainly not stamping it out, but i have no intention of running it. If there was the same level of interest that there was in 01-03, then i'd be up for it, but when there are only a few members rallying for it, then i'm not going to flog a dead horse.

If, however, members want to run it themselves, fine. I won't even say "I told you so".

It's all good guys.

I sometimes have ideas for threads that I think may be interesting but I get discouraged thinking that it may just be lumped into one of those other threads. And no eggman I'm not talking about my food eating contest with Klue ;)

So I'll be more proactive on the board when it comes to starting new threads in the future.

eggman88888 said:
Sorry, my mistake

That came out way harsher than i wanted it to, and probably did look like i was vetoing the idea. I'm just a jaded member of B.O.A.R.

eggman88888 said:
Threads started by people like Mazdan, Muzby and DFRS are all good examples.

good examples of shite threads
i'll have you know i bring 100% more turtle rape to each of my threads

Just a quick note, in terms of forum activity.

Comparing Feb of 2008 to the month of July 2006.

Aus Social had 1470 less posts (5385 to 3915)
EADD had 6183 less posts (11065 to 4882)

Relative to other forums, Aus Social has always hovered around the 4th or 5th busiest forum on Bluelight, this hasn't changed.

So while there has been a drop in posts, firstly it's not nearly as many as some other forums and it's relative to the rest of the site as the forum's position hasn't changed overall.

I guess what that translates into for me is that because I'm not hitting my KPI's I'm only going to be getting 46kgs instead of 49kgs of cocaine from BL HQ this year. Real bummer. ;)

PS. Yes, I know I like to party :p

Are you at risk of losing your right to party?

you got to fight for that shit man, you gotta fight for your right