• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sentimentality during withdrawal

Bro! What's up? Perfect topic on this thread for for me to ask you: How's it been? How is your Tramadol detox attempt? I hope you're okay!

I'm sorry friend, but surely I fell asleep with the laptop on my lap and forgot to answer your question.

My detox fuckin stinks. Yesterday was a tough day. I was in bed all day. I had nothing just clonazepam. And not even with that I could sleep more than 4 hours.

Luckily (or unfortunatey) I got 4x2000mg bottles of tramadol today but like the same old story I am taking it like no tomorrow instead of tapering. Fucking ass. At least I'm high.

Who would think this weak opioid shit would be so hard to quit. If I had known that, I would never have accepted that damn prescription from that asshole doctor. I think I'd rather live with my bloody herniated disc than have this fucking addiction.

Man. I feel high but angry too. Hahaha.

My regards bro. Thank you for your concern.

Bro! What's up? Perfect topic on this thread for for me to ask you: How's it been? How is your Tramadol detox attempt? I hope you're okay!
I don't know about everyone else, but Tramadol withdrawal was literal HELL for me. I've heard even heroin addicts say they'd take heroin withdrawal over Tramadol withdrawal. That's how unbearable it is, which is strange because its one of the weaker opioids. I think the severity of Tramadol withdrawal has something to do with its long duration of action.

Ive been addicted to opiates on and for 15yrs withdrawal is a horrible thing to go through especially restless legs which is hell.There is only one thing i like about withdrawal and that's when your emotions come back and you find yourself crying to some corny 70S song.usally im not a emotional person.I feel im coming alive again and the smallest thing makes me cry its like been born again.Does anyone else get floods of emotion and sentimentality?
I start crying watching john bonham or old childrens tv programs on youtube it's just how it is i enjoy it but enjoy the sexual feelings returning the most

I don't know about everyone else, but Tramadol withdrawal was literal HELL for me. I've heard even heroin addicts say they'd take heroin withdrawal over Tramadol withdrawal. That's how unbearable it is, which is strange because its one of the weaker opioids. I think the severity of Tramadol withdrawal has something to do with its long duration of action.
It's because it's also a serotonin-and-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.

It's because of its double action: opioid and SSRI-SNRI (or is it an SRA? Why does the antidepressant effect act immediately? unlike the SSRI-SNRIs? But that's another discussion.)
For people with a tendency to depression (like me), tramadol is fuckin harder to quit.
When you quit, the rebound effect is HUGE. I've never been suicidal, but the times I quit it, I assure you, it makes you want to kill yourself.

It's because of its double action: opioid and SSRI-SNRI (or is it an SRA? Why does the antidepressant effect act immediately? unlike the SSRI-SNRIs? But that's another discussion.)
For people with a tendency to depression (like me), tramadol is fuckin harder to quit.
When you quit, the rebound effect is HUGE. I've never been suicidal, but the times I quit it, I assure you, it makes you want to kill yourself.

That's a very good question as to and whether if the SNRI action in tramadol is instant or not, and why if it is. I just googled this but came up with nothing.

I get depressed the day after tramadol no matter what, if I'm addicted or not. I don't know why. I have been going back and forth on whether I should just blame it on the opioid properties, or if I should actually get prescribed an SNRI. I also think something that feeds into my depression is that "did I really do/say that?" feeling. I'd often do or say things while on tramadol in such high spirit and hopes, even sometimes promising people things, then waking up the next day going "wait a minute I don't wanna do that... but AWW... I PROMISED!"

I can relate 100%. It helped me more as an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med or mood stabilizer than as a painkiller (but my psychiatrist at the time wouldn't prescribe painkillers for off-label use), but holy hell was the withdrawal nasty as fuck. It really does bring you to the point of wanting to end it all.

I
To be honest, going thru Bupe withdrawal by taking kratom and listening to songs that are inspiring gave me some of the biggest highs I've ever had. Usually some crying involved but the happy kind. Goosebumps and everything.
I'm glad Kratom worked for you. It didn't do a damn thing for me, but opiate/opioid addicts tend to get mixed results from it. I'd say it's about 50/50 in terms of the reviews I've heard.

That's a very good question as to and whether if the SNRI action in tramadol is instant or not, and why if it is. I just googled this but came up with nothing.

I get depressed the day after tramadol no matter what, if I'm addicted or not. I don't know why. I have been going back and forth on whether I should just blame it on the opioid properties, or if I should actually get prescribed an SNRI. I also think something that feeds into my depression is that "did I really do/say that?" feeling. I'd often do or say things while on tramadol in such high spirit and hopes, even sometimes promising people things, then waking up the next day going "wait a minute I don't wanna do that... but AWW... I PROMISED!"
Funny you say that because I always found tramadol to be a rather effective antidepressant. More so than any actual antidepressants I've ever taken. But I see what you're saying about the lifting of spirits to the point that you stick your foot in your mouth or agree to doing shit you'd later regret agreeing to. Alcohol has that effect with me as well.

Yeah man. That is what tramadol does. It motivates you to do things that sober you wouldn't do. In doses less than 400 mg. It acts almost like a stimulant (I remember doing I could exercise on an empty stomach just by taking a pill) and as an anxiolytic. It's a fucking rare drug, it's like a small mix of many others haha.
I once read that not even chemists or doctors know 100% how tramadol works, so there are a lot of things we don't even know about this drug.

Funny thing is, I've taken other opioids and I feel like they're missing "something" that tramadol has.

It would be good if a chemist or doctor answered us WHY tramadol ends depression instantly (is it due to the opioid effects or its SNRI action?).

Are you also struggling with tramadol? I wish I had never taken it. Shitty drug and so harmless it looked.

Funny you say that because I always found tramadol to be a rather effective antidepressant. More so than any actual antidepressants I've ever taken. But I see what you're saying about the lifting of spirits to the point that you stick your foot in your mouth or agree to doing shit you'd later regret agreeing to. Alcohol has that effect with me as well.

Yeah when I feel depressed 15-30 minutes after taking it the world seemed wonderful and everything was fine. I could never do that with sertraline, fluoxetine, escitalopram, bupropion, or even venlafaxine, which is supposed to be structurally similar.

In fact, it acts a bit like MDMA, it makes me love everyone. My cat and dog are the happiest because I can spend hours petting them.

Yeah man. That is what tramadol does. It motivates you to do things that sober you wouldn't do. In doses less than 400 mg. It acts almost like a stimulant (I remember doing I could exercise on an empty stomach just by taking a pill) and as an anxiolytic. It's a fucking rare drug, it's like a small mix of many others haha.
I once read that not even chemists or doctors know 100% how tramadol works, so there are a lot of things we don't even know about this drug.

Funny thing is, I've taken other opioids and I feel like they're missing "something" that tramadol has.

It would be good if a chemist or doctor answered us WHY tramadol ends depression instantly (is it due to the opioid effects or its SNRI action?).

Are you also struggling with tramadol? I wish I had never taken it. Shitty drug and so harmless it looked.
You took the words out of my mouth. It really does have what other drugs lack. Its a sneaky one though. Feels so mild and harmless that it really is surprising that it can bite back with such a vengeance. Its a great motivator too. Makes me more inclined to do tedious tasks with a smile that I'd only do reluctantly while sober. If even doctors and chemists don't understand how it works or why its so effective, then I guess i understand why my shrink wouldn't prescribe it to me for off-label use as a mood-stabilzer. She just told me "that's a painkiller. I can't prescribe painkillers.". I assume its a liability issue.

I can relate 100%. It helped me more as an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med or mood stabilizer than as a painkiller (but my psychiatrist at the time wouldn't prescribe painkillers for off-label use), but holy hell was the withdrawal nasty as fuck. It really does bring you to the point of wanting to end it all.

Yeah the WD is HELL. You really want to kill yourself. The first 3-4 days are tough.

I'm going to test if venlafaxine/effexor comes close to its antidepressant properties (I've already taken it but it's almost 10 years ago and I don't remember much).

Yeah the WD is HELL. You really want to kill yourself. The first 3-4 days are tough.

I'm going to test if venlafaxine/effexor comes close to its antidepressant properties (I've already taken it but it's almost 10 years ago and I don't remember much).
I relapsed 2 days into tramadol withdrawal. It got so bad I said, "I'll sell my soul to avoid feeling like this ever again". Literally seconds later I got a call from someone who was selling what I craved. I had a sinking feeling after that. Like the feeling that my wish has been granted but there's gonna be a HUGE catch. That was over a decade ago and I haven't had withdrawals since. Hopefully its just a coincidence and there's nothing more sinister at hand.

Last edited:
You took the words out of my mouth. It really does have what other drugs lack. Its a sneaky one though. Feels so mild and harmless that it really is surprising that it can bite back with such a vengeance. Its a great motivator too. Makes me more inclined to do tedious tasks with a smile that I'd only do reluctantly while sober. If even doctors and chemists don't understand how it works or why its so effective, then I guess i understand why my shrink wouldn't prescribe it to me for off-label use as a mood-stabilzer. She just told me "that's a painkiller. I can't prescribe painkillers.". I assume its a liability issue.

Yeah it's a great drug to take when you hate your job for example :LOL: . Also, it's very difficult for people to notice that you're high on tramadol. At least in doses less than 400 mg.

I've noticed doctors many times know less than Bluelight users hahaha. I think most don't even know that tramadol acts on serotonin. I have seen prescriptions for tramadol and antidepressants. WTF.

I relapsed 2 days into tramadol withdrawal. It got so bad I said, "I'll see my soul to avoid feeling like this ever again". Literally seconds later I got a call from someone who was selling what I craved. I had a sinking feeling after that. Like the feeling that my wish has been granted but there's gonna be a HUGE catch. That was over a decade ago and I haven't had withdrawals since. Hopefully its just a coincidence and there's nothing more sinister at hand.

I can swear I get high just thinking that my shipment of trammies will arrive today. :LOL:

The closest drug I have had resembling tramadol is raw opium in Egypt. You either stick a piece in your lip or make coffee with it or whatever, and it has the same stimulant-like properties (including enhancing sexual performance in men) and then later you get a peaceful sleep. But even when I did opium I didn't feel particularly depressed the next day.

Right now I'm not in any form of tramadol addiction. I did it over the weekend but stopped this morning. I have more, but I won't take any. I'd rather bear pain than scare myself into thinking I need detox. I had my mini detox and it was successful; now I am adamant in not letting it sneak up on me again. But yeah, tramadol just makes everything "ok". Then the next day they aren't ok. It's a gross feeling.

@supersonic89 your WD is hell because of your dose. I think you would need a long, long taper.

Is it safe to take tramadol next to an SNRI, like for example... Starttera? No serotonin syndromes?