• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

Really unfortunate to hear. didnt know him, but r.i.p. man. your in a better place. friends and loved ones-keep your head up.

i always enjoyed and learned something from your posts back in the dAY, and the occasional ones i would catch more recently.

some great minds just cant handle themselves - rip.

my heart goes out to you & yours.

His detox/ guide saved my skin and gave me a solid template to work from when i needed to go through WDs. Never met or spoke to him, but his advice helped me get through some dark days.

Hugs to his friends and family.

RIP PhreeX, maybe we'll meet at the great gig in the Sky.

So sad, I remember reading about his OD in 2003 and hoping he would wake up from his coma. And now, he's gone :(

R.I.P.

RIP Dave and my thoughts go out to the family and friends.

I "met" him at a small newsgroup in the late 1990's and his posts kept the group laughing constantly.

He was smart and funny. What a waste and a sorrow to hear of his death.

Will

Wow this is terrible. Although I ever knew him personally, PhreeX was seriously one of my favorite bl'ers. He was such an intelligent person and one the best mods we've ever had.

RIP :(

I just saw this thread.
I'm sorry to hear about this.
I wasn't good friends with Phreex, but on occasion we spoke.
Mostly its just a shock to see that hes passed because I started reading/posting at bluelight when i was about 14/15 years old, and Phreex's posts always stood out, whether he was flaming someone, making a joke, or giving good (or bad ) advice.
To me this is a reminder that even the biggest egos fall if they're not careful.
Rip, and lets hope everyone can learn to be a little bit more careful from this.

Last edited:
What a terrible loss, he was one of the most switched on, informed and educated drug users i've ever come across via messageboards.

RIP dude.

I only just found out about this...how sad and tragic :(

Dave died on 27 August from a fentanyl overdose. He'd had several overdoses recently, but i'm not going to speculate about whether or not it was intentional. I had spoken to him earlier that morning (he made some posts here too), as he was waiting for the pharmacy to open...

He'd IM'd me that day too...it was 27th August at 9.32am for him and he seemed happy...

Thursday, 27 August 2009
live4thewarmth (11:02:27 PM): oh god, dont be away ....
pluginbaby76 (11:02:28 PM): I am away from my computer right now.
pluginbaby76 (11:02:37 PM): ?
live4thewarmth (11:02:44 PM): oh, yer there
live4thewarmth (11:02:54 PM): ssssup chica?
pluginbaby76 (11:02:54 PM): just for a few mins....heading to bed
pluginbaby76 (11:03:08 PM): nothing muchos...hows you?
live4thewarmth (11:03:25 PM): oh ... turned 30 yesterday
pluginbaby76 (11:03:56 PM): ohh happy birthday :)
live4thewarmth (11:04:51 PM): yer in oz right?
pluginbaby76 (11:05:03 PM): yep
live4thewarmth (11:05:32 PM): that idiot paul watson wwith "sea shepherd" is there
live4thewarmth (11:05:52 PM): anyway, sleeep, ill be on later
pluginbaby76 (11:06:11 PM): ok...hope you have a nice birthday week :)
pluginbaby76 (11:06:13 PM): bai
live4thewarmth went away at 11:16:49 PM
live4thewarmth signed off at 11:17:45 PM

I guess he never came back on later... :(

RIP Dave <3<3

Last edited:
rest in peace phreex

i remember the old OD crew from years ago. you will be missed.

Holy shit Phreex died? That's crazy. I was just reading some of his older posts a few weeks ago..And the whole "survivor" show thing that went down back in the day. I was even mentioning it to some of my friends, dam, sorry to hear about phreex.

RIP, i remember when he first overdosed.

it just goes to show....

RIP! I'm sorry to hear this..

I'm newer and didn't know him, but just this morning I was laughing my ass off at some of his posts and thought he would be cool to get to know here...then I look here and I just missed him

Peace to his family and friends

Jenn

Didn't know him, but seems like he was very important to the members of bluelight...sorry to hear about it guys...I guess even the best of us fall, it's just a matter of when...RIP...

sweet jesus. I was this very morning reading his old old stuff and just now came across this.what a sad sad horrific shock. i didnt know him like others here but ive been reading bluelight and specificlly his work for almost 7 years. We lost a great man, and to his sister; i hope you and your family can start to get through this in time. time heals all wounds they say. My brother also died in a similar situation and though nobody ever knows "what someone else feels" but i have lost a great brother and so have you. my many condolences<3 he is in a better place where there's no pain,saddness...