• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Lagger / Splatt

Sorry for the people that Pm'd me (I dont have the net that much atm)
the memorial/funeral was good. The words that were said were so beautiful and am very proud and happy of the turnout and of the kindness of everyone that was there.
Miss you still mate

Fuck tonight's dose for Splatt. I went on a bender for the bastard, and he woulda loved it.

I gathered J_P. Lemme know next time and we'll sesh it up next time Organise a shiftload if variabity, make sure don't run aroun and get off out ttis!

*PEACE OUT MAN!

As tragic, trafic this is, I hope it it is bit of a kick on the ass for other's reading this - there is help. Whether that be something simple as a PM via BL or qualified training. Pleae, please seek help. Your recrecussion affect more (people) then you releaise! :(

Last edited:
I haven't been around much anymore as I am not taking stuff like I used to and been busy with lifes problems you know how it is and I just had to log back in to say Splatt and I used to have a chat now and then and it's sad to hear about his death.

I just found a thread he made on 08-02-2011 -->

Being sick and/or in constant pain and over it.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=554617&highlight=lagger

R.I.P Splatt

Take care of yourselves people ... and be safe

Kingpin007

Last edited:
damn i didn't know this happened until now. fuck i enjoyed his long rants on pill reports. never caught him much on here. spent a lot more time on PR than here. i guess all we can do is try and raise awareness and offer help for anyone out there anywhere. wherever you are there is always help. no matter how helpless you feel. talk to someone :). R.I.P mate.

I dont know what activity splatts msn account is having, but I would probably guess it's not being used by the police. I know his family have access to his computer. The idea in general seems fairly implausible in my mind.

re: Mr Ibis - I also debate in my head weather I should have called an ambulance at that time but I took it as you did, just another big Splatt dose. His family had also been through more than one hospital visit and I can see why they would have been unsure and hesitant. They also knew how he acted, they saw it more than anyone.. It's almost a case of the boy who cried wolf for lack of a better analogy. In short I'll miss him. The funeral was good as was the turnout - it managed to capture at least part of a very complex person.

For those talking about taking the next dose for Splatt. I dont wanna preach how to live your lives but generally its a moments silence - or to put it bluntly some sober reflection that may really give you the moment you need. Bluelight while a community of active and decent people is none the less a troubled community. Only two types of forums I'm aware of have dedicated shrine/RIP threads. car forums and Bluelight. Anyway to put where I sit in some perspective, Ive taken the Splatt doses with him and I'm not unaware of why your all here talking about these things. But I've just seen the end of a 23 year long friendship which in the end was dominated by drugs. A lot of people loved and cared for Mat and I somehow feel thats the main thing he seemed to forget in the blur of the years.

After 11.5 years this is only my 1500th post. I am pleased it is as part of this thread.

I remember him from the old days although never spoke to him on here nor off it. It is very sad for those that are close to him and his family and I hope you are all managing.

Although I can't really say I ever spoke to you, you were brought up in conversation with other BLers a few times as the guy who has all the information about anything.
It is sweet that you are still talking to him like he is here.

For those talking about taking the next dose for Splatt. I dont wanna preach how to live your lives but generally its a moments silence - or to put it bluntly some sober reflection that may really give you the moment you need. Bluelight while a community of active and decent people is none the less a troubled community.
I am pleased this was said by someone that knew him so well before I may have said something similar and come across as disrespectful. I agree with you entirely. I am not sure that is really what is required right now to remember him, given what happened and perhaps to a large part, why. It definitely is not what is required to honour him.

I have read through this entire thread and it is sad the number of people who have admitted to being in a similar place. I do not want to speculate why that might be but I hope it is not because of the reason that many people, especially those external to Bluelight, might assume.

RIP Splatt. I too hope there is some good that can come from such a tragedy. No doubt anyone on here contemplating similar might read this thread first.

And yet we all greave in different ways - one with a moment of silence, one with a nip of brandy (that is; how I celebrated my grandpas passing today!) or one with their own substance of choice. I don't think its anyones place to tell someone else how to greave. :(

One commiserates how one commiserates.

People can greave how they want, but some ways do more honor to a person than others. Granted thats my view - but that is kinda the point. Take it or leave it.

over the years i learned a lot & laughed a lot from your posts both here & on pillreports.

RIP Splatt

I've been so rattled about splatt, I liked him.

rip bud

One of the OG's i remember from when i just joined.
Very sad to see this.

Did he OD?

RIP Matt. We had some crazy MSN conversations. I wish there had been a way for you to stay here and to be happy, but it wasn't to be.

On a broader note, reading Seith's comments in this thread are haunting, given his recent passing. Make me wonder, isn't there more we can do? How can we reach people and offer them something positive to help them through their darkest moments? :(

I am shocked to find out this news today. I looked up to Splatt. He was a common face around these forums and pillreports in my early days of joining. I enjoyed reading his posts and learning from his experience and wisdom. I was saddened to hear of his mixups and getting banned from Bluelight. He still posted on Pillreports and from the short amount of contact I had with him I was encouraged by him. He seemed honest and genuine in bringing information forward harm reduction information despite whatever possible self destructive behaviour he was involved in. I am sorry to see him go.

Rest in peace Splatt!

I only knew matt via msn, but we must have talked for thousands of hours over the years, he was a very interesting guy, very intelligent and always did crazy things.

It all seemed to go down hill after he tried to get clean off drugs, then he went back on them and didn't seem to recovery. I really miss the guy, had some great conversations and he was always great to chat to. I don't mean to fag up his thread but let this be a reminder to people that even responsible use can turn on you eventually.

Miss you buddy.

Since your passing I have not once considered suicide as an option, thank you. (I am so keen to catch up together though)

You some how managed to teach me as much in your passing as you did in life. :)