• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

Very unfortunate. Rest in peace, brother.

It really goes to show that even perceived experts make mistakes with this sort of thing.

Well this has been a downer morning. :\

Truly a pioneer for us here at BL... I'm at a loss for words..

RIP Dave..

RIP, so sad, so tragic and all that... and I certainly didn't know the guy half as well as a lot of y'all did. I only talked to him IRL a handful of times, and each time he had no memory of ever having spoken with me before. Oddly enough, each time he also tried to sell me stuff... like turntables or power tools... once he tried to get me to buy a bike even.

Bluelight was never really the same once he stopped actively participating. Regardless of how long he has been away from the site, the whole place just feels a little less... I don't know... a little less cynical... a little less brilliant. Love him or hate him, he was one of the best. Top five, at least. I was never a big participant in the OD forum, but I spent countless hours in #od and then on odug, not because I had anything worthwhile to contribute to those places, but because he was just so damn entertaining. Even if you walked headlong into one of his brilliantly epic trollings, you still had to respect him. His FAQS, guides, long winded posts and rants set a standard of quality... as did his shenanigans.

But still, you don't live as hard as he did and maintain delusions of a long a fruitful life. Not that he had a hard life (that I know of...) but after countless brushes with death and lucky misses, is anyone really surprised that it took this long for him to finally cross that threshold for good? Far be it from me to speculate about his intentions that night (although I'm sure if he were reading this thread about someone else he wouldn't hesitate to call the deceased a dirty junkie), but he was a fucking pro and if he wanted it to end like this... it was inevitable.

TL/DR:

My deepest condolences go out to his family and loved ones. I can't even begin to imagine what this must be like for them. The man has passed, but the myths will live on.

Here is one of his old PM's still in my box:
I have finally come to the decession that I am going to resigin from Other Drugs... BA said that he can't tollerate even me not being an ACTIVE MODERATOR, and brother, I can't come up with replies to these stupid posts... I feel that most every one of these idiot's posts should be trashed but that isn;t acceptable, and since I have been gone it seems that the forum has went soft and everyone is given "respect" and shit... sorry, I just gotta step down and give YOU the position of "OD Owner" (not that it would matter to C-22) and you get to select whatever moderators you wish, but before I go I will do whatever I can to get that guy you want made the new mod in place of naturalone ...

You're the only one to know at this point ....
is the point of this post to stroke your ego or his?

Here's to hoping the afterlife is one big sedation vacation. You'll be missed around here.

I always knew him as the fentanyl guy that made funny and entertaining posts. Sad thou to go at such a young age.

fuck this week just keeps getting worse.... surreal to see so many folks handles....

another bastion of knowledge leaves this earth.

never interacted with him but i've sure heard of him. RIP dude. :(

RIP to PhreeX. The dude was a FOUNDER of the internet drug scene for sure. Smart man.

Damn. First time I ever heard of this guy named "Phreex" was from reading a book called "Pills A Go Go", where he wrote a piece on how to rob a pharmacy. Next thing I know, I'm talkin' to the man here on bluelight a couple of years later. RIP

I read many of your threads, Phreex. I was always told that if I wanted to learn something about anything - all I had to do was find the original post that you had wrote.

He was wonderful at explaining things, was helpful, and intelligent. It is a damn shame that such a young and bright mind had to be ended so early in life. I may have never directly spoken to him via PM- but the fact that i'm writing here shows why people do and should pay their respects.

Rest In Peace

Colmes

Wow. My heart goes out to PhreeX's family - I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now, not to mention what you've been going through for years. I wouldn't wish a moment of that on anyone.

Part of me is deeply saddened, and hoping that he can finally be at peace and without his demons. Another part of me wonders how on earth it took this long for the sadly inevitable to happen. Regardless, BL - a place I long considered an online home of sorts and come back to barely recognize - will be both less educated and less exciting for his loss.