• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Salvia Subthread] Buccal (quid) / Sublingual / Oral Salvia

Weigh out the extract dosage equivalent of 2-3mgs of salvinorin A (pure sal A = 400x extract), soak it in a small amount of high proof liquor over night, and use the resulting mix exactly the same way you use a sublingual dose, which is pretty much just salvinorin A and alcohol as far as I know. The salvinorin A is soluble in the alcohol, and additionally it helps make it absorb more efficiently than just chewing it. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I tried .2 or so of 20 extract sublingually and it did nothing.
I think you need insanely high extract for sublingual dosing or I'm not very sensitive.

I just did .2 subling. It's somewhat like the effect of a roll of MDMA or a small does of the trippy piperazine TFMPP. But without the rolling euphoria/stimulation/happyness

Just really minor visuals.

^I think Seibert ran a test with volunteers with 2mg of sublingual salvinorin A and had mixed results, so yeah, you may need to go higher. 0.2-0.3g should be a good starting range for 10x, which is *supposed* to have 25mg of salvinorin a per standardized gram, I think. Somewhere around every 50mg of 10x should have its own mL of 151 or Everclear because if I remember correctly that's around the concentration limit. Though I've heard up to 1.5mg of salvinorin can be dissolved per mL, too.

i tried it and it didnt do anything. ive never been able to get the sublingual method to work, extract or leaf, except in combination with other drugs, the effects are too mild for me.

I've tried 25x sublingually, but only got a bit stoned (with mild rushes. )

Not worth the hideous taste, IMO ...

the only salvia I heard of that can be taken sublingually was the Salvia Tincture (a liquid you keep under your tongue). I purchased it once with minimal results, though some of my friends said they felt it, I think it's a waste of money and it's better to just smoke it.

Yeah, I'll never go the tincture route again. I got a 1oz bottle from a trusted source and I ended up doing the whole thing. very,very mild. And the burning/taste was hideous

Sublingual salvia tastes something along the lines of tree leaves, windex, and ass. You definitely aren't going to be savoring the flavor.

I was also under the influence of a heavy duty dose of lorazepam when I got the brilliant idea "Hey, I'll use my saliva like chewing tobbaco!"

Needless to say within seconds of putting $30 worth of salvia in my mouth, I was running to a sink so I could spit it out.

No noticed visuals or any "trippy" disturbance. Could have been because I was on benzodiazepines.

^The Mazatecs generally chew the leaves for up to forty minutes I believe....

You have to keep it in for a while, and the effects aren't very interesting.

I watched a video/documentary about Salvia and they chewed on the fresh leaves, then sucked and swished bits in their mouth and after 20 minutes or so they were having hallucinations.

Yeah, only fresh leaves are chewed. I had a friend who chewed on some leaves and actually had a pretty decent trip, i guess it's not as strong as smoking salvia but it lasts up to twice as long (or at least there is more of a noticable afterglow).
Anyway when I got the tincture it said to put like 5 drops under tongue for some amount of seconds for a medium high and 10 drops for very strong effects. I ended up eventually putting as much as 30 drops in and waiting and putting another 30 in after than and just laying there waiting...definitely a waste of money.

Most dry salvia extracts seem to be optimized for smoking, not other routes of ingestion. The Mazatec quid method of sublingual salvia administration seems to work pretty well for those that know what they're doing. Perhaps there's some other stuff in the fresh leaves that acts as a carrier for the salvinorin?

^ I believe so.. everyone I've heard from has said more or less that quidding dry leaves does little/nothing and quidding fresh leaves works about as well as smoking, and tastes better than the dry leaves. Too bad you need a plant to have access to fresh leaves.

I heard somewhere about 'rehydrating' dry leaves before quidding, by putting them in a bowl of water for a while, supposedly that makes it work better, but I don't know.

Oral salvia

Im bored and want to try and use the salvia i have orally to pass the time.

I have like 60x extract, and its just groung up leaves, in a countainer the size of a quarter.

Where do i put it in my mouth? Should i just take a pinch and put it in my lip, like chewing tobacco?

I plan on smoking the rest with my friends, i just want to try it now at home

I've heard smoking is the only reasonably good ROA for salvia (recent BDD thread), I don't care for salvia myself though so I have limited personal experience with it.

This tooooo BDD

Last edited:
I have no idea, do you know if oral absorption is viable with salvia?

Just make me think of weed and how it doesnt work out so well, being that it is fat soluble.

...just a thought, otherwise parachuting or sublingual would be my suggestion

Try putting a pinch of it in your lip. Mazatec Indians traditionally chewed salvia as a quid, so you can probably have it absorbed through your mouth. I heard that swallowing it won't do anything without something else to make it active.