• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside Drug Testing (QLD)

One of my mates, who is completely against drugs happed to tell me that many tests down south, presume he was talking about melb, have turned out to be false positives. He does talk a lot of shit, has anyone else heard the same thing? This only came to mind after reading the last posted news report.

And also, I don't think i've read exactly how this test works, but is the first test just a scrapping of the tongue for residue? Surely it's possible to swallow a pill with out it leaving residue!? Then they collect a saliva sample and test that if the first test returns a positive? Anyone know how the exact procedure is done.?

Splatt said:
a bottle i guess, or you just argue in court (yes in your time) you're prescribed to them. But I'm pretty sure phase 3 of the testing is done in a lab so they will know exactly what you had. They could still start a case on ritalin driving though and make sure your doctor gives you a cert that you are capable of driving on it and have ADD and its effects do not stop you from losing motor control (in both ways)

That seems a tad unreasonable (obviously this isn't your fault :p so dont think i'm saying that)

I dont carry my medication with me everywhere i go. I keep it at home, so that I can take it at the correct times.

I realise in the end it would have to come to a blood test, but then how do they know WHEN you ingested the drug (i'm guessing' thats probably quite easy to figure out with blood concentrations, however by the time the blood test happens you may not have any left in your system?)

I would personally REALLY like to know exactly what the saliva tests entail (what reagents or whatever they use to get the first reading) and if they will react to methylphenidate as i would imagine they would with dexamphetamine, but not sure about the methylphenidate.

What about zoplicone and/or zolpidem (being somewhat related to benzodiapines afaik) I had one the night before for sleep aid..?

This is going to be an absolute fuck about for those of us who don't break the law (not saying i haven't had illegal substances, just saying i dont drive on them) and having to go through all the hassles of court and time wastage (which i'm sure would never be compensated for) just for having insomnia and/or adhd.

Also, what about people who use Phentermine? will this produce a false positive for amphetamines?

Basically what i'd like to know most is: Will all Phenethylamine class drugs produce a positive?

^^ get a note from your prescribing doctor and carry it in your wallet if you are worried

mikey_86 said:
One of my mates, who is completely against drugs happed to tell me that many tests down south, presume he was talking about melb, have turned out to be false positives. He does talk a lot of shit, has anyone else heard the same thing? This only came to mind after reading the last posted news report.

And also, I don't think i've read exactly how this test works, but is the first test just a scrapping of the tongue for residue? Surely it's possible to swallow a pill with out it leaving residue!? Then they collect a saliva sample and test that if the first test returns a positive? Anyone know how the exact procedure is done.?

I'm not that sure of this, but i imagine the saliva test doesnt just indicate if the person has 'eaten' the drugs. For example if a person has injected speed or meth or mdma recently for example, im pretty sure that still comes as a positive, and also with snorting, same diff i imagine. Otherwise everyone will just stop swallowing and inject or snort if that's the case, which i highly doubt.

They get a scrapping from ur mouth for first test, and if that's a positive, then they take you for more tests i think, like lab tests.

Vic Drug driving tests

[QUOTE"Does this mean you could smoke cannabis at a party – or even ingest second-hand smoke – and be random drug-tested weeks later, and then charged with an offence?"[/QUOTE]

They say this wont happen, but i'm sure there will be others who disagree. They say on the Vic dd website that the potency of the pot and the person has something to do with the exact time that it can still be detected. Ie for strong hydro it can probably stay in your system longer than weak bushies, and the height and build of a person will have some influence too i imagine, so there's a few variables that mean to me, people will be able to debate, even in court say, that the pot was smoked longer than the police say.

So people who smoke all the time, will they have it in their system pretty much most the time? Except maybe after sleeping? Or will their bodies have a tolerance so that it wont show up as strongly as someone who is smoking only every few months or something? Too many variables and possibilities i think for it to be accurate enough.

Theyere not testing for benzos (stupid) since they kill more than MDMA, meth and cannabis put together.
This is all aimed at kids, clubbers, dance parties and events where they know "party drugs" will be taken.

I'd have to agree with you there Splatt.

This is such an interesting topic to talk about though. Can't wait to be tested, I am very eager to find out exactly how it all works and if it's just a scrapping for residue first or a very basic saliva test and scrapping first. Mind you in the last two years I've only ever been through 2 RBTs! So i could be waiting a while...

Yeah I know they can still test for stuff you have railed or injected, thats the thing with saliva tests, they are very similar to a urine test, well from what I have read so far.

But I have been thinking about something, what if, and this relates to the second hand smoke thing you were talking about, someone had their drink spiked in a club, waited 1 hour, jumped in there car, started feeling sick on the way home then bam, they get pulled over for a RDT, and don't even know they had their drink spiked? Have been wondering if you could even make up some bullshit like that and see if the cops would buy it?? Opinions anyone? I know it sounds a little bit ridiculous, but it could happen to someone

EDIT: also, thanks for all the info so far, muchly appreciated :D

mikey_86 said:
But I have been thinking about something, what if, and this relates to the second hand smoke thing you were talking about, someone had their drink spiked in a club, waited 1 hour, jumped in there car, started feeling sick on the way home then bam, they get pulled over for a RDT, and don't even know they had their drink spiked? Have been wondering if you could even make up some bullshit like that and see if the cops would buy it?? Opinions anyone? I know it sounds a little bit ridiculous, but it could happen to someone

I believe that this could actually happen, albeit very unlikely, and we could see it used as a defence in the future. If something like this did occur, it wouldn't be up to the police to decide if you should be charged or not, as they are just enforcing the law.

If the initial, secondary and lab samples returned positive results then I would suggest charges would be laid. The onus of proof would then fall into your hands and you would have to convince a magistrate that you had not knowingly consumed drugs; rather, they had been secreted into your drink by an unknown person or persons. I would assume at the very least that an explanation like this could be used as mitigating circumstances.

mikey: I pointed this out in another thread about spiking. But someone else said "why would you be at a bar if you're not drinking". You'd have to be comfortable and not anxious when talking to the police, play it cool and get a lawyer and you'd be off i reckon.

theres no proof you took that drug, and also, i dont think a positive result can turn into a car saearch for drugs, baggies, pipes etc.. unless you agree.

mikey_86 said:
This is such an interesting topic to talk about though.

The tests in all states are based on the technology used here in Victoria where we've had roadside drug testing for years now and it's become a part of the road safety program with minimum fuss really... for most Victorians, roadside drug testing is a fact of life.

That said, if you'd like to do some more reading...

Vic - Road Side Drug Testing Without 'Drug Bus'
Drug Bus - Currently In Operation
Roadside Drug Testing....
do drug buses test for sleeping pills
Roadside Drug Tests - Twice in 1 week!!!

awesome thanks for the links hoptis. I'll sure to check them out tomorrow after I've had some sleep after another night out tonight.

Was also RBT'd twice last night, only my way into the valley, around 1.45am, one on Vulture st and the other on leopard/river terrace... they were within 1km of each other, and I wasn't RDT'd ay either of em. Found it a lil weird as the dude at the one on leopard/river terrace asked me if I was on my way home, to which I replied i'm off to the valley. Figured he'd at least stick a swab in my mouth, but nope! Better luck next time. Maybe I might get done on my way in/home tonight.

Thanks again dudes and chicks, rave/club safe :D

Bullshit RBT only coppers. they had no drug tests last night (GC). oh and a cop let a mate off over the limit, thanks qld police. just heard from him then hes getting ready for work

Four Qld truckies test positive to drugs
December 20, 2007 - 8:01PM

Four truckies in central Queensland have screened positive to drug driving, police say.

Police specifically targeted heavy vehicles in major arterial routes between Mackay and Rockhampton over the past two days in Operation Night Stalker.

They performed random breath tests and drug testing, as well as enforcing the speed limit, log book requirements and vehicle roadworthiness.

Drivers were screened for illicit substances cannabis, speed, ice and ecstasy, with four drivers intercepted on the Bruce Highway failing tests and having their licences suspended for 24 hours.

They were a 35-year-old man from Victoria Point in southeast of Brisbane, and a 58-year-old man from Kingston in Brisbane's south, both stopped at Princhester, and a 52-year-old and 39-year-old from Brisbane intercepted at Marlborough.

Queensland Health will analyse the samples to confirm the tests before the four men are prosecuted.

They face a maximum fine of $1,050 and may lose their driver's licence permanently.

Some of the truck drivers were also charged with log book offences and speeding.

Superintendent Paul Doyle, of the State Traffic Support Branch, warned that police were clamping down on drug driving.

"The combination of high speed in a heavy vehicle with the presence of an illicit drug in a driver is high risk behaviour which can have fatal consequences," he said.

"We will continue to enforce the new drug testing legislation anywhere and anytime."

SMH

instead of cracxking down on truckies why not tyhe central australia companies? I know of truckies that get handed a big bag of base along with their paycheck.

Roadside testing

I was told by a friend of mine that he knew a fella that recently got roadside tested. He passed the test even considering he had smoked weed quite some hours before.

The story goes on that he asked the copper that tested him how long it is after consumption that they can get you for under the influence and apparently he said for both weed and methamphetamine its 4-6 hours.

TheSearch said:
I was told by a friend of mine that he knew a fella that recently got roadside tested. He passed the test even considering he had smoked weed quite some hours before.

The story goes on that he asked the copper that tested him how long it is after consumption that they can get you for under the influence and apparently he said for both weed and methamphetamine its 4-6 hours.

from the last 6 pages it's quite obvious this information is [technically] incorrect - and would vary from person to person/male to female, best to be safe and allow yourself at least 20 hours.

HA ! well have fun with your 20 hour waits nfosrch

The tests work on testing the THC content in your mouth, not the metabolites in your body. What this means is you will be busted from the THC levels left in your mouth from the smoke from that joint you just smoked. Its not testing that your high so much, its testing that you smoked something with your mouth.

So it is my opinion that a persons physiology will have little to do in affecting the reading compared to the method of smoking eg, joint, bong, lightbulb vapouriser.

Until one can find a way to reduce the active THC content in ones mouth, i would not drive before the 4 hour mark.

So this thread has been a little quiet. I thought it would be buzzing over Christmas. Can anyone report any recent RDT locations/sightings.

Question: Is there only one drug bus operating in Queensland ?????

Just read this in a story on news.com.au

Police also targeted drink and drug driving yesterday, conducting 9208 breath tests and 28 roadside drug tests.

A total of 68 people returned high blood alcohol readings, including one driver on the north coast who blew a reading of 0.230 per cent - almost five times over the legal limit of 0.05 per cent.

None of the drug tests returned positive results.

Link

tt: that wont work as it doesnt go by how you have smoked the substance, or taken it.

When you ingest a drug, orally, injecting, snorting, plugging etc..... it will always go to your lungs at a certain point, because it has to go through your bloodstream to get to your brain. you exhale metabolites for a certain amount of time and they end up in your saliva, tongue, cheeks etc.

Cant reveal any RDT stations sorry (no leaks sorry :( long service leave for basically the only cool cop in qld :p.) But I do know they will be targetting booze much more. The busses may have first phase equipment and not say drug on the bus anywhere.