• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP PhreeX

Yes, my David (Phreex) is dead

I saw many of the past posts, and David's last posts and IM's stating he would 'stage his suicide' that night. He got his monthly prescriptions filled the next day and OD'd for real here at home. My son is gone.

Wow... just came across this thread. I don't know what to say.

Dave you will be missed, I will never forget the times we got to hang out, the limitless information you shared with me. The mind blowing discussions we would have of the universe changed my perception of a great many things.

I feel so bad that I cut off contact with you, I needed to get clean and it just wasn't working staying friends with you or anyone else. I never forgot about you and I wish I had not stopped talking.

If our discussions on the afterlife held any truth then you are in a better place right now.

This is really a shame.. I have no emotional connection but I do remember the posts about meth psychosis, that stuff was funnier than fear and loathing in LV.

I can't beleive i found out so late that Phreex has died :(

R.I.P

He was indeed an excellent writer

Jesus.

I check this forum each time I check back on BL, and I always hope I don't see any new names. Weirdly, I didn't expect to see PhreeX's name. A weird kind of denial. A little like his, I guess.

Whatever anyone thinks of his drug (ab)use, he was a very generous guy. The world needs more of them, not less.

Last edited:
Psalms 69:20. “I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none”.

Parents and David requested 4 Christian ministers and numerous relatives for drug counseling, friendship and help for years. None responded.
June, 2009: Parents request State of Florida Dept. of Children and Families Adult Protective Services investigate abuse of David by drug pushers at his apartment, as David was disabled. Protective Services recommended 'no services'.
July 6, 2009: Volusia County Sheriff ordered parents to turn over all prescription drugs to David or go to jail. David had previously requested his parents keep drugs at our home to give as prescribed.
July 7, 2009: David overdosed, hospitalized in coma. Doctors promised to Marchman Act..... Parents filed Citizens Complaint on Sheriffs prior actions which endangered David...
July 8, 2009: Parents petition court for involuntary Baker Act of David...judge 'denied' petition, stating David was a patient in Fish Memorial Hospital and not likely to suffer from neglect.
July 10, 2009: Hospital released David to home instead of Marchman Acting.
July 14, 2009: David overdosed, hospitalized, Marchman Act again assured to parents.
July 15, 2009: David released to home instead of Marchman Acting.
August 27, 2009: David overdosed at home. EMT's did not intibate, do CPR, give Narcan, cool body. ER revived heart rate, maintained for only 3 minutes then discontinued medicines 'per protocal'. David died before midnight. The Coroner ruled it an ‘accidental overdose’.

Another one :(. RIP. I remember his name
from when I first joined in 2002. 2 bad I
have 2c another BLer gone.

I used to be a regular here at Bluelight... I don't post anymore, but will check up on things from year to year. Phreex was a great poster, great member of Bluelight. Take care Phreex, rest in peace.

I didn't know him personally, but when I was a member here years back I would always find his posts informative and entertaining. It's a shame that he had to go, hopefully he is now at peace.

I found Bluelight a year after I started using MDMA (probably 1998...) and was active for several years before work and other commitments took over... I believe I stopped frequenting this community sometime 2005/6. Having returned, I am just shocked and saddened to hear that one of the few people who left such a great impression on me is gone, I remember looking forward to his posts so very much. Phreex you are truly missed.

To David's family: my love and thoughts are with you and I hope you find inner peace. Your son was special to many, it's truly amazing how memories and condolences are still pouring in, even now... I know my brother will be shocked to hear this as well, as he also remembers Phreex from the same era (early-2000s).

photos of Phreex..my son, David

David has a Memorial account on Facebook. It is titled the David V. Lanier Memorial. I invite any of you to 'friend' this to see photos and tributes to my precious son, David. See his definition of Christmas at age 10, that of a time of "giving, not receiving...." He was the kindest person I know...and that made him vulnerable. He had physical ailments...and that made him weak and sickly. He had to live with a sick father (MS), and in a 'sick' society that does not help those who need help most....but rather makes 'fun' of them. My efforts to obtain help for him were met with threats to me of jail, losing custody of my children, being called 'crazy' by David's abusers so no trouble or expense would need to be spent on him. There was nothing 'wrong' with David, only with the society that did not recognize and accept a truly loving, sensitive soul. He finally reacted to ridicule with isolation and drugs. He was wrong to think that HE was the problem or that HE had a problem. Society is the problem. Religious arrogance and unrealistic demands on the sick is the vehicle of abuse.

Attachments

• davids pictures.jpg
    davids pictures.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 421
  • David on my space.jpg
    David on my space.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 397
Another person who doesn't post here regularly anymore, and only just found this out. Phreex's posts, his stories and acid tongue were a constant delight and inspiration for me when I started out reading BL. Like oc3anide, he made a deep impression on me.

Deepest sympathies to his family.

RIP.

he has been in my thoughts since first coming here, and surely will remain as long as BL does in my heart.
and i believe that it will honestly always be.

please tell me you have found some peace...
i cant imagine your pain, but know for a fact, that even if overwhelming pain is guaranteed forever,,, peace, a different sort of appreciation for life, and a unique strength does arrive with this sort of realization/experience...

it is very humbling and touching to see you here, sharing the love he is.
he had a rough and cunning exterior here, but i deeply believe no one choses such depths with addiction, for fun...?

no - it is as you said

not all society is cruel though, thats the human part
of it. but, i get what you are saying and its people like YOU, who are in society as well; but dont have the $$$™ , or organized numbers with centuries of practice.

its starting to crumble though, the same mid-evil hierarchy that is still in command.
when it finally does, society will become civilization -
for people such as you and your son.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. David put up a rough, offensive exterior to hide the pain he was feeling. It was his defense against being hurt more than he had been all his life. Only I, his mother, could see the 'real' David since his difficult, distressed birth and childhood so I understood his pain and loved him unconditionally. He was really the kindest person I know.