**Review** March 14 -15 FUNKY CHARMS 4 NE Ohio 80+ DJs

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're still making confirmations and improvements with the schedule... we promise to have it posted as soon as completed, thanks for being patient! we are also hopeful of an official afterhours for Saturday MORNING at a venue that you will certainly be comfortable in. As far as Sunday's afterhours, well, we just haven't gotten that far... yet!
[ 10 March 2003: Message edited by: noizia ]

This has got to be the best flyer I've seen in years. Great design work AND even better yet, what a great line-up of talent!
Lots of hot fresh talent on the line-up with special props going out to Digital Bill, Anita Decastro, and Thaddeus!
Looks like a great party...
See you in Miami!
Chuck
PTD/DTX

Hey, thanks for the kind words. It's comments like yours that inspire us to do so much more!
We'll be releasing the timeslots before Thursday, or as soon as they fall into place and confirmations make way for general preparation... get ready for the most anticipated party (or two) that we've seen in these here parts since, well... Funky Charms 3!

CHECK OUT http://www.euphorixprofunk.com for the locations hosting Friday and Saturday's festivities! If you can't make it to bothe shows make it to either!! They are both well worth the venture. Friday's is hosted at the new largest capacity multi-level complex in downtown Akron. And Saturday is hosted at the largest dance club in Cleveland! Both facilities are being transformed for these two consecutive multi-sensory extravaganzas!

looks like we'll be posting up the lineup ASAP, which may not be until tomorrow evening. We may just list the night of performance for the talents beforehand for those of you who are getting antsy...
BTW
Funky Charms preparty tonight at Annabell's in Akron w/ Y2Kid & Dez Drastik, Bish, & C-Style! DON'T MISS OUT A VERY KICKIN' TIME! ;)

Just a question... Why on earth is FC going to be at Metropolis? This venue is aweful! Not only is it a clubby bar but it's barely HALF the size of the Eagles Nest. What happened this year? Although the line up looks great, I refuse to go to Metropolis. That place is full of bad karma. I'm very disappointed in your production company this year. *pouting* I'll probably break down and see everyone on Friday.. I mean, it IS in my backyard!

Friday night's venue "Drink" isn't nearly large enought to handle the sort of crowd that this event is going to draw, either. It's CERTAINLY not the largest club in Akron. I'll be there, nonetheless, and I'm not trying to discourage anyone else from going, but that part of downtown akron is going to be flooded with all of the partykids that won't get in because they're at/over capacity. With all of the recent media surrounding certain "club tragedies," I seriously doubt that Euphorix is going to push their luck with the fire code.
Aside from all of this, Euphorix always brings a great celebration, despite such circumstances, and I'm sure that this weekend's event will be no exception. They are (IMESHO) the pride of our area's scene, and I don't have any less faith in their abilities to pull everything off smoothly just because of a different club.

Our decisions regarding the choices of venue were well thought out (in our opinion). Both nights have recommended capacity exceeding 1,000 guests; there are other events are going on this weekend; and the strict 18 and up policy (state issued ID's are a must to enter) ensures an all around legality that will unfortunately prohibit some of our supporters, but none the less making the event that much more solidified as a successful one. The possibility of a sell-out show certainly exists, and we're anticipating the use of nearby 'backup' venues for both evenings with an impressive premeditated production and roster of talent. In regards to our choice of hosting the event at Metropolis, we're VERY excited to be accomodating the venue with our production being that it'll be our first time utilizing the space. We had a blast with the Eagle's Nest in previous years, but we felt that it was a good time to break up the monotony of the tradition and offer something that will ultimately be a new and exciteful experience for everyone. Sure, the Metropolis has been host to countless events in the past, but we feel that this particular show will stand out as one of the most memorable evenings in it's history.
Regarding updates, we will be sharing the lineup with everyone by this evening so for now it's back to work and getting the final arrangements confirmed. Heads up for an amazing weekend of good weather (finally!) and all around fun music loving assembly :)

Although the line up looks great, I refuse to go to Metropolis. That place is full of bad karma.
I want to know if you have been to Metropolis in the last year? They have undergone some renovation and the club is much cleaner. The sound is great and I am told the light show has been improved. The SHADEY bouncers have been fired, and the water runs in the bathrooms. Anthony also hinted that they have additional suprises in store to make it more exciting.
While I may have my own set of illogical issues with the club, I do not think this is a valid reason for you to skip out on a good time. It should be an amazing production, lots of fun, and lots of good talent. Go check it out, and then if your opinion still holds true -- LET US KNOW. That would be your way of affecting a positive change!
Go, have a good time!
[ 14 March 2003: Message edited by: TymezUp ]

don't forget your state issued IDs and to arrive early for optimum parking!!!
TONIGHT AT THE DRINK!
Friday, March 14th the official home of this multi-sensory extravaganza
is the all new "DRINK" located at 328 S. Main St. in down town Akron!!
This multi-level complex is the largest dance facility in Akron and is
nothing short of impressive! There will be 4 of the seven stages at the Friday
event so don't miss all of the action! Doors open at 7:30pm and the
first performance goes on at 8pm
Level 2 Main Stage
08:00-08:45- Y2Kid
08:45-09:30- Influential
09:30-10:15- Axis
10:15-11:00- G-13
11:00-11:45- Mike Filly
11:45-12:45- Mike Love
12:45-01:30- Mark Mayhem
01:30-02:15- Kid Chaos
02:15-03:00 - Dez Drastik & Po
03:00-04:00- Evan Evolution
Level 2 Rear Stage
08:00-08:45- Stellar Paralax & Drean
08:45-09:30- Damien
09:30-10:15- 720K
10:15-11:00- J Leigh
11:45-12:30- Mike B
12:30-01:15- Thaiger
01:15-02:00- Skinny White Boy
02:00-02:45- Merlock
02:45-03:30- Pete O'Slicka
03:30-04:15- DD New Mole
Level 1 Stage
08:00-08:45- Sonic Impulse
08:45-09:30- Analogue
09:30-10:15- Bob Szabo
10:15-11:00- Anita DeCastro
11:00-11:45- Digital Bill
11:45-12:30- Hooty
12:30-01:15- Nox
01:15-02:00- Justin David
02:00-02:45- Three
02:45-03:30- Johnny V
03:30-04:15- SPECIAL GUEST ???
Level 1 Rear Stage
08:00-08:45- Prophet
08:45-09:30- Code Red
09:30-10:30- Diddle & Visine
10:30-11:30- Jocko & Evasion
11:30-12:15- Unitus w/DiDoubleP
12:15-01:00- Kritical
01:00-01:45- Simba & Special K
01:45-02:30- Graviton Girl
02:30-03:15- Hedcase
03:15-04:00- Navigator
SATURDAY AT THE METROPOLIS
Saturday, March 15th the official house of the FUNK is "THE METROPOLIS"
night club. This heralded establishment is under a transformation to
raise the pleasure level to the max! Located at 2325 Elm St. on the West
Bank of the downtown Cleveland Flats.
Main Stage
09:00-09:45- Weeble Wobble
09:45-10:45- J mammone & J Scratch
10:45-11:45- Disgustin' Justin & Vex
11:45-12:30- Sleepy C & Ill Eagle / Hostage Negotiation Team / LB
12:30-01:30- Bish & Cheshire
01:30-02:30- Moose & Zone
02:30-03:15- Tik Tak
03:15-04:00- Skillz
04:00-05:00- Freebass
Side Stage
09:00-09:45- Rain-E
09:45-10:30- Rob Black
10:30-11:30- Howie Groove & Cubby
11:30-12:45- Decepticon, Matt Stacks, Infinity
12:45-01:45- Doctor Nefarious & K Dub
01:45-02:30- Clone
02:30-03:15- Alien Gonzales
03:15-04:00- Jack Ruby
04:00-05:00 - Skyla & Pristine
V.I.P. Area
09:00-09:45- Dangermouse
09:45-10:45- Helen Keller & No Pan
10:45-11:30- Lee
11:30-12:15- Zachariah
12:15-01:00- Bob Sfero
01:00-01:45- Lovenug
01:45-02:30- Chris Eberhart
02:30-03:15- Thaddeus
03:15-04:15- J Whatever & Ursula
04:15-05:00- Bonita De La Penthouse

Doors open at 7:30pm!!!
FOR FRIDAY :: DIRECTIONS TO "THE DRINK" 328 S.MAIN ST. AKRON, OH 44308
FROM NORTHWEST SUCH AS TOLEDO
Merge onto I-75 S. 6.79 Miles
Merge onto I-80 E via exit number 195 toward CLEVELAND (Portions toll). 109.37 Miles
Take the OH-21 exit- exit number 173/11- toward I-77. 0.47 Miles
Turn LEFT onto OH-21 S/BRECKSVILLE RD. 0.88 Miles
Merge onto I-77 S. 19.14 Miles
Take the exit- exit number 22A- toward MAIN ST/BROADWAY. 0.15 Miles
Turn LEFT onto S BROADWAY ST. 1.09 Miles
Turn LEFT onto E EXCHANGE ST. 0.14 Miles
Once you hit Main St you will see The Drink across the street on your right! Parking at your own discretion so get there early for good spots.
FROM POINTS SOUTH SUCH AS CINCINNATI
Merge onto I-71 N toward COLUMBUS. 93.53 Miles
Merge onto I-270 W via exit number 101 toward INDIANAPOLIS. 26.49 Miles
Merge onto I-71 N via exit number 26B toward CLEVELAND. 90.45 Miles
Merge onto I-76 E via exit number 209 toward AKRON. 22.31 Miles
Turn LEFT onto E EXCHANGE ST.
Once you hit Main St you will see The Drink across the street on your right! Parking at your own discretion so get there early for good spots.
FROM POINTS NORTH SUCH AS CLEVELAND
Merge onto I-77 S via the ramp- on the left- toward AKRON. 36.20 Miles
FROM FARTHER NORTH-WEST SUCH AS DETROIT
Merge onto I-280 S via exit number 208- on the left- toward I-80/I-90/TURNPIKE. 12.52 Miles
Merge onto I-80 E via exit number 1A toward CLEVELAND (Portions toll). 101.59 Miles
Take the OH-21 exit- exit number 173/11- toward I-77. 0.47 Miles
Turn LEFT onto OH-21 S/BRECKSVILLE RD. 0.88 Miles
Merge onto I-77 S. 19.14 Miles
FROM POINTS FARTHER SOUTH-EAST SUCH AS BALTIMORE
Merge onto I-95 S via the exit- on the left- toward WASHINGTON. 3.59 Miles
Take the I-695 W exit- exit number 49B- toward I-70/TOWSON. 0.71 Miles
Merge onto I-695 N/BALTIMORE BELTWAY INNER LOOP. 4.56 Miles
Merge onto I-70 W via exit number 16 toward FREDERICK. 115.06 Miles
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto I-70/US-30/LINCOLN HWY. 0.25 Miles
Merge onto I-70 W. 1.51 Miles
Merge onto I-76 W toward NEW STANTON/PITTSBURGH (Portions toll). 222.19 Miles
Take the exit- exit number 22A- toward MAIN ST/DOWNTOWN. 0.16 Miles
Take the ramp toward BROADWAY. 0.09 Miles
Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto S BROADWAY ST. 0.85 Miles
FROM POINTS EAST SUCH AS PITTSBURGH
Merge onto I-279 N via the exit- on the left. 11.92 Miles
Take the I-79 exit- exit number 20. 0.11 Miles
Stay straight to go onto I-79 N/RAYMOND P SHAFER HWY. Continue to follow I-79 N. 5.12 Miles
Take the US-19 N exit- exit number 76- on the left toward I-76/CRANBERRY/PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE. 0.72 Miles
Merge onto PERRY HWY/US-19. 0.52 Miles
Take the I-76/PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE ramp. 0.36 Miles
Take the ramp toward OHIO AND WEST. 0.14 Miles
Merge onto I-76 W (Portions toll). 88.39 Miles
Take the exit- exit number 22A- toward MAIN ST/DOWNTOWN. 0.16 Miles
Take the ramp toward BROADWAY. 0.09 Miles
Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto S BROADWAY ST. 0.85 Miles
arrive early for optimal parking and once again, don't forget your state issued IDs! See you soon :)
[ 14 March 2003: Message edited by: noizia ]

I know who the special guest is. :)
I suppose its not toooo hard to figure out.
I'll be there tonight, should be tons o fun.

I'm headed out, I'm sure it'll be worth the 2+ hour drive. See you all on the dance floor(s).

HOLY FUN!!!! :D I could only make it out to Saturday night and I am so glad I did!!! Thank you so much Euphorix, you guys put a whole new faith in me for the Cleveland scene. Not once have I been let down by a party that you guys have thrown! So many great sets on Saturday, much love and respect to all the DJ's that performed and made FC4 an event that I will not forget!

Bish & Cheshire - I MUST go to the next party that these 2 are at! Simply amazing!

So Noizia, when can I get presales for FC5? ;) :D

hello midwest peeps... alien g-ride from the euphorix profunk... thanks to everyone here who give us such good feedback! "good feedback"---- meaning both positive praise and concerns to address, not to mention those who volunteer knowledge to those less learned, and everyone who was excited enough to spread the word about our event. i wanted to give a special shout out to kid rich for innovation, chris wilson and william beachy for all the patience,persistence, attention to detail, forgiveness and all the elbow grease and overtime, leslie and megggg's decor. project team for EVERYTHING looking and running so well, leah and john,cheshire,hooka,tranzparent, and 1auxy for the love and reprOZentation. props to total street knowledge, kritical,prophet, jameson, todd henderson, jason alias, pietro, ashley, stylez and stevie, lbeezie, vision, twine, m.j., theedy, thad,axis, drean, bass sick collective, watts, fame, evan, all comers and performers, mike b and albert j, doug b. brent,filly and all at poobs, matt b. and ctn, robin hood, annabell's (i know how to spell it : ) ) cleveland jungle love ruby-leigh-rudy-stilllife- and breakbeat massive, luke,meghan,moke,skinny for the 4-4 knowledge, c-style eh mang, dip for da infoline.........many mo to shout these are but a few among many i owe many thanks and gratitude. before this message is over, thanks to euphoric lifestyle and remarkably good karma, FC was a success and an inspiration for peeps who were looking for something different. euphorix is here and fc4 has come to pass. much praise and push to all WHO support our wavelength. outtie for now ----euphoria rose- signed tha roswell incident alien gonzales

thanks to everyone that came out on friday and saturday, although not to the person that decided to help themselves to fxxxing up my drink and making me stupid for the night and having to dash out by 2:30 without even getting to dance!!!!

arg.

and not thanks to the person (s) that stood me up for a ride to cleveland.

so im sorry to everyone i missed out on sat, yet from what i remember of friday the vibe was great !!
ok
enouph of my mindless non sense

Pre-purge bump for reference only.

Closed, as it's not useful to add to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.