• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

PC Searching a new game - what do you recommend?

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Well I'm not that much of a gamer, usually playing on the lowest setting but I enjoy it nevertheless from time to time, specially games with a nice immersive atmosphere like the Metro series, or Resident Evil. Max Payne wasn't too bad either, and some which names I forgot. Sometimes I still play Unreal Tournament xD maybe somebody knows a newer alternative with good graphics?

I heard Dying Light 2 was amazing, and I absolutely loved the first game. Great combat, great graphics. I haven't played it but based on how much I loved the first game it's probably amazing.

Bethesda games are nice.

I'm currently playing Terraria but that's a 2d pixel art game, but it's very fun.

I heard Dying Light 2 was amazing, and I absolutely loved the first game.
Oh, forget to mention, I loved Dying Light as well :) just like most games I didn't finish it, either my PC crashed or had to reinstall otherwise, or it got too difficult I don't remember.. Tomb Raider for example I would like but fail at the very beginning, in Rise of the Tomb Raider there where one needs to swing back and forth to reach another wall of ice.. maybe I should finally buy a controller, somehow I like the freedom of view a mouse provides you and can't imagine combatting with a controller but when all the PS + XBox folks can handle it, I should be able too lol

Dying Light 2 has Denuevo :( so will take time or money to get it. I know, pirating is bad for the business etc but here in Mexico they sell pirated movies along the street and on markets, you can use torrent without rushing into problems so I use what's out there.

Of 2D games recently a friend recommended me Ori and the Blind Forest, just again, stuck somewhere but has nice atmosphere.

I know, pirating is bad for the business
one could argue that it actually helps the industry, a lot of people who pirate games end up buying them later and supporting the company when they probably wouldn't have ever purchased it had they not pirated it first

I think it's morally ambiguous, plus a lot of gaming companies are complete leeches and try to squeeze every dollar they can out of people. It balances out IMO.

If you want a challenge and a steep learning curve, check out Elden Ring. It's nothing like anything you mentioned but I just started playing it yesterday and I haven't liked a FromSoftware game so much since Bloodborne, and I fucking loved Bloodborne.

FPS? Quake was recently remastered, and that'd probably be right up your alley. I also really enjoyed the Mass Effect and Halo series, but can't really stand the realistic warfare games like Call of Duty and Battlefield.

Fallout 4, Skyrim, and GTA 5 are all classics to have in reserve for when you're just bored and don't know what to play next.

This next one's kind of weird but if you have any interest in historical piracy and naval battles at all then give Assassin's Creed: Black Flag a try.

X-Com 2 was fucking phenomenal with tons of replay value.

As far as 4-X games go, there's always the latest version of Civilization to waste a few weeks on, but my personal favorite in recent memory is Stellaris-- a sci-fi empire builder in space.

Lastly, there are a few honorable mentions that I always like to put out there in these kinds of conversations: the Crusader Kings series, Mount & Blade: Warband and Mount & Blade: Bannerlord, and my favorite of all time: Rimworld.

Last edited:
Cruelty Squad is one I recently played through in December. It is one of my favorite singleplayer games of all time and it will run on almost any PC (I played through the entirety of it on a laptop since the Windows installation on my Desktop was corrupted at the time.) I promise that the game is only elaborately designed to at first glance look like a shitpost. It actually has an absurd complexity and attention to detail surpassing most games I've played. It's only $20 right now, goes on sale for $14 pretty regularly, and if money is very tight for you then I'm sure it can be found on your favorite torrent site.

I think it's morally ambiguous, plus a lot of gaming companies are complete leeches and try to squeeze every dollar they can out of people. It balances out IMO.
This 1000%, though I've found myself pirating less and less over the years due to Steam sales, Epic store giveaways, and the Steam refund feature. No shame in torrenting when money is tight, I did it plenty as a kid and ended up buying many of the games I liked (even those I had already beat once or twice) as a teenager to support the devs and have easier downloads for them. Still do it to test games out before buying sometimes, though usually I'll just use Steam's refund feature if the game isn't very pricey. Just be careful and use Sandboxie, since I've had to reinstall Windows twice in the past decade with at least the first instance being due to viruses caused by piracy making my PC unusably slow.

Last edited:
What are your system specs?
Currently a mobile GTX 1050Ti, 3 or 4 GB VRAM. 16GB system RAM and a Core i7 8750H. Most games run more or less good at 1080, old ones like Unreal Tournament even at 4K but with the newest generation of games it's maxed out and I'm looking for saving money for a RTX 3060 laptop as my current one is falling into pieces.. already wanted to order but import tax is prohibitively high (adds like 350$ to the price) so I'd need to travel to the US as there are no good local offers. Thought about a PS5 but it's a no because both I like playing with the mouse, and I can't afford buying all the games.

Thanks for the tips to far..

Also I fully agree to your meaning about game corps.. they invest more into copy protection than good games it seems..

that's the whole map

latest

i just got the lantern tho - it cost me 1800 Geo, but now i can see in the dark so im over here stuck in Resting Grounds

im tellin ya man this game is great

@plumbus-nine Any reason it has to be a laptop? Building a desktop is easy and would probably be much, much cheaper + result in a better gaming experience.

@plumbus-nine Any reason it has to be a laptop? Building a desktop is easy and would probably be much, much cheaper + result in a better gaming experience.
I like it to be portable, but indeed I thought about building a desktop instead - but the current crypto hype made graphic cards so expensive that it is in fact cheaper to buy a laptop as long as it hasn't to be Alienware or other premium stuff yet there are RTX 3060 laptops around $1000 while the card alone costs almost the same..

Life is Strange (all of them)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
Killer Instinct (the modern version)
Hollow Knight too, class game.

Would those games be your thing?

Funny story about the remastered Life is Strange games, I pre-ordered both of them and then the next month they were the free games on Stadia. Frig sake like lol just my luck.

I like it to be portable, but indeed I thought about building a desktop instead - but the current crypto hype made graphic cards so expensive that it is in fact cheaper to buy a laptop as long as it hasn't to be Alienware or other premium stuff yet there are RTX 3060 laptops around $1000 while the card alone costs almost the same..
Could always go find a higher-end older-generation card on Ebay.

If you like imersive games and with nice plotlines I recommend Life is strange franchise (they have a mistery and adventure vibe that I love and the choices matter). Another game with a nice plot is Road 96, is a nice adventure too where your choices also matter.

You know, man, sometimes you should play some classic games. Tbh, I'm tired of playing modern games, so I've downloaded Diablo. Actually, it's the first game I've ever played, but for some reason, I stopped playing it when it was released. Maybe it seemed too boring to me, IDK. Still, I've been playing it for more than a week, and I can't just stop. I'm currently trying to make a d2r botd runeword, so I need to find some specific runes. I've asked my sons to help me cause I know they are big fans of Diablo. So, I recommend playing Diablo. It's never too late to play it, actually.

Last edited:
You know, man, sometimes you should play some classic games. Tbh, I'm tired of playing modern games, so I've downloaded Diablo
The first Diablo has been complete reverse engineered by some GitHub user in recent years which is interesting. That leaves a pretty open ended set of possibilities for mods is probably the follow-up I imagine anyone else might pick up, or just play as a user.

Diablo is best played on the still super duper extreme 1995 PlayStation by the lost startup called Sony. Many may not know about this rare gem, which actually STILL holds up as a contender as THE superduper AND supercomputer ultrapow-A and grade A BEST game console. One which can actually, if you manage to find this ancient (the 1990s are old news yo) relic yet ti emerge as your main and ONLY gaming console we will give you a refund. How much what’s the price?

Gimme yer credit cardz and crypto codez yo bitch ass with all your information cybersecure in our cloud network TheOnionHax0rN0 ( no hax lol) to reassure that no one else will get your info. And I’ll give you a discount discount DISCOUNT.

JUST SEND YER CODEZ NOW AND THE PLAYSTATION - a graphically capable of graphical presentations. And can actually be fit into your own living room or bedroom with your included TUBE TELEVISION - a 20 inch DREAM which will show off your graphical presentation.. Like, brand new (or whatever....

So... Yea.... Waddup beotch

you think of a name you ‘able to think for yourself’ customer.. A human being

YO

ORDER NOW BEFORE I JUST TAKE THOSE CODEZ (....offers.. Like, ... Yeah) AND YOU LOSE CONTROL BECAUSE AVAILABILITY IS RUNNING OUT.

PlayStation (1995)

CAPABLE OF A GRAPNICAL PREZENTAT-sheeeee-yun!

BITCH!

I just woke up and got on BL a couple seconds ago. Or else I would be giving suggestions earlier. I'm a hardcore gamer and I know most of the stuff that's going on I think.

Just give me a sec gotta go brush and clean up

And I'll be back in a jiffy with my first had only suggestion. I promise

(might need your BL password cuz my best suggestion is to let me handle your gaming needs - one day with me is a code cracker indeed)

Man I remember back in the day when I'd get something new I'd usually be trying stuff from the ever-nostalgia glasses inducing 1990s game rental shop.

Honestly these days were like the fucking dark ages.I don't get groups for romanticizing the past we need to focus on social distancing and not talk

(especially about 90s BS like they PS1 remember that trash!?? Brings back memories I guess......

I need codez (this sly line is actually me fantasizing about the ps1 game shark)

Wtf my keyboard is fucking up man I'm so broke send me donations plz

Back in a jiffy I'm stuck in a terminal right now (like a bus stop or whatever I won't hack your ass and take credit)

I'll lie

Oops scratch the last one line that a freudian type.ll. A typist who accidentally types something like the opposite of what he wanted to.... Like whether it was a true intention

A lie

Oh fuck which one, send $29.99 to my isn't a to find out had your email receipt will show up. Leave email password for me too just in case I need a a way to make sure I can BEST assist you. You know how tech is always not doing shit and stuff!!

What if the first game you play and enjoy is the one you don't play? People love giving it all up for others- even if they didn't mean to - cuz like it feels to give everything to a scammer in need.... He just needed money. You know how it goes with the pandemic and all. Omg your opinion on covid is exactly MINE too I can tell!

I'm not high. IM FUCKING BLASTED DUDE - in my game. I jumped to the next line in terminal and I have a cool game I'll show you, you. Dabomb shit