• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

RIP PhreeX. Dude helped me with some issues I had preparing pharmaceuticals for I.V. a couple years ago and probably saved me from some serious health issues.

Oh fuck man. :(

This hit me right in my gut.

RIP to a true legend.

it did the same to me..i can't believe this actually happened ....dave lived so recklessly i knew it was just a matter of time, but so soon??? wow...

what is up with all the deaths in 2009 of so many influential people in the media and here? i had a lot of death in my family these year too....

condolences...

it really hits close to home when something like this happens.. wishing the best for his friends and family.

it did the same to me..i can't believe this actually happened ....dave lived so recklessly i knew it was just a matter of time, but so soon??? wow...

what is up with all the deaths in 2009 of so many influential people in the media and here? i had a lot of death in my family these year too....

for CuriousCub....
I am Phreexmom but I can't reply to PM's as I don't have bluelight status. [EDIT by TLB - removed email addy].

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate any and all comments and testimonials of how David helped or befriended anyone. I would like to pass on anonymously the message of pain and struggle and prejudice some of you, like David, faced in life which resulted in drug use of any kind, prescription or illegal...it doesn't matter...pain is pain. Genetics and Environment play a role as well as personal choice, the first two factors are beyond a person's control. It is time to stop blaming the victims in society. If my David's life helped you, I would like to pass on your story anonymously to influential people. Phreexmom. [Edit by TLB: Removed email addy]

I appreciate any and all comments and testimonials of how David helped or befriended anyone. I would like to pass on anonymously the message of pain and struggle and prejudice some of you, like David, faced in life which resulted in drug use of any kind, prescription or illegal...it doesn't matter...pain is pain. Genetics and Environment play a role as well as personal choice, the first two factors are beyond a person's control. It is time to stop blaming the victims in society. If my David's life helped you, I would like to pass on your story anonymously to influential people. Phreexmom. [Edit by TLB: Removed email addy]

Much <3 to you, Phreexmom and all of Dave's family and loved ones. God bless.

<3

Wow, I just saw this. :(

I've been on BL forever and PhreeX was someone I really looked up to. I loved his attitude and I loved that he was a wealth of knowledge. You will be missed. RIP Dave.

This man is one of my heroes.

He inspired me to join bluelight

He saved my life when i was injecting various substances

His posts about meth psychosis would always be legendary

I agree with Infinite Jest, This guy was suppose to be forever alive yo... Seriously

a character that bluelight IS in itself!

RIP man... your life was fully lived, time to rest =)

R.I.P. Phreex. Your posts saved me from some serious health problems, and moe so than that, a bad day. Take care, wherever your soul may be. May you find the peace we all seek in drugs.

whoa...shit... had no idea...

RIP :|:(:(

I used to post on here a lot more than I do now back in 2000-2001 with another name and used to love reading PhreeX's posts. He had some real crazy, funny ass stories that I actually tried searching for through the archive the other day. I kind of miss that timeperiod 2000-2001 and definitely miss the bluelight from back then. PhreeX made it what it was. When I first came on here back then I thought dude was running the site I seen so many of his posts. Didnt know him at all but i enjoyed his posts and he is one of the names from here that stick out to me. RIP

Can't believe this has happened.. PhreeX's unique style of moderating OD was the reason i decided to register to BlueLight back in 2002. At the time my screen name was benzo-messiah. I just found his anrgy outbursts towards (people he thought were) douchebags to be hilarious. =D=D I always looked up to him. His best posts have an amazing entrtainment value.

I never knew him but out of all bluelighters but i wish i had... :(
Well, It's too late now.

Rest in peace man. You will missed and remembered. <3

Last edited:
i just found out about this today... fucking gutting. absolute ratshit. rip dave.

proof the good die young b/c they have figured out the universal answer.

RIP Dave.

I'd heard ... but I didn't really know if it was true.
After his last big, and I mean really big OD, I was in a hole over it. He and I got along very, very well.
I was discussing him with a friend who'd never been on BL the other day, which was the catalyst for my login today.

PhreexMom, I'll be in touch. Thank you for creating an account so we can share David's legacy.

I have been registered here since 2001 however lost the login details, I have nothing else than respect for him but never knew him personally. I just wish to express my condoleances and hope his contribution to this community will be remembered in a good way.

My respects to you and Rest In Peace
23.gif

-- Respect <3

I'm just now reading this for the first time. Phreex really knew his shit, and was a really important member here. I remember when he ODed the one time and his sister was posting on here several years back. Its sad to see people waste their lives being strung out, at least he doesn't have to deal with the pain anymore. RIP man, thanks for teaching me and many others.

Are u sure he is dead? Several pages ago a guy said that he faked his death to get attention?