• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP ektamine

This is tragic news - he was a very prolific and knowledgeable poster, and I really enjoyed reading some of his posts. I loved his username too.

His shadow people picture on the MDPV thread was absolutely brilliant!

R.I.P. ektamine.

Man, I didn't know him too well but saw his posts when I was a lurker, and when I joined.
:(

Rest in peace man, I wish you the best in whatever lays beyond for you.

Ektamine

This is the first time I have visited this site, but I can see that my brother Caleb (Ektamine) had a connection with many of you on Bluelight. Those of you who knew Caleb knew him in a different way than myself but I am sure you appreciated his Sarcasm, Wit, Kindness, and Intellect as I did. I feel that I am obligated to let the Bluelight community know that Caleb died on May 31st as a result of his drug use. He died peacefully while in a good state of mind at his house after completing his first shift at his new job. The timing was tragic as Caleb was starting to get his life back together. We won't know the drug that ultimately led to his death until the toxicology report is released and even than it may be inconclusive. If you would like to read his obituary or leave a comment I have provided links the obituary and to the Facebook memorial event as well as my email address.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/santacruzsentinel/obituary.aspx?n=caleb-thomas-bauldry-mcgeorge&pid=151614942

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154907767911451

Take care of yourselves
Sincerely,
Tyler
[email protected]

Never really knew him but my condolences are with you and your family. I hate to see threads like this stating that we've lost another bluelighter.

I am incredibly sorry for your loss.

Ektamine was a wonderful person, and this will bring many people closure who have been unable to accept his death without cause.

There is nothing I can say to make this better, but you and your family have the full support of the bluelight community.

Tyler, thank you so much for coming on here and letting us know. I am so sorry for your loss and also the loss to the Bluelight community. My deepest condolences to you and your family and Caleb's friends during this difficult time <3

Tyler-i loved your brother. many of us did. he was an amazing person and i am so sorry for the loss you and your family have endured. trust me-we may have just been internet friends but we shared alot. please know that this is a HARM REDUCTION site and that we try our best to convey that to everyone. Caleb was just a balls to the wall kind of guy. if his mind was made up-that was it. i am so sorry that those of us who knew him well could not have prevented this. but Caleb was going to do what Caleb wanted to do. i am so glad you contacted us. we have cried and wondered what happened,not just as individuals,but as a community. this song may hurt but it either this or shine on you crazy diamond,by pink floyd and i have already posted that for Caleb twice. please let us know if you need anything-to talk,rant,remember. we are here for you too.
here is the song...
~Keep Me in Your Heart for a While
~Warren Zevon

just click the song title that is underlined.

i am so sorry. i miss him. we all do.

MUCH peace,love and healing.........................skillz<3 =D <3

I was just getting to know ektamine and he was already one of my favorite people I've ever talked to..

I'm extremely sad about this and have been liiterally crying everytime I read more ...but at the same time I think about it like a race car versus a civic... the civic will have a long and stable life... but a racecar is designed and used to push boundaries and live on the edge... and they don't last very long typically...

I don't think ektamine was the type of person who would ever be happy going the speed limit... he went out pushing the boundaries which was what he loved doing....

That's how I want to go... doing something wild and fun... not rot away in a bed...

This doesn't make it better except for knowing that he went in peace and in a happy place...

I am truly sorry for the loss of your brother @Tyler... my brother is my best friend and I can't fathom what you must be feeling... my deepest condolences from the bottom of my heart to you and your family...

Your brother was a gift to all who knew him...

<3

Dear Ektamine/Caleb,

I did not know you for long, but you were my first real friend on Bluelight. I wouldn't be where I am right now, in this moment, if it had not been for our correspondence. I am so saddened to hear of this...but I hope and pray you've found peace, wherever you are. Your posts were insightful and funny, always helpful, and I believe that you were one of the highest quality of people I have ever had the honour of meeting.

I truly wish we had had more time to become better friends. Farewell...you will be sorely, sorely missed.

--Pseudovoyager

To one who touched many, I raise my glass in the memory of a great man. You will forever be immortalised on this board.

Shine on you crazy diamond. To the dark side of the moon and beyond.

Memorial

My Brother's memorial is this coming Saturday. Those of you who knew my brother knew him in a different way than I did and had your own unique relationships with him. Although most (maybe all) of you didn't know my brother in person I can see that the friendship many of you had with my brother was no less deep or real than if you had known him in person. While you knew my brother solely through the internet, you were not just 'internet friends' you were his friends and you knew him in a way that many people in Santa Cruz did not. I would encourage those of you who knew my brother well to consider writing something to be read or displayed at his memorial. Whether it be about Caleb as a person, what he meant to you/your relationship with him, or his contribution to the Bluelight community I know my family and I would greatly appreciate your contribution.

I'm looking towards Theotherside, Gavatron, Skillz~4~Thrillz, Laika, and Nekointheclouds but would appreciate a contribution from anybody in the BL community. I understand if nobody feels comfortable contributing but I want to stress to you that the BL community was, as far as I can see, a valuable part of Caleb's life and the connections he made here were important.

I will also try to post some of the content from the memorial here after the service.

If you would like to contribute or talk with me or the family personally please post on this thread, send me a pm, or email me @ [email protected].

Also if any of you live in the area and would like to attend the service you would be more than welcome. The service will be held on Saturday the 25th at 10am PST at Seabright beach (@ the end of 3rd avenue) in Santa Cruz.

This beach:
EamEt.jpg

There will be a reception lasting all day and into the night at our house. If you would like to attend and need directions please PM me.

-Tyler

I will be attending.... if anyone needs a ride, PM me I will be coming from sacramento area...

<3

Didnt know ektamine at all.
But spend quite a bit of time on here reading stuff, and definately see ektamine was a great help to people on here and put time and effort into this.

May your soul rest in Peace

This is the first time I have visited this site, but I can see that my brother Caleb (Ektamine) had a connection with many of you on Bluelight. Those of you who knew Caleb knew him in a different way than myself but I am sure you appreciated his Sarcasm, Wit, Kindness, and Intellect as I did. I feel that I am obligated to let the Bluelight community know that Caleb died on May 31st as a result of his drug use. He died peacefully while in a good state of mind at his house after completing his first shift at his new job. The timing was tragic as Caleb was starting to get his life back together. We won't know the drug that ultimately led to his death until the toxicology report is released and even than it may be inconclusive. If you would like to read his obituary or leave a comment I have provided links the obituary and to the Facebook memorial event as well as my email address.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/santacruzsentinel/obituary.aspx?n=caleb-thomas-bauldry-mcgeorge&pid=151614942

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154907767911451

Take care of yourselves
Sincerely,
Tyler
[email protected]

My heart breaks for you and your family, Tyler. <3

The obituary is one of the loveliest pieces of writing too - whoever wrote it should know that they have absolutely honoured Caleb with it. I feel like I know him better for reading it.